Chapter 27

Masks

"What's going on?" Sey asked when we were alone.

"What?" I looked at her confused.

"What the hell happened?"

"Nothing." I shrugged.

"Yes.. One moment you were having fun with Yongguk and the other you were dying to get out of there.. What did he do?"

"It's not him, it's me."

"What is it?"

"I don't know." I sighed.

"It has to be something if you reacted like that.." Sey reasoned.

"Well, it is something, but I don't want to talk about it."

"If you change your mind I'm here." Sey said and entered our dorm. I followed her quietly.

I took a long shower, thinking about the last couple of days. A lot f questions ran through my mind. If Yongguk have something with Sumi, why would he kiss me? I don't want to be a third wheel in their relationship and I don't like feeling like I'm a substitute or like I'm ruining whatever they have.. On the other hand, I like him. A lot. And I'm scared. What if he is just playing with me because it's comfortable? What if he is serious and I'm just throwing away my opportunity? But it's not like wer'e a good match anyway, he deserves better, and it's not like he will actually fall for me.. He did say he like the way Sumi dances.. I can't beat her.

I sighed and closed the water, getting out of the shower.

"You had a phone call.." Sey said and pointed on my bed, where I left my stuff.

"Thanks." I smiled and took my phone out of my bag. The call was from Yongguk. I frowned and burried the phone back in my bag.

"Your'e not calling them back?" Sey asked.

"No, it's not important." I stated.

"Who was it?"

"Yongguk."

 

~

 

The next few days went by fast. I practiced hard and Jinu was happy I lost weight since I didn't eat much either because I didn't have an appetite.

We were just practicing when Jinu entered our practice room. He examined us when his eyes fell on me and he smiled.

"Hyeri, come to my office in ten minutes."

"Why? Are you going to scold me?"

"Did you do something worth scolding?" He asked.

"No." I smiled.

"Good. Then I'll see you soon." Jinu smiled.

"Can't you at least tell me why?" I asked before he walked out the door.

"Just be there and you'll know."

 

When I entered Jinu's office Yongguk was there with B.A.P's manager. I looked at them confused.

"What is going on?" I asked.

"Sit down." Jinu ordered and pointed on an empty chair near Yongguk. B.A.P's manager was sitting on the other side. I sat down, waiting for someone to speak and tell me what I'm doing there.

"We called you here because Yongguk is having a solo.." Jinu started explaining.

"Good for him. How is that related to me?" I asked impatiently. I don't like being there, and I really don't like not knowing why I'm there in the first place.

"We want you to feature on his song."

"I don't want to." I said immediately. It will only make things more awkward between us and spending too much time with him won't be good for me for sure.

"It's not a question." Jinu said dryly.

"Are you ok with this? Why are you agreeing?" I asked Yongguk. It was the first time I talked to him since I left his dorm.

"I don't let my personal feelings interfere with my work, unlike someone.." Yongguk said, and I could feel my blood boil.

"Sure.." I snorted.

"What is your problem anyway?" Yongguk glared at me.

"Your existence." I glared at him back.

"At least be original and don't repeat what I told you when we fought. Can't you think for yourself?"

"Why would you team us together anyway? We only fight with each other." I asked Jinu.

"It's not my decision." He shrugged. "And it's final your'e working together, so you better figure out your problems."

"Fine." I sighed.

"Then tell this kid over here to act like her own age." Yongguk pointed at me.

"Well, I learned from you."

 

~

 

"What's wrong with them? Can they decide already if they are friends or enemies? I'm having white hairs because of them.." Jinu complained to B.A.P's manager while they were maikng their way to the CEO's office.

"Kids these days are so undecisive.." B.A.P's manager agreed.

"What did your idol do this time?" Jinu asked.

"Why are you asking me? It's your idol that have a temper and is throwing tantrums all the time.. My idol is calm and level-headed, he won't get into this kind of childish arguments unless he have a reason to.."

"Your'e right about that.." Jinu sighed.

"Your'e both here, we can start our meeting now." The CEO said when the two managers came into the conference room. Beside the CEO there were some people from the PR team, and one of the secretaries, who wrote everything meticulously. The managers sat down in the empty chairs and waited for the CEO to speak.

"Yongguk unknowingly helped us a lot with his solo since he was the one deciding everything about it.. We are going to play on their chemistry with one another in this duet, so wer'e going to push this image on them since it's good for us." The CEO said.

"They won't like it.." Jinu said.

"Then they won't know about it. From their point of view it's just a duet, but for us it's a great opportunity. If we push the 'future couple' thing they will gain attention. Hyeri will get attention because of Yongguk and then the new girl group will get attention because of Hyeri. It's a win-win situation."

"What if they actually start dating?" B.A.P's manager asked.

"Then the PR team will have to justify it's high salary." The CEO smiled.

"Why are you encouraging that? You know it's a headache." One of the girls prom the PR team protested.

"You can't control feelings.. Beside, do you really think that if we tell them not to date they will listen if they want to date?" B.A.P's manager asked. The girl trailed off.

"Are the rules still relevant?" Jinu asked the CEO.

"Yes. Yongguk doesn't have a dating ban anymore, but Hyeri does. And both of them have to handle the consequences for dating if they go for it, rules are rules." The CEO answered.

"Do you think they'll date from the way they argued earlier?" B.A.P's manager asked smiling.

"Sooner or later.. They fight a lot, but they always figure things out until the next argument.." Jinu answered, smiling as well.

