Chapter 48

Masks

Day 41:

"Oppa.." I called Jinu when I found him by himself.

"What is it?" he looked curiously at me.

"What do you think about dating?"

"Do you mean about you dating?" He smiled, and I blushed a little.

"Maybe." I smiled as well.

"Do you want my advice as your manager or as your friend?"

"Both."

"As your friend - go for it, as your manager - you are not supposed to date."

"But?" I asked. It felt like there is something else he didn't say.

"But don't get caught if you do. I can't save you if you'll get in trouble because of it."

"Okay.. Thanks." I smiled.

"Does that mean your'e finally dating?" Jinu teased.

"No. I was just asking.."

"Either way, don't let anyone catch you. It will be disaster with the media and his fans, and the CEO will not like it."

"We are not dating!"

 

~

 

"Yah! Bang Yongguk!" I stormed into the practice room in order to find him.

"What?" he asked innocently.

"Why do I have this?" I held up the birthday present he gave me. "I thought I returned it to you."

"Well, it's yours, of course you should have it back." he shrugged. "And I know you didn't really mean it back then.." he smiled.

"Of course I did!" I crossed my arms over my chest. "Take it back."

"Didn't your parents teach you it's rude to return gifts?"

"Do you want me to throw it away then?" I questioned. "I will if you won't take it back."

"Fine, annoying girl." Yongguk sighed and took it away from me. "Happy?"

"Yes." I smiled.

 

~

 

"Guys, I'm scared." Zelo mumbled when Hyeri stormed into the room. She looked furious and she had a frightening aura surrounding her.

"Don't wory, she only wants to kill Yongguk.. We are safe." Himchan said, trying to calm him down.

"What did he do this time?" Jongup asked.

"Who knows.. It can be anything with her." Daehyun mumbled.

"That's why I don't date." Youngjae stated.

"Stop lying. Your'e not dating right now only because nobody wants you.." Daehyun , and Youngjae gave him a death glare.

"Not all the girls are like Hyeri.." Himchan said.

"Said the one that his girlfriend is ordering him around all the time." Youngjae .

"Speaking of girlfriends.. I thought we agreed on not bringing girls to the dorm.. Including girlfriends." Daehyun said to Himchan, and the others were now glaring at him as well.

"Hyung, I think the whole building heard you yesterday.." Zelo said while blushing. "Your'e lucky Yongguk hyung wasn't there."

"Oppa, faster!" Youngjae called in a high-pitched voice, imitating what he heard in the previous night, causing everyone to burst out laughing. Well, everyone besides the furious Himchan.

"Yah! Do you want to die?" Himchan threatened, causing the boys to laugh even harder.

"Is your heart okay? Did she check it thoroughly?" Youngjae continued teasing him while putting his hand on Himchan's heart.

"Perfect." Himchan answered annoyed and pushed Youngjae's hand away, glaring at him.

"But seriously, dude, I thought you would be more creative than a nurse and a patient.. It's so old school." Daehyun chan as well. Himchan's face became red as a tomato.

"Do you want me to spill your secrets, Jung Daehyun?" Himchan asked.

"Oh, please don't! I think we already have too much information because of you.." Youngjae exclaimed. "Unless it's something that will help me make fun of Daehyun."

"Well, he likes to do the.." Himchan started talking, happy to share the information he knows, and Daehyun launched forward, covering Himchan's mouth so he won't talk.

"Alright, let's changed the subject." Daehyun announced, trying to avoid embarrassment. Himchan kept talking with his mouth covered, but it came out as unclear noises.

"Poor Yonggukie hyung.. He is like a puppy around Hyeri." Youngjae commented when Hyeri was shouting at Yongguk again.

"Why is he letting her do that?" Jongup asked innocently.

"Because he likes her." Daehyun said. He removed his hand covering Himchan's mouth since he was sure the older male has calmed down and won't speak nonsense anymore.

"Then your girlfriend is like that as well?" Youngjae asked Daehyun.

"Are you crazy? My girlfriend is an angel, not a psycho like Hyeri." the older one answered.

"Be careful, if Hyeri heard you said that you'll be dead." Himchan commented.

"Wanna make a bet about who will win?" Jongup asked.

"Isn't it obvious? Of course it's Hyeri." Youngjae snorted.

"I actually think Yongguk hyung will win." Zelo said quietly.

"Innocent makane.. It's obvious you never dated. The girl always win, even if she is wrong." Daehyun laughed.

"True." Himchan smiled.

"Let's make a bet. The losers buy dinner for everyone, right?" Daehyun asked.

"Do you have anything else in your brain besides food?" Youngjae asked Daehyun.

"Of course I do!"

"What?" Youngjae questioned.

