Chapter 69

Masks

Two weeks have passed. We practiced as usual and we even started to learn the choreography to "Oppa is mine". We are only at the beginning, but it's nice. I'm getting used to the song.

Sey and Himchan are still not talking to each other. At first they just ignored one another, but now they are doing everything they can to make the other person jealous. Himchan flirts with every girl he sees, especially if Sey is around, and Sey is getting really close to Matt and the male trainees. Me and Yongguk don't really know how to help them.. It's not like they listen even if we try talking to them. It's like talking to a wall since both of them think they are right and no one can convince them doing otherwise.

Today we are revealing our group name, so I'm excited. The girls got good responses until now, but I'm nervous about our name since it's.. Bad.

 

~

 

"You are all here." Jinu smiled when he entered the conference room. Yoona, the girl from the PR team, followed him quietly. "We should film the video introduction for tomorrow, but we wanted to talk to you about something first, so you can talk about it in the video as well."

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"First, I want you to open you personal twitter and instagram accounts. You can to whatever you want with the instagram name, but we want your twitter user name to be 'peppermint_your name', so it will be easy to find you. We will make sure your accounts is verified." Jinu explained.

"Cool." Sumi beamed.

"And we will open your v app channel today as well. We want you to go there on a regular basis because we need to get you attention. Post regulary on your SNS as well, it's important."

"Yes, oppa." we said together.

"And now Yoona wants to show you something." Jinu said, and we turned to look at Yoona, waiting for her to speak.

"Hey." Yoona smiled shyly. "You know B.A.P's matokies, right?"

"Obviously. Are we getting a mascot as well?" Yujin asked.

"Yes." she typed something on the computer and now we could see something on the screen.

"Meet 'Mini Mints'." she said smiling, and we looked at the screen. It had five figures, all shaped like leafs. Every figure had long hair and a skirt, indicating they are girls. They also had ribbons in different colors, matching the colors of the skirts they wore. Each carried a different mint product, just like out concept pictures.

"Like you can see, the figurs are designed according to the first set of pictures you had, and we think that they also fit your personality. The colors are also your personal colors, just like B.A.P's matokies colors." she said and now the screen changed, showing one figure in white, carrying different types of mint candies. Jinu, in the meantime, brought a little doll shaped like this and showed it to us.

"This is 'Spicy Mint'. As you can see, she has mint candies, which means she belongs to Hyeri. Her color is White." All the people in the room turned to look at me, waiting for my reaction. I probbaly had a terrified look on my face.. I can't even start describing how ridiculous this whole thing is.

"Next is 'Calming Mint'." The screen changed to a different figure, wearing purple and holding tea bags. We looked at Jinu, who had a matching doll in his hands.

"You have got to be kidding me.." Eun Hee mumbled. "Does that thing really going to hold tea bags?"

"Be grateful.. Looks like mine is going to carry a facial mask.." Sumi muttered, and all of us laughed. It's better than crying, right?

"Girls, stop it." Jinu glared at us.

"Sorry, oppa.."

"The third one is 'Sweet Mint'." Yoona continued. The mini mint was carrying chocolates and her color was brown, just like the chocolate she had.

"That's an ugly color." Sey claimed.

"Deal with it." Jinu said dryly. "The colors were chosen based on your product as well."

"Why can't it be a white chocolate?" Sey asked, not satisfied with the answer she got.

"Because we said so. Besides, Hyeri's color is white."

"But mint candies have different colors. You could have used red as her color."

"Red belongs to Yongguk, we are trying not to overlap with colors." Yoona explained.

"That is ridiculous! We are not in the same group! At this rate you are going to run out of colors when you debut your next group."

"I thought I made it clear enough you don't have a say in this. You just do whatever we tell you to do, and that's final." Jinu glared at her.

"But oppa!" Sey whined.

"Shut up." Jinu looked mad, so Sey stopped arguing.

"The forth one is 'Healthy Mint'. It has tooth brush and a tooth paste and it's color is blue."

"So mine likes brushing her teeth?" Yujin asked.

"Let's switch!" Eun Hee said.

"The last one is 'Youthful Mint'." Yoona said. This one was green and he had a face cream in one of it's hands and a facial mask in the other one.

"The green and blue are similar to B.A.P's." Sey stated. "I thought you said you don't want to use the same colors.."

"It's different shades and it's darker than the ones the boys have Look at the dolls." Jinu said.

