Chapter 51

Masks

The karaoke room was big. There were three long white sofas and a few tables in the middle with alcohol and snacks. There was a big tv screen and a DVD player and of course, microphones and other things you have in a karaoke room.

"So big.." Jongup mumbled.

"Let's party!" One of the trainees said and started choosing songs enthusiastically.

It looked like everyone was having fun talking and fooling around with each other.. All except two grumpy people - me and Yongguk. Yongguk was drinking a lot of alcohol on the side and I was sitting on the other side of the couch, stealing glances at him.

"Grumpy princess, come over here." Hyuk came over smiling brightly and grabbed my arm.

"I don't feel like it."

"Do a song with me." he pleaded.

"Fine.." I sighed and got up reluctantly. I was really fine just sitting there by myself..

"I'm in too!" Sumi suddenly called. Where did she come from? "How about we do a little competition?"

"Deal." Hyuk answered before I could react. If it was up to me I would have said no, but I really didn't have an option now..

"I choose the song!" Sumi declared. "And we are doing the dance as well. Let's make a little show." she beamed. I had a bad feeling about it, but I agreed.

 

Meanwhile, on the other side of the room, Himchan glared at Sey furiously.

"You promised!" Himchan said.

"I said you wouldn't do it in public, our friends doesn't count." Sey smiled innocently.

"Of course they count! I'm not doing it!" Himchan declared.

"Then our deal is cancelled." Sey turned around to leave.

"Honey!"

"Come on, you already did it in public once, I don't get what is the big deal right now.. It's only us."

"They are going to make fun of me for the rest of my life."

"They are already making fun of you, it's not like they lack reasons to do it.." she retorted.

"Are you really going to let your boyfriend embarrass himself like this?" Himchan questioned, still trying to get out of this.

"Come on.. you could always say you lost in a bet or that you were drunk." Sey offered.

"I will get back at you someday." he frowned.

"I love you too." she smiled and kissed his cheek.

 

~

 

Of course letting Sumi choose the song was a mistake. A really big one. I can't be y no matter how much I try, and the amount of times I failed doing it can prove it. She is good at it, so obviously she will choose this thing as our song.. I sighed.

"You don't have to do this if you are scared.." Sumi teased.

"I'm not scared." I glared at her.

"Maybe it's better if you quit, you are bad at it anyway.." she continued teasing, and my blood boiled. I know I'm bad at it, but I'm not backing down. I already embarrassed myself enough with all my past attempts, so one more time wouldn't make a big difference anyway. I'm not letting her enjoy my defeat.

"I'll do it." I declared. "I just need a drink.." alcohol will definitely help. I need to loosen up a little.

"Here." Hyuk came smiling with three shots of vodka.

"Cheers." we drank.

 

~

 

"What's wrong?" Daehyun sat next to Yongguk.

"Nothing." Yongguk kept drinking. He lost count of how many shots he took by now, but he didn't care. It still didn't affect him and he was well aware of his surroundings.

"What did she do?" Daehyun took a bottle of beer from the table.

"Why does she spend so much time with him?" Yongguk asked and pointed at Hyeri, who was talking to Hyuk about something.

"Maybe because you pushed her away?" Daehyun suggested, taking a sip from the cold drink. "Both of you look like right now, and both of you are childish enough to ignore each other even though you want to make up. At least he spends time with her and he is trying to make her smile."

"She is smiling with me as well." Yongguk stated, annoyed. He can make her smile better than anyone.

"Not when you are pushing her away."

"She was the one that wanted to be alone in the first place."

"Get a grip, will you?" Daehyun sighed. "I thought you know her well enough by now, but I guess I was wrong.." he said and stood up, leaving Yongguk by himself. Yongguk sighed, drowning in his own thoughts again.

 

~

 

"Are you sure?" Himchan asked Sey once again. This was his last chance to get out of it.

"Of course I'm sure." Sey smiled. "Wait here, I'll make sure everyone is watching."

Sey stood in the center of the room, getting everyone's attention.

