Chapter 130

Masks

Tuesday came and with it my sole day of rest has come to an end. I slept most of it while the girls had two fansigns and they even did the 'Truth or Dare' segment of our online show. It felt weird not participating, but I needed the rest. Now I feel energized and ready to work hard again.

I woke up before the girls and even made breakfast for all of us. When it was time to go to the company I was happy that I can get back to normal activity.

 

~

 

"I got it." Himchan smirked, staring at the bottle of laxative in his hand. "I'm sorry, Bang, but it's for your own good." he said before emptying the content into Yongguk's coffee. When Yongguk came back to the kitchen Himchan acted like nothing happened and finished preparing breakfast for all of them.

"If this doesn't get them back tgether I don't know what will.." Himchan thought to himself as he watched Yongguk drinking his coffee. Yongguk coughed, twisting his face in discomfot. "Please don't realize something is different.." he prayed in his mind.

"I think the milk has expired.. It tastes weird." Yongguk said, examining the liquid in his mug.

"The milk is fine." Himchan said quickly, showing Yongguk the milk carton with the expiration date. "It expires in three days. The milk is fine." Himchan said and tasted the milk himself to prove his point. "It tastes like normal milk to me. Want to try yourself?" he offered the drink to Yongguk.

"It's fine." Yongguk said and returned to his coffee. "Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.." he thought to himself as he finished his drink.

 

~

 

I was going to the company with Sey because the other girls had something to do before practice. The two of us reached the company just when Himchan and Yongguk arrived. Sey jumped on Himchan like she hasn't seen him for years and I chuckled. She is so carefree and reckless sometimes.. But it's cute.

While I was staring at the couple, I felt someone staring at me. When I searched for the eyes that was focused on me I noticed it was Yongguk. He was staring intently at me with an unreadable expression on his face. I guess he is really not feeling anything.. But if that's the case, why is he staring at me? Do I look funny?

I felt uncomfortable under his gaze and tore my gaze away, moving my feet nervously. I'm sure I was looking okay when I left the dorm and nothing happened on the way here, so why is he looking at me?

"I'm going first." I declared. "Himchan oppa, have a nice day." I greeted, smiling warmly.

"You too." Himchan smiled, releasing Sey from his grip but still staying close to her. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yes. Thanks for asking."

"No problem. You really worried us."

"Tell the boys I'm sorry for worrying them.. I didn't mean to."

"I know. I will tell them." Himchan said.

"I should go.." I mumbled. I heard Yongguk clear his throat, but I ignored it. He doesn't exist to me.

"I'm here too, you know." Yongguk finally spoke, glaring at me.

"Sey, did you hear something? Like a fly or a bug?" I asked innocently.

"No.." she answered and Himchan chuckled. I could see Yongguk frown, but I didn't care.

"Hyeri, stop being a kid." Yongguk muttered.

"You know, the bugs are really annoying these days, probably because of the heat. They are just everywhere." I mused.

"So that's what I am to you? A nuisance?" Yongguk asked. His gaze didn't leave me since we got here.

"I should take my childish self and go practice. I'm rusty since I didn't do anything yesterday." I said. "Have a nice day." I smiled and headed towards the practice room, leaving the trio there.

 

Yongguk sighed heavily the moment Hyeri left.

"It will be alright." Himchan tried to cheer him up, patting his back.

"She hates me." Yongguk mumbled, feeling his heart sinking deeper with every word coming out of his mouth.

"Did you really say the 'L' word?" Sey asked.

"Sey.." Himchan hissed. This is not the time or the place to talk about it, even if she is curious. Where is her tact?

"She loves you as well, she is just really unexperienced so she hasn't realized it yet. And she also think you didn't really mean it when you said that to her." Sey told Yongguk.

"I meant it." Yongguk said.

"I know you did, but when Hyeri decides to believe in something she goes all the way with it and it's hard to change her mind. You know that as well."

"I do." the older male confirmed, sighing. He knows that better than anyone since he probably suffered the most from it.

"I'm sure she'll get back to her senses soon. She has to." Sey smiled, trying to make Yongguk feel better. Her relationship with him is complicated and they had a lot of residues that took a while to dissolve, but it doesn't mean she doesn't care. She hates seeing him like this.. She hates seeing both him and Hyeri suffering.

"Thanks."

"I should go. Hyeri might need me.."

"We are meeting later, right?" Himchan asked Sey.

"Obviously." she smiled brightly.

"Good luck today."

"Thanks. Good luck to you too." Sey said and left.

"Don't worry, we will find a way to get you and Hyeri back together. We have to." Himchan said.

"I hope so.."

 

~

 

"Is everything okay?" Sey asked, joining me in the empty practice room.

"Of course. There is no reason it wouldn't be fine." I faked a smile.

"Don't be too harsh on him.. He is suffering as well."

"So my emotions doesn't count?" I exclaimed, annoyed. What side is she on?

"Of course they do, but.."

"He was the one going to another girl." I cut her off before she finished her sentence.

"After you broke up with him." she reminded me.

"He could have gone to a different girl, but he chose her." I emphasized the last word. There was no need to mention her name since it was obvious who I was talking about. It was also the thing that hurt the most.

"It doesn't matter. You were still the one pushing him away, so you can't complain when he actually did what you told him to do. You had your chance."

"If you are going to be like this, don't offer to help me in the first place." I exclaimed. Instead of helping me feel better she is just making me feel worse. I already know it's because of me and I feel guilty as it is, why does she have to mention it all the time?

"As your best friend, it's my job to tell you to when you're making a mistake. Just go and apologize to him. He wants you back as well."

"I'm not apologizing. It's over." I declared. I'm going to keep the last bit of pride I had left. I'm not crawling back to a person that doesn't want me anymore.

"Fine. Then cry on your own. I'm not wiping your tears anymore if you're an idiot." Sey exclaimed, letting the anger get the better of her.

"Fine. I don't need you." I retorted. "And I'm not going to cry!"