"And I want to remind you that your official color for the group is mint color." Yoona said.

"No way!" I said sarcastically.

"So what's the story of this creatures? They came from the mint planet to spread mint all over the earth?" Sumi asked, making all of us laugh.

"That's not funny." Jinu stated. "And it's something similar to this.."

"Please don't.." I mumbled. "It's already embarrassing as it is.. Do you want to turn us into a joke?"

"We are doing it for your own good. Now please listen to us." he said and gestured Yoona to speak.

"The mini mints became like this after they ate a poisoned peppermint. The poisoned leaf also gave them special powers, each mini mint with it's unique ability. They use it to make the people around them happy." Yoona explained.

"This is.. ed up." Eun Hee said, describing what all of us thought.

"Tell us the truth.. You were lacking money and that's why you are sponsored by the companies that sell all these products, right?" Sumi asked.

"Stop fooling arond." Jinu glared at her. "We wanted to show you this because we want you to talk about that as well in the video. We will film it in a couple of hours, so think about everything you are going to say."

"Yes, oppa."

"Dismissed."

 

~

 

We did our hair and makeup and got dressed before the filming. We still had time, so we checked the picture the company released today and read one of the articles about it:

 

After revealing all the members, now it's time to reveal the name for TS entertainment's new girl group!

Are you excited? We sure are!

The company revealed on their official website and SNS today a group picture of the girls, with their name and logo.

This is the first group picture we have of the girls. All of them are holding a giant mint leaf, which is also the group's symbol.

The group have the unique name "Peppermint".

Previously, the induvudual pictures of the girls hinted about mint since all the things they had in the pictures contained mint. You could also see the girls had mint hair extantions, indicating the name and the official color of the group.

After having a successful group like B.A.P, we are looking forward to the girls debut. It's sure gonna be special, seeing their unique name and concept so far!

What do you think about the name? Are you looking forward to the new group?

 

After reading the positive article we checked the comments section:

 

1. [+100, -23] The rice boys and the mint girls hahaha Are they going to call their next group 'Bubble Tea'?

2. [+93, -5] Such a bad name.. Who The hell thought about this? Does their company not have a PR team?

3. [+89, -11] Peppermint lol.. They are definitely going to fail. 'Red Velvet' succedded only because they are under SM.

4. [+81, -32] Congratulations! You have the worst name a kpop group can have!

5. [+79, -20] Why debuting them if you are going to treat them like this? Looks like their company is their anti..

6. [+75, -40] They are all pretty and they seem talented as well.. Too bad their comapny ed them up with this name.

7. [+66, -9] TS, please manage your artists properly! What is this?

8. [+59, -10] I bet their fandom name is going to be hilarious as well hahaha I feel sorry for them.

9. [+42, -22] I'm embarrassed for B.A.P, Having a sister group named like this.. Please stay away from our oppas, you are decreasing their value!

-Please don't say that.. BABYz don't have a problem with them :) Peppermint, fighting!

10. [+30, -10] Peppermint unnies, fighring! I'm sure you'll do great! <3

 

"What is this?" I frowned while looking at the screen. I expected some bad reactions, but not this bad..

"The person who wrote comment number nine - it's fans like you that are decreasing their value, not us! I wish you had cool people like us around you!" Sumi cursed the tablet she was holding like the person who wrote the comment can actually hear her.

"We are going to suceed even if you don't like it. Idiots." Sey muttered, annoyed.

"Look at the last comment! How cute!" Eun Hee beamed.

 

~

 

"What are they doing, yelling at their phones like this?" Jongup asked while watching the girls from afar. There was some distance between them, but he could still hear the girls yelling and cursing.

"Sounds like they are reading comments about them.. A newbie's mistake." Youngjae said.

 

~

 

"And, action!" Jinu said and started to film. We were standing in a line according to our age in front of the camera.

"One, two, three." I counted.

"Hello, we are Peppermint and we are going to refresh your day!" we said all together, including the hand gesture. Surprisingly, we managed to do it without laughing.

"I'm Hyeri, the leader and in charge of singing and dancing." I introduced myself and bowed.

"I'm Eun Hee and I'm a singer and a dancer."

"I'm Sey and I'm a rapper and a dancer."

"I'm Yujin, I sing and rap."

"I'm Sumi. I'm the makane and I'm in charge of being the visual, singing and dancing."

"Nice to meet you!" we said together and waved our hands.

