Chapter 50

Masks

"Aren't you going to do something?" Sey asked while sitting down next to me on the grass.

"About what?" I asked.

"About miss clingy over there that keeps hanging around Yongguk.." she said and pointed over at Sumi, who was clinging onto Yongguk.

"What do you want me to do? I can't go over there and drag him away from her.." I sighed.

"If I were you I would have made sure she gets the message that Yongguk is taken."

"He is a grown-up man, he can take care of himself. I know he doesn't like her, so he won't do anything even if she clings onto him. I trust him."

"I don't know if your'e a saint or a complete idiot." Sey muttered.

"Probably both.." I tried to smile. "What good will it make if I start a war with her right now?"

"She will stay away from him."

"It's fine. As long as I know she don't stand a chance she can try as much as she want."

"I envy your smugness. I just hope you won't regret it someday."

 

~

 

Dinner time came and we settled near the tables while the managers grilled the meat. I managed to find three empty seats and went over there, hoping Yongguk will sit next to me. Unfortunately, Sumi was faster than me and she sat in the middle, preventing any possibility of me sitting next to Yongguk. I sat between her and Hyuk and Yongguk sat on her other side, next to another trainee. I frowned, but tried not to show it.

"I want to make a toast." the CEO said and stood up, raising his glass. "First of all, thanks to Yongguk and Hyeri we have this great BBQ, so be thankful to them." everyone clapped, and I blushed. Yongguk smiled happily. "Second, we are celebrating the end of a successful promotion period for the both of them. And third - we are going to focus now on the girls debut, so you need to work hard from now on. We already settled a date and a concept for your debut. You will found out everything in the next couple of days and we are starting to work in full power. This is the most important thing we have to do right now." Another round of applause. "Now eat." the CEO smiled and sat down.

During dinner Sumi clung onto Yongguk again, but I ignored it. I trust him and I know he can handle her. Besides, I don't want to be the over exaggerating and jealous girlfriend. Instead of being annoyed because of her I focused on my food and I tried to talk to Hyuk in order to distract myself.

 

~

 

"Oppa.." Sumi called in a squeaky voice. Is that supposed to be cute or something? Because I only get a headache from it..

"What?" Yongguk asked, trying not to sound too annoyed.

"You barely ate anything!" she exclaimed and put two more pieces of meat on his plate.

"Thanks." he mumbled without looking at her.

"Hyeri.." Yongguk called me shortly after.

"What?" I looked at him.

"Eat." he smiled and put meat on my plate.

"Thank you." I smiled. Sumi frowned, annoyed from what happened, but I couldn't care less. "Did you eat?"

"Yes." Yongguk smiled. We looked at each other when I felt something wet covering my clothes. One of the juice glasses on the table fell and its content spilled on me. I looked up and saw Sumi smiling brightly.

"Opps.. My hand slipped." Sumi smiled innocently. I wasn't sure if she was telling the truth or not, but I let her enjoy the benefit of the doubt. I got up and started cleaning myself since it was uncomfortable and my clothes became sticky as well. I went to the bathroom in order to fix my appearance and clean myself better.

"What the hell?" Yongguk glared at Sumi.

"My hand slipped." Sumi repeated her excuse. Yongguk eyed her suspiciously, buy didn't do anything else. "Why are you so worked up? It was only a little juice." she shrugged. He ignored her and sat back in his seat.

I came back to the table after washing up a little. I sat back in my place, not wanting to cause a ruckos. If she said it was a mistake people will probaby believe her since it only happened once. I continued eating and everything was normal again. Maybe it really was an accident.. Mistakes can happen.

After a few moments she 'accidently' knocked over another glass, on my clothes again. This can't be a conicidence..

"What are you doing?!" I glared at her.

"I'm clumsy!" She argued, pretending to be embarrassed from what happened. In response, I took my glass of juice and spilled it over her head, drenching her hair and her shirt.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?" Sumi yelled, utterly annoyed. Now everyone was staring curiously at us.

"My hand slipped." I said innocently.

"This is the last time you do this." she threatened and pushed me.

"Or what?" I pushed her back, a little stronger than the push she gave me.

"I think I warned you already not to start something you can't finish.. Don't try me, because you are obviously going to lose." She pushed me again. This time I stumbled backwards. Luckily Hyuk was there to grab me so I won't get hurt.

"GIRLS, STOP IT!" Jinu shouted.

"She started it!" Sumi whined, and I glared at her.

"Hyeri, come talk to me." Jinu said dryly.

"I didn't do anything!" I argued.

"Just come." he ordered. I didn't have any other choice but to follow him, defeated.

 

"What are you doing?" Jinu glared at me when we were alone.

"I didn't do anything, she started it. She also threatened me afterwards and pushed me."

"You pushed her as well." he said dryly.

"After she pushed me.. Why are you blaming me in everything that happened?"

"Should I remind you what happened with Yongguk?"

"It's different!" I exclaimed. It really is different. I admitted hitting him and I know I was wrong. I am taking responsibility for my actions if I'm at fault, but this time it really wasn't my fault.

"If you get in trouble one more time I will make sure your'e out, I don't care who's fault it is or if your'e going to debut or not. Stop causing problems."

"I'm sorry." I said, lowering my head. It's not fair!

 

~

 

"Sumi, come over here." The CEO oredered and pointed over a secluded place so they can talk without interruptions. She followed him quietly, frowning.

"What are you doing?" The CEO asked dryly.