"Listen, Himchan lost in a bet he had with me, so he has a little surprise for you." Sey said smiling. She changed the facts a little, but it was in order to help Himchan. "I want to introduce Herchan."

Sey finished talking and Himchan cursed the moment he agreed to do it. He waited outside the room, utterly embarrassed. He refused to come in, but eventually Sey dragged him inside. Like he predicted, everyone was laughing like crazy. It was obvious, since he was wearing a feminine wig and a dress.

"Why are you just standing there? You prepared a song, right?" Sey ushered him.

"Right.." Himchan said quietly, hoping the ground will split to half and swallow him inside. Somehow he managed to finish the song, although everyone laughed. Sey will definitely pay for this.

 

"We prepared something as well!" Sumi said after Himchan finished his little show.

"We?" Daehyun asked.

"Me, Hyeri and Hyuk." she smiled brightly.

I guess it's too late to avoid it now.. I took a deep breath and we did the song. It was so embarrassing, but I managed to do it somehow.. At least it was with Hyuk, because it would have been weird if it I had to do it with someone else other then him or Yongguk. I tried not to look at Yongguk while doing the song\dance, but I didn't have to look to know he was glaring at us, and especially me. I could feel his eyes following every movement I did.

"Hyrei, I think you actually improved." Jongup smiled.

"Thanks." I blushed and hurried to sit down.

"Let's make a toast!" Youngjae said, changing the subject.

"For the girl's debut." Daehyun smiled.

"Let's hope the girls do well, because they need to pay for our debut." Minho said, smiling.

"We need to pay for our own debut first.." I argued.

"Shouldn't you focus on improving first so you can actually debut? I heard the company want to make you a cute version of B.A.P because you can't do badass concepts.. If you keep going like this you might not debut at all." Sey mumbled.

"We do badass better than you!" Hyuk exclaimed.

"As if.. We have Hyeri." Eun Hee said, and everyone turned they gaze to me.

"I'm not badass.." I mumbled, embarrassed.

"You are pretty badass when you want to be." Sey smiled.

"Let's see. We'll do the same song and B.A.P will judge who does it better.." Junsu offered.

"Deal. Let B.A.P choose the song as well." Yujin said. I sighed. What is wrong with everyone today with all the competitions?

"Why is nobody asking us if we want to do this?" Himchan asked.

"Because you don't have a choice." Sey answered, smiling brightly. Himchan frowned, and the rest of us laughed.

"I'm out." Yongguk said and went outside to get some fresh air. He didn't notice Sumi following him, but I did.

 

~

 

"Oppa.." Sumi called Yongguk when they were in the hallway.

"What is it?" he stopped walking and turned to her.

"Did you like my dance earlier? I thought about you while doing it.."

"No. And I will appreciate it if you stay away from me and Hyeri." he said dryly.

"Why? Are you dating?"

"No."

"Great." Sumi smiled. "Then you wouldn't mind if I do this, right?" she asked in a sweet tone, and before he could realize what is going on she attached her lips to his.

 

~

 

I went after Yongguk and Sumi because I don't trust her and I wanted to talk to Yongguk as well. I noticed them immidiately. Sumi was standing near the wall, Yongguk was facing her, and she was kissing him. It didn't look like he kissed her back, but he didn't push her away either.. He just stood there, frozen. My blood boiled. There is no way I'm letting her kiss my boyfriend. He is mine. I launched forward and kicked the side of her body. She seperated from Yongguk, surprised.

"Kissing someone against their will is ul harrasment." I stated, glaring at her.

"Who said it was against his will? He was here when it happened and he kissed me back." Sumi claimed.

"No, I didn't. I was just surprised because I wasn't expecting it." Yongguk said, glaring at Sumi as well.

"Aren't you supposed to like me? I look exactly like her." Sumi said to Yongguk. Yongguk paled. Who are they talking about? What's going on here?

"You look the same, but your personality is completly different then hers. Sorry to disappoint you, but I choose girls by personality, not by looks. You have a ty personality, so you don't stand a chance." Yongguk said dryly.

"Wasn't my look the reason you were nice to me in the first place?" Sumi questioned, brushing her palm against Yongguk's cheek. He flinched from her touch. I clenched my fists.

