Chapter 59

Masks

"Good morning!" Yongguk greeted when he noticed us entering the company. He was talking to the secretary in the hallway.

"Morning.." The girls mumbled.

"Good morning, oppa." I smiled. He smiled back and continued talking to her while we were passing by them, heading to the recording studio.

I took my phone out to check the time when I got a message - "Pink suits you. Have a nice day today :)" I smiled at the text from Yongguk, and typed a reply - "Thanks. I'll come visit you when I finish recording".

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?" Sey asked.

"Nothing." I said and put the phone back in my bag. "Let's practice our lines, I can't remember my part."

 

We finished recording 'Hunted' as well, and now we were suppoed to record 'Oppa is mine! (so stay away from him..)'. I looked at the lyrics again, trying to memorize them.

 

Oppa, oppa, oppa.. Stay away from oppa!

 

I finally got what I wanted,

The perfect guy (The perfect guy).

He is handsome, sweet and well-mannared,

He is everything a girl wants.

 

But there is one little problem,

Those girls just won't leave him alone.

They keep hanging around him,

Even though he is taken.

 

Oppa, oppa, oppa.. Stay away from oppa!

 

I'm perfect, I'm hot, I'm everything your'e not!

I warned you once, I warned you twice,

But you just refuse to listen.

I'm a nice person, don't turn me into a witch.

I can be an angel and I can be a devil, which one do you choose?

(Lalalalala Lalalala Lalalalala)

 

Listen carefully, I'm only going to say it once.

You don't stand a chance, no matter how hard you try.

It's already game over (game over), he chose me.

Oppa is mine!

 

Oppa, oppa, oppa.. Stay away from oppa!

 

I'm going to show you who is the real queen over here.

Head, shoulders, knees and toes,

Perfection is written all over my body.

I worked hard to get him, you are not going to take him away from me.

You are just a grain of dust flying in the wind,

Tomorrow you'll disappear just like you appeared.

 

Can't you see he is taken? Why are you still lingering around?

It's just pathetic (Just pathetic).

Have some self-esteem and don't embarrass yourself anymore.

You don't stand a chance, no matter how hard you try.

It's already game over (game over), he chose me.

Oppa is mine!

 

Oppa, oppa, oppa.. Stay away from oppa!

 

Accidently putting your hand on his shoulder while talking to him (That's a no-no!),

Did you think I wouldn't notice? How low are you going to go?

Like a bee attracted to nectar, you can't seem to stay away.

Living in a fantasy, thinking everybody wants you,

The sad truth is that he just doesn't care about you.

 

Don't you think I see all the looks you are giving us when he is with me?

I really like seeing your face become green from envy.

You can curse and cry as much as you want,

It won't change the reality.

You don't stand a chance, no matter how hard you try.

It's already game over (game over), he chose me.

oppa is mine!

 

Oppa, oppa, oppa.. Stay away from oppa!

 

"The song is just terrible." Sey said after we read the lyrics once again.

"Agreed." I sighed. "But I have to admit that the 'stay away from oppa' part is catchy."

"True. Though it's surprising you don't like it, since you can identify with it.." she made a joke.

"I'll pass. There is nothing that can make me like this song."

"Girls!" Jinu stormed into the studio.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Come over here before you start recording this song. I have something to tell you."

We gathered around him quickly, waiting for him to speak.

"We thought about what you said yesterday about the title songs.." Jinu started talking. "We have a suggestion."

"What is it?" Sey asked.

"We will turn 'Oppa is mine' to the title song in few conditions."

"What conditions?" Sumi asked.

"First, it's the only title song, and we are changing the album name as well since the concept changed. Second, we change the melody a little and the concept of this song is something between pom dance and cheerleading. It's more like a mixture of both. Third, that means dancing with pompons and some acrobatics and complicated choreography. I know you can do it, but it requires more effort on your side."

"It's a joke." I mumbled.

"No. It's either 'Hunted' and 'Sunshine' or 'Oppa is mine'. You have until tomorrow to decide and let me know what you want. In the meantime, record the other songs and we will record 'Oppa is mine' tomorrow, regardless of your decision."

"Why this concept?" Sey asked.

"We need something strong that will make you stand out. This will show a different side of you and you'll be special since most girl groups have easy choreographies and not complicated ones. You can shine with this concept."

"Does the lyrics stay like this?" I asked.

