Chapter 35

Masks

Before the third mission we had to throw the dice with the numbers in order to see which location to go to. Each location had a different mission. Yongguk threw the dice and it landed on number 2. We got another card:

 

Hell is hot, and so is our mission.

Can you stand the heat?

Go to ...

 

We drove the car with Yoo Jae Suk and Ji Suk Jin, since they got number two as well. We tried to guess what we are going to do from the clue on the card, but without success.

When we parked the car we saw it was a sauna. It was hot inside, and the sauna was designed like a party with an improvised bar and a dance floor. Oh well. Kwang soo and Kim Jong Kook was there as well. We got another mission card:

 

Your third mission is 'Party Hard!'

Each one of you get a pedometer.

You can dance, jump, run and do whatever you want beside resting.

When the bell rings, you have to go to the bar and drink what the bartender gives you.

Your'e free to go when you and your partner pedometer total sum is 666.

Don't forget to throw the dice to see if you'll have a hard time or not..

Enjoy the party!

 

I threw the damn dice, and the dice landed on 'Free'. Finally! I high-fived Yongguk, both of us smiling brightly. Not that I mind being close to him, it just that it's uncomfortable and my wrist and ankle started to hurt from the ties and the effort.

As for the mission - dancing is good. We can do this.

"You can start now." The producer said and blew a whistle. The music started playing and we started dancing. If it's like this it won't be that bad.

When the song ended we checked our pedometers. I had 70 while Yongguk had only 20.. It's not surprising since he is weak at dancing and he moves relatively slowly.

"I'm sorry.." Yongguk gave me an apologetic look. "You know I'm not good at this.."

"Don't worry, it's fine. Youv'e worked hard enough, and I can do this for both of us." I smiled. Finally I can do something and I'm not relying on him.

"Next song." The producer said, and the music started playing again. Only 576 more steps to go..

Soon it became hot from the heat in the sauna and from dancing and moving around. The bell rang and we had to go to the bar.

"You can't be serious.." I said when I saw the big mug of hot tea.

"I'm very serious." The bartender answered dryly. "Drink up."

I looked at Yongguk, who looked at me back. He then took the mug and started drinking it. I did the same.

The mission went on for a while. Yongguk was struggling and it looked funny from the side. Beside B.A.P's choreographies he can't dance properly, and it's amusing. It turned out to be his secret weapon since he made all of us look at him struggling instead of actually dance and do the mission. He was so cute and funny at the same time.

The next song that played was B.A.P's "Be Happy". I had a big smile on my face, and I noticed that Yongguk was smiling as well. It's a fun song, and finally he wasn't embarrassed dancing.

 

We had another bar break. This time we got soup. It was so hot.. everyone was sweating like crazy. I was fanning myself while trying to finish the soup.

"So hot.." Yongguk sighed.

"Be thankful, at least you can take your shirt off if your'e too hot, I can't."

"Do you want to see me shirtless that badly? You could have just asked.." He teased.

"Yah! I couldn't care less about your clothes and about what you wear or don't wear."

"Sure." He smiled, not believing me.

"Finish your soup." I tried to change the subject quickly in order to avoid more embarrassement.

"Alright." He continued to eat.

 

~

 

"Look, it's our song.." I said to Yongguk when "Chained Up" (VIXX) was played and I did an X shape with my hands, signaling being tied. He laughed.

"I actually think something else fits us better."

"What is it?" I asked. He got closer to me and started singing the chorus from "Some" in my ear. I blushed. Luckily it was so hot inside that my face was already red, so it wasn't noticeable.

"Stop fooling around." I tried to keep a straight face.

"Party pooper." He pouted. I stuck my tongue out, and he laughed.

 

~

 

"Good, you can go." The producer said after checking our pedometers. We finised first but we had to wait for another couple to finish because of the car.

We rested outside the sauna since it was so hot inside. I sat next to Yongguk, who offered me a massage. I happily agreed and I turned around, my back facing him. It felt heavenly.

The two other couples finished at the same time, so we were riding the same car we came in.

"I'm tired.." I said while yawning on the way to our next location.

"Your'e always tired." Yongguk stated.

"Ahjussi, I have other things to do beside working with you, it's obvious I'm tired."

"Speak properly, I'm older than you." He scolded.

"But you act like a kid."

"I'm still more mature than you." I stuck my tongue out.