"Oh, one more thing." The CEO said, gaining everyone's attention. "After the solo I want the girls to debut and afterwards I want a B.A.P comback, so prepare yourselves for that."

"But Hyeri need to practice.." Jinu said.

"She can do both the duet and practice with the girls, she will just have to sleep less."

"Ok.." Jinu said hesitantly. He didn't like the idea of Hyeri over-working herself, but he couldn't do anything about it if that was the CEO order.

"Any more questions?" The CEO asked.

"No."

"Then go back to work."

 

~

 

"What did Jinu want?" Sey asked when we met at the cafeteria.

"I'm featuring in Yongguk's solo." I said while drinking water from my bottle.

"Why?"

"I don't know, it wasn't my idea."

"So your'e not practicing with us anymore?"

"I am, when I'm not doing things with Yongguk.. I still need to practice with you, I'll just have to work by myself if I can't join your rehearsals.." I leaned back on my chair, exhausted just from thinking about it.

"It's like working double.." Sey stated.

"I know.." I sighed.

"Did you talk to him?"

"No. And we just fought earlier about something.. How am I suppose to handle him for the next couple of months?" I burried my face in my hands.

"Hey, pretty ladies." Himchan greeted us smiling and sat next to Sey.

"Hey.." I said weakly, looking at him.

"I heard your'e going to feature in Yongguk's solo.." Himchan said.

"Rumors go around fast here.." I sighed.

"I have connections." Himchan smiled proudly.

"Then tell your idiot friend that I'm only doing this because I have to and not because I want to."

"Why are you so angry at him anyway?" He asked casually.

"I have reasons." I said dryly.

"You still didn't answer my question.." Himchan insisted, still trying to get an answer from me.

"It's personal." I stated, hoping he will drop the subject.

"Just go talk to him."

"No."

"You'll have to do it sooner or later.." Sey stated.

"I know, but not now."

"Your choice.." She gave up.

"I think I should go, see you later." I smiled and waved them goodbye. They should spend some time together..

 

I went to the recording studio to meet Yongguk. He was sitting in front of the computer, looking between music sheets and the computer screen. He had earphones on and he looked very concentrated in what he was doing. I stood there for a while, mesmerized. He still has this effect on me. After a few minutes he lifted his head from the papers he was looking at and turned around. When he noticed me he took off his earphones and a small smile formed on his face.

"Did the princess finally changed her mind?"

"I'm still mad at you." I crossed my hands over my chest.

"Why?"

"You don't know?"

"I honestly don't. No matter how hard I try I can't seem to keep up with you and I have no idea what is going on in your mind."

"Well, that's my problem as well." I said, and he looked curiously at me. I took a chair next to him.

"Look, I don't like fighting with you, and even if you don't like it, we have to work together for now, so don't you think we should solve our problems like adults?" Yongguk asked. He looked sincere.

"Your'e right." I said quietly.

"So what is bothering you?"

"Why didn't you ask Sumi to do this with you?"

"Why would I ask her to do it?"

"Because she sings well, and you have something with her.."

"Where did you get this nonsense from?" Yongguk laughed. "Is that why you snapped at me the other day?"

"No.." I said quietly. It was part of it, but I can't tell him that.

"Look.. I don't know where you got this from, but I have nothing to do with her. She sings well, but you sing better, and your voice fit this song more. Besides, wer'e getting along pretty well when you don't get mad at me."

"So who is it?"

"Who is who?" Yongguk looked confused.

"The girl you like.. It's one of us, but it's not her.." A wide smile spread on Yongguk's face.

"Think for yourself, I know you can do it.." he ruffled my hair, still smiling.

"Don't laugh a me." I frowned.

"I'm not."

"I'm sorry." I said shyly. 

"I'm sorry as well, I probably crossed the line that day." He apologized.

"Then wer'e fine?" I asked.

"Yes." Yongguk smiled his gummy smile and I smiled as well.

"So what is the song about?" I asked, changing the subject back to the reason I'm there in the first place.

"The song is called 'Prey'. It's about a guy who walks into a bar every night in order to find a prey - a woman that he can sleep with and forget about in the morning, but one night he meets a lady that came there for the same purpose and outsmart him, and eventually he becomes her prey."

"Sounds.. Intresting." I stated. "So what happens afterwards?"

"What do you think?" He returned the question back to me.

"Mmm.. If she's smarter than him and he is attracted to her because of it he will probably fall inlove with her, and then she'll dump him because she is not looking for something serious and he will finally understand how it feels?"

"Exactly." Yongguk smiled.

"Did you meet this kind of girl in real life?"

"That outsmarted me? Yes. And I'm still trying to figure her out."

"Women are not that complicated." I shrugged.

"You are."

"I'm not!" I glared at him. "Maybe it's you who is just not smart enough to understand.." I .

"Right.." He snorted.

"Can I hear the song?"

"Sure." He smiled. "It's more jazzy and have an oldies wibe.. I just wanted to try this style and I thouht it would suit you."

The song did sound great, and I found myself smiling when Yongguk talked animatedly about it. He really likes what he is doing and he is proud of his songs. I should try my best to help him with it.

 


 

 

Author's Note:

 

Hyeri is so.. Innocent?

 

I know the plot is a little messy right now, but I will try to fix this mess in the next chapters.. There is a reason for everything :P

 

I will try to update again tomorrow or the day after..

 

Thanks for subscribing, reading and commenting and thank you for still staying with me, it means a lot to me!

 

Merry christmas if your'e celebrating :)

 

M.