Chapter 76

Masks

It was dark. I opened my eyes, trying to adjust my vision to the darkness. I felt a hot breath on the back of my neck. It sent shivers down my spine. I turned around carefully, trying not to wake the other person up. Yongguk was sleeping soundly next to me, his arm wrapped around my waist. I looked at his sleeping figure. He was shirtless and his chest went up and down as he breathed. He looked like a work of art. I slowly traced his face with my finger, trying not to wake him up. His eyes, nose, puffy lips and sharp jaw line. The same lips I want to kiss so badly and the same lips that used to kiss me so passionately just a couple of days ago.

From his face I moved to his chest and his abs. I hesitated at first, but my better judgement wasn't working at the moment. I slowly moved my finger along his abs. He has a really firm body, although he looks skinny and fragile. Yongguk stirred in his sleep and I froze in my place. Did I wake him up? I sighed in relief when it seemed like he was sleeping again. I suddenly felt his other arm wrapping my body, and he pulled me closer to him. Now he was hugging me tightly, my face buried in his chest. Not that I complain about the view or the position, it just took me by surprise.

"Go to sleep already, princess." he mumbled in a sleepy voice. His voice was husky, which made it a hundred times ier than his usual deep voice. He burried his face between my shoulder and my neck, planting a soft kiss on my collarbone.

"Mmm.." I moaned softly. I hate that he affects me so easily. Every plan I make and every wall I build against him just collapses in seconds, no matter what he does. He can just blink and I melt.

"Don't." he said, pulling a little backwards and increasing the distance between us. He was still close tho, since I could feel his warmth and inhale his scent.

"I hate you." I mumbled, burrying my face in his chest. The distance between us was gone again.

"Let's talk in the morning, princess. Just go to sleep." he ruffled my hair in affection.

"Jerk." I mumbled and closed my eyes.

"Good night." Yongguk closed his eyes as well.

I stayed in my position, wrapped in his arms, and tried to fall asleep again. I tried, but my sleep faded away.

"Oppa.." I whispered.

"What is it?" he asked.

"What are we?"

"A couple that's having a fight at the moment." he answered tiredly.

"I'm sorry." I hugged him tightly.

"Good night, princess."

 

~

 

The sun rays entered the window and woke me up from my sleep. I stretched in my bed, not wanting to wake up. Wait a minute.. Sun. What time is it? I usually wake up before the sun to get in time for practice. I checked the time on my cellphone - 8:59. At this hour I'm supposed to practice with Gun on the dance. Why didn't the girls wake me up?

At that moment I recieved a text from Sey. I opened the message - "Yongguk told Jinu you are sick, so you have the day off. Enjoy your rest :)". I smiled.

Yongguk.. I have a vision of both of us sleeping on the couch in the living room for some reason, but why am I in my bed right now? It felt so real being there, so there is no way it was a dream, right?

I looked at my clothes. They were the same clothes I wore yesterday. I smiled when I realized they smell like Yongguk. But.. That can be because he carried me yesterday and not because he was here last night. I got off from my bed and went to the living room. Empty. I'm the only person at the dorm. Stupid.. What was I expecting? If he was here I would probably be on the couch with him and not in my bed. I scanned the room again, searching for clues. The couch was back to it's normal state and nothing seemes weird or unusual.. Did I imagine him being here? There is no way I'm so pathetic and clingy to imagine this kind of things..

I need to know if he was really here or if it was just my imgination, but how do I ask him about it without sounding like a delusional idiot? No, how do I approach him without making a fool out of myself and how do I make him listen to me? He is still mad that I mentioned Hana the other day, and he is probably even madder right now because of Zico. There is no way he will want to see me or talk to me..

I decided to take a long shower and think about those things under the warm water. It always help me gather my thoughts, just like dancing helps me forget about my problems, even for a short while.

 

I walked out of the shower wrapped in my towel. Since I was alone I could change in my room and not in the bathroom like I always do. I adjusted the towel wrapping my hair and went to the closet to look for something to wear. I just took out a pair of shorts and a tank top from the closet when I heard a knock on the door. Weird.. I'm not expecting anyone, and the girls have their keys. Another knock. I sighed and went to open the door, leaving the clothes on the shelf.