"That was until I got to know you." Yongguk said coldly. "You know, we could have had something if you weren't such a ."

Sumi slapped him, but he didn't move. His cheek was slightly red, but it didn't look like he cared. This girl is seriously getting on my nerves.

"Why are you hitting him? It's not like he lied.." I questioned, glaring at her.

"Do you want to get hit as well?" she mocked, putting her hands on her waist.

"I want you out of my life. Can you please evaporate?"

"And let you enjoy it? No way." she laughed.

"Put a finger on him one more time and you'll get hit twice as much." I threatened. 

"Now you need girls to protect you? I thought you were a man enough to defend yourself, but I guess I was wrong.." Sumi mocked Yongguk, ignoring me.

"At least I have someone to protect me. You will die alone." Yongguk retorted.

"So sweet.. Does your little princess know about her? I'm sure she will be happy to know your past.."

"How would you know my past?" Yongguk questioned. "You weren't there when it happened."

"I didn't, but Zico did." she stated.

"If you want my advice, stay away from him. He is not as good as you think." Yongguk said dryly.

"Nobody asked for your advice.."

"Barbie, stay away from both of us. If you like Zico so much go spend time with him, I'm sure he'll be happy.. Or you can just go back to sleeping with the CEO because that's what youv'e always been doing, right?" I said without thinking. Sumi's face paled.

"Sleeping with the CEO?" Yongguk mumbled, surprised. Only then I realized what I said. I instinctively covered my mouth. Opps.. I didn't mean to say that. it just slipped.

"What exactly do you know?" Sumi asked, getting closer to me in a threatening way.

"I think I know enough.. I caught you red-handed once. Why? Are you scared I'm going to reveal it?"

"Do whatever you want, it's not like I care." she shrugged. It looked like it didn't bother her, but something told me she was more affected then she was willing to admit.

"I won't tell if you stay away." I stated.

"Babe, let's go. She is not worth our time and nerves." Yongguk said, nudging my arm.

"Where?" I asked, looking at him.

"Anywhere you want." he smiled, and it made my heart beat faster.

 

When we were out of her sight I pulled away from Yongguk. He looked at me confused.

"I didn't do it for you, I did it because she annoys me." I said dryly.

"I'll live with that." Yongguk smiled.

We walked quietly for a few of moments and I used that time to think. How am I going to apologize to him now? I also want to ask him about Zico, but will he tell me? Does he trust me enough to talk about it?

"Babe, I'm sorry." Yongguk broke the silence between us.

"About what?"

"About being an and ignoring you the whole evening and for not moving quick enough from her kiss and for not getting involved when you argued earlier."

"Did you like it?"

"What?" he asked confused.

"Her kiss."

"Are you crazy?" Yongguk laughed. "I didn't kiss her back. I just froze because I was surprised. I don't care about her. You are the only girl that I want to get kissed by." he caressed my cheek. A small smile appeared on my face.

"If you let her or other girl do it again your'e dead."

"If it happens again will you become badass again?" he asked while smiling. I blushed.

"No."

"Too bad.." he sighed. "The badass Hyeri was really awsome. I think I like her more.."

"Yah!" I hit his arm. "If you don't like the way I am then let's break up. I'm not changing myself for you." I started to walk away, annoyed.

"Babe! I was just joking." he hurried to catch me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I like you the way you are, it was just a nice change seeing another side of you that I didn't know before." he said while leaning his head on my shoulder.

"Idiot.." I mumbled.

"Will you tell me where did you learn it?" he whispered in my ear.

"I want to know something in return." I turned around to face him, still staying in his embrace.

"What is it?" he asked.

"What is going on with you and Zico and how is Sumi connected?"

 


 

 

Author's Note:

 

I was supposed to finish the day in this chapter but it didn't work out and I didn't want to make a never ending chapter..

The next one will be more intresting (if you want to know their stories, of course). 

 

Badass Hyeri is popping out again :)

 

Again, thank you so much for reading, commenting and subscribing! It means a lot to me. <3

 

M.