 

~

 

The morning went by normally. The boys just finished recording something when Yongguk started to feel weird. At first he dismissed it as tiredness and not eating properly, but something seemed wrong as time went by. He spent more time in the toilet and his body felt weak. During practice his diarrhea got worse, making it impossible for him to practice since he had to rush to the restroom often.

"Hyung, how about you go rest?" Daehyun asked.

"You can't practice like this.." Youngjae added.

"I'm fine." Yongguk said.

"Bang, just go." Himchan said. "I'll talk to our manager. You worked hard and you could use the rest as well.."

"But the comeback.." Yongguk mumbled.

"You mean, the delayed comeback?" Daehyun asked.

"We are probably not making a comeback anytime soon, so you can rest." Youngjae smiled reassuringly.

"Just go." Himchan goaded.

"But.." Yongguk tried to protest.

"You are spending more time in the toilet than with us anyway, so just go. You need to rest." Himchan said.

"Fine." Yongguk sighed.

"We will talk to the manager hyung, don't worry." Daehyun smiled reassuringly.

"Don't slack off today while I'm gone."

"Yes, sir."

 

~

 

It was the early afternoon when we returned to the company after having a busking event and a fansign. Me and Sey went to get drinks for the girls and the staff when we heard Jongup and Zelo talking in the hallway next to us. I wasn't going to listen to their conversation, but something they said caught my attention.

"Poor Yongguk hyung.." Zelo said. When they mentioned Yongguk I listened carefully but tried not to show it. I can't help it.. I still care, even if I want to deny it.

"Yeah.. He looks really sick." Jongup said. Weird.. He was looking fine in the morning. I mean, it was obvious he was tired, but nothing seemed weird besides that.

"He could barely practice today.." Zelo added. "What are we going to do about the comeback? It's getting closer and he needs to practice.."

"His health comes first."

"I know.." Zelo sighed.

"I wonder how he is doing.. He is all alone in the dorm and he is really not feeling well.." Jongup said. His voice was clearer this time, but maybe it's because they were getting closer. He wouldn't raise his voice on purpose, right? He doesn't have a reason to..

Either way, it didn't help calming my beating heart down. He can't be sick..

"And we can't go and see how he is doing because we need to practice.." Zelo said bitterly. Oh, no..

"This idiot. Why doesn't he go to the doctor? I heard Youngjae asking him about it as well.." Jongup grumbled.

"You know Yongguk hyung.. He takes care of everyone else but himself." Zelo mumbled and I clenched my fists. That idiot. Doesn't he know he should take care of himself? He is giving strength to so many people.. If he collapses other people will collapse as well. He needs to stay healthy.

"Hyeri.. What are you doing?" Sey asked. Without realizing, I stopped in my place so I could listen to Zelo and Jongup talking while Sey kept walking forward.

"Nothing." I shook my head and closed the gap between us. I shouldn't care anymore, he has Sumi to take care of him if he is sick. But.. Can I really trust her?

"You were daydreaming again, weren't you?" she teased.

"Yeah.." I admitted shyly. I can't tell her I eavesdropped to Zelo and Jongup's conversation about Yongguk.. She will tease me for ages about it.

"Let's get the drinks." she said and I followed her quietly.

 

~

 

"Do you think it worked?" Jongup asked Zelo when they were sure Hyeri and Sey left.

"I hope so.." Zelo said.

"We're lucky Hyeri noona doesn't know about the comeback being delayed yet, otherwise it wouldn't have worked."

"She can't know about it.. She will scold all of us for sacrificing ourselves for her."

"Let's go watch cartoons in the playroom." Jongup offered and Zelo smiled, following him.

 

~

 

"Mission accomplished. Now do your part." Himchan read the text Sey sent him and a smile appeared on his face.

"No problem :)" he texted back, grinning. Operation 'I Guess I Need You' is progressing well and he only has one thing left to do. He stood up, heading towards Jinu's office.

 

~

 

After I heard Zelo and Jongup talking I couldn't get it off of my mind. I couldn't stop thinking about Yongguk and if he is doing well.

Why am I so stupid? I shouldn't think about him. He is an adult, he can take care of himself and he also has people around him that can take care of him. He doesn't need me.

"Hyeri.." Yujin nudged my arm.

"What?" I shook my thoughts off, paying attention to Yujin.

"I was asking if you have practice with Matt today."

"No." I smiled. I'm so happy to have a break from this as well.. I'm not sure I could have handled him today.

"That's great." she smiled. "What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing.."

"You seemed to be deep in thought since you didn't hear me.."

"Sorry.. I was just distracted a bit." I apologized, embarrassed. "But it was nothing important."

"If you say so.."

 

~

 

"Oppa.." I approached Jinu when we were waiting for the closing segment of 'The Show'.

"What is it?" he put his cellphone aside and looked at me curiously.

"It's.." I hesitated. How do I ask that without disclosing my true feelings?

"It's..?" Jinu asked, his curiosity rising.

"Is everything okay with the boys?" I asked, shifting my body weight from one foot to another.

"With all of them or with one particular boy?" he asked, smirking. Damn it. Well, what was I expecting? It was obvious why I was asking..

"You know the answer." I shrugged, fixating my gaze on the ground so I won't have to look at him. No matter how much I tried to ignore it, it bugged me that Yongguk might be sick and I can't do anything to help him. Furthermore, Sumi didn't seem like she cared or like she actually knew he is not feeling well. Her behavior was weird, even for her.

"What can we do with the two of you?" Jinu sighed.

"You didn't answer me." I reminded him, kicking an invisible stone on the floor.

"You're worried, right?" he asked, placing his right hand on my shoulder.

"I heard he is sick." I admitted, still not looking at him because I was embarrassed.

"He took the day off because he wasn't feeling well. He started feeling like that when they were practicing and he couldn't finish their practice. He is resting at their dorm while the other boys continued working."

