Chapter 32

Masks

Day 11:

I woke up from my aching body. I opened my eyes and looked around. Jinu's office. Right, me and Yongguk refused to talk to each other, and we just stayed there. I guess all of us just fell asleep at some point..

I looked around the room. It was dark and I could tell from looking outside the window that it was night. I was sitting on the floor with my back leaning against the wall. No wonder my back and neck hurt, this position is not comfortable.

I noticed Yongguk's head was resting on my left shoulder. His eyes were closed and he breathed evenly. Looks like he was sleeping soundly. I examined his features. The room was still dark, but my eyes was starting to adjust to the darkness. Up close, Yongguk is even more handsome. Like Himchan like to say about himself - Pictures just can't capture all of his beauty. A small smile formed on my face. I looked at the sleeping Yongguk again. He looks so cute sleeping like that.

"No, he is not cute. He can't be cute. He is just a bad guy." I scolded myself.

I fought the urge to touch his face and run my hand through his hair. Instead, I tried to strech my legs, focusing on my aching body. This is the last time I'm falling asleep like that.

I kept looking around the room and I noticed Jinu sleeping to my right. His head was resting against the wall, just like I slept. His eyes were closed, and his mouth slightly open. He is sleeping soundly as well.

At that moment I felt a movement on my left. Yongguk stirred in his sleep. I thought he would wake up so I closed my eyes, pretending to sleep. Seconds after, I felt a hand around my waist. I waited a little, making sure he was still sleeping, before opening my eyes. He was still sleeping, hugging me in his sleep. I should have pushed him away, but instead I just smiled like an idiot, enjoying his embrace and the warmth radiating from his body. It felt good. You are an idiot, Hyeri. A complete idiot.

"What time is it?" Jinu mumbled, trying to wake up.

"I don't know." I whispered, trying not to wake Yongguk. "Did I wake you up?"

"No." Jinu whispered as well, and checked his watch. "2:3O AM. Go back to sleep, we need to wake up at 5."

"Good night, sleep well." I smiled, althogh I didn't know if he could see it because it was so dark.

"Go sleep on the couch, your back will hurt." He pointed on the empty couch in the room.

"It's ok, I don't want to wake him up." I whispered. He didn't say anything, and I sssumed he just went back to sleep.

"Hyeri.." Jinu called after a while.

"What?"

"You know, he acts different around you.."

"What kind of different?" I asked curious.

"It's like he is more.. Alive. he used to be like a robot that doesn't interact much and don't really show his feelings to people who are not B.A.P, but things changed. Now he is more human and less a robot."

I thought about it a little. Maybe he has a point.. When I got here I only knew his image, but his image was just like he was in real life. It did take him time to interact with me, and he didn't seem that friendly with the other girls either.. He was mainly with B.A.P from what I saw. I can be mistaken, but it does seem like he is less closed off lately, although I don't know if I'm really the reason for that. Beside, he used to be very calm and level headed, but lately he just snap at me almost every time he see me. Did I have a bad influence on him?

"Earth to Hyeri.." Jinu said while waving his hands in front of my face. Right, I forgot he was waiting for some kind of reaction.

"What?"

"I don't know what happened between the two of you, but please don't hurt him. He looks tough, but he is really sensitive and he tends to keep his problems to himself and close down to people even if they want to help him. He is a good guy, don't hurt him too much and don't make him go back to his closed self, I like the current him more." He put his left hand on my right shoulder.

"I'll try." I said quietly. At that moment Yongguk moved again, adjusting his head on my left shoulder, making himself more comfortable. Me and Jinu looked at him and smiled.

"By the way.." Jinu started talking again, and I looked at him, waiting for him to continue. "You look good together, you make a cute couple." He smiled. Luckily it was dark, because my face became red from blushing. "Now go back to sleep, princess. We have a long day today." He patted my head.

I leaned my head back against the wall, closing my eyes and trying to fall asleep again.

 

I opened my eyes when I heard someone laughing. The first thing I noticed is that my head was leaning on Yongguk's head, who was still resting on my left shoulder. My hand was inside his, and our fingers were laced together. I moved my head quickly, which caused Yongguk to wake up as well. We stared at each other confused, and I withdrew my hand from his quickly, leaving him even more confused than before.

"Good morning, love birds." I heard Jinu's voice. So he was the one laughing earlier.. I looked outside the window, noticing the sun was up by now.

"I guess youv'e made up?" B.A.P's manager asked. He was standing mext to Jinu, both of them looking at us and smiling.

"No." Me and Yongguk said toghether and stood up, adjusting our clothes.

"Will one of you please get rid of your stupid pride and get over with it? You know you want to spend your time together nicely.." Jinu said.

"I have nothing to apologize for since it isn't my fault." I said, and Yongguk rolled his eyes.

"Can't we just stay in dreamland? They seemed to get along pretty well there.." B.A.P's manager sighed.

"Only in dreamland." I muttered.

"Here, change clothes. It doesn't look good if both of you wear the same clothes from yesterday, and we don't want rumors to start going around." B.A.P's manager said and gave us paper bags with new clothes inside them.

"Go change and fresh up a little and be here in ten minutes, we have a long day ahead of us." Jinu said.

"Are you going with us today?" I asked while yawning. It was definietly not enough sleep.

"Unfortunately it's my turn babysitting you today since B.A.P's