Chapter 88

Masks

"Hey Gukkie.." Sey answered her phone when she saw Yongguk's name on the screen.

"Hey.." His husky voice was heard from the other side of the line.

"Why am I honored to get a call from you?" she joked.

"Is Hyeri there by chance? She is not answering her phone.." Yongguk cut straight to the chase.

"She said she needs some fresh air.. If she is not with you she is probably dancing. She usually does that when she is mad or when she has a lot on her mind.." Sey said.

"Thanks." she could feel Yongguk smiling.

"No problem." she smiled as well and hanged up.

 

~

 

Yongguk was walking in one of the company's hallways when he heard loud music from one of the practice rooms. He smiled to himself, thinking he found the right room. He stood at the door, trying not to get noticed. Hyeri was there, absorbed in dancing. He decided to wait until she finish and watch her from outside the room.

After a couple of songs she turned around and finally noticed him. She started to blush and hurriedly fixed her hair and clothes. Yongguk smiled at her cute behaviour. It's those little things like wanting to look good for him that makes his heart flutter.

"How long were you here?" she asked, a little embarrassed.

"Just a couple of minutes." he walked over to her, closing the distance between them.

"Oh."

"You have a good taste in music."

"Thanks." she finally smiled. "It fits my mood right now."

"Are you okay?" he asked hesitantly. "I called you earlier.. You worried me when you didn't answer your phone."

"Sorry.. I didn't hear my phone because of the loud music.." she blushed.

"It's okay." Yongguk smiled, reassuring her.

"Oppa.." Hyeri suddenly said.

"What?"

"I don't snore, right?" she asked with puppy eyes. He started to laugh. If a strange would see them right now he would think this answer is the most important thing in the world and that Hyeri's life depends on it.

"Why are you laughing?" she pouted.

"From all the things, this is what bothers you the most?!" he couldn't stop laughing. "I thought something serious happened.."

"Don't laugh! This is serious and it bothers me."

"You don't snore." he stated and he could tell she was relieved. "Stop thinking about this kind of things.."

"Did you see our v-app?" she asked hesitantly.

"Yes." her mood dropped.

"It was terrible." she admitted.

"It wasn't that bad.. They were just fooling around."

"They made me look like a fool and we almost got discovered." Hyeri argued.

"But we didn't. They are not that stupid to reveal us like that." Yongguk reasoned. "And you are not a fool."

"Still.."

"Babe.." he caressed her cheek gently.

"What?" she looked up at him.

"Did you have more dreams I need to know about?" he smirked.

"No!" she started to blush furiously. "Don't mention it again, it's embarrassing!" she pouted.

"Alright." Yongguk chuckled. "Did you have dinner yet?"

"No."

"Let's eat together." He offered.

"Let me take a shower first.. I'm all sweaty and disgusting from dancing."

"Can I join?" Yongguk smirked.

"Sure." she answered with a straight face, taking Yongguk by surprise. He didn't really expect her to agree, he just wanted to .

"But it's against company's policy." Hyeri finished her sentence and poked his chest, smirking. Yongguk's mood dropped. He was surprised she agreed, but a part of him wanted it to be truth and he was a bit disappointed when it didn't happen.

"You know.." Yongguk started talking and glued Hyeri to the nearest wall, fixating her arms above her head with one of his hands.

"Some rules are meant to be broken." he said in a low voice. He could see Hyeri was starting to lose it and he was sure he was losing it as well. If only she knew how y she is and how she drives him crazy..

His eyes wandered from her eyes to her lips, mirroring her actions. Both of their breaths became heavy as everything around them became blurred. Only the two of them existed, and the only thing they wanted at that moment was each other. She her lips and that was his sign to act. He crushed their lips together, claiming them as his. She kissed him back eagerly, more than willing to become his. As the kiss heated he released her arms so he can get a better hold of her body. Her arms immediatly went up to his neck.

Yongguk let his hands travel on Hyeri's back, beneath her shirt. When she didn't object his hands went a little higher, reaching her bra.

"Oppa.." she moaned when he bit her lower lip.

"Hmm?" he hummed, not stopping his actions. In fact, her moans just motivated him to move faster. He want more. He want her. All of her.

"You.. Me.. Shower.." she mumbled, unable to form a coherent sentence.

"What about the shower?" he asked, teasing. His hands were now trying to unclasp her bra.

"I need to shower." she stated, abruptly pulling away from him. The spell that caught both of them was broken. Yongguk's hands dropped to the sides of his body.

"I'm sweaty.." she said, probably trying to explain her actions.

"It's y."

"I smell." she tried a different excuse.

"It's fine." he said dryly. Yongguk noticed Hyeri's face fell. He didn't mean to sound rude or harsh, it's just came out that way..

"I should go shower. I'll see you later." she said quickly and hurried to grab her things and leave the room.

"." Yongguk cursed and kicked the wall beside him, frustrated.

 

15 Days before the debut showcase:

The girls helped me carry all the food and the other necessary things to one of the big practice rooms in the company. Jinu let me skip vocal practice in order to cook lunch like promised, so I spent almost the whole morning preparing for it. Honestly, it was tiring. It has been a while since I made this much food.. I like cooking, but I like singing more.