"She started it!" Sumi whined.

"You are bugging her all the time. Leave her alone."

"Are you sleeping with her as well?" Sumi asked, finally looking up at him.

"Of course not!" he answered, annoyance in his voice.

"Then why are you so obsessed with her?"

"I have my reasons." The CEO said dryly.

"I want to know." Sumi demanded.

"You can't understand." he shrugged.

"She is taking my place, I'm not letting it go."

"You didn't have a place in the first place, so she is not taking anything from you." he glared at her. Sumi is seriously starting to get on his nerves.. She is getting out of control, and he doesn't like it. Why can't she be more like Hyeri? Such a humble and well-educated girl..

"You promised me!" Sumi stomped her feet. "You told me you will give me whatever I want and that I will be the center of the group."

"Well, things changed when Hyeri entered the company. She is the center now, whether you like it or not. If you want to debut then leave her alone." The CEO said coldly.

 

~

 

"Are you okay?" Yongguk asked when I came back after talking to Jinu.

"Leave me alone." I said without looking at him.

"Hey.." he tried to grab my wrist, but I avoided him.

"CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE FOR 5 FREAKING MINUTES?" I exploded. He gave me a hurt look and walked away without saying anything. Great, I messed up again. Why am I such an idiot?

 

~

 

"Hey there, trouble maker.." Junsu approached Sumi.

"Shut it." She mumbled.

"Here, I thought you would need it." he said and gave her a bottle of beer.

"Thanks." she took it from him.

"Listen.." Junsu started talking again. Sumi looked curiously at him. "You know you really don't have to do this.."

"Go away." Sumi said coldly. Her facial expression has changed in 180 degrees. From being nice she turned to being mad.

"I didn't mean it that way.. You are cute and talented. You don't need to put her down in order to make yourself look better. Be more confident in yourself and in your abilities.."

"I'm tired of everyone being biased towards her. What did she ever do to get this place? I've been here before her and I worked harder. I'm more talented then her as well." she said while moving her feet nervously. It actually felt good to talk to someone about her feelings. She felt like a small weight was lifted from her shoulders.

"If you are acting like this you are making them more biased towards her. If you want to fight her, do it wisely. Don't ruin your chances."

 

~

 

When I calmed down a little I went to look for Yongguk in order to apologize. I saw him talking to B.A.P. I quietly approached them and stood behind him, signaling the boys not to say anything about my presence.

"Five minutes are over.." I said quietly while hugging him from behind.

Instead of saying something he just unwrapped my hands hugging him and walked away, leaving me dumbfounded and hurt.

"Give him some time to calm down, he is just mad." Himchan smiled warmly and put his hand on my shoulder in a reassuring way.

"Thanks." I tried to smile.

 

~

 

"How about we go to karaoke?" Hyuk suggested before everyone dispersed. "Some bonding time just for us since we barely spend time together."

"Let's do it!" Eun Hee called while smiling brightly.

"Let's go." Zelo smiled as well.

This was how we ended up in a karaoke room - the girls, B.A.P and the male trainees. No staff and outsiders, just us.

I walked quietly next to Sey, stealing glances at Yongguk. He was walking beside Daehyun without saying anything, his hands in his pockets.

"Go talk to him." Sey nudged my arm.

"It won't help." I shrugged.

"If you won't do anything it won't help either." she said and walked over to Himchan, leaving me behind.

 

~

 

"Princess!" Hyuk called me.

"What?" I stopped walking, waiting for him to close the gap between us.

"Are you okay?"

"Perfect." I said sarcastically.

"Why is our princess sad?" he made a face and pinched my cheeks playfuly.

"Our?" I questioned. "And I'm not a princess, I'm more like a commoner."

"Then what about your prince charming?" he asked casually, kicking a small stone he found on the road. I looked at Yongguk. He was now talking to Yujin, still not looking at my direction.

"He should date a real princess." I turned my gaze back to Hyuk. "I'm scared that a simple commoner like me will only bring him down."

"I think you should appreciate yourself more." Hyuk smiled and ruffled my hair. "If you want my opinion, it looks like your prince charming like you either way."

"How would you know?" I snorted.

"If looks could kill I would have been six feet under right now from the glares he is giving me for talking to you." he said and tacked a strand of hair behind my ear. I looked hesitantly at Yongguk. He was glaring at us, but he moved his gaze away when he noticed I'm looking at him. I bit my lower lip nervously.

"Why are you so nice to me?" I turned to look at Hyuk again.

"Because you are a nice person and I like spending time with you." Hyuk smiled genuinely.

"I like spending time with you as well." I smiled.

"Let's go inside!" he said and grabbed my hand, dragging me into the building.

 


 

Author's Note:

 

Yeah, I know, it's lame, but I had to do it for the next chapter. The next chapter will be better :)

And I think that the next chapter wil also end that day and we'll start with more refreshing things like the girls debut (finally!).

 

Since I mentioned it a long time ago - there are six male trainees (that may or may not debut while the story goes). I mentioned three of them in the past - Hyuk, Minho and Junsu. Minho and Hyuk spent time with Hyeri in the couple dance competition and Junsu was with Sumi. That's the reason they are relatively close to each other. The three other trainees are irrelevant, at least for now.

 

The next update will be during the weekend :)

 

Oh, 50 chapters! I know it's kinda lame for chapter number 50, but the next one is definitely better, so I hope it could make up for it a little.

 

Thanks you so much for reading, commenting and subscribing! <3

 

M.