Chapter 14

Masks

"Why is Hyeri getting all the high notes?" Sumi complained in the middle of our vocal practice.

"Because she can handle it." Hyerim tried to explain.

"And I can't?" Sumi questioned.

"Her voice is more stable than yours."

"I don't like it."

"You don't have a choice." Hyerim said dryly.

"You always call me a crybaby but you complain more than I do.." I teased Sumi. It probably wasn't the smartest thing to do knowing her character, but she is really getting on my nerves lately.

"Because it's not fair!" She whined.

"Just bacause it doesn't suit you it doesn't mean it's wrong." I shot back.

"Girls, stop it!" Hyerim interfered before our argument got worse. "The lines distribution stays like this for now because that's what we decided. It can change in the future, and Sumi, you get more lines than Hyeri right now even though she get the highest notes, so you can't complain."

"Fine.." Sumi shrugged, realizing she lost this battle.

 

~

 

Yongguk sat in the recording studio when Himchan stormed in.

"What's wrong?" Yongguk asked, not lifting his eyes from the screen before him.

"I got something."

"What is it?" He finally looked at the younger male.

"Your'e not going to like it.."

"Just tell me already." Yongguk ordered.

 

~

 

"Have you talked to him?" Sey questioned me when I changed clothes in our bedroom.

"Not yet."

"Good." She smiled.

"But I probably will tomorrow.."

"They have activities outside of the company tomorrow." She said absentmindedly.

"How do you know?" I asked, finishing wearing my tshirt.

"Himchan told me.."

"Of course Himchan told you that.." I turned around to face her, smiling.

"What does that suppose to mean?"

"Nothing, just that you talk to him a lot.." I played dumb.

"No I don't!"

"Yes you are. Do you want to tell me something?" I .

"No!" Sey blushed. "What do I need to tell you?"

"I don't know.. Maybe why your'e blushing right now?"

"I'm not!" Sey exclaimed and covered her face in embarrassment. Her face was red as a tomato right now.

"Here, look for yourself." I said smiling and gave her a small mirror that was standing on my night stand.

"It's really nothing.." She said quietly.

"So it is something.. What is going on?" I inquired and made her sit on her bed with me.

"I just.. Don't know.." She said in a small voice, utterly embarrassed.

"Do you like him?"

"Maybe.." She stared at a random spot on the floor.

"I knew it!"

"But it's really not like this.. He doesn't like me or anything.." Sey hurried to explain.

"How do you know?"

"Because wer'e just friends and he flirts with everyone.."

"Not as much as he flirts with you.."

"Yeah, because I'm an easy target for him."

"No, he flirts with you because he want to." I corrected her.

"No, he doesn't."

"He doesn't flirt with me that much.."

"That's because your'e not here for that long and because Yongguk will kill both of you if something happens between you two." Sey reasoned.

"Don't remind me that idiot.." I sighed.

"Your'e the one that wants to be with that idiot, not me." She teased.

"Shut up!" I threw a pillow at her. She dodged it easily and smiled brightly, throwing the pillow back at me.

"Hyeri and Yongguk is sitting on a tree.." She started singing and I got up, holding my pillow tightly, preparing to hit her with it. Sey caught my intention and started running to the kitchen. I chased after her, still holding the pillow in my hand for future use.

"Shut up or I'll tell Himchan you like him!" I threatened when I realized I can't catch her because she blocked my way to her with the kitchen table and some chairs.

"Tell him, I'll just go talk to Yongguk then." Sey pulled out her own threat, while I blushed furiously.

"Go ahead, it's not like you can ruin our relationship any further.. And I know he doesn't like me." I tried to pretend that I don't care. The truth was that I did care, and it hurt. 

"Your'e such an idiot.." Sey sighed, reading my facial expression. "I warned you to stay away from him.."

"Yeah yeah.. your'e smart and amazing and I'm a stupid idiot. Happy now?"

"Very." She smiled. "Anyway, it's not like that between me and Himchan, really. We are just friends." She changed the subject back, sitting on one of the chairs. I sat on the chair in front of her.

"Did you ask him how he feels?"

"What for? He will probably laugh at me for misunderstanding his intentions and falling for him, and then things will be akward between us.. I should just forget about him."

"You will never know until you ask. What if he feels the same as you and he is afraid of confessing?"

"Then it's his lose." Sey stuck her tounge at me.

"Idiot."

 

~

 

Sumi went down the hallway when she was grabbed and dragged to an isolated corridor. Before she realized what's going on her back hit the wall and two arms blocked her way out. She looked up at the man standing before her and smiled brightly.

"How did I get this honored, Bang Yongguk?" Sumi asked.

"Shut up." He glared at her.

"Well, you can always make me shut up.." She flirted.

"Sorry girl, I have high standarts and you can't reach them."