"What does he have?" I asked, finally looking at Jinu.

"I'm not sure.." he said apologetically.

"I see.." I bit my lower lip. My heart sank. He is sick.. And I can do nothing to help him. If the other boys were working and Sumi was with me all day long it means he was alone. Gukkie..

"You know, I can't scold you for things I didn't see." Jinu smirked.

"Huh?" I asked, confused. What is he talking about?

"Let's say you really want to see him because he is not feeling well and you're worried.. You want to go to his dorm to make sure he is fine even if it's against the rules.." he started explaining, smiling.

"Oppa! I'm not that kind of person!" I exclaimed, blushing. "And we don't have that kind of relationship.."

"I know. I was just describing an hypothetical situation.." Jinu said innocently. "My point is that if I'm not there and I didn't see you doing these things I can't scold you or punish you. I need an evidence before accusing you."

"I get it." I said. "Thanks, oppa." I smiled and hugged him tightly. I really like him. He is like a protecting older brother that always take good care of us.

"Just talk to him already, alright? I don't like seeing you like this." he patted my back.

"I don't want to." I pouted.

"Just follow your heart. It should lead you in the right direction."

 

~

 

"Guys.. Let's go watch a movie or something." Himchan offered.

"I'm tired." Youngjae said.

"Then drink coffee or go to an hotel. We can't get back to the dorm yet." Daehyun said.

"Why?" Jongup asked curiously. "Yongguk is sick.."

"What if someone is taking care of him?" Himchan smirked.

"Is noona there?" Zelo asked happily.

"Maybe."

"Let's go eat!" Daehyun offered.

"Let's go bowling!" Jongup said.

"Arcade!" Youngjae added his own idea.

"Let's go to a club.." Zelo suggested and all the boys turned to look at him.

"Choi Junhong. Since when do you go clubbing?" Youngjae inquired.

"I'm an adult, you know.." the youngest male shrugged.

"You will always be our little baby.. Even if you're taller than all of us." Himchan said cheekily and pinched Zelo's cheeks.

"Hyung!" Zelo protested, moving Himchan's hands away.

"Then clubbing it is?" Daehyun asked, amused by the situation.

"Aren't you going to get in trouble with Narae for going to this kind of place without her?" Youngjae asked.

"Ask her to join us." Jongup said.

"Yah! It's a boys night out. Don't bring girls in." Himchan exclaimed.

"Hyung, are you really going to a club without telling Sey?" Zelo asked. "Never mind Daehyun, but Sey is going to explode when she finds out."

"I can imagine her scolding Himchan for that.." Youngjae said as he pictured the situation in his mind. Sey is known for keeping Himchan on a short leash and Himchan gladly submits.

"This is going to be nasty.." Daehyun joined the teasing.

"Kim Himchan! Where do you think your'e going? I thought I told you you're not allowed to breathe without asking me first!" Youngjae immitated Sey while everyone burst into laughter, except for Himchan.

"That was a good one!" Jongup commented, earning a glare from the annoyed Himchan.

"Kim Himchan! I want more!" Youngjae continued immitating Sey, this time adding a moan he heard way too many times from the couple since they doesn't seem to know the concept of doing things quietly. The laughing boys laughed harder and the frowning Himchan clenched his fists.

"You know she is going to kill you once she hears you immitating her, right?" Himchan asked.

"You love me too much to do that." Youngjae clinged onto Himchan like Sey does often, using her voice as well. He has gotten into the character and he is not going to let it go so soon.

"Yoo Youngjae!" Sey stood in the entrace to the practice room containing the five males. Youngjae immediately released Himchan, pretending nothing happened.

"You're in trouble.." Daehyun teased.

"Were you teasing Himchan?" Sey asked, glaring at Youngjae. She is not scary most of the time, but when she is mad she has this aura that makes people flinch. She is similar to Hyeri in that.. They sure spend a lot of time together.

"No.." Youngjae smiled innocently and Himchan scoffed. The other boys kept quiet, not wanting to interfere.

"I heard you immitating me." she stated and the blood drained from Youngjae's face. She won't do anything to him, right? He wasn't that mean to her and he was just trying to chan a bit. It's normal between friends.

"I was just fooling around.." Youngjae explained, hoping it will convince Sey so she won't get mad at him.

"Honey, leave him." Himchan said, to Youngjae's relief, wrapping his arms around Sey's waist. "It's nothing."

"You were actually doing a good job." Sey smiled and Youngjae could finally relax.

"Thank you." he thanked her shyly.

"But don't do that again. I don't like it." she added, seeing the color disappearing from Youngjae's face once again.

"I won't." he promised.

"Oppa.. Can we go?" Sey asked Himchan cutely.

"That was fast.." Youngjae thought to himself. It's funny how she changes from being angry to being cute so fast.. Does all girls do that?

"Sure." Himchan smiled and entwined their hands together.

"Make sure to rest. You worked hard today." Sey told the boys.

"Thank you." they smiled.

"Sey.." Jongup called before she and Himchan left.

"What?"

"Himchan wanted to go clubbing.."

 

~

 

When we finally reached the company I was happy I didn't have anymore schedules for the day. I decided to take Jinu's offer and visit Yongguk. I don't think I'll be able to relax until I'll check his condition.

I went to the supermarket with a mission in mind. I want to make healthy food for him and since I don't know what the boys have in their dorm I should come prepared.

 

~

 

"Geez, she can be scary sometimes." Youngjae sighed when the coast was clear and Sey was out of sight.

"Hyung, you were really pale when she caught you." Zelo commented.

"Do you know how scary she is?" Youngjae justified his cowardly behaviour.

"Hyeri is scarier." Jongup stated.

"Those two should really spend less time together.." Youngjae mumbled.

"Hyung, I would have worried about Narae as well.." Zelo told Daehyun. "Isn't she close to Hyeri?"

"Narae is an angel." Daehyun declared, smiling dreamily while thinking of her.

