Chapter 72

Masks

I'm looking forward to your debut. To most people it will look like a harmless tweet, but to me it was anything but harmless and innocent. It means he is back and that he is after me, and probably after Yongguk as well. The biggest problem is that Yongguk is going to see it, and I'm scared he is going to do something about it. I don't want to see him get hurt.. Last time was more than enough.

"That jerk.." I mumbled quietly. He knew what he was doing. He was definitely aiming for Yongguk to see it and he knew I can't delete it since it will come off as rude if people don't know the story behind it. I don't want to bring negative attention to my group since we are already struggling with our name and concept, so I just have to endure it and find another way to deal with the situation.

"What is it?" Yongguk asked, bringing me back to reality.

"Nothing." I smiled and tucked my phone back in my jeans pocket.

"I can tell when your'e lying even when I'm blindfolded, so just tell me."

"The National Intelligence Service is missing out on you.. You could have been a great agent with this ability." I said sarcastically.

"Sorry, it only works with you." he smiled innocently.

"Go back to your dorm, it's late." I tried to change the subject.

"Nice try.." Yongguk smiled. "Tell me what's wrong. You looked like youv'e seen a ghost, so something definitely happened."

"Oppa.."

"What?"

"Promise me you won't get mad and that you won't do anything."

"That means I'm not going to like it.." he sighed. "I can't promise you that."

"Then I'm not talking." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"You are really frustrating sometimes." Yongguk sighed heavily and tucked his hands in his pockets. "What do I have to do for you to trust me and tell me what's going on in your life? I'm not here only for decoration and for being with you when your'e happy. I want to be there for you when you are having a hard time as well."

"You were there for me when I had a hard time, and you still are. You are the first person I go for help and when I'm down or worried."

"That was before we started dating." he commented. "When did you actually do it in the last month?"

"When I was troubled by things related to my group."

"And beside that?" he questioned.

"There was nothing else that bothered me beside that."

"What about Matt then?"

"That's different!" I exclaimed.

"How?" he questioned, glaring at me. "You were suffering and you didn't tell me anything. If he didn't came to the cafeteria that day and insulted you I would probably still be in the dark about this. You had no intention of telling me about it!"

"I just didn't want to bother you with stupid things and I didn't want you to get mad and get in trouble because of it. I didn't tell you because I was worried about you."

"Your problems are not stupid to me." Yongguk said slowly, emphasizing each word. "Whether I get in trouble because of it or not is my decision. Stop deciding for me!"

"Why can't you understand I was doing it for you?" I raised my voice, annoyed. I was starting to lose my patience.

"Hiding things from me is not doing things for me. It's only doing the opposite." he glared at me.

"That's how I do things. When I care about someone I want to protect them, and if I can take care of things on my own there is no reason to tell them things that will hurt them or worry them. Don't act like you never did it yourself."

"No wonder you never dated before.." he mumbled quietly to himself, but I heard him. Each and every word.

"What was that supposed to mean?" I glared at him. That comment was uncalled for.

"Nothing." he said dryly.

"You know exactly why I didn't date until now." I stated. "Don't pretend your'e the perfect boyfriend. If you were, maybe Hana was still here." his face paled and his fists clenched.

"You could have learned some things from her. She wouldn't go that low to hurt people, even if she is mad." he said coldly and walked away.

"OPPA!" I called after him, realizing I did wrong. It's a sensitive subject to him, but I couldn't help it. I was just mad and annoyed because he touched a sensitive subject as well. In addition, I was dead tired, and it got the better of me. I know it's not an excuse, but I couldn't think properly and when I realized I did wrong it was already too late. He was hurt, because of me. Yongguk kept walking, ignoring me.

"Oppa, wait!" I ran after him. "I'm sorry." I finally caught up to him. I hugged his back tightly, hoping it will affect him.

"Leave me alone." he said dryly and took my hands off of him. He continued walking, leaving me by myself. I watched as his figure became smaller, until he disappeared from my sight.

I sat on the pavement, tears streaming down my face. That stupid Zico.. It's all because of him. If it wasn't for his message, me and Yongguk wouldn't have had this argument in the first place, and I wouldn't have said that stupid thing. I don't know how long I sat there, crying, but when I didn't have any more tears to cry I took out my phone and searched for a number I haven't seen for a while. I quickly typed a message - "Let's meet up."

To my surprise, I got a reply fast. I opened the text - "What did I do to deserve a text from the princess?"

"Cut the bull. You want something from me, don't you? Let's meet up. We can figure something out."

