Chapter 66

Masks

"Zelo, go open the door." Himchan ordered from the kitchen. He was busy preparing dinner for him and the other boys when he heard a knock on the door.

"Yes, hyung." Zelo got up from the couch.

"Hey noona." Zelo smiled brightly when he saw Sey standing there.

"Hey Zelo." she smiled shyly.

"Did you cry?" he asked worriedly after taking a better look at her face. Her eyes were red and a puffy. She definitely cried.

"No, I'm fine." she lied and hoped he would believe it. "Is Himchan here?"

"Sure, in the kitchen." he opened the door for her and pointed at Himchan, who was cutting some vegetables on the countertop.

"Thanks." she smiled to the younger male and made her way towards Himchan. He was standing with his back to her, so he didn't see her coming. She walked quietly towards him and wrapped her arms around his waist, hugging him from behind. Himchan froze.

"I'm sorry." Sey said quietly.

"We are not supposed to have girls in the dorm, so go." Himchan said dryly and resumed cutting the vegetables.

"Oppa.."

"Go away." he repeated. "I'm sorry for ordering you around like a toy, but this will be the last time I'm doing it."

"I didn't mean it.." she hugged him tighter. "I'm not leaving until you talk to me."

"I'm busy." he stated and released himself from her hug.

"Oppa!" she raised her voice a little and turned him around, forcing him to look at her.

"I think I was clear enough." Himchan said annoyed. "Go away. Whatever you want to say, I'm not intrested. Have a happy life."

"Manager hyung, what are you doing here?" Zelo's voice was heard in the kitchen. He spoke louder than usual so Himchan ans Sey could hear him.

"." Himchan cursed. Sey panicked. They can't get caught since she is not supposed to be there.

"Hyung, come see my new skateboard!" Zelo started dragging the manager towards his bedroom, trying to pass the kitchen as quickly as possible. Sey froze while Himchan pushed her away to a hidden corner so the manager won't notice her.

"Look, this is my new skateboard!" Zelo beamed while showing the manager a red skateboard when they were in the room he shared with Daehyun.

"That's not new, I already saw this skateboard.. You have it for a while now." The manager stated after examining it.

"Oh, realy?" Zelo rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "I must have forgot."

"Anyway, what's with the mess here? Clean your room a little, it looks like a pigsty." The manager said after looking around the room.

"Yes, hyung."

"If there isn't anything else.."

"Manager hyung!" Zelo grabbed his arm quickly.

"What is it?"

"I think Daehyun hyung is not well.. His snoring got worse lately. I can barely sleep at night! Can't you see the dark circles under my eyes?" he whined and pointed at the visible bags under his eyes.

"Use ear plugs or sleep somewhere else. Don't bully your hyung." the manager said dryly.

"What bully? I'm a nice kid!"

 

~

 

"I'm sorry for being rude, but please go. I don't know how long Zelo can stall him." Himchan said while pushing Sey out of the door.

"Oppa.."

"Let's talk later." he said dryly and closed the door, not giving her a chance to say anything else.

"Who were you talking to?" The manager asked while coming back to the living room. Zelo trailed behind him, apologetic look on his face.

"Some delivery guy.. Someone in the building ordered bulgogi and the delivery guy thought it was our apartment." Himchan lied quickly.

"Alright." B.A.P's manager said. "But something is strange.."

"What?"

"It smells like a feminine perfume over here." he said after sniffing the air again. Himchan's face became red as a tomato.

"Oh, we opened fan letters earlier, they had perfume on it. You know our fans.." Zelo quickly said, and Himchan could breath in relief.

"What are you doing here anyway? You usually let us know before you come and you knock instead of using your key.." Himchan asked, trying not to sound too suspicious.

"I wanted to talk to you. Why? Are you hiding something from me?"

"Of course not!" Himchan exclaimed, hoping the manager believes it.

"Good. Where are the other guys?" The manager asked after looking around the room.

"I'll go get them." Himchan suggested.