"Hyeri can be an angel as well, but you know how she is like when she is mad.. Especially at Yongguk." Youngjae said.

"I really hope they will work things out.." Jongup said.

"Let's go to the arcade." Youngjae declared and the boys followed in a quiet agreement.

 

~

 

I stood in front of the door to B.A.P's dorm, groceries in my hands, my heart beating faster. I know it's only Yongguk and there is nothing to be stressed and nervous about, but it's the Yongguk. The one that makes my heart beat faster, my mind cloudy and my knees weak. The one I want to hug tightly and the one I want to hear whispering my name, saying sweet things. Maybe Jinu is right and I should follow my heart.. But why is it so hard?

I took a deep breath, trying to stay focused. I have a target coming here. "Just knock on the door and see how he is feeling. You can leave after that." I tried to convince myself. "I can do that. Just knock on the door on three. One, two.. Two and a half.. T.."

I can't. My heart started beating faster and I was getting anxious. Maybe I should just leave? He might be fine and the boys will probably be back soon.. Besides, if he is dating Sumi she might want to be here with him.. Maybe he is waiting for her.

"Don't be such a wimp." I told myself. "Get it together and be the strong person you used to be. In the worst case scenario he will reject you. It already happened in the past, you should know how to deal with it.."

I raised my hand, prepared to knock on the door. Yongguk is sick. I need to check up on him. Just check how he is doing and leave.

"Three." I counted loudly and knocked on the door, holding my breath. No answer. I waited for what seemed like forever and there was still silence. Maybe he is sleeping.. Maybe I should come back later so I won't bother him. He needs to rest.

"Don't you dare running away. You are already here and you've made the first step." my mind continued.

I took another deep breath and knocked on the door again. This time I heard noises from inside. My heart beat faster, if that was even possible, from expectation for the upcoming encounter. I unconsciously straightened my hair with my hands so it won't look messy. I don't want to look bad in front of him..

The door opened and Yongguk stood there, looking bad. He was pale and he seemed weak. He was wearing sweatpants and a sleeveless shirt and he was barefoot. His hair was messy, like he just woke up. He leaned againt the door, probably for support. He looked at me blankly for a moment and his face lit up when he realized it's me.

"Babe.." he whispered. I could feel butterflies in my stomach at the familiar nickname, but I tried to stay focused. I can't be swayed so easily.. I don't know what's the situation between us at the moment.

"Can I come in?" I asked in a barely audible voice.

"Of course." he smiled weakly and moved aside to make room for me to enter. When I was inside he closed the door and I placed the groceries on the kitchen table. I quickly scanned the apartment. I was here only once in Yongguk's birthday party, so it was still new to me. Unlike that day, this time the apartment was messy. There were clothes and fan gifts everywhere. There were playstation remotes on the sofa and the living room table, along with some magazines and comic books. The sofa pillows were all on the floor for some reason, and I even noticed crumbs on the sofa, the table and the floor. The sink was filled with dishes and the garbage can was full. It looks like a guys' dorm indeed.

When I turned my attention back to Yongguk I noticed he was staring at me curiously. Right.. I didn't tell him why I'm here. I cleared my throat awkwardly.

"How are you?" I asked politely.

"Feeling like ."

"I'm sorry.." I mumbled.

"Hyeri, maybe you should go." he said and my heart sank. He doesn't want me here.

"Right.. Sumi will probably be here soon, I don't want to make things awkward." I tried to pretend I'm not hurt.

"Sumi is not coming." he stated, taking me by surprise. Then why is he rejecting me?

"Oh.."

I wanted to say something else but Yongguk disappeared from my sight, rushing down the hallway. I was left utterly confused. Where is he going? Should I wait for him to come back or just leave?

I waited for several minutes and when he didn't come back I decided to do what I came here for and cook some food for him. I opened the fridge out of curiosity and to my surprise it was quite full, mainly with homemade food made by their parents. At least they are eating well..

"Let's get cooking." I told myself and started searching for the needed kitchenware in the different cupboards. I know it's not my home and I know I should have asked for permission, but he just left me hanging. He can't disappear in the middle of our conversation like that.

Time went by and there was still no sign of Yongguk. I decided to make some soup and boiled chicken, along with some rice. When the food was under control on the stove I searched for Yongguk, hoping he didn't collapse or anything.

I entered the hallway, scanning it carefully in search of any sign of Yongguk. I didn't see where exactly he went and I don't feel comfortable intruding other peoples' place and entering their rooms when they're not there. There were several doors in view. I decided to knock on each one, hoping Yongguk will be behind one of them. I passed the doors that seemed like bedroom doors after I didn't recieve an answer when I knocked on them. The only visible door left was the bathroom door. I knocked on it carefully. After several moments Yongguk finally opened the door, looking drained and exhausted. He was pale and a few perspiration droplets decorated his forehead and temples.

"I'm sorry.. You just.. Disappeared." I stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"Didn't you leave?" he asked dryly.

"I made food. When you're done here go lay in bed, I'll bring you food and take care of you."

"I don't need you to take care of me. Just go." I swallowed my saliva and my pride.

"I'm not leaving until I'm making sure you're okay." I declared and returned to the kitchen before he could argue, stating a fact. I was also scared the food will burn if I leave it unattended for too long.

There was silence again and I tried to focus on the food so I won't have to think about Yongguk. Unfortunately, it didn't help as my thoughts and emotions started to surface. It hurt. A lot. I prepared myself for being rejected, but it hurts more than I imagined.

Stupid Sey.. She told me Yongguk wants me back, so why is he pushing me away? Why did she lie to me?

I was cutting some vegetables, letting my anger out on the chopping board and the poor onion in front of me. Tears slipped down my face and I was happy I'm cutting onion and not something else because this way I could explain why I'm crying if Yongguk asks. A part of me wanted him to ask because it means he still cares, but the other part of me knew he wouldn't. He didn't act like he cared since I got here, so why would he care now?