"And Hyeri can?"

"That's none of your business." Yongguk said dryly.

"Oh really? I actually think it is."

"Is that why you did it?" He questioned.

"Did what?" Sumi asked cutely.

"The last note came from you, didn't it?"

"I have no idea what your'e talking about." She faked innocence.

"I think you do." Yongguk drew his face a little closer to Sumi's, staring into her eyes. "What do you want?"

"H.. Hyeri.. Y.. You.." Sumi stuttered. Having Yongguk this close to her affected her, even though she didn't want to admit it.

"I'm still waiting for your answer.."

"Hyeri is your weakness, isn't she?" Sumi managed to regain her senses.

"She's not, I just don't want to involve people that are not related to this mess."

"Oh it's cute your'e defending her so much.."

"This is your last warning - stay away from her." Yongguk tried to sound threatening.

"Or what?"

"Or I won't be nice to you."

"What should I do? I actually like this side of you better.. your'e kind of hot like this.." Sumi smiled.

"I'm not playing around with you." Yongguk said dryly.

"But you will, darling. Do you know how long I have been waiting for this?" Sumi traced her fingers over his stomach and his well defined abs, above the shirt he wore. Yongguk flinched from her touch.

"Stay away from her." Yongguk said in a very low voice. Sumi didn't think that his voice can possibly get any lower than his usual voice, but it did, and it scared and excited her at the same time.

"Will you come to me if I don't?" Sumi flirted.

"Well, I'll come for you, and it will be much less pleasant." Yongguk corrected her.

"It's cute that you still think that you can win.."

"It's cute that you think that you still have a chance.." he imitated her.

"Let's see who will win.." Sumi smiled. "I can promise you'll come to me crawling soon, and then I'm going to have my fun with you and with her."

"Don't come crying when you'll lose." Yongguk said and walked away, leaving her by herself in the dark hallway.

Sumi sighed deeply. It wasn't exactly what she planned and she didn't think Yongguk would figure it out, but maybe it's for the best.. She still got him, and it's a lot easier right now. She just need to get rid of Hyeri, the source of all her problems.

 

~

 

"No no no no mercy.. Yeah, we are the B.A.P.." the music blasted from the speakers in the small practice room.

It was the time of the day when I just put on whatever music that was played on my ipod and danced to it, tired of doing the same routine over and over again.

I was imitating Daehyun's high notes while dancing when Yongguk came into the room. He stared at me amused and sat down near the mirror on the wall, not saying anything. I ignored him and continued dancing until the song ended. The song changed to "Wiggle Wiggle" (Hello Venus), and I went to my ipod to turn it off.

"Don't change it." Yongguk finally spoke.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Don't change the song, I want to see you dance.." I blushed.

"W.. Why?" I stuttered.

"Do this for me? Please?" He pleaded. He even used aegyo, which succeded in convincing me. Damn this guy, he can ask me to kill someone and I will probably do it because he looked so cute while asking it and I can't resist him.

"Fine.." I said and replayed the song again, going to the center of the room, exactly in front of him, so he will get a good view. I started dancing and I tried really hard this time to make it ier and more appealing. He stared at me intently, his lips from time to time. I guess it helped that I was wearing a pair of shorts and a cut tshirt that revealed some parts of my body according to my movements.

"Do it again.." he kept staring at me when the song ended. He didn't take his eyes off of me through the entire song.

"I.. think I have a better idea." I said and sat down on the floor as well, just in front of him.

"What is it?" he his lips again, and that drove me crazy. I moved closer to him.

"Hyeri.." Yongguk mumbled with his deep voice when my lips almost touched his.

"mm?" I bit my lips nervously, staring at him.

"Hyeri!" A feminine voice called my name. "Why are you still dreaming? We need to be in the company in 10 minutes!" I finally registered the voice, and my sleep evaporated as well. I opened my eyes slowly to see Yujin standing near my bed with her hands on her waist, glaring at me.

"I'm sorry.." I mumbled, getting up in a hurry. How could I oversleep? I remember cleary putting my alarm clock before going to sleep. I yawned and went to wash my face quickly.

While getting dressed I thought of my sweet dream, and my face flushed. Why the hell did I have this kind of dream? Usually my dreams about him doesn't go to that direction.. I wish I could be this brave in real life as well. I sighed, frustrated with my own character and with the realization that this is probably the closest I will get to him, especially with our current situation.

 


 

 

Author's Note:

 

An update because I'm in a good mood and I managed to finish this chapter faster than I thought, and I had fun writing it as well :)

It a bit shorter than usual as well, but I'll try to make the next one longer.

 

That dream tho.. Poor Hyeri, waking up just before the action starts ;)

At least she can still dream about it if it's not happenning in real life..

 

Thanks for reading and commenting, it means a lot to me!

 

M.