I opened the door, surprised to see Yongguk standing there. His eyes looked at my face, then at my body, back to my face and down to my body again, staying there. I blushed furiously, realizing I'm only wearing a towel, a pretty small one that doesn't leave too much room for your imagination. . . . Stupid Hyeri. Why couldn't you dress before opening the door? It would obviously be a stranger, or worse - Yongguk or someone else I know like B.A.P or the male trainees. Where is my brain?

"I'm going to change." I mumbled and ran quickly to my room, locking the door. I sat on the floor, trying to calm myself down. I need to relax. I took a deep breath, but it didn't help much.. I was still nervous. I'm an idiot. A really big one. I know he saw me in a swimsuit in the past and he can guess how my body looks like, but that's different. This is much more intimate and unplanned, so he can see all the small defects my body has. He wasn't supposed to see it. Not at this point, at least..

 

~

 

Yongguk stayed in the living room while Hyeri went to her room to get dressed. He was shocked, since he didn't expect this. He took a deep breath, trying to calm his racing heart and his little friend that started to wake up as well. This whole situation would be quite y if they were at this point in their relationship, but right now he wasn't sure if they actually have a relationship to begin with..

Regardless, he had to admit she looked perfect. He knew she would probably disagree with his statement since she always seem to find faults in her appearance, but she was perfect to him. If only she would let him show her how perfect she is to him.. She has her faults, but that's what makes her special and that what's makes her Hyeri, and that's why he likes her. It wouldn't be the same otherwise.

 

~

 

I took a deep breath before coming out of the room and face Yongguk. He was sitting leisurely on the couch, waiting. He looked like he was deep in thought.

"Hmm.." I cleared my throat. He looked at me and smiled. I noticed his gaze went to my shirt, and he kept looking weirdly at me for some reason.

"What is it?" I asked, confused.

"You wore your shirt backwards." he stated. Damn. I was in a hurry, so I didn't really noticed what I was doing.. Is everything going to go wrong today?

"Sorry.." I blushed. "Can you please turn around and close your eyes? I will change quick."

"Sure." he said and turned around, his back facing me. I changed as fast as I could, making sure I'm wearing my shirt properly this time.

"You can turn around." I said, and he obeyed. He gave me a warm smile.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, trying to avoid an awkward silence.

"I came to bring you back the boxes.." he pointed out at the luchboxes placed on the table. Right, there is no way he would come to see how I'm doing.. "I'm sorry it's late, I just kept forgetting to give it back to you." he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"It's okay." I smiled. "You could have just sent one of the boys, you didn't have to come yourself.."

"Actually.. I wanted to see you as well." My heart skipped a beat.

"What is it?" I asked, trying not to show I'm excited.

"Are you feeling alright?"

"Yes. Thanks for talking to Jinu."

"No problem." he smiled.

"Do you want something to eat or to drink?" I offered.

"Water."

"No problem." I said and went to the kitchen. After a couple of minutes I came back to the living room with his water. I placed the glass in front of him and took a seat on the couch as well, keeping a safe distance between us. 

"Listen.." both of us said simultaneously.

"You go first." we said together again, and both of us chuckled.

"Ladies first." Yongguk showed his gummy smile.

"I.. wanted to apologize."

"What for?" he asked curiously.

"For hiding things from you and for using Hana to hurt you. I was mad that day since you mentioned the fact I didn't date and I let my anger take over me and I hurt you. I'm really sorry, I know it was wrong. I promise I won't do it again if you give me another chance and I'll learn to control my anger better.." I took a deep breath. "And I'm sorry for kissing Zico. I did made that mistake knowing the consequences, but I would probably do it again if it would help you. I'm just sorry I hurt you.. I had good intentions." I looked at anywhere but him since I was too scared to see his reaction and his hurt expression. "I'm also sorry for making your life harder and getting you in trouble because of my carelessness. You deserve bettter." My voice cracked at the last sentence, and I could feel the tears at the corner of my eye.

"Why can't you understand I chose you and that I like you?" Yongguk sighed.

