Chapter 65

Masks

I sat on the ground, crying my heart out. Yongguk was in the CEO's office with Jinu and his manager and everyone else started to disperse. I stayed there by myself, letting the tears fall on my face and my clothes. I hugged my knees to my chest, closing my eyes.

"Hey.." I felt someone sit next to me. I thought everyone already left, but I guess I was wrong. I lifted my eyes slowly and saw Jongup sitting next to me, smiling.

"If you want to talk about Yongguk then leave, I'm not intrested." I said dryly.

"I don't."

"Then what are you doing here?"

"It just looks like you need some company.. I'm here if you want to talk." he smiled. Why is he always smiling like he doesn't have any problems? I wish I could be like that as well.. Instead, I'm always crying, whether it's serious or not.

"Thanks.." I smiled weakly. I closed my eyes again, still crying. We didn't talk but he stayed there, just in case I need something. I was thankful for that. I'm also thankful for the fact he didn't pressure me to talk or anything and just stayed there. It didn't seem like it bothered him that I didn't talk.

"Noona.." Jongup suddenly said, breaking the silence.

"What is it?" I looked at him, wiping the tears from my face.

"You are not fat. Don't listen to that idiot, he doesn't know what he is talking about. Do you know how many guys asked us about you when you were our backup dancer? And when you did the song with Yongguk hyung as well.. Yongguk hyung is just guarding you like your'e a national treasure, so he didn't let any of the guys get near you." I blushed from his compliment, but I still frowned at the mention of Yongguk.

"Thanks, Uppie." I tried to smile.

"Don't be too harsh on yourself, you are doing great." he patted my back lightly.

"I don't feel like I'm doing great." I sighed.

"You are. You know Clara hate girls, and even she said you are great. You made the impossible happen."

"Thank you."

"For what? I didn't do anything." he smiled innocently.

"You did a lot."

"If you want to cry, you can always find me. I promise not to tell hyung."

"Thanks, Jongup." I smiled.

"No problem, noona." he said and got up. I was left alone again, but I wasn't crying anymore.

 

~

 

"What the hell?" The CEO continued scolding Yongguk. Yongguk just stood there quietly, letting the CEO vent his anger.

"First of all, why were you even there? You are not supposed to disturb their practice." The CEO asked, glaring at Yongguk.

"That was my fault. They had my permission to do it." Jinu said. "It was just a short break, so I figured it will be fine.."

"This thing can't happen again." the CEO turned to glare at Jinu. "Rules are rules."

"Alright." Jinu said.

"Yongguk, why did you hit Matt?"

"He was rude." Yongguk stated.

"To who?"

"To Hyeri.." he said quietly.

"Not again.." The CEO sighed. "I thought I told you to stay away from her.. You can't date."

"They are not dating." Jinu stated. B.A.P's manager gave Jinu a sly smile, but the CEO didn't notice it since he was glaring at Yongguk furiously.

"Yongguk, if you are not dating, why do you care if he is rude to her? It's not your problem."

"I care about her." Yongguk looked down, moving his feet nervously.

"That's not an excuse." The CEO said dryly. "You are not a violent person.. What happened to you?"

"That guy was bulling Hyeri repeatedly, why aren't you doing anything about that?" Yongguk raised his voice, annoyed.

"She never complained about it." the CEO shrugged.

"How is that an excuse? Watch their practice for five minutes and you'll see something is wrong over there."

"That's not your job to decide that." Yongguk stayed quiet. "Go apologize to Matt." The CEO ordered.

"No."

"Excuse me?"

"I said I'm not apologizing. I'll apologize to him when he'll apologize to Hyeri." Yongguk glared at the CEO.

"Forget about public appearances for the time being and your salary is being cut. You are paying for Matt's compensation and a fine for not listening to your superior's orders."

"Fine with me." he shrugged. He didn't care about the money and he doesn't have schedules right now anyway, so the punishment is not that bad. The most important is Hyeri, and he is not going to apologize for something he believed in.

"And if I catch you near Hyeri again she will be expelled, got it?"

"That's not fair!" Yongguk protested. "Why is she getting punished for something I did?"

"You should have thought about it in the first place, before getting her in trouble. If you are not dating, avoiding her shouldn't be a problem for you."

Yongguk looked at Jinu, looking for help, but the older male only gave him an apologetic look.

"Now go. Managers, stay here. We need to talk."