"Ouch." I yelped in pain when the knife landed on my finger instead of the onion, leaving a small cut. Luckily it wasn't too deep since I wasn't using much force, but it still hurt. I placed my finger under the cold water, scolding myself for being so careless and letting my mind wander instead of focusing on cutting the onion.

I made a makeshift bandage and finished preparing the food, leaving it on the kitchen table. When I was done I examined my finger. It was still bleeding. I need a band aid, but will I be able to find one here? I don't know the place and I'm not going to ask Yongguk for help. I tried searching the cupabords but I didn't find anything. I scanned the living room as well, but to no avail. There should be some band aids in the bathroom, but Yongguk is probably still there.. What should I do?

I approached the bathroom once more, hoping Yongguk is actually laying in bed like I asked him to. When I approached the bathroom I heard the water running in the shower. It means Yongguk is still there, so I'll have to wait. I sat down on the floor, my back leaning against the door. I have time.

 

~

 

Yongguk finished taking a shower, happy that the current cycle of diarrhea was over. It will probably come back a few more times until morning, but he is enjoying the short break he got. When he opened the door in order to get out of the room a familiar figure landed on his feet.

"You really never listen to me.." Yongguk sighed while examining Hyeri's sleeping figure. She must have leaned against the door, so when he opened it Hyeri fell backwards because her backreast was no longer there.

"I do. I just couldn't leave you." she mumbled and he couldn't help but smile, a warm feeling filling his body.

Yongguk gently moved Hyeri, placing her so that her body was leaning against the wall in the hallway. He sat next to her on the floor and her head immediately found his shoulder to lean on.

"I'm sorry I can't pick you up and place you on a bed like you deserve, but I'm not really in a position to do that right now.."

"It's okay. I don't mind. You're comfortable." she said and Yongguk chuckled. Her sleep talking never fails to amaze and amuse him.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"You are sick."

"I can take care of myself."

"But I'm worried. You can't get sick.. I get sick as well if you're sick."

"When did you become so cheesy?" he teased.

"There is food on the kitchen table. There is more on the stove if you want a refill. Make sure to rest." Hyeri changed the subject.

"Okay."

Hyeri fell silent and Yongguk took this chance to examine her. He was actually surprised she was still there, but he knows she can be stubborn when she wants to. Still, he didn't expect to see her there even if a part of him hoped she would stay. It's not that he wanted to kick her out, but there were several reasons for his behaviour. First, he had diarrhea and he really didn't want her to see him like that. It's embarrassing and he can't spend a lot of time with her since he has to go to the toilet often. Second, she should rest since she collapsed a couple of days ago and she has schedules. He can take care of himself, so she should rest and recharge in her free time instead of taking care of him. Third, she is not supposed to be there. The boys might come back to the dorm soon and it might be weird. He wasn't worried about being caught because he know the boys won't tell anyone and they can bring girls to their dorm occasionally, but the boys might want to rest and have peace and quiet when they'll get back after a long day of practice. The fourth reason is that he doesn't know where they stand at the moment. He knows he wants her back, that hasn't changed, but he doesn't know what Hyeri wants and the chance she'll tell him how she really feels is not high. He got lucky enough when they were in the studio, and even then she kept rejecting him.

His gaze moved to her body. Not in a erted way, he just searched for visible injuries since he knows she tends to neglect her health even if she injured herself during practice. His eyes landed on a cut on her left forefinger. It wasn't a deep cut but it was still bleeding. He sighed and carefully got up, entering the bathroom again. He opened one of the drawers in the bathroom and took out a band aid. He eyed the box placed there and sighed, acknowledging the fact he won't get to use it anytime soon.

"Don't be a ert. You will get there at some point." Yongguk reminded himself and left the bathroom after closing the drawer, the band aid in his hand. He carefully sat down on the floor next to Hyeri, who still hasn't woken up. He really envies her ability to sleep everywhere and not waking up easily.

"Babe.." Yongguk whispered.

"Hmm?" she stirred in her sleep.

"Wake up."

"I don't want to." she mumbled and buried her face deeper between his shoulder and his neck. "If I'll wake up you'll kick me out."

"I won't." he assured her. At that Hyeri opened one of her eyes, looking at him suspiciously. That made him smile.

"Okay." she said and opened both of her eyes, sitting properly.

"Here." he gave her the band aid in his hand.

"Thanks." she smiled shyly and held it tightly.

"Aren't you going to put it on? Your finger is bleeding.."

"Oh, right.." she mumbled and pulled her finger to her lap, trying to hide it from Yongguk. He found it cute.

"Put it on."

"Thank you." she said and placed the band aid on her finger, wrapping the cut.

"How did you get it?" he asked curiously.

"I was cutting onion."

"You're so reckless sometimes.. What were you daydreaming about?"

"You." she admitted, burying her gaze on the floor. Yongguk grinned. It made him happy knowing that she still thinks about him, whether is was good thoughts or bad ones.

"What did you think?"

"That you are being mean." she answered and Yongguk frowned. He was mean to her when she got here, but it wasn't his intention.

"I'm going to heat the food, it's probably cold now. Go lay in bed, I'll bring it to you there." Hyeri said while standing up, dusting her clothes. Before he could say something else, she disappeared from his sight.

 

~

 

"Food. I just need to heat it up and make sure he eats. After that I can leave. I don't want to be a nuisance." I told myself while heating up the food. When it was ready I placed everything on a tray and carried it to Yongguk's room. Luckily he left the door to his room open because I didn't remember which one of the rooms was his. When I entered the room he was laying in bed, his phone in his hands.

"I brought food." I stated and he nodded, placing his phone on the nightstand near his bed. I placed the tray carefully in his lap and took a chair to sit next to his bed. I didn't want to sit on Himchan's bed since it would have been weird.

"Feed me." Yongguk asked, taking me by surprise. Well, he is sick.. I should help him when he struggles.