"Do you always bicker like that?" Ji Suk Jin asked.

"Yes. Sometimes it's even worse." I answered.

"But it's usually not serious and we always make up somehow." Yongguk continued.

"It's so nice to be young.." Ji Suk Jin said.

"Hyeri-ya, you dance really well. How do you know all the dances?" Yoo Jae Suk asked.

"Thank you." I said shyly. "Because I like it. And actually, there was a time when I couldn't pay for dance lessons, so I used to practice by myself by learning all this dances."

"Oh, that's admirable. Did it help?"

"Yes, a lot." I smiled.

"What is your favourite?"

"I like everything."

"That's a dimplomatic answer."

"But it's true. I'm fine with everyhting."

"Leave her alone if she doesn't want to answer.." Ji Suk Jin said.

"Wer'e here." Yongguk suddenly said. We stopped the car and entered the building. It was big and had several floors.

Inside there was a staff member with another mission card:

 

This is your final mission - 'Name Tag Elimination'.

Get rid of your opponents tags to win this race.

The last person with his name tag on wins this race for him and his partner.

P.S - You still have to throw the dice.

May the odds be in your favour.

Good luck!

 

Finally. I watched this on tv and it looked fun. I can't believe wer'e doing this..

Yongguk threw the dice and we got 'Free' again. I high-fived Yongguk again. At least for the important missions the luck is on our side..

The staff put the name tags on our shirts, and the race has finally started.

Me and Yongguk decided to split so it will be easier if we get caught since only one of us needs to survive. I gave him a hug and then we went on our seperate ways.

 

"How do you think Yongguk will do?" The cameraman asked me while I was hiding somewhere.

"Mmm.." I thought about it for a while. "I think he will be eliminated in the first five."

"Why is that?" The cameraman laughed.

"Because he is a little slow sometimes and he is a gentleman, so he will probably let the girls win over him. I'm probably the only exception for that.."

"So he is not a gentleman around you?"

"What? no! I didn't mean that!" I waved my hands, flustered. I should really think before I speak.. "He is a gentleman. Please don't misunderstand."

"Ok.." The cameraman laughed.

 

~

 

"How do you think Hyeri will do?" The cameraman asked Yongguk.

"She is stronger than she looks and she is competitive. When she wants something she will get it, so I think she will do well. Maybe she will be eliminated in the last three."

"Looks like you know her quite well.."

"Yes, I do." Yongguk said shyly.

 

~

 

"You see, Zico is over there." I said to the camera and pointed over his direction. "He looks fierce, I'm not sure I can do it alone."

I waited a little, watching him, until I heard some noise coming from his direction.

"Finally we meet again." Zico said smiling. Who is he talking to?

"I will be happy to eliminate you." The low voice said. Yongguk. If he is here I need to help him. I watched them carefully, trying not to expose myself.

"Same here."

"So do you want to do this in the nice way or in the dirty way?" Yongguk asked.

"Ji Suk Jin - Out!" The announcement was heard in the loudspeakers scattered in the building. One less person left to eliminate.. And at least Yongguk wasn't eliminated first.

"Always dirty." Zico smiled. I returned to look at them.

They got closer to each other, trying to calculate their next move. Zico attcked first. Yongguk managed to dodge it and started attacking Zico. It went on for a bit, both struggling to rip the name tag from the other person. At some point Zico was facing his back to me. I launched myself forward and tore his name tag off before he realized what's going on.

"Zico - Out!" The announcer said, and two staff members came to take him to jail, where all the eliminated people were.

"Yes!" Yongguk high-fived me. "Thanks for the help, princess." He smiled his gummy smile.

"Anything for you." I smiled back.

"Be careful, and it's fine if your'e eliminated early, you worked hard."

"The same goes for you."

"Catch them!" Someone shouted from afar. We looked at that direction and saw Kwang Soo and Haha. Great. I tried to fight with Haha and Yongguk was responsible for Kwang Soo.

I glued myself to the wall, so my back is covered. Haha pulled my legs, trying to seperate me from the wall. I just lay on the floor, not lifting my back from it. I tried to kick my legs to scare him, and it worked a little.

On the other side, Yongguk was struggling with Kwang Soo. It didn't look good, so I wanted to finish fast with Haha so I can help him. Yongguk almost managed to tear the name tag from Kwang Soo's back, but then he turned around and laid on the ground.