 

~

 

I searched for an empty practice room so I can practice in it. It's the most useful thing to do right now and dancing also distracts me from thinking about Yongguk. I just reached the second floor when Yongguk came from the other side of the hallway, standing in front of me.

"Go away." I said dryly, glaring at him.

"We have a problem."

"I don't care." I turned to leave when he grabbed my arm.

"Let's talk." he stared intently at me.

"Why? So you can do whatever you want without listening to me again?"

"Let me explain."

"I'm not intrested. Now let me go before I scream." I tried to release my arm from his grip, but he held me tighter.

"Scream. You are not scaring me." he glared at me

"You have sixty seconds to talk. Don't waste it." I finally released myself.

"Let's talk in the studio." he started walking and I followed him.

"The walk is included in the time you are given." I stated.

"Fine with me." he opened the door for me and I went inside. I didn't notice he locked the door and put the key in his jeans pocket.

"Talk." I said dryly.

"If the CEO catch us together again you are going to get kicked out."

"Okay. Anything else?" I asked impatiently.

"You don't care?" he questioned.

"No. At least now you'll have to stay away from me, since when I ask you to stay away you always keep coming back.."

"I am supposed to be mad at you, not the other way around." he shot.

"As far as I remember, I asked you not to do anything about Matt, and what did you do?"

"If you were listening to me in the first place it wouldn't have happened!" he raised his voice.

"WHY SHOULD I LISTEN TO YOU? IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!" I yelled at him. He is not the only one that can raise hie voice.. I can do that as well.

"YOU ARE MY GIRLFRIEND, OF COURSE IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH ME!" he yelled back. "I CAN'T WATCH HIM TORTURE YOU WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT!"

"DON'T YELL AT ME!"

"I'LL STOP YELLING WHEN YOU'LL STOP YELLING!"

"I'm out." I stated and tried to open the door. It was locked. I looked at Yongguk, who smiled mischievously at me. I stomped my feet, utterly annoyed. I decided to let my anger out in a different way and lifted my right leg, aiming for a specific place in his body. I mirrored the smile he had on his face just seconds ago.

"Oh no! You are not going to hit me." he said when he realized what I'm going to do. "At least let me get some shelter first." he said while protecting his crotch with his hands and trying to look for somewhere to hide.

"Open the door." I said while getting closer to him in a threatening way.

"No. You'll leave if I open it, and we need to talk." he took a pillow, using it as a shield. It's not very usefull, but it's the only thing he could find at the moment.

"Your choice." I shrugged and lifted my leg again, preparing to kick.

"Babe, you can hit me as much as you want, but please don't hurt that area.. I want to have kids in the future." Yongguk tried to reason.

"It's not my problem." I stepped forward, getting closer to him.

"What if we'll get married? You'll want kids from me." he said while moving backwards, getting further away from me.

"That's not a problem.. I'll just marry someone that can have kids." I smiled.

"Even if we won't get married, you are still going to be affected from it as well.. I mean, you'll want to have good , right? I won't be able to satisfy you if you hurt this part of my body." he tried again, with a different excuse. My face heated.

"Don't use that word." I said.

"What word? ?" he asked, amused.

"That word." I repeated.

"Why?" he asked, still going backwards. This time he hit the wall. "Are you embarrassed talking about ?" he emphasized the last word on purpose.

"Yes. And the more you use that word the longer you'll have to wait for it to actually happen." I threatened.

"At least it means it will happen someday." he smiled. "Your'e not planning to dump me any longer?"

"Shut up. I'm still thinking about dumping you, don't flatter youself."

"Babe.." he got closer to me, wrapping his hands around my waist.

"I'm mad at you." I stated, staring into his eyes. That was a mistake, since my heart started beating faster, distracting me from my initial plan.

"You'll forgive me." he stated and kissed me. I tried to resist him, but after a few moments I cooperated and kissed him back.

"You still messed up." I mumbled while he moved to kiss my neck.

"I know, but so did you, so we are even." he mumbled between kisses.

"Stop distracting me. You are using foul methods to convince me."

"But it works." he was my neck right now. I'm pretty sure it will leave marks..

"I'm still mad."

"I know, but not for long." he moved to a different spot, and now I was trying not to moan loudly. He can't find out I'm enjoying it right now since we are still fighting. My mind keeps telling me it's wrong and that I need to get away from him since I'm still mad but my body just reacts on it's own and keeps getting closer to Yongguk, wanting more.

"Let's talk." I pulled away. My mind won this battle. "We need to figure things out."