Everyone else were already there, and Daehyun was especially hyper. He kept jumping around and being noisy more than usual for some reason.. Must be the food.

"Hey oppa.." I greeted Yongguk, smiling.

"Hey babe." he smiled brightly and kissed my cheek.

"Ooh!" the other people in the room cooed.

"We want to see a real kiss!" Himchan exclaimed and I glared at him.

"Not happening." I stated.

"Let me take this." Yongguk said and took the big pot I was holding. The trainees took the things the other girls held.

"Why are you carrying heavy things?" Yongguk asked.

"It's not heavy." I argued. I like the fact he cares, but sometimes he is being too much.. I'm not a spoiled princess and I can still carry things. I won't fall apart because of it.

"Next time ask us or the trainees to help. It's not like we don't have guys in the company.." he ordered and placed the pot on one of the tables they prepared beforehand.

"Yes, oppa." I mumbled, realizing it's useless arguing with him. Maybe I should let him treat me like a princess from time to time..

"Listen up."  Jinu entered the room. All of us turned our attention to him.

"Love birds.." he started talking, looking at me and Yongguk. "Stay away from each other. If you sit next to each other you might forget you are being filmed, so please keep your distance. I'll be watching you."

"Yes, oppa." I said.

"Yes, hyung." Yongguk said.

"The rest of you.." Jinu continued talking. "Please help them. And if there are things I'm not supposed to know about, the viewers are not supposed to know about it either." he said and scanned the room.

"Yes, oppa."

"Yes, hyung."

 

~

 

"Ready?" Jinu asked before starting to film.

"Yes." we said together. We stood in a long line - B.A.P, me and the girls, and the male trainees. 

"One, two, three." Yongguk counted.

"Hello, we are B.A.P, yes, sir! Nice to meet you!" B.A.P chanted together and bowed.

"One, two, three." I counted when they finished their greeting.

"Hello, we are Peppermint and we are going to refresh your day!" we said together. We were about to bow when I heard Daehyun laughing loudly.

"Jung Daehyun! Did you just laugh at our greeting?" I exclaimed, glaring at him. He straightened up, his face red from laughter.

"Why are you blaming only me? Everyone laughed. Even the staff is laughing at your greeting!" he retorted. I looked around, and the others were trying hard not to laugh as well. I looked at the other girls and I saw their hurt expressions. Great.. Exactly what we need right now. That idiot Daehyun!

Himchan pinched Daehyun's arm. The younger male looked at the older male confused.

"Apologize to them and behave properly. It's a sensitive topic for them." Himchan whispered in Daehyun's ear. Daehyun looked at Yongguk, who gave him a disapproving look.

"JUNG DAEHYUN!" I raised my voice, annoyed.

"Why are you yelling at me?!"

"I'm older than you!" I claimed.

"A month older! That doesn't count!" he argued.

"You are still rude."

"And you are still unfair because you only blame me. Why don't you blame the manager hyungs as well? They also laughed."

"Daehyun, just apologize." Yongguk said quietly.

"Fine." he sighed. "Girls, I apologize for laughing at your greeting. I'm really sorry. It was rude and unprofessional." he said and bowed.

"Apologize like you really mean it." Himchan said. Daehyun gave him a look and apologized again, this time making it more sincere.

"It's fine. Apology accepted." I smiled. "Let's greet again." I turned back to the girls. "One, two, three.."

"Hello, we are Peppermint and we are going to refresh your day!" we chanted and bowed. This time it went smoothly without anyone laughing.

"One, two, three." Hyuk started counting.

"Hyung, we don't have a greeting." Minho said quietly, making all of us laugh.

"Oh, right." Hyuk said embarrassed and scratched his head.

"I have an idea." Junsu said and the guys talked between themselves for a moment. We looked at them confused, but waited for them to finish.

"Okay, wer'e ready. One, two, three." Hyuk counted.

"We are the trainees and hopefully we'll debut one day!" they greeted and bowed. This time all of us laughed.

"Hyeri, stop laughing at their greeting. It's rude." Daehyun teased and the others laughed. It was probably his way to make sure everything is okay between us, and I gladly cooperated.

"Idiot." I mumbled, smiling.

"This is actually the first time we are doing something like this together.." Zelo said.

"Right." all of us agreed.

"Yesterday Hyeri promised to make lunch for everyone." Sey stated.

"You made me promise it!" I whined.

"Are you sure you are the oldest member? Zelo is behaving more maturely than you." Himchan teased.

"Shut up!" I glared at him.

"Here we go again.." Yujin sighed.

"You two should be seperated from one another since you keep fighting and arguing like a two years old kids." Sey said and pointed at me and Himchan.

"No, wer'e not!" we claimed together and the rest snorted.

"I don't spend that much time with you and I know that." Hyuk said, teasing us as well.

"You make it look like all we do is fight." I pouted.

"Right. Actually all of us are in a really good relationship, we are just teasing each other a lot." Himchan added.

"True." the others agreed.

"So back to the reason we are here.." Youngjae said.

"We are doing a muk-bang!" Daehyun cheered.

