Chapter 77

Masks

"Idiot. ert. Jerk. ." I kept hitting Yongguk with my pillow. He covered his head with his hands, trying to dodge my hits.

"Babe.." he whined. "It's normal. It's not like I asked you to kill someone or to run down the streets.."

"Shut up!" I hit him again, harder. "I'm not doing it." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Alright, alright." Yongguk gave up. "I'm sorry I brought it up.." I slowly put my pillow down, but still looked suspiciously at him. "I just like teasing you since you get all worked up and it's cute." he ruffled my hair. "And I thought it wouldn't hurt asking.. If you don't want to I won't force you."

"Promise?"

"Yes." Yongguk smiled his gummy smile. "Now please stop hitting me?" I nodded.

 

~

 

"Oppa.."

"What?"

"Remember the date we were supposed to have for our first month?" I asked while sitting next to him.

"Yes. What about it?"

"Can I ask to do something else instead of what you planned for us?"

"What do you want to do?" he asked curiously.

"Cuddle." I smiled shyly.

"Alright." Yongguk smiled. "How about a movie night? We can cuddle while watching the movies."

"Sounds great." I smiled.

"What kind of movies do you want to watch?"

"Horror!" I said immediately.

"Are you sure?" Yongguk hesitated.

"Yes. It's my favorite genre." I smiled. "Are you scared?" I .

"Of course not! I was just worried for you. A lot of girls don't like this kind of movies since it's scary."

"Well, even if it's scary, you'll protect me, right?" I made a cute face.

"Of course." Yongguk smiled.

"Then it's set." I beamed.

 

~

 

We ate lunch together as well and Yongguk stayed with me until the afternoon since the girls was still practicing and I was alone at the dorm. We were mainly fooling around and talking about all kinds of stuff. It was fun and I realized how much I missed him. Even before our last fight, we rarely spent so much time together since both of us were busy, so today was a rare opportunity for both of us.

"I had fun." I said when I walked him to the door.

"Me too." Yongguk smiled brightly.

"Call me when you get to the company?"

"Alright."

"Bye, oppa." I waved and started closing the door.

"Wait.." Yongguk stopped me.

"What is it?" I asked confused. "Did you forget something?"

"My goodbye kiss." he grinned, and I rolled my eyes.

His face got closer to mine, and my eyes closed. I could feel his hot breath on my lips, and seconds after his lips touched mine. I nibbled his lower lip, and he groaned.

"Tease." he mumbled, making me smile.

"Do you like it?"

"I like you." he said and took control over our kiss, making it hotter.

"Yuck. I leave you alone for a day so you can rest and you invite your boyfriend to our dorm to make out with him?" Sey teased, interrupting our kiss. I seperated from Yongguk, blushing.

"I wasn't making out with him." I claimed.

"Sure, sure.."

"Well, maybe if you weren't asking him to stay overnight it wouldn't have happened.." I .

"You know?" She asked, surprised.

"She woke up in the middle of the night, so yes." Yongguk explained and wrapped his arms around me.

"Well, you should thank me since now youv'e made up."

"Thank you." I smiled sweetly.

"If you are thankful then stop making out in front of me. It's like rubbing salt on my wounds since I'm not dating anyone right now.." she pouted.

"You know he still likes you, right?" Yongguk asked. "He is just an idiot and he cares about his pride."

"Then he can stay with his pride. I'm not going to beg." she crossed her arms over her chest, annoyed.

"You were the one that hurt him!" I said, frustrated. She is in no position to complain since it was her fault to begin with.

"Why are you taking his side when you are my friend?!" she questioned.

"I'm taking the right side since both of you are my friends. And a real friend tells you when you were wrong." I explained.

"Whatever.." she shrugged.

"Babe, I should go.. I need to finish a couple of songs for the album." Yongguk said, caressing my cheek.

"Alright. Good luck and don't work too much. Take a break to rest if you are tired and don't forget to eat."

"Alright." he smiled. "Will you drop by later to energize me?"

"Depends how much you'll pay." I stuck my tongue out, and he laughed.

"Bye, babe. I'll talk to you later." he pecked my nose and left.

 

~

 

"What are you doing here so early? You are supposed to be practicing.." I asked Sey when she entered our bedroom. It was still early, and knowing our schedules, there is no way she'll be here at this hour unless something happened.

"I felt dizzy, so I came here to rest." She answered and started looking for clothes in the closet, preparing to go shower.

"Oh.. Are you feeling better?" I asked, worried.

"Sure. Don't worry about it." she smiled and entered the bathroom.

 

~

 

At night I went to see Yongguk at the company. I brought him some hot chocolate and a sandwich, since I figured he'll forget to eat. The two of us are similar in that aspect, since both of us don't eat properly and tend to forget our meals if we have other things to do..

I entered quietly to the studio, wanting to surprise him. I expected to see him working on the computer with his headphones on, but to my surprise he was sleeping. His head was resting on the table, among all the scattered papers. His headphones were resting around his neck, and his eyes were closed. It looked like he was sleeping peacefully. Poor thing, he must have been tired..