 

Few minutes later, all B.A.P were gathered in the living room, minus one.

"Where is Yongguk?" the manager asked.

"At the company, I think. He is probably working." Youngjae answered.

"Alright. Since several things happened today, I just want to make some things clear."

"What is it?" Jongup asked curiously.

"I really don't care if you date, but please don't get caught. Right Now Hyeri might get kicked out because of Yongguk, so this is a warning to you as well, in case you are thinking about doing the same."

"What's the catch?" Himchan asked.

"What catch?" The manager asked confused.

"The company probably won't kick her out since they already invested too much in her and they need her, so what is it?"

"You can't break the rules. That includes all of you." The manager said dryly. 

"What do you want us to do?" Daehyun asked.

"Don't cause more troubles since we already have enough. Just leave the girls alone, they need to debut. Besides, you know well enough that a dating scandal will bring more harm than benefits."

"Then what about Yongguk hyung?" Jongup asked.

"I don't know." the manager sighed. "It's mostly up to him and the CEO's mood."

 

~

 

"Did you really mean what you said earlier?" I asked Yongguk.

"I said a lot of things. Which one?" he asked while playing with my hair. It felt nice.

"That I'm going to get kicked out if wer'e caught together.." I said. Yongguk stopped running his fingers in my hair and looked at me.

"I'm sorry."

"I knew why I wanted to keep it a secret.." I sighed.

"I'm sorry. I should have thought about it earlier, I just couldn't help it when that idiot acted like that.."

"It's fine. It's already done, and wer'e bad at playing hide and seek anyway.. We were bound to get caught sooner or later." I tried to smile, but it just came out awkward and fake.

"What do we do?" he asked.

"The CEO won't really kick me out, right?" 

"I don't know." Yongguk sighed. "He seemed really pissed."

"He hates me, there is no way he is letting this go, I messed up too many times already."

"He doesn't hate you. He kept you here even though you messed up in the past." he tried to reason.

"But I always talk back to him and I never listen and I cause troubles. I'm probably just a nuisance to him."

"You are not a noisance."

"To you maybe, because you are stuck with me."

"I'm not stuck with you, I wanted to be with you." Yongguk corrected me.

"Still.." I pouted.

"I'll fix this mess somehow, it was my fault anyway. Just trust me?"

"I trust you." I squeezed his hand reassuringly. "If he still kicks me out then I guess I'm not supposed to debut right now.. I can always go to another company."

"It will be alright, don't worry too much."

 

~

 


"That idiot!" Sey grumbled while kicking a stone on her way back to her dorm. "I already apologized to him, so why is he still acting like that?"

"And you still don't understand why I'm mad." she heard a familiar voice from behind her. She turned around to the voice's direction and saw Himchan standing there, his arms crossed over his chest. He looked mad, but he was still handsome. It was actually y in a way..

"Oppa.."

"Don't oppa me." he said dryly.

"But.."

"But what?"

"I love you." she said shyly.

"You have got to be kidding me." he sighed, frustrated.

"What? I really do!" she exclaimed.

"I'm not so sure about that anymore.."

"What do you mean?" she asked, confused.

"You say one thing and then you do the exact opposite. I'm not so sure you care anymore."

"I do." she said and hugged him.

"Let's take a break." Himchan pulled away from her embrace.

"What?"

"Let's. Take. A. Break." he repeated the sentence slowly, emphasizing each word.

"No." Tears started streaming down her face.

"I need to think about some things, and you need to make your priorities straight. If you want to go to that Matt guy then go. I'm not stopping you."

"I don't want that!" Sey wiped her tears quickly, but it didn't take long until her face was covered with tears again.

"Go home. Enjoy your weekend." he said dryly and turned around to leave.

"Oppa!" she called after him, but he didn't answer. If only she could see he had a tear sliding down his cheek as well..

 

~

 

"Let's watch something on tv." Yongguk suggested while we were lazing around in the playroom. I know it's not the safest place for us to be in right now because of the mess with the CEO, but we didn't care. Besides, it's quite late, so I doubt anyone from the staff will be there.