I carefully took the spoon and filled it with soup. I blew on it to cool it and moved the spoon to Yongguk's mouth. He opened his mouth and I pushed the spoon inside carefully.

"Your cooking skills are awesome." Yongguk complimented after swallowing.

"Thanks." I blushed and filled the spoon again, trying to keep myself busy. Not keeping busy means staring at him and staring at him means falling deeper into his trap, and I wasn't sure I could get out of it this time. I'm already struggling to forget him as it is, I'm not going to ruin the progress I made for nothing.

"Your future husband will be lucky." he said and I froze. Why is he bringing it up out of nowhere?

"I don't want to get married."

"Why? You weren't against it in the past.." Yongguk said, remembering the last time we talked about the subject.

"I changed my mind. I don't think I can make someone else happy, so I think it's useless." I said dryly and placed the spoon in front of his mouth, waiting for him to eat. If he eats he won't talk.

"You are making me happy." he stated. Why is he playing with me? Stop luring me in if you don't really mean it.

"Just eat." I shoved the spoon into his mouth, ignoring what he said and the warm feeling in my stomach. I'm not falling for it again.

"You should be nice to sick people, you know.." he said after eating.

"You don't seem sick." I claimed. "And if you are feeling well I should go."

"When will you stop running away when it's getting uncomfortable for you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes you do."

"It's getting late." I changed the subject, looking for a way out. It wasn't supposed to be like this.

"Then stay over. The boys wouldn't mind." he didn't budge.

"What do you want from me?" I sighed.

"Your true feelings."

"So you could crush them again?" I exclaimed.

"That wasn't my intention.." he said quietly.

"It doesn't matter. I gave you my heart and the only thing you did in return was breaking it to pieces." I tried to stop the tears from falling.

"I'm sorry."

"I should go." I stood up.

"Stay." he grabbed my hand.

"Stop hurting me." tears fell down my cheeks and I quickly wiped them with my free hand. I could feel his gaze burning holes in my back and it made me feel uncomfortable. I need to get out of here.

"I won't. Just give me another chance."

"Can you put the pieces back together?" I asked, finally looking at him. I was still crying, but it didn't matter.

"I can try."

"It's not good enough." I released my hand from his grip and left the room.

When I reached the kitchen I grabbed my things, ready to leave. It's getting late as it is and I already finished my mission, so I have no reason to stay here longer.

I was about to leave when I heard a loud thud. It came from Yongguk's room. I rushed over there, panicked.

When I entered the room the food was scattered all over the floor, along with the tray. Yongguk laid on the floor, close to his bed. His eyes were closed and he breathed heavily.

"Oppa.." I rushed over to him, worried. "Are you okay?"

"I was dizzy.." he breathed heavily.

"Why did you get out of bed? You should rest.."

"I wanted to go after you, but my body couldn't handle it.."

"You are such an idiot.." I scolded. "Don't do stupid things like that. Your health is the most important thing."

"I won't if you'll stay." he mumbled, his breathing getting heavier. This is not good..

"Are you hurt somewhere?" I asked, inspecting his face and his body for bruises and injuries.

"Just dizzy.."

"Do you want me to bring you something?"

"No."

I searched the room until my eyes landed on the pillows on his bed. I quickly grabbed one.

"Lift your head a little." I ordered and he obeyed. I placed the pillow under his head so he'll be comfortable. I also checked his forehead for fever, and luckily there was none. "Is it better now?"

"Yes."

"Stay here for a bit, I'll clean up the mess. Don't try to get up on your own." he nodded and I started picking up the fallen utensils.

I came back to the room to clean everything. I worked fast and diligently. From time to time I glanced at Yongguk, who closed his eyes and seemed like he was sleeping. I just hope one of the boys gets back here soon so he could help me lift Yongguk up and place him back on the bed.

I tried to ignore the guilt rushing over me from making him stand up, resulting in him being in this situation now. I'm so useless.. I just made his condition worse instead of improving it.

"My husband will be miserable.. I can't even take care of you properly." I mumbled while staring at Yongguk.

I got back to my senses fast and finished cleaning. Now the only thing left was the sleeping Yongguk. Maybe I should try and move him myself? His bed is not that far from us so it shouldn't be that hard, right?

"I can do that." I convinced myself.

"Oppa.." I nudged Yongguk's arm softly.

"Hmm?" he groaned.

"Can you open your eyes?" I asked and he nodded, opening his eyes and staring at me. I love his eyes so much..

"I'm going to try and move you, but I might need your help. Can you sit up or are you still dizzy?"

"I'm fine." he said and settled himself in a sitting position. I placed the pillow back on his bed and turned to Yongguk again.

"When I count to three we'll try to stand up, okay? Lean on me and we'll try to move to the bed. It's just for a moment because the bed is close."

"Okay." he said weekly.

"One, two, three." I said and stood up. I grabbed Yongguk's arm, pulling him up to his feet. I wrapped his other arm around my waist so he could lean on me. He rested his head on my shoulder and hugged me tightly. I adjusted his hold on me a bit so he'll be leaning on me completely. He was heavy, but it didn't matter.

I started dragging him with me to the bed. I dropped him on his bed but I lost my balance in the process and fell on top of him. That can't be good.. I can't be too close to him like that.. I won't be able to handle it. I know that if we'll stay like this my walls will break one by one, leaving me vulnerable.

I tried to get up but Yongguk held me in place.

"I'm heavy, you should let me get up." I said.

"You'll leave if I release you." he said while staring at me. I tore my gaze away, afraid I'll get lost in his eyes if I keep looking at it.

"I won't leave."

"Then lay next to me."

"On your bed?" I asked, bewildered.

"Yes. Both of us can fit here."

"Himchan might come back." I reasoned.

"He'll sleep in a different room. He owes me for all the times he brought Sey here.."

"Okay." I mumbled and laid next to him. What am I doing?

He grabbed my hand, putting mine in his. I didn't pull away because I loved the feeling. I missed it so much.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked and he nodded.