I watched him quietly, enjoying the rare view. It's funny how I got to see him sleeping twice today, while usually I'm the one that's falling asleep while he is working. In both times, the first thing that went through my mind was how good looking he is and how relaxed he looks. I just wish he'll always be this relaxed and peaceful..

I walked slowly to his table, trying not to wake him up. I put the drinks and the food on the table and tried to look at the papers so I can see what he is working on. I got curious about B.A.P's new album, but he refuses to tell me what kind of songs he is making for them and what to expect. He always say that I should wait patiently so I'll be surprised when the album comes out and that this way I'll be able to enjoy the songs more. My eyes wandered along the table, scanning the different pages with lyrics and musical notes. My gaze stopped at one particular song that caught my attention. The song was called "Super Girl". I wonder what it's about..

I wanted to take the page to look at it, but a hand stopped me, grabbing my arm.

"No peeking." Yongguk said.

"I thought you were sleeping." I pulled my hand back.

"I was, but your smell woke me up." he lifted his eyes to look at me, smiling.

"I don't smell that bad.." I frowned and started sniffing myself. I did put perfume and I made sure I smell nice before coming here, so what is he talking about?

"You smell great. I love how you always smell. It's usually smells like flowers and fruits." Yongguk stated and pulled me closer to him, forcing me to sit in his lap. He started sniffing my neck to emphasize his point. It was tickling, so I started to giggle.

"Why are you laughing?" he asked, stoping his sniffing to look at me. He looked so serious and confused, that it made me laugh even harder.

"It's tickling."

 

~

 

"You can hear the songs on our album when it comes out. Until then - Don't peek." he said while tightening his grip around me.

"It's not fair." I pouted.

"No peeking." he poked my forehead.

"Then at least tell me what this song is about." I said and pointed at the page titled "Super Girl".

"It's about a girl." Yongguk said dryly.

"No kidding.. I would never guess that." I said sarcastically.

"Surprising, right?" he smiled.

"What kind of girl? Do I know her?" I tried to dig information out of him.

"A special girl. And yes, you do."

"Are you cheating on me?" I pouted. "Why are you writing songs about other girls?"

"Do you want me to write songs about you?" he asked, ignoring my questions.

"I don't want anything." I stated and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Aigoo.. Why are you so moody today?" he planted a kiss on my forehead.

"You are mean." I pouted.

"Stop being mad, okay? You can listen to the song when it comes out, and I promise I'll explain everything to you then."

"What if the song won't be in the album? You always make a lot of songs, and most of them are being rejected."

"This one will go in, I promise."

"You promised." I stared intently at him.

"You have a great sense, by the way. It's my favorite song until now."

"Now I'm even more curious."

"I'm still not telling you." he stuck his tongue out.

"Meanie."

"Don't frown with that pretty face. If your'e not mad, don't kill me. Don't just say you'll understand and that it's fine. Don't be mad, I want you to smile." Yongguk imitated Zelo's rap in the beginning of "Stop it". I melted immediately and my anger slowly faded away. He is so sweet.

"I'm not mad." I reassured him, a big smile decorating my face.

"Show me."

"Wait a minute.." I got up from his lap, trying to get the drinks and sandwiches I brought.

"Where are you going?" he pouted.

"I brought food!" I said and showed him the sandwiches. His smile widened. I took a chair and sat next to him.

"You are the best!" he said as I handed him one of the sandwiches. He unwrapped it and started to eat.

"Eat slowly!" I scolded when I noticed he was eating really fast. I was scared he would choke if he won't slow down.. "Even Daehyun doesn't eat that fast.."

"Never underestimate Daehyun when it comes to food. You'll be surprised how fast he eats.. He can eat a whole pizza in minutes."

"Alright, I get it." I said, and Yongguk continued to eat happily.

"You eat like a kid.. You are all messy." I sighed and started wiping the crumbs from his lips with my thumb. Yongguk puckered his lips out, like he is waiting for a kiss.

"Just eat." I shoved another piece of bread in his mouth. I'm not going to cooperate. Yongguk, on the other hand, had other plans, since he bit my finger.

"Bang!" I hit his chest.

"What?" he smiled innocently.

"I'm going. Have a good night."

 

~

 

When I got home, I got a text from Yongguk - "Our date tomorrow is still on, right?"

"Of course it is."

"Great. Be at the company at 19:00. Sleep well."

"Good night, oppa :)"

I smiled and went to sleep.

 

The next day was nice. We didn't have practice since it was the weekend, so I got to rest more and recharge. At noon I finished making my present for Yongguk and I just waited for the time to pass until I can see him again. When it was around 18:45 I headed towards the company.

"Where are you?" I texted Yongguk. I searched for him at the studio, but he wasn't there.

"The playroom." - The reply arrived seconds after. I entered the playoroom and it was dark. There was a body laid on the couch, which I figured is Yongguk, so I jumped on top of it.

"What the.." Himchan grumbled, surprised from the sudden attack.