"Deal. Choose whatever you want." I smiled and Yongguk turned the tv on. Like a sad joke, the channel opened was National Geographic, and it showed a documentary film about whales.

"Great, now I can get to know my family members.." I muttered.

"You are not a whale." Yongguk smiled. "You are more like a cute dolphin that sometimes pretends to be a shark to defend itself."

"Go check your vision." I poked his forehead.

"I already checked it, I have an excellent vision." he smiled brightly.

"Idiot." I giggled.

"That's more like it." he ruffled my hair playfully.

 

Yongguk changed the channels until we landed on a movie. He looked at me, waiting for approval, and I nodded happily. I leaned my head on his shoulder while his arm was wrapped around my waist.

"You are too young for that." he covered my eyes with his free hand when Channing Tatum took his shirt off. I moved his hand way, frowning. 

"I'm an adult." I stated, glaring at Yongguk.

"But you have a mentality of a kid. Whenever you see me shirtless you are getting embarrassed, so I figured it will be the same here. I'm just helping you out." he smiled innocently.

"But you are not him. I really don't have a problem with him being shirtless." I smiled brightly and turned to look at the tv again.

"Yah!" Yongguk frowned. "What is so good about him? I have abs as well."

"Are you seriously getting jealous over this?" I looked at Yongguk is disbelief and amusement. He can be such a kid sometimes..

"I'm not jealous!" he crossed his arms over his chest. I sighed.

"Your abs are cooler. And I think his muscles are a little too big. Yours are just in the right size." I whispered in his ear. He didn't react. "The reason I'm embrrassed near you it's because it's you. I will always choose you over anyone else, so don't get mad at me." 

"Your'e the best." he smiled and kissed me. I leaned backwards, my back touching the couch. Yongguk smirked and started planting kisses on my neck.

"I noticed how you checked that girl out.. Is girls in short skirts your style?" I pushed Yongguk away before things got heated more than I wanted them to.

"No." he still kissed me. "You are prettier. Always." he added two more kisses.

"You are just saying that because you want to get something out of me." I joked.

"Of course I want something from you." Yongguk smiled brightly, looking at me. "I want your soul." he tried to look scary and threatening, but it was more amusing than anything.

"I don't have a soul." I pushed him away, and now he was finally sitting on the couch instead of hovering over me. I sat back as well.

"Go watch the movie instead of speaking nonsense." he poked my forehead and turned to look at the tv again.

"We already missed part of it thanks to someone.. It's useless."

"Then let's talk." Yongguk wrapped his arms around me. "Are we still going on that date the day after tomorrow?"

"Yes, if you want to.."

"What kind of sane guy refuses a date with his girl?" he asked.

"Is there something you want to do?"

"Whatever you want. I'm all yours." Yongguk smiled.

"You might regret it.." I teased.

"Try me."

 

~

 

Himchan slammed the door to his room. Jongup and Daehyun, who were sitting in the living room, exchanged worried looks between them.

"I'll go talk to him." Youngjae said, emerging from the kitchen. He followed Himchan to his room and knocked on the door.

"Go away!" Himchan shouted from the inside.

"If you want to talk, you know we are here.." Youngjae tried.

"I want to be alone."

"We made food. Make sure you eat something.."

"Thanks."

 

~

 

"Good night." I pecked Yongguk's lips.

"Sleep well, we will talk tomorrow." Yongguk smiled.

"Good night, oppa." I smiled as well and went inside my dorm. The other girls weren't there, except for Sey, who was curled up into a ball on her bed.

"Sey?" I asked carefully, sitting on her bed.

"I want to be alone." she mumbled.

"Do you want me to get you something?" I offered.

"No."

"Do you want me to kill Himchan?" I tried again, thinking she is like that because of him.

"Don't kill him, it's my fault." she said.

"Why do you think that?"

"He thinks I don't love him anymore." she said and started crying again.