"Because I'm lacking." I stated, still trying to avoid his gaze. I was scared I would break down and start crying if I face him.

"And so am I. No one is perfect." Yongguk reasoned. "That doesn't change the fact I like you. I just wish that you trust me more.."

"I do trust you." I finally looked at him, hoping he will see my sincerity.

"It doesn't look like that." he shrugged. "You are keeping things away from me and you still question my decision to date you, like you don't trust my judgement."

"I didn't tell you things because I wanted to protect you, but I understand it hurts you, so I'll try to do better in the future. As for the other thing, it's not because I don't trust your judgement or because I don't trust you, I just don't feel like I'm good enough for you. I want you to have the best since I care about you."

"You are the best for me." He stared into my eyes while saying it, and my heart was beating like crazy. "How many times do I have to tell you this for you to believe me?"

"I'm sorry." I tore my gaze away. Now my tears were falling uncontrolably.

"Babe.." Yongguk called softly and hugged me tightly. I missed him calling me like that..

"Stop crying.." he tried to calm me down while alowly rocking my body back and forth. He still wrapped me in his embrace, and it felt warm and relaxing. "I like you. It won't change if you lose or gain weight or if you keep telling me I deserve better. I can't control who I like, and I like you."

"I like you too.." I managed to say weakly. "I'm really sorry."

"I'm sorry too." he patted my back gently.

"For what?" I looked curiously at him. "You didn't do anything wrong.."

"For bringing up the fact that you never dated before.. It was quite a low thing to do since I knew you are sensitive about it. I just want you to know that I'm happy I'm your first boyfriend." he pinched my cheeks playfuly. "I'm sorry it took me a while to get to the hotel and I'm sorry I didn't approach you at first to see if you are fine. I'm a terrible boyfriend."

"It's okay." I said while wiping the remaining tears from my face. "You were mad and I deserved it. Sey and Himchan were there with me, and you did beat Zico up afterwards, so we are fine."

"I missed you." he said and hugged me again.

"I missed you too." I leaned onto him. At that moment my stomach growled, reminding me I didn't eat breakfast yet. Yongguk chuckled.

"Do you want to have breakfast with me?" I asked.

"Always." Yongguk smiled brightly.

"How does toast and eggs sound?"

"Amazing."

 

~

 

We made breakfast together while fooling around in the process, thanks to someone.. Yongguk kept bugging me and stealing the things I wanted to use so I'll have to ask it from him, and he gave it back to me only after I kissed him. Such a tease.. But I'm not complaining. I missed him. It felt nice doing this again.. It felt normal.

When the food was finaly ready we sat at the table, enjoying our meal.

"Oppa.." I called while taking a small bite from my toast.

"What?" he looked at me curiously.

"I have a question."

"Then ask." Yongguk put the fork in his mouth, tasting the eggs we made. I took a deep breath before asking.

"Are you mad about me kissing Zico?" Yongguk put his fork down, staring at me.

"You had good intentions, right?"

"Right."

"And that would have probbaly forced you to kiss him even if you weren't doing it on your own.." he reasoned.

"Probably.." I said confused. Where is he going with this? He could have just answered in 'Yes' or 'No'.

"I'm not mad. It does bothers me, but I'm mainly mad at myself for not reaching there faster and saving you and I'm mad at him since he keep looking for you instead of targeting me."

"Don't blame yourself.. It's not your fault."

"I'm still a better kisser, right?" Yongguk asked, smiling.

"Idiot." I mumbled, smiling as well. "Of course you are. I didn't even focus on his kiss since I kept thinking about cheating on you and how much I want to kiss you instead of him."

"Then I'm fine with it, so don't worry about it. As long as you don't do it again.."

"Never." I promised.

"Then wer'e fine. Besides, it similar to when Sumi kissed me without my approval.."

"Don't remind me this.. I want to rip her head off."

"Your'e cute when your'e jealous." he smiled and ruffled my hair.

"Thanks."

"I have a question as well."

"What is it?" I asked, curious.

"You don't have anything going on with Himchan, right?" he stared at me while asking this. I chocked on my food. I would have expected all kinds of questions, but not this one.