"I don't want anything. Maybe your unhappiness, but you are already doing it for me. Mentioning Hana wasn't a smart idea, dear." The blood drained from my face. It means he is here and that he was watching us. He heard our conversation if he knows I talked about Hana.. I got up from my seat and looked around frantically, but I didn't see anything weird. The street was empty.

Another text came - "Looking for me? Don't bother, you can't find me :)"

I quickly typed a reply - "Stop being a coward and show yourself instead of playing 'Hide and Seek'. Don't you have better things to do?"

"No. Watching you suffer is a hobby of mine. It's actually getting better with time.."

"What do you want?" I asked what I really wanted to know.

"For now - Nothing."

"Bastard."

"Mention Hana one more time and I'll make your life a living hell, not only Yongguk's."

"You are not scaring me." I typed, although the truth is I was scared to death. Zico really freaks me out, and Yongguk is not here to help me. He probably doesn't want anything to do with me right now, and I can't blame him.

"Oh really? It doesn't look like it, judging from your face.. Have a good night sleep, you'll need it." I put my phone back in my jeans and went back to my dorm.

 

~

 

My alarm clock rang and I turned it off quickly. Truth is I couldn't sleep at all. I kept thinking about Yongguk and Zico and how to fix this crappy situation. I don't know if Yongguk saw Zico's tweet or not, but if he hasn't I need to stop him from doing it in order not to complicate the situation more. He probably won't look at it if we had a fight, but it won't hurt to be more careful. If I can't reach Yongguk, there is someone else that can.

I took my phone and texted Himchan - "Call me when you see this. We have a problem."

"Good morning." Sey greeted. She just woke up.

"Good morning." I tried to smile.

"You look like ." she stated while stretching her arms.

"Thanks." I said sarcastically.

"What's wrong? You look like you didn't sleep and it looks like you cried as well." she stopped her stretchings to look worriedly at me.

"I'm fine." I shrugged and got out of bed. "Let's get ready, we will be late for practice."

 

~

 

"Oppa!" I jumped on Himchan's back when I saw him at the company. He didn't contact me, so I was anxious to see him.

"Psycho, I think you got it wrong. Your boyfriend is in the studio." he said while trying to get me off of him.

"I was looking for you." I said while still clinging onto him.

"Get off my back. I don't want to get in trouble with Yongguk and your'e heavy. My back hurts." Himchan complained.

"Why are you hitting me?" he exclaimed after I hit his head in response.

"You ignored my text, and you just called me fat."

"I didn't call you fat, I said you were heavy." Himchan corrected me.

"That's the same!" I exclaimed.

"Get off!" he ordered and I finally obeyed. He turned around to face me, adjusting his clothes. "What do you want?"

"We have a problem." I stated.

"I don't care if you and Yongguk fought, it's not my problem. Fix it yourself." he said dryly.

"It's not that, you idiot." I said impatiently. Time is not on our side right now and I'm scared Yongguk will get himself in trouble.

"Then what is it?"

"Look." I showed him my phone and the tweet from Zico. Himchan's face darkened.

"What does he want?"

"I'm not sure.. I need a little more time to figure it out."

"Did Yongguk see it?" He asked.

"I don't know. We had a fight yesterday, so I can't ask him and I can't prevent him from seeing it."

"I hate you." Himchan grumbled, realizing he has to do the dirty work and take care of Yongguk, as well as stopping him from doing something careless if he sees it.

"Lies. You adore me." I made a cute face.

"As if." Himchan snorted. "Only Yongguk is crazy enough to handle you."

"Well, he is not anymore. I messed up." I said bitterly.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you two can figure it out." he ruffled my hair.

"It's really bad this time. I would have dumped me if I were him."

"Don't even think about it. I'm not going to ask you what happened, so find a way to solve things on your own." Himchan stated.

"You are mean." I pouted.

"You owe me big time. For everything." Himchan stared intently at me.

"Thanks, oppa!" I jumped on Himchan, hugging him.

"Get off, leech." he frowned.

"I love you, Channie. Not as a guy, but like an annoying older brother." I quickly pecked his cheek and ran off before he could react.

"That idiot.." Himchan sighed while smiling to himself. "I must be crazy if I find this nuisance cute in a way.." he shook his head and made his way to the recording studio.

 

~

 

"One, two, three, turn. Five, six, seven, down." Gun was shooting orders. I couldn't concentrate on anything. My body was there and I did as I was told, but my mind was elsewhere.

I was thinking about the texts from Zico when I felt someone bumping into me, knocking me down to the ground. I looked up confused and saw Yujin standing there, apologetic look on her face.

"Hyeri, it's Yujin turn to sing. Why were you standing in the middle? You were supposed to move to the side." Gun sighed.