"Yah, why are you with Kwang Soo anyway? He is not your partner.." I asked Haha, trying to distract him.

"He is an easy target.. I'll get rid of him soon." He answered, looking at Kwang Soo and Yongguk struggling. I smiled. This is my chance since he is not looking at me.

"Haha - Out!"

"I'm sorry.." I apologized and bowed. He just smiled.

Now to help Yongguk.. In a team work we managed to eliminate Kwang Soo as well.

When the area was clear we decided to seperate again.

 

~

 

"Bang Yongguk - Out!".

I was just hiding somewhere when this announcement came. He lasted quite long, I'm proud of him.

"Who eliminated him?" I asked the cameraman.

"Yonghwa."

"Oh.." That's understandable, Yonghwa is strong.

Well, I'm all by myself now. I counted the people who were eliminated, and if I'm not wrong, there were still three more people beside me - Yonghwa, Soyou and Kim Jong Kook. I think I will just hide a little more so I can let them eliminate each other. Better for me..

 

"Yonghwa - Out!" was heard a few minutes later.

Good. I think I can go out now. With my bad luck, Kim Jong Kook was standing right where I was hiding. Great.. I know he is weak with girls, but I don't stand a chance with him.

"Hello there.." He smiled, getting closer to me.

"Oppa, how wbout we talk about it first?" I tried to use my aegyo to affect him, while walking backwards.

"What do you want to offer?" He asked. Just then I saw Soyou not so far from us.

"Look, Soyou!" I yelled and pointed over to her direction, hoping he will get distracted by it and I can figure something out.

"Oh, good, two birds in one hit." He smiled.

"Yah, Soyou, how about we make a deal?" I shouted while getting a little further from Kim Jong Kook. He was keeping a safe distance from both of us, watching us.

"What kind of deal?" She asked.

"We eliminate him together and then we battle it out on our own.. We can't beat him alone and he is weak with girls."

"It won't work, your'e too weak." He stated.

"Let's do it." She said. "When I count to three - Attack!"

"Fine.."

"One.. Two.. Three!" Soyou was trying to fight him from the front, keeping him busy, and I was targeting his back. I used all my energy, but he is too strong. I jumped on his back and stayed there, hoping my extra weight will slow him down. He tried to shake me off his back, but I clung onto him desperately. I'm not giving up!

"Unnie, keep distracting him!" I shouted.

"Yah! Why are you so strong for a girl as small and skinny as you?" Kim Jong Kook complained.

"I work out a lot." I answered smiling, still clinging onto him.

"I'm only going easy on you because your'e a girl." He mumbled.

At some point he was busy with Soyou and my chance came.

 

~

 

"Kim Jong Kook - Out!" 

"What? How can it be?" There was a commition inside the jail.

"Wait, so right now it's only Soyou and Hyeri, right?" Yoo Jae Suk asked the staff member, and he nodded. Zico and Yongguk was smiling brightly, proud of their partners.

"These girls are strong.. especially the little one." Kim Jong Kook sighed while walking into the jail and sitting on an empty chair in the middle.

"Did you get beat up by two girls?" Kwang Soo laughed.

"Shut it." He glared at him. "And they are strong. What does people in your company eat? Your girl is really strong." He said to Yongguk while patting his back. 

"I'm sorry.." Yongguk bowed his head. "She is really strong, but she just work out a lot."

"My kind of girl." Kim Jong Kook smiled.

 

~

 

"Well, it's only the two of us." I smiled. "Good job!"

"You too." Soyou smiled as well. "Let's play fair and may the best woman win." She offered me her hand for a handshake.

"Good luck." I shook her hand.

 

~

 

It's been an hour and a half and still no sign of the girls. They were working hard, and the people waiting in the jail started to get anxious.

The door opened and Soyou went in first, her hair messy and her clothes a little ripped and stretched. She walked in quietly. Hyeri was walking behind her, in the same condition. No doubt it was a rough fight.

"Well?" Haha asked. Soyou lifted up a name tag, and then turned it around so they will see her name is written on it. She lost.

"Yes!" Yongguk jumped in his place and then wrapped me into a hug. "Good job!" He ruffled my hair when we pulled apart.

"Thank you." I said shyly. Everyone clapped.

"Unnie, I'm sorry. But you did a really good job today." I went to Soyou and bowed.

"You did really good as well." She smiled. "You deserve it."