"Fine." he sighed, tucking his hands in his pockets.

 

~

 

"They are dating, aren't they?" the CEO asked Jinu.

"Why would you think that?" Jinu asked innocently.

"Don't lie to me!" the CEO slammed a bunch of papers onto the table, startling Jinu and B.A.P's manager. "Yongguk doesn't give a damn about the other girls.. only Hyeri can get some reaction out of him, and he is really losing it because of her."

"Sorry.." Jinu looked down, embarrassed. They got busted, and he can't do anything about it.

"How are you managing your girls? I think I made it clear enough they have a dating ban. All of them. You are not new to this job, you should know this by now."

"Sorry.."

"And you.." The CEO turned to B.A.P's manager. "Make sure your boys stop bugging the girls. If they don't spend time together they won't fall in love. I don't want any more problems in that aspect."

"Yes, sir."

"Sir.." Jinu said quietly.

"Yes?" the CEO asked.

"What about Hyeri and Yongguk?"

"I know we can't really control them, but please make sure they don't get caught. It will be a mess if they are discovered. Our official stance is that they are not supposed to date."

"What if we catch Yongguk with Hyeri?" B.A.P's manager asked. "You did warn him.."

"We can't really kick her out, so we will move to plan B. They need to think I'm serious about it, or else they will do whatever they want in the future as well. They can't take my word lightly."

"Yes, sir."

 

~

 

"Why did you hit him?" I asked Yongguk. Both of us were sitting on the couch, facing each other.

"He annoyed me."

"That's not an excuse."

"I didn't like what he did with the sandwich and the way he treated you."

"I was fine. I told you I can handle him."

"I don't care. No one treats my girl like that."

"But I asked you not to do anything!" I glared at him.

"Are you fine being treated like this?" he questioned.

"Yes."

"Why are you taking his side?" Yongguk got annoyed.

"I'm not. I'm just mad you are not listening to me."

"Seriously.." he sighed. "Why can't you understand my point of view?"

"I understand your point of view, I just don't agree with it.. I'm doing this for you as well. I don't want you to get in trouble because of me. It's not worth it."

"Remember the warehouse?" Yongguk asked.

"Yes.. What does it have to do with this subject?" I asked confused.

"You hit Zico and his friends to help me, even though it was my problem."

"But it was related to me as well. Besides, you looked like you needed help, and I'm protective of people I care about." I pouted.

"I know you are." he caressed my cheek. "But it's just the same. I didn't want you to get involved in this thing becuase it was my problem, but you still helped me regardless." I stayed quiet, thinking about what he said. "Now look at the situation with Matt.. You were in trouble and I helped you because I couldn't watch you struggling without doing anything about it."

"But.."

"But what?" he sighed. "Babe, I know you care about me and you only want the best for me, but it's mutual. I don't care if I get in trouble because of it because I wanted to do it. "

"I hate this situation." I admitted.

"I know. I hate it as well."

"Don't yell at me again, it's scary." a tear made it's way down my cheek.

"Alright, I promise." he gently wiped my tears. "I'm sorry I yelled. I didn't mean it."

"I'm sorry I got mad and I'm sorry for yelling and for trying to hit you."

"I know." he patted my head, smiling lovingly. "Just don't aim for my essential organs next time?"

"Alright." I smiled weakly.

"Great." he got closer to me, holding my face in his hands. "You are not mad at me anymore?" I shook my head.

"I'm sorry.." I mumbled.

"I know. Next time, let's talk about everything and figure things out nicely like now, okay?"

"Okay."

"I missed you." he hugged me tightly.

"I missed you too." I hugged him back.

 


 

Author's Note:

 

I'm sorry it's crappy, my inspiration ran away :\

Next chapter is more amusing, I promise! (Hint - B.A.P's manager.)

 

I think I should send Hyeri to an anger management workshop :P

Luckily Yongguk knows how to handle her (and how to ..)

 

A short explenation about the thing with CEO since I'm not sure if it was clear enough:

Basically, the CEO doesn't care about them dating, it's just that it's bad for business (you know how dating scandals affect people in this industry..) and they have a contract they need to keep (the girls, at least).

He wants the best for them, but he also wants them to keep the rules and take his words seriously, so he is just helping them behind the scenes without them knowing about it.

The managers are the same - they try to protect their idols as much as they can, but they can't go against their boss (the CEO).

 

Thanks for reading, commenting, etc.. It means a lot to me!

 

M.