"Can't you tell? The princess wants to be in the middle all the time.  It's not enough she is the center in most of the song, she wants to take over our short time to shine as well.." Sumi commented, and I glared at her.

"I didn't make the choreography and I didn't choose which parts to sing, so blame someone else for your incapability." I told Sumi. She rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry, oppa. I was thinking about something else." I apologozed to Gun.

"Get up, we will do it again." He said. Yujin helped me get up and we did the dance again. Luckily I didn't make any other mistakes until we finished practice.

 

~

 

"What are you doing?" Himchan entered the recording studio and found Yongguk sitting near the computer, working.

"Working." Yongguk said dryly without taking his eyes off from the screen in front of him.

"Is everything okay? You didn't come back home last night.." Himchan sat on the empty chair next to Yongguk.

"I'm fine." Yongguk shrugged.

Himchan wanted to say something, but he stopped himself. He need to do it wisely. He scanned the desk and saw a few crumpled papers all over it. Yongguk probably had a hard time thinking about the lyrics.. He noticed another paper, not crumpled, that was filled with lyrics. He guessed that Yongguk was working on that. He took the paper and started reading it.

"Did you fight with Hyeri?" Himchan asked after he finished reading the lyrics written on it.

"Why do you ask?" Yongguk was still concentrating on the computer screen.

"You wrote a breakup song all of a sudden instead of love songs."

"We need diversity. It's boring if everything is pink and happy."

"Come on.. I know you better than that, and both of you look like today."

"I don't care." Yongguk shrugged.

"What did she do?"

"Maybe she is not who I thought she is.." Yongguk sighed and turned to face Himchan, finally leaving the computer.

"What do you mean?" Himchn asked curiously.

"I found a new side about her yesterday that I don't like. I thought she is a kind girl, but maybe I was wrong."

"Trust your instincts. I don't know what happened between you two, but she is a good girl. You know that as well."

"I'm not so sure anymore.." Yongguk sighed.

"It's Hyeri we are talking about.. She is easy to read. When she loves someone she loves him with whole her heart, and when she hates him she does it whole heartedly as well. When she is mad you better run for shelter because you have a higher chance of surviving a hurricane than surviving her anger spree." Himchan smiled, happy from his little joke.

"I get that she is mad, but she crossed the line yesterday. There are things you shouldn't say, no matter how angry you are."

"Come on, she probably didn't mean half of the things she said when she was mad.. You should know that better than anyone."

"She mentioned Hana." Yongguk said quietly. Himchan's face paled. It is the most sensitive subject for Yongguk, more than anything, and Hyeri probably knows that as well. He is going to kill Hyeri when he sees her for not telling him it was this bad.. How could she be so careless, even if she was mad?

"You see? You don't have anything to say to defend her now." Yongguk said.

"Alright, she messed up. But maybe she had a reason for it.. She probably feels sorry about it."

"Sure." Yongguk scoffed. "Don't try to justify her, because you can't. She wanted to hurt me, and she did it in the best way she knew."

 

~

 

I stared at my phone, waiting for Himchan to contact me. I checked my messages again and decided to text Zico - "Are you free tonight?". I can't stay still without doing anything about it.. It's driving me crazy.

"Are you asking me out on a date? ;)" he answered shortly after.

"Keep dreaming. It's a business meeting, not a pleasure."

"A business for one is a pleasure for the other.."

"Whatever. Are you free?"

"Mmm.. You know, I like to see you beg. What are you willing to do for a meeting with me?" My face got red from anger. Who does he think he is?

"Be at the warehouse at ten." I decided not to play along with him. I didn't know if it will work, but I had to try. I don't like the warehouse, but it's the only isolated place I could think of, and knowing Himchan and Yongguk knows this place makes me feel safer.

"You are in no position to give me orders, princess, but I'd love to spend some time with you alone.. How about we go to a hotel room instead of that shady warehouse? It suit a princess like you more and it will be more comfortable doing what I planned for you there.." I felt pure disgust while reading his text, but I don't have a choice. I need to find out what he wants and make sure he will leave me and Yongguk alone.

"Text me the time and place."

 


 

Author's Note:

 

I'm sorry it took me a while to update, I hope it was worth the wait.. I tried my best.

 

Things are messed up..

Will Hyeri meet Zico? What did Zico plan in that hotel room? What does Zico actually want from Hyeri and Yongguk? Will Himchan succeed in his mission? Will Hyeri and Yongguk manage to figure things out and solve their problems?

Find out in the next chapters! ;)

 

I'm sorry, I always wanted to do that lol

If you have intresting (or not so intresting) guesses, let me know!

 

Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing! <3

 

M.