"Yes. We are only changing the melody to make it a little more cheerleading melody. Just some small improvements since the song is already a pop song."

"How are we going to do a cheerleading routine if we are only five people?" Eun Hee asked.

"That's Gun's problem, not mine." Jinu smiled. "Besides, you need to sing as well, so it won't be that complicated, but it will definitely be challenging and it will have a lot of acrobatics in it."

"Did you hit your head on the way here? We don't have time to learn to be cheerleaders, and most of us are not that athletic.." Yujin exclaimed.

"That's why I said you'll have to work hard. I'm leaving the choice to you. If you choose to do it and you'll have a hard time doing it we will postpone your debut a little." Jinu said dryly. "Now go back to recording, we don't have time."

 

~

 

"That's ridiculous!" Sey flopped on the couch.

"I know." I sighed and sat next to her. We finally finished recording the other songs, so only 'Oppa is mine' is left for tomorrow.

"Well, miss perfect over here will probably have fun with the cheerleading concept, it's like they are doing things that will be easy for her." Sumi said.

"I was never a cheerleader. I have no idea how to do it." I glared at her.

"Well, you are athletic and you can do acrobatics." Yujin stated.

"So is Sumi. And the rest of you can be as well, it's mainly practice." I shrugged.

"Do you really think it's an advantage knowing how to do this things?" Sey asked Yujin. "Now they will probably put everything on her, she will have to do most of the work."

"They want to make us Hyeri's backup dancers." Sumi said.

"I don't even want to do this concept because I don't like the song. Don't try to blame me in this since I prefer not doing it." I told Sumi.

"I didn't say it was your idea.." she trailed off.

"Stop arguing. If you hate it so much, we can just tell them we don't want to do this and then the titles will be 'Hunted' and 'Sunshine'." Eun Hee reasoned.

"Let's take our time to decide and meet in the dorm in two hours? We will do a vote and the majotiry wins." Sey offered.

"Deal." everyone agreed to the idea.

 

~

 

"Oppa.." I sat on the couch in the studio Yongguk was working at.

"Hey.." he smiled brightly and moved his chair so now he was sitting in front of me.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too, babe."

"Come here." I patted the empty seat next to me. He stared at me suspiciously for a moment, got up from his chair and sat next to me on the couch. I cuddled him, wrapping my arms around him and leaning my head on his chest. I could hear his heart beating and it calmed me down a little.

"What's wrong?" he asked, caressing my hair. He sensed something was wrong.

"Just hug me." I mumbled. Yongguk obeyed. He got closer, making sure I was fully wrapped in his embrace. I closed my eyes, letting myself relax and inhale his scent. I stayed like this for a while, trying to rearrange my thoughts.

"Babe.." Yongguk broke the silence.

"What?" I mumbled without opening my eyes.

"You are amazing." I looked at him confused. It's so random and out of the blue.

"W.. What..?" I asked confused.

"It just looked like you needed to hear that." he smiled innocently. "And I promised to tell you every day how amazing you are, so it's your daily dosage." a small smile formed on my face. He knows when to say the right thing that will make me feel better.

"Thank you."

"Your'e finally smiling, even if it's small. It's a start." he smiled as well, and I pecked his lips.

Yongguk smiled and kissed me, more passionately. My smile grew bigger, and he took that chance to my lips. I parted my lips for him and we shared a long passionate kiss. I bit his bottom lip and a soft moan escaped his mouth. If I thought his normal voice is y, his moans and grunts is much hotter and ier. And of course, his whisperes and lower-than-usual voice as well. No matter what he does with his voice, it's y. I can hear it all day long without getting tired of it. I added a , making him grunt. I smiled.

"Stop teasing me." he mumbled while trying to connect our lips again.

"Or what?"

"Or I won't control myself." he smiled mischievously and pushed me backwards. Now he was on top me, using his elbows to prop himself so he won't put his weight on my body.

"Oppa, it's not funny." I pouted.

"I'm not joking." he connected our lips again.

 

"Bbang, do you want to.." Himchan entered the studio, only to see something he regret seeing - Hyeri and Yongguk were making out on the couch. They were fully dressed, but it was still something he didn't want to see.

"Yah, get a room you two!" Himchan scolded, disgusted. I opened my eyes immidiately, pushing Yongguk away from me. My face heated, and I used the pillow to hide behind it. So embarrassing.

"We have a room, you idiot. That's why we are here." Yongguk answered and got up. It didn't seem like being caught red-handed affected him.