"Our fans!" Daehyun exclaimed, and the boys rolled their eyes because of the cheesy answer.

"So shameless.." Youngjae sighed. "You are making all of us look bad because you are always doting on them."

"True. Look at Jonguppie hyung, I think our fans lost hope of him updating.. Even Yongguk hyung is doing better than him." Zelo said, patting Jongup's back.

"I forgot my password!" Jongup argued.

"For all your SNS accounts?" Himchan questioned. Jongup didn't answer and just smiled innocently.

"Let's bet." Youngjae said. The boys nodded in agreement and everyone said their guess.

"So we have Youngjae, me and Daehyun thinking that Hyeri will win, and the makane line think that Yongguk will win." Himchan said after counting the votes. "Let's see what happens."

 

 ~

 

"So how is your new friend doing?" I asked.

"She is not new." Yongguk smiled. "And she is doing great."

"Good for you." I faked a smile. "Did you spend more time together yesterday? It didn't look like being stuck to each other all day long was enough.."

"For someone who claims she doesn't care about me you sure complain a lot about what I'm doing in my free time." Yongguk snorted.

"I never said I didn't care." I shrugged.

"How about you just admit that your'e jealous? It wouldn't kill you."

"I'm not jealous." I stated.

"You really don't care?" he asked while approaching me.

"Do whatever you want, it's not like wer'e dating." I took a few steps back.

"Yes, because someone refuses to date me everytime I ask her out." he stopped in his place and stared intently at me.

"Well, I had my reasons, and you know exactly why." I said quietly.

"I don't know anymore." Yongguk sighed.

We stood there quietly for a few moments, deep in thoughts. He suddenly grabbed my wrist, closing the distance between us. I stared at him confused. He took a deep breath, closed his eyes and leaned foreward to kiss me. I struggled at first and tried to hit his chest, but he grabbed my hands so I'll stop hitting him and I gave up. I eagerly kissed him back and our kiss heated quite fast. I completely forgot that we weren't alone.

 

~

 

"Guys.. What do we do now?" Jongup asked when he saw Hyeri and Yongguk kissing. Himchan hurried to cover Jongup and Zelo's eyes before the scene in front of them becomes rated.

"Yah, get a room you two.. We have kids over here and no one wants to see you make out." Himchan scolded.

Soon after, one of Hyeri's shoes landed next to them while the two continued kissing.

"Hyeri, you are a lousy shooter, and your shoe smell!" Daehyun exclaimed. He got the middle finger from her in response.

"Hyung, she is giving us the middle finger.. Please control her!" Youngjae decided to change tactic and complained to Yongguk. In response, he got a middle finger from him as well.

The boys laughed, happy to see them finally getting along, even if it meant they had to watch the scene in front of them.

 

~

 

We finally seperated to get some air. Both of us were smiling brightly, and my face was flushed.

"Please tell me you are going to date me.." Yongguk whispered. I shyly nodded.

"Was that a yes?" Yongguk questioned, wasn't sure he is actually witnessing it.

"Yes." I said quietly.

"Ouch!" I whined when Yongguk pinched my right arm. "What are you doing?"

"Making sure I'm not dreaming." he smiled innocently.

"You are supposed to pinch yourself, not me!" I exclaimed and rubbed my arm.

"So, are you really dating me?" he asked again, ignoring what I just said.

"Yes!" I said, this time loud and clear.

"You can't back down, you have witnesses." Yongguk declared and pointed over to B.A.P. I smiled at how silly he was behaving.

"I won't."

"Guys, you heard her, right?" Yongguk asked the boys, that were watching us curiously, big smiles spread on their faces.

"Yes. It's about time you date already." Daehyun commented. Me and Yongguk smiled as well.

"But I have a condition." I said.

"What is it?" Yongguk asked.

"No one knows that wer'e dating besides the people in this room."

"Deal." Yongguk smiled his gummy smile.

"Wait, does that include the girls as well?" Jongup asked.

"Yes. It's a little complicated right now, so until I'll figure out what to do please keep it between us.." I asked.

"Sure." The boys nodded happily.

Yongguk hugged me and kissed the top of my head. I hugged him back, enjoying his warmth and embrace.

 

~

 

"Come over here." Yongguk pulled my chair closer so now I was sitting next to him in the recording studio.

"What?" I asked.

"I want you close to me." he said grinning and wrapped his hands around me. I couldn't help but smile as well.

"I'm sorry."

"About what?" he looked at me curiously.

"About acting like a kid and about making your life harder lately and about hitting you.. And about everything, actually. I didn't mean it, I just couldn't apologize even if I knew I did wrong." I didn't look at him because I was too embarrassed.