"I should go get you some water and maybe more soup? You barely ate."

"I'm fine. I only need you next to me." Yongguk said and buried his face in my neck. It was tickling but a smile slowly appeared on my face.

We stayed like this for a while. I thought he fell asleep because he was silent, but suddenly he started sniffing me, inhaling my scent.

"I missed your scent." he mumbled as he took another deep breath, inhaling as much as he can from the intoxicating scent.

I felt my cheeks heat up. I stared at our entwined hands. Maybe I should just confess.. We are already here and it might be my last chance to do it.

I lifted our entwined hands, bringing them closer to my face. I planted a soft kiss on the back of his hand and placed our hands back on the bed, between the two of us. Yongguk looked curiously at me and I could see he was confused. This is my chance.

"Just say it.." I told myself.

"My hand fits perfectly in yours." the words left my mouth on their own and I scolded myself for being this stupid. That is not what I wanted to say. Is this really the best I can do?

Yongguk smiled. "Because you fit perfectly with me."

"Oppa.."

"Just give me a chance, please?" he pleaded. "I can't promise you to put the pieces back together, but I'm going to try my best. I'll treat you like a princess. I want to make you happy."

My heart beat faster and I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. It feels so unreal hearing him saying that since I thought he doesn't want me anymore.

"I'm tired of getting hurt." I mumbled.

"I won't hurt you. You know that."

"I don't know anything anymore."

"Yes you do." Yongguk said, staring intently at me. I bit my lips. He looked sincere and something tells me that he will never hurt me, but my brain tells me that I'm going to get hurt again.

"What does your heart tells you to do?" he asked when he saw that I'm hesitating.

"To date you." I whispered and a big grin appeared on his face.

"Thank you." he planted a soft kiss on my forehead. "Thank you." another kiss on my nose. "Thank you." he kissed my lips.

"I love you." he said and I froze. These words again..

"I'm going to wait patiently until you'll love me back." Yongguk smiled and kissed my nose gently when he noticed I stiffened under him.

"You better.." I muttered and wrapped my hands around his nape, pulling him closer to me. I missed him so much.

He planted a soft kiss on my lips, smiling. I smiled as well and kissed him back, deepening the kiss. We kissed until his digestive system interrupted us.

"I'm sorry.." he apologized, embarrassed. He looked so cute.

"It's fine. Your health comes first." I smiled warmly, trying to reassure him.

"I'll be right back." he said and went to the toilet.

 

~

 

"I wonder where Hyeri is.." Yujin said, looking at Hyeri's empty bed.

"She is probably practicing." Eun Hee said.

"But she told me she didn't have other things to do after 'The Show'.." Yujin insisted.

"I'm sure she is in good hands." Eun Hee smiled.

"She is an adult. She can take care of herself." Sumi said while entering the bedrrom.

"Do you have to be so mean?" Yujin asked.

"Yes. If she can't handle it she should leave."

"You are being too much."

 

~

 

I was waiting patiently until Yongguk came back. When it took him longer than I thought I walked around the apartment, trying to clean it up a little without touching the boys' belongings. I cleared the crumbs and the garabge, did the dishes and tried to fold the clothes proeprly. I also put the pillows in their rightful place on the couch and arranged the magazines and comics books in a pile on the table in the living room. When the apartment was more presentable I smiled, admiring my work.

"Here you are.." Yongguk emerged from the hallway. "I was scared you left."

"I'm not leaving you again." I smiled. "Are you feeling better? You should rest."

"I'm fine."

"Let's get you in bed." I said and approached him, leading him back to his room.

Both of us settled in his bed comfortably. I tried not to lean on him because I didn't want to worsen his condition.

"I'm really happy that you are here." he said, kissing the top of my head.

"I'm happy too." I admitted, smiling brightly.

We cuddled until Yongguk recieved a message. When he opened it he frowned.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"Look." he showed me the screen. It was a text from Himchan:

 

"I hope you are having a nice time with Hyeri :)

I'm sorry, but I might be the reason you are laying in bed at the moment and spending most of the day in the bathroom..

You can kill me afterwards, but I had to do something to make Hyeri react.

Me and the boys will be back late and I'll sleep with Jongup and Youngjae, so you'll have the house and the room for yourselves.

Have fun and don't do something I wouldn't do ;)"

 

"That idiot.." I growled. "I'm going to kill him."

"Babe.."

"You are sick because of him. I don't care if he had a good intention, he made you suffer."

"I'm fine."

"Stop protecting him!" I glared at Yongguk. "I don't care if he is your best friend, he can't do whatever he wants."

"We are back together thanks to him." he reminded me.

"Still.." I pouted. "I don't like the fact you're suffering because of him."

"Cute." Yongguk grinned and wrapped his arms around me.

"Don't change the subject. He is an idiot."

"How about we stop talking about him and focus on us?" Yongguk offered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I want to talk about Sumi and explain." he said and my heart sank. I don't think I can handle this conversation at the moment.. I'm too scared to hear the truth.

"Let's talk about it when you'll feel better." I offered, hoping he will agree.

"I want to clear all the misuderstandings between us so we could start anew."

"We will clear everything when you're not sick."

"Fine." Yongguk sighed, not wanting to start an argument.

"Thank you." I snuggled closer to Yongguk. "You should rest."

"I'm not tired."

"Then how about we'll watch a movie or something?" I offered.

"Sounds great."

 

~

 

Hyeri brought his computer to his bed and they watched a war movie, Yongguk's favorite genre. Yongguk was absorbed in the movie when he felt a weight on his shoulder. When he looked down, he saw Hyeri fell asleep. He smiled and moved the hair covering her face.

"Are you real?" she mumbled in her sleep. Yongguk chuckled and stopped the movie so he can focus on Hyeri.

"If I'm not real, then what am I?"

"A dream.. Something I wanted but I can't get in real life."