"So why are we here?" Eun Hee asked.

"We wanted to invite you to our official funclub!" I said and the other girls started clapping enthusiastically.

"The name is 'Refresheners', since mint is fresh, right?" Sumi asked, smiling.

"You can sigh up in our fancafe." Yujin said.

"We also wanted to show you our sticklight!" Sey said and took one sticklight that a staff member gave her.

"It's so pretty!" We commented like it's the prettiest thing we have ever seen. It was far from it, but we had to play along.

"It's different from the other sticklights.." Yujin commented.

"Yes. It's fluffy, and it's also spread mint fregrance!" Sey said and sprayed some scent. We started caughing because we didn't expect the strong fregrance.

"It really smells like mint.." Eun Hee commented.

"Speaking of mint, we also have the mini mints!" I said, trying to sound enthusiastic.

"Mini mints!" The girls cheered while we took our personal doll and showed it to the camera.

"The mini mints are our personal mascots. Like you can see, each mini mint have a different color and is holding the things you saw in our first pictures." I explained.

"And every mini mint have a different name as well." Sey added.

"Mine is 'Spicy Mint'." I said and the camera did a close up on it.

"I have 'Calming Mint'."

"And 'Sweet Mint'."

"My mascot is 'Healthy Mint'."

"Lastly, 'Youthful Mint'." Sumi showed her mini mint to the camera.

"Why are they called this way?" Eun Hee asked.

"Hyeri is the spicy one since she is the trouble maker of our group." Sumi commented.

"No, I'm not!" I protested.

"You are." Sey agreed, smiling. The other girls nodded as well. "And things are more fun if you are there."

"Eun Hee unnie is the calming one since she is always relaxed and taking things slowly." Yujin said.

"Sey is sweet because she is just like that." Eun Hee said, smiling. "She take care of us all the time."

"Yujin is healthy because she eats the healthiest out of all of us.. She always scold us for eating junk. She doesn't do much exercise, but she tries to live healthily." Sey said.

"And Sumi is youthful since she is the youngest and she is the most lively person out of all of us." I said, smiling. "She always energizes us."

"You can buy those mini mints and other products as well in the company's store." Yujin stated.

"And I think that there is also comics about the mini mints, right?" Sumi asked.

"Right!" Eun Hee said. "The comics is telling our story as well. Make sure you read it!"

"Yujin, didn't you want to tell them something as well?"  Sey asked her.

"Yes." Yujin smiled brightly. "We opened our v app channel. Now you can follow our preperations for our debut and for our debut showcase, and of course, afterwards as well."

"Just look for the 'Peppermint' channel in the app." I said, smiling. "We will do a lot of broadcasts, so please anticipate it."

"We also have our twitter and instagram acoounts, so you can follow us there." Sumi said.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Eun Hee said.

"What is it?" We asked.

"The most important thing!" Eun Hee beamed. "We have a surprise for you."

"Right. If you liked our previous videos, tomorrow we will upload two group videos, so we can show you our charms." I said.

"It will show you two different sides of us. I hope you'll enjoy it and I hope you'll anticipate our debut." Sey said.

"Please watch it." Yujin said.

"And if you like us, please follow us on our SNS and on v app!" Sumi said, smiling.

"I think we told them everything, right?" I asked.

"Yes." Eun Hee said.

"Then, I guess that's it. We will go back to practice now." Sey said.

"Let's greet them." I said. "One, two, three.."

"We are peppermint and we are going to refresh tou day!"

"Bye bye!" we waved to the camera.

"Thanks for watching!" Yujin said at the end.

"And, wer'e done." Jinu said, smiling. "You were great."

"Wasn't it too much for an introduction video?" I asked.

"It was fine." he reassured me. "We will upload it tomorrow, after we add some effects and subtitles."

"Alright." we smiled.

"Now go change and go back to practice." Jinu ordered.

"Yes, oppa."

 


 

Author's Note:

 

I'm having too much fun with this name\concept lol

I promise it will get better.. They need to start from the bottom so they can rise afterwards and appreciate it :)

 

Comment 7 is what I want to say to TS in real life :P

 

Just to make things clear - I didn't mean to hurt Red Velvet or anyone else with the comments. I tried to show this kind of comments as well since there are always people who are trying to drag others that are not related to the subject and make fun of them as well.

 

Personally, I liked this chapter. Tell me your thoughts!

 

Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing, it means a lot to me! <3

 

M.