"Himchan?" I asked surprised. What is he doing here? Yongguk clearly told me he is in the playroom.

"Get off, psycho." Himchan groaned and pushed me off of him. He unintentionally used too much force, so I fell on the floor.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, rubbing my leg.

"Trying to sleep."

"It's too early to sleep.. What the hell?" I pondered.

"What time is it?" Himchan asked confused, rubbing the back of his head.

"It's time for you to grow up already."

"Because you are an adult?" he mocked. "You are impossible to handle." he sighed.

"Yongguk is the only person that is crazy enough to date you." I imitated Himchan, just when he said it himself. He always says this sentence since he has nothing else to say in order to tease me, so I expected it to pop up again.. Just when it actually appeared.

"Did you just made fun of me, kiddoh?" Himchan glared at me

"Yes. Are you that stupid that you can't get that?" I mocked.

"What's going on?" Yongguk entered the room, just in time to stop us before our fight escalated, and turned the light on. Now I could see Himchan was sitting on the couch. "I heard you arguing from the hallway.. What happened?"

"Your girlfriend almost gave me a heart attack." Himchan complained, putting his hand on his heart in a really exaggerated acting.

"Where were you?" I asked Yongguk, ignoring the grumpy Himchan.

"I went to make popcorn." Yongguk answered and showed me the bowl in his hand.

"What are you guys planning to do?" Himchan asked curiously.

"A date. Go away." I answered.

"Hyeri, be nice." Yongguk scolded me. "We want to watch a movie." he turned to Himchan, smiling.

"Do I smell food?" Daehyun popped out of nowhere, followed by Youngjae. This guy seriously.. Does he have a food detector instead of a nose? 

"Not you too.." I sighed.

"We are watching a movie." Himchan said.

"We?" I questioned, glaring at Himchan. There is no we, it was supposed to be my date with Yongguk.

"You almost killed me, so you owe me one. I'm bored and your'e going to watch a movie, so let me join you." Himchan smiled innocently.

"I'm in too! I want popcorn!" Daehyun declared.

"Well, since I have nothing to do, I'm in as well." Youngjae added.

"Oppa!" I whined, looking at Yongguk. I tried to look as miserable as I could so he'll take my side. It's not that I don't like the guys, it's just that it was supposed to be our date.

"Babe, let them be." Yongguk said calmly and looked happily at the others. Daehyun was eating happily while trying to say something to Youngjae with his mouth full while Himchan scolded Daehyun, telling him to eat slower and to leave them some popcorn as well. Yongguk looked like a proud father watching his kids. It did soften me a bit since I know how much he cares about them, but I still want our date.. I was looking forward to it and I hate it when my plans gets cancelled unexpectedly.

"But our date.." I pouted.

"I'll make it up to you. Our date is not going anywhere, we can have it in another day.." Yongguk whispered in my ear.

"What are we watching?" Himchan asked.

"A horror movie." I answered.

"Wait a minute, the kids are coming as well." Daehyun said, his mouth filled with popcorn. "Do we have more food?"

"You can't be serious.." I sighed. I know he eats a lot, but somehow I'm always surprised at the actual amounts of food he can stuff in his mouth. Where does all these calories go?

 

Soon Jongup and Zelo joined us as well, with food, taking their seat on the couch and on the floor. The movie started playing, but I didn't pay any attention to it. How did our date turn into Yongguk watching a movie with the guys and I'm more of a third wheel in their group night? And why did he choose them over me?

"Are you mad at me?" Yongguk whispered in my ear.

"Yes." I whispered as well, trying not to interrupt the others.

"I thought you like the guys."

"I do, it's has nothing to do with it."

"Then what is it?"

"Just watch the movie. We'll talk afterwards." I tried to finish our conversation since I didn't want to talk about it at the moment.

"No. I want to talk about it now. Stop being mad at me." His whisper was unintentionally louder this time. The boys gave us a weird look and turned their attention back to the tv.

"I just wanted a date." I whispered.

"We spent the whole day together yesterday." he reasoned.

"Why are you so dense?" I sighed. "Just forget it. I'm fine with it. Forget I even said something." I turned to look at the tv.

"Babe.." Yongguk tried to get my attention, but I ignored him.

"Babe.." Yongguk kept poking me when I didn't react.

"Stop bugging me. I want to watch the movie." This time it was my turn to whisper louder than usual.

"Will you please argue outside and stop disturbing us?" Himchan scolded. The others nodded in agreement.

"Sorry.." I apologized, blushing. That wasn't my intention. If only the idiot sitting mext to me would stop bugging me..

"I'm trying to watch the movie." I told Yongguk, and fixated my gaze on the tv screen again. I had no idea what was going on in the movie since I didn't follow, but it didn't matter. I could feel he was looking at me for several moments, but eventually he gave up.

 


 

Author's Note:

 

I'm sorry for giving you another fluffy chapter.. I really planned to do something else, but then Yongguk and his v-app happened :P

 

The next chapter is definitely about the girls. There will be some group activities, so the focus will be more on group interactions.

 

Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, etc.! <3

 

M.