"Take it easy.." Yongguk patted my back gently. "I don't want you to die.."

"Are you serious?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"Yes. You two have gotten quite close lately, so I'm just making sure I don't have a competition."

"I don't know if I should be flattered or annoyed." I put my fork down. "Do you really think I would hit on someone close to you? Even if we break up, the people close to you are out of limits for me. Besides, he and Sey belong together. I'm not going to do this to my best friend and I'm not going to interfere in a couple's relationship either."

"So why are you spending so much time together?" Yongguk pouted. Somehow he looked so cute..

"He is an idiot, but he has a brotherly vibe to him. I just wish my own brother was a little more like him, or that I actually had a brother figure to rely on.. It's just nice to have someone to talk to and rely on beside you."

"You can ask me if you want to talk or an advice.." Yongguk offered.

"I know, but sometimes it's more comfortable with Himchan." I smiled innocently, and Yongguk frowned.

"Like what?" he asked.

"Not telling you." I crossed my arms over my chest. I can't really tell him I asked Himchan about him or that I asked for a guy's point of view about some things..

"Tell me."

"No." I insisted.

"Your choice." Yongguk started to tickle me.

"Oppa, stop!" I tried to escape, but he caught me. Our meal was long forgotten, and now he was chasing after me in the living room while I tried to run away from his tickles.

"Then tell me."

"Alright." I gave up. Yongguk stopped tickling me, waiting for me to speak. "Sometimes I ask him about you."

"Why don't you ask me about it?" he questioned.

"Because it's embarrassing. And sometimes it can ruin the surprise if I ask you about it."

"Alright." Yongguk smiled. "Just don't flirt with him. And don't listen to him, he has bad advices most of the time."

"Alright." I laughed.

"Let's rest." Yongguk said and dragged me to the couch. He sat on it and I sat on his lap while he was hugging me tightly.

"Oppa.."

"Hmm?"

"I have another question."

"Ask."

"It's embarrassing." I admitted shyly. I just have to ask since I'm curious. 

"Ask anyway. I promise I won't laugh." he smiled and moved a hair from my eyes.

"Yesterday.."

"What about it?" Yongguk asked curiously. I took a deep breath. 

"Were you here last night?"

"So you do remember.. I was wondering if you are going to say aomething about it or not.." he smiled.

"Why were you sleeping here?"

"You asked me to. I was about to refuse, but Sey forced me to stay. I'm not regretting it, tho." he kissed my forehead.

"When did I ask you this?" I asked confused. I don't remember this part..

"You were sleep talking when I carried you home. You said you were hurt and you wanted me to stay with you."

"Oh."

"You were quite troublesme, though." he stated, trying to keep a straight face.

"Why?"

"You ually harassed me in the middle of the night while you slept." he tried to look hurt.

"No, I didn't. Stop lying." I hit his chest. I know I sleep talk sometimes, but I don't have anymore weird habits while sleeping, and there is no way I would do anything like that..

"I'm not lying! You tried to me and you touched some inappropriate places in my body as well. I feel hurt!" he claimed, and my face became red as a tomato.

"I didn't!" I argued.

"You were sleeping, you don't know what you did when you were asleep." Yongguk reasoned.

"Get out." I got off from his lap and pointed at the door.

"Babe." he pouted. "You can't kick me out when you have nothing to say. You know I'm right."

"Out." I repeated.

"I was just teasing you." he hugged me, nuzzling his face in my shoulder. "You did touch me, but I don't mind." he kissed my neck, and I relaxed. I let him plant kisses along my neck and my shoulder.

"You know, if you want me that much, you can still try when both of us are awake.. I won't stop you." Yongguk said.

"BANG YONGGUK!"

 


 

Author's Note:

 

Long chapter and a fast update :)

I liked this chapter, so tell me what you thought!

 

I just like teasing Hyeri lol

 

Since Hyeri and Yongguk finally made up and I think I closed most of the loose ends for now, I can focus on the girls again, so the next chapter will probably be about them.

 

Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, etc.! It means a lot to me <3

 

M.