"That's not a problem.. You just have to show him you love him."

"He wants to have a break." she cried harder and I hugged her.

"Maybe its for the best.." she glared at me. "I mean, let him think about it for a couple of days, and then he will realize he misses you and he'll come back to you."

"I miss him."

"I know.."

"No, you don't. You are doing fine with Yongguk."

"But we have fights as well. We fight a lot."

"Because that's the way you communicate.. It's either fighting or being overly sugary with the two of you, you don't have the middle."

"How about we do a girls night tomorrow? We'll watch a chick flick, do our nails and some facial masks, gossip.. We haven't done it for a while. You could use that time to forget about Himchan and clear you mind a little." I offered, trying to distract her. Truth is I can use it as well, and I kinda missed it.

"You are not busy?"

"I always have time for my friends, especially if they need me." I smiled.

"Deal." Sey finally smiled, wiping the tears from her face.

 

~

 

"Hyung!" Zelo called when Yongguk came back to their dorm.

"What is it?"

"I think something happened, Himchan locked himself in your room."

"Did something happened today?"

"The manager was here and he almost caught Sey in out dorm.. Afterwards Himchan went outside and when he came back he was like this."

"I see. I'll go talk to him." Yongguk said and made his way to the room he shared with Himchan.

"Thanks, hyung. We left food, for both of you."

"Thanks." Yongguk smiled. He knocked on the door to his room, waiting for Himchan to answer.

"GO AWAY!" Himchan yelled from the inside.

"Yah! Kim Himchan! Open the door!" Yongguk raised his voice a little as well.

"Go to your girlfriend, leave me alone."

"If you have a problem with your girlfriend don't take it out on me. Now open the damn door, I want to change and go shower!"

"Use Daehyun's underwear! You can get the rest from the other kids as well."  the answer from Himchan left Yongguk dumbfounded. He stared at the closed door for a few moments, thinking of a proper reply.

"Are you seriously locking me outside of my own room just because you fought with your girlfriend?!" Yongguk exclaimed in disbelief.

"YES!"

"Channie.. Please stop acting like a teenager and let's talk.. I'll bring wine." he tried a different method.

"The one I like?" Himchan asked. Looks like it's working.

"Yes. I'll bring your favorite."

"Come back fast." Yongguk chuckled and went to get the wine Himchan likes.

 

"Open the door, you idiot." Yongguk ordered when he came back to their room.

"Don't call me an idiot." Himchan stood in the entrance after opening the door.

"Then stop acting like one."

"Bring me my wine."

"Here." Yongguk handed him the wine and the glasses. Himchan opened it quickly and started pouring the drink.

"What is it?" Yongguk asked while sitting on his bed, his wine glass in his hand.

"I think she doesn't love me anymore." Himchan drank from his wine.

"She still loves you."

"How would you know? You saw that Matt guy hitting on her, and she didn't push him away."

"Maybe she just froze because she was surprised or something.. It can happen." Yongguk tried to reason.

"For the first time, yes. What about the times afterwards?"

"Maybe she felt uncomfortable rejecting him.. Hyeri didn't put him in place for the same reason."

"And you just agree with it?" Himchan looked at him. Yongguk tightened his grip on his glass.

"No, but that's her choice. I can't control her actions."

"By the way, thanks for hitting him for me as well."

"No problem." Yongguk smiled. "I saw you suffering and he desrved it."

"Idiot." Himchan laughed.

"So, did you break up?" Yongguk looked at Himchan.

"No. I asked for a break."

"How did she take it?"

"She cried."

"Do you regret it?"

"No."

"I think it will do good for both of you. She can realize how much she misses you and how precious you are. She will definitely come back."

"I hope so.." Himchan sighed.

"I'm sure she will." Yongguk smiled and patted Himchan's back.

 


 

Author's Note:

 

Yes, this day is finally over. Next is the weekend and the next week with practice and stuff..

 

I like how this chapter came out, I hope you'lll like it as well :)

 

Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing!

 

M.