"I am real." he assured her and a big grin appeard on her face, warming his heart. He loves seeing her smiling face. He wished he could see it every day and that she will always smile because of him.

"Then don't leave me again. If I push you away, don't listen to me. I didn't really mean it."

"Okay."

"Promise.." she whined and Yongguk chuckled, finding it cute.

"Here." he said and took her pinky finger, entwining it with his. "Pinky promise."

The pout on Hyeri's face changed into a relieved smile.

"Sleep well, my love." Yongguk said and placed a kiss on Hyeri's forehead, returning back to the movie.

 

~

 

I woke up because my neck hurt. When I looked around me I realized why - I was leaning my head on Yongguk's shoulder, so my neck was twisted the whole night. I like that position and I like being close to Yongguk, but it's bad falling asleep like this.

A smile appeared on my face as I watched Yongguk. He was sleeping soundly and he seemed better today. The color was back on his face and looked better in general, less exhausted.

I checked the time - 4:44 AM. At least I'm not late to any schedule..

I kissed Yongguk's cheek and carefully got out of bed, trying not to wake him up. I assume the boys are home, sleeping, so I need to be quiet and not make too much noise. They need to rest.

I tiptoed my way to the kitchen. I still had time, so I decided to make breakfast for the boys. I made each one his favorite food and even made deserts for them. When I finished I only had one thing left to do.

 

~

 

Yongguk woke up, automatically stretching his hand in search of Hyeri. When he found nothing he looked at the space next to him, only to find it empty. She left.

He frowned and got out of bed, heading to the kitchen. If she is stil here, her things should be there.

"Good morning, hyung." Daehyun just left his room.

"Morning."

"Did you have a nice time with Hyeri yesterday?"

"I did." Yongguk smiled and Daehyun found himself smiling as well. It's nice seeing Yongguk in a good mood.

"Did you use the room well?" Daehyun smirked.

"Shut up." Yongguk hissed and continued walking to the kitchen, followed by Daehyun.

"Wow.." Daehyun exclaimed as he examined the kitchen table. He wasn't sure when was the last time the table was this full and smelled so good. Hyeri is indeed amazing.

"Stop drooling.." Yongguk smacked Daehyun's head.

"Good morning." the other boys joined, each going out of his respective room, stoping in front of the kitchen table.

"When did she do all that?" Zelo asked, amazed.

"I'm not sure.." Yongguk mumbled, rubbing his nape awkwardly.

"My stomach is happy that you two are back together. I missed Hyeri's cooking." Daehyun smiled.

"Get your own girlfriend to cook for you, don't take advantage of mine." Yongguk growled.

"Are you jealous?" Himchan teased, catching the slight annoyance in Yongguk's voice.

"No. Just don't use her."

"I'm really happy you are back together, hyung." Youngjae said.

"Me too." Jongup said and the other boys agreed. Yongguk smiled shyly.

"Let's eat." Yongguk said and the boys took their places near the table. They slowly revealed the food prepared for them. It smells even better up close.

The table was set and each plate had an handwritten note from Hyeri. They read the notes, smiling.

"What the hell?" Himchan frowned while reading his.

"What is it?" Youngjae asked curiously and Himchan showed him the note - "I put laxatives in your food. Enjoy your meal :)".

The boys started laughing while Himchan pouted.

"Serves you right." Yongguk teased.

"I'll eat it if you're scared." Daehyun said and grabbed Himchan's plate.

"Leave it." Himchan glared at Daehyun. She can't be serious, right?

"As you wish.." Daehyun trailed off.

"Hyeri noona is the best!" Zelo exclaimed as he took a big bite from his food.

"What did your note say?" Jongup asked curiously.

"Grow up well, giant baby. You need to eat a lot." Zelo read his note out loud.

"Look at Jongup's plate!" Youngjae commented, and the boys turned their attention to the colorful plate. It had the food shaped like Olaf, Pikachu and Psyduck, Jongup's favorites. Yongguk stared at it, grinning from ear to ear. He loves the fact that Hyeri is taking care of the boys as well and not only him. He might be jealous that he has to share part of her with them, but he likes the fact she cares and tries to make them happy as well because they are important to him.

"It's so pretty.. You should take a picture of it." Himchan said and Jongup took out his phone, capturing the plate before it gets eaten. Later he uploaded it online, not revealing who made it for him.

"Obviously Yongguk has hearts on his.." Daehyun teased, eyeing Yongguk's plate.

"What did she write in your note?" Zelo asked.

"That's probably personal, don't be rude." Youngjae elbowed Zelo.

Yongguk read his note quietly - "You are not the only one caring in our relationship. It might take a while, but I'll show you I care as well. I'm trying to be a better girlfriend but I'm inexperienced, so please be patient with me. Enjoy your food <3".

His face fell. He remembers when he said that, but he was just angry that she kept pushing him away and hiding things from him. It wasn't his intention to make her feel like that. She is an amazing girlfriend and he knows she cares. Heck, she took care of him yesterday and even made the boys happy with this breakfast. It's ridiculous to say she doesn't care about him or the boys because her care shows in everything she does. Who whould make a pokemon shaped food for Jongup? He would have been happy with any kind of food, but she made the extra effort to prepare something he loves.

Hyeri's note saddened him. He doesn't want her to adjust herself for him, he wants her to be herself because he loves her just the way she is. There should be an adjustments made by both of them since it's like that in every relationship, but she shouldn't try to change for him and forget about herself just because of him.

"Is everything okay?" Himchan asked, noticing Yongguk's mood dropping.

"Everything is fine." Yongguk tried to smile. "Thanks for getting us back together."

"It was my pleasure."

 


 

Author's Note:

 

I'm back :)

It's a long chapter (probably my longest until now) because I'm sorry for keeping you waiting for so long.

I have a two weeks vacation now, so I should be able to update more often :)

 

I hope you enjoyed the chapter because I enjoyed writing it.

 

Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, etc.

 

M.