"Then at least lock the door or something! What if it was someone else and not me?" Himchan retorted.

"Sorry.." Yongguk mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Kiddoh, why are you hiding? I already saw you." Himchan turned to me.

"I'm not hiding." I mumbled from behind the pillow, holding it tighter. Himchan and Yongguk laughed.

"Come greet me properly, don't be a brat." Himchan said. I got up from the couch and hid behind Yongguk's back.

"Hey, oppa." I poked my head out and greeted quickly. After that I went back to hiding behind Yongguk, clutching his shirt.

"Why are you hiding? Did you do something wrong?" Himchan teased. That idiot!

"Leave my girl alone. I'm not bugging your girlfriend, so stop being mean to mine." Yongguk told Himchan.

"Yes, grandpa." Himchan said sarcastically. "And I'm not mean, this is how we communicate." he said and I rolled my eyes. Yongguk gave him a disapproving look.

"Why did you come?" Yongguk asked Himchan, changing the subject.

"I wanted to ask if you want to order food, but I see you are busy.." Himchan said and eyed me, a smirk on his face.

"I should go, you order food or go out to eat or whatever.." I packed my things quickly and hurried to the door.

"Stay here." Yongguk grabbed my arm.

"It's fine, I really need to go."

"We didn't finish talking."

"It's fine."

"Yuck." Himchan commented. "I'm leaving before you'll get even more disgusting and sugary. You know where to find me, Gukkie." he smiled and left the room, leaving me with Yongguk.

 

"I'm sorry.." I said quietly.

"It's my fault for not locking the door after you came." Yongguk said.

"You can go look for Himchan, I'm really fine."

"I want to be with you." he stared intently at me while saying this. I felt like I'm melting under his gaze.

"Actually.. I wanted to talk." I said and sat back on the couch. There is a reason I'm here in the first place, beside missing him.

"I figured.." he chuckled. "What's wrong?" he sat next to me.

"I'm scared."

"From what?"

"Did you have to perform with songs you don't like?" I asked, looking curiously at him.

"Yes. It happens, especially at the beginning, when you barely have a say in anything. Why? Don't you like your songs?"

"I like most of them, but there is one really bad song.. It wasn't supposed to be the title song, but some of the girls liked it and offered to replace one of the songs with this song."

"So did they change it?" Yongguk asked, holding my hand.

"Not yet. Today they offered us to do this song as the title, but it's the only title, instead of two title songs, and the concept changes as well."

"Okay, did you decide something?"

"No. We will have a vote later today to decide what to do. We need to give Jinu an answer tomorrow."

"Just do what you want to do. If you don't like the song and concept, vote against it. You can't control the other girls decision, but if that song gets chosen then do your best whether you like the song or not. It's your debut song and you are going to perform it a lot, so you better get used to it. Besides, maybe with the choreography and time you'll learn to like it."

"It just performing songs you don't like."

"I know, but it's temporary. With time you'll get more control on your music." he caressed my cheek, trying to cheer me up.

"You'll still like me even if the song is terrible, right?" I stared at him.

"Of course." Yongguk smiled brightly. "You need to do more than this to make me hate you." he poked my forehead.

"Than.." I started talking when he cut me off with a kiss. I gave him a confused look when we parted.

"I told you that I'm going to kiss you everytime you apologize or thank me when you don't have to.."

"Idiot.." I mumbled, hitting his arm playfuly.

"Your idiot." Yongguk smiled proudly.

"That's not something to be proud of.."

In response, he kissed me again. "I'm also going to kiss you everytime you say stupid things and don't appreciate yourself properly."

"Your lips is going to be busy then.."

"Fine with me." he smiled. I couldn't help but smile as well, like an idiot. He is so sweet.

 


 

Author's Note:

 

I'm sorry, I know the song is lame. It's the first time I'm trying to write lyrics to a song, so.. Yeah. It will probably also be the last time it happens.

For my defense, it's supposed to be quite bad, so I have an excuse :P

 

So.. What do you want to happen with the song? I haven't decided yet, so I'd like to hear your opinion on it, and I will take it into consideration.

Either way, it won't affect the plot drastically, but it will change it a little according to the song chosen, for obvious reasons.

Tell me what you think (about the songs and in general), I like to hear your opinions :)

 

P.S - Happy late birthday, Yongguk! <3

 

Thanks or reading, commenting and subscribing!

 

M.