"Hey.." he turned my face back to him. "I forgave you already, and I deserved part of it." he smiled. "I'm sorry as well. I shouldn't have hidden things from you."

"I forgave you already." I smiled. "Does it still hurt?"

"Yes, sometimes. But it's getting better and I'm taking painkillers.. Besides, tomorrow is our last day of promotions, so I can rest more afterwards."

"Like you'll actually rest." I snorted.

"Hey, it's still better than my scheduled now.."

"Too bad mine isn't.." I sighed.

"You'll do great." he put my hand in his.

"I feel like I don't have more energy left with all the schedules and practice.. How am I going to survive a few more months like this?"

"You are strong, much more than you think. And you always have me, okay?" I nodded.

"That's my girl." Yongguk smiled and ruffled my hair.

"I'm going to get something to drink, do you want anything?" I asked while getting up.

"No. Come back quickly."

"Don't worry, I won't run away."

"If you run away your'e dead."

 

I came back to the studio with some food and drinks. Yongguk was absorbed in work so he didn't notice me. I took this oppurtunity to watch him work. I really like seeing him so serious and concentrated in things, especially if it's something he loves, like making music.

I walked quietly to his direction, putting the food and drinks on the couch. I stood behind him and put my hands on his shoulders, slowly massaging them. He tensed at first but relaxed afterwards.

"I missed that." he said, and I could tell he was smiling.

"You are really stressed.." I stated while trying to untie the knots on his back.

"Thanks to someone.." he teased.

"It wasn't my fault!"

"Fine, it wasn't." he smiled. "But you really don't have to do this.."

"I know, I want to." I smiled.

"Babe.." he turned around to face me, wrapping his arms aroud my waist. "I'm sorry I can't give you normal dates like you deserve.."

"I don't care about that." I ruffled his hair. "I'm fine with anything as long as it's with you."

"You deserve to be treated like a princess."

"You already treat me like one." I smiled. "You had done more than enough for me until now, I don't need anything else."

"I will make it up to you." Yongguk stated.

"I don't.." I started to protest, but he shut me up with a kiss before I could finish. I willingly kissed him back, smiling. It feels so good and it feels so.. Right. Like everything is just in place.

 

~

 

"You know, I really wanted to do this for a while." I said while lacing our fingers together when he walked me back to my dorm.

"I know, I kept thinking about it as well.." Yongguk admitted. "I'm lucky to be able to do this right now.." he said and tightened his grip on my hand.

We were just enjoying the cool breeze outside and the silence while walking. I love the fact that we don't have to talk much to enjoy each other's company.

"Oh, I almost forgot." Yongguk suddenly said. "Give me your phone."

"Okay.." I said confused and took it out of my bag. "Why do you need it?"

"You'll see." he smiled and took the phone from my hand. He took the birthday gift that started our fight today and put it back on my phone.

"Here." he handed me my phone back. "Don't take it off again."

"I won't." I smiled and I held my phone tightly.

"Was it supposed to be a couple phone case from the beginning?" I asked what I really wanted to know for a while now. Yongguk started blushing.

"It was. I told you already I made it with my heart, and I thought you will get the message if you look at it.." he admitted shyly.

"I'm sorry.." I said quietly.

"Stop apologizing!" he playfuly scolded and poked my forehead with his finger.

 

"I don't want to go back in." I pouted when we stopped in front of my building.

"You need to sleep."

"What if I wake up and everything will be a dream?"

"Yah, that's my line!" Yongguk exclaimed. I made a face, and he smiled. "I won't disappear tomorrow, we still have schedules."

"Are you saying you'll disappear afterwards?" I .

"Maybe." he played along.

"Good night, ahjussi." I pretended to be mad and went inside the building. He grabbed my wrist to stop me from going, turning me around.

"You can't leave without saying goodbye." Yongguk pouted.

"Good night, oppa." I kissed his cheek.

"That's not it." he stated and pecked my lips. I smiled, and he took this chance to get his tongue inside my mouth. We kissed until we ran out of breath.

"Good night, I really need to sleep." I waved him goodbye and went inside. He was smiling, and it was impossible for me to hide the grin that decorated my face.

 


 

 

Author's Note:

 

I promised an update.. Hope you'll like it :)

 

At first I wasn't planning to let them date so soon, but if I dragged it on it would have been ridiculous since things turned out the way they are..

 

Next chapter (and maybe the one afterwards as well) is their last day of promotions, so after that it's mainly the girls and a little B.A.P and Yongguk as well.

I'll stop with the days count as well since it was meant for Hyeri and Yongguk's promotions only..

 

By the way, I won't be able to update this often in the next few weeks so you might have to wait a little for the next chapters.

 

Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing!

 

M.