"Look at all the tasty food Hyeri made." Zelo said, smiling.

"She worked on it the entire morning." Eun Hee stated.

Jinu filmed the tables with all the food. We settled down and the guys made me explain about the food. After a long speech and some random comments from the members we finally started eating. I sat between Daehyun and Himchan and Yongguk sat next to Sumi and one of the trainees. I looked at his direction from time to time but I tried not to make it obvious. Most of my attention was focused on Daehyun, who was eating happily. He is the food monster indeed.

"Hyeri, why aren't you eating?" Sey asked after looking at my almost empty plate. Yongguk turned his attention to me, and the others as well.

"I ate salad." I said quietly.

"You made so much tasty food and you only ate salad?" Daehyun questioned, his mouth full.

"Eat properly!" Himchan scolded the younger male.

"I'm on a diet. Besides, I ate while making the food because I had to taste it.." I said.

"Eat." Daehyun ordered and put meat on my plate. Yongguk stared intently at me, and I shrank in my place. If I refuse it will cause a scene, mainly by my overprotective boyfriend, so I better eat up.

"Thanks." I told Daehyun and started to eat. I could feel Yongguk was still watching me, but at some point he went back to focusing on his food.

"This is really good!" Jongup said while eating.

"It is!" Yujin agreed.

"Thanks.." I said, blushing. Maybe the long hours of cooking was worth it since all of them seem happy.

I looked at Yongguk and Sumi was putting food on his plate while taking this opportunity to touch his arm\shoulder\leg. He seemed oblivious to it, which annoyed me. I frowned. It's not like I can go there and make her realize she is crossing the line.. That's probably her intention.

"Relax.. She is not worth it." Himchan whispered in my ear when he noticed I'm looking at Sumi and Yongguk.

"I know, but she is so annoying." I whispered back.

"She is doing this because she knows it's her only chance to get close to him. He is just pretending he didn't notice because he doesn't want to make a scene."

"Thanks, oppa." I smiled.

"Your'e welcome, kiddoh." he ruffled my hair.

 

~

 

"I'm full!" Daehyun declared and sprawled on the floor, stretching his limbs everywhere.

"Are you sure you are Daehyun? How can you be full?" Eun Hee asked, teasing him.

"No, I'm cosplaying." he answered sarcastically.

"Then who are you?!" she faked astonishment.

"Let him be. At least he'll shut up that way." Youngjae mumbled and sat next to them. Daehyun glared at him but laid down again, closing his eyes.

"Since we finished eating, how about we do something?" Sey offered.

"What?" I asked.

"Ask us questions!" Himchan said happily.

"The manager hyungs are frowning." Zelo commented.

"They are just worried." Yongguk said and sat beside me. Jinu glared at us, but we ignored it. Luckily he wasn't filmed so we were the only ones that saw him.

"First question - Himchan oppa, who do you think is the prettiest?" Sumi read one of the comments.

"Obviously me!" Himchan stated, drawing laugther from everyone.

"From the girls, you fool." Youngjae said. "Not everything is about you, hyung."

"Why are you trying to get me in trouble?!" Himchan exclaimed. "All of them are pretty."

"You must have a favorite." Daehyun .

"How about you answer it then?" Himchan retorted, glaring at Daehyun.

"All of them are pretty. We can't choose." Daehyun said innocently and smiled.

"If you have to choose your best friend from the other groups, who will it be?" Yujin read another comment.

"Yongguk oppa because we grew closer when we promoted together." I answered first. It's better to get rid of at least one of the elephants in the room..

"And from the trainees it's Hyuk because we worked together as well when we trained." I added, trying not to sound suspicious. I tried not to look at Yongguk because I was scared I would start blushing if I do.

"Hyeri for me as well, for the same reason." Hyuk said, smiling. "And I want to be closer to B.A.P hyungs, but they are always busy."

"Next question - B.A.P, when are you having a comeback?" Sumi asked, changing the topic. At least she was helpful this time.

"Hmm.. The girls need to debut first." Youngjae said. "Maybe afterwards?"

"Yongguk hyung is working hard on making new songs." Jongup stated.

"True." the other members agreed.

"Jongup, what are you thinking about right now?" Sey read another comment.

"I want to sleep." Jongup answered, making all of us laugh.

"Sleep is important." I agreed.

"I think we should finish, our managers are starting to look unhappy." Yujin said after looking at Jinu and B.A.P's manager.

"And we have practice." Eun Hee added.

"Guys, please support 'Peppermint' in their upcoming debut." Daehyun said.

"Bye, guys. Thanks for watching!" we waved to the camera and Jinu finally turned it off.

 


 

Author's Note:

 

Hyeri should be careful with her teasings because Yongguk's frustration level is going up :P (and I have a feeling it will only get worse ;))

 

I skipped some parts in the muk-bang (eating broadcast) because I didn't think it was intresting and the chapter was already long enough..

 

As for the next chapters - I think I'm going to skip a few days forward and get straight to the mv filming and then to their debut showcase, so maybe they will finally debut in two or three chapters. And I didn't forget about that detective, she will be back.

 

Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing   and upvoting this story! It means a lot to me! <3

 

M.