"She really is no joke.." Soyou said to the others.

"I'm sorry.." I bowed again, blushing.

"Hyeri and Yongguk.." Yoo Jae Suk said and signaled us to come and stand next to him. The others gathered around us as well.

"Well, Hyeri and Yongguk wins this race today and they won a high quality meat." He said and pointed over to a table with a lot of meat on it. Beside the big amount there were also different kinds of meat.

"What are you going to do with it?" Yoo Jae Suk asked.

"We are going to share it with the people in our company." Yongguk said smiling, and I nodded in approval. That's a good idea.

"That's great." Yoo Jae Suk smiled. "How was your first visit here?"

"Well, I think I got to know a new Yongguk today." I smiled. "And it was really fun and I hope you'll invite us again. Please show us a lot of love and support, we will work hard in the future." I bowed.

"Thank you so much for inviting us here today. It was a good experience and I hope to come visit you again. We are always working hard, so please anticiapte our future activities.. Hyeri's group is debuting soon and B.A.P is working hard on a comeback and other activities as well. Thank you." Yongguk finished his short speech and bowed as well.

 

~

 

"Oppa.. Your'e proud of me, right?" I asked while standing close to him, facing him. We were still in the set, but people started to disperse.

"A lot." He smiled. "You did a good job today."

"You too." I smiled.

We stayed like this for a while, looking at each other and not saying anything. His hands were on the sides of my body, but suddenly they moved to wrap my back, pulling me closer to him. My hands, that were on his shoulders, moved up to wrap his neck. We looked at each other, still silent. It felt like time froze and we were the only ones there. His face got a little closer to mine, and I stood on my toes, trying to get closer to him. I closed my eyes, preparing myself for what's going to happen.

"Hmm.." Someone cleared his throat behind us. I opened my eyes quickly, pulling apart from Yongguk's embrace. Yongguk rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed.

"I just wanted to say you did a good job today. Congratulations, you deserved it." Zico smiled and offered us his hand for a handshake. 

"Thanks." I said and took his hand.

"Thank you." Yongguk did the same.

"Then I'll guess I'll go now, sorry to interrupt you." He said and walked away. I looked away shyly, embarrassed to look at Yongguk. As much as I didn't like talking to Zico, I was happy he came and disturbed us. We almost kissed again, and if that's not enough, there were a lot of people and cameras over there. If we got caught it would have been really bad. What the hell was I thinking? How did I lose control like that? And where is Jinu to stop us from doing this kind of things?

"Hyeri.." Yongguk nudged my arm.

"What?" I asked.

"We are not done yet." He gave me a teasing smile and left, leaving me flustered.

 

~

 

The way back home was quiet. I tried to avoid Yongguk, while he tried to get my attention. When I put my hand on the seat of the car he put his hand on mine, but I moved my hand quickly. I looked outside the window in order not to look at him, but he just kept staring at me through the whole ride. I hoped the ride home will be short.

"Hyung.." Yongguk suddenly said.

"What is it?" Jinu asked.

"Can you drop us at the company? I can walk Hyeri back to her dorm."

"You can drop Yongguk at the company if he wants to, but please drop me at my dorm." I asked. I don't know what I'll do if I stay alone with Yongguk right now, so it's better to avoid him until I figure out what to do. Beside, I can guess what he wants, and it only adds to my confusion.

"Did you fight again?" Jinu asked, staring at us confused.

"No." Me and Yongguk answered together.

"Well, since Hyeri wants me to leave her at her dorm I will drive you there. No stopping at the company."

"Then drop me off at her dorm as well." Yongguk asked.

"As you wish.." 

"What are you doing?" I asked Yongguk, finally looking at him.

"I want to talk to you."

"Then talk to me now."

"Are you sure you want us to talk here?" He asked and looked at Jinu.

"No." I said quietly. "Can't it wait for tomorrow? I'm tired."

"No."

"What is so important?" I questioned.

"You and me."

"It can wait."

"I can't wait." Yongguk declared. Well, I guess I don't really have a choice..

 


 

 

Author's Note:

 

Long chapter again :)

I had inspiration, so you got a fast update.. But now you'll really have to wait until the weekend since I have big exams coming and I need to study.

 

Sorry if it's not really intresting, the next chapters will have more drama.

 

P.S - happy birthday, Youngjae! <3

 

As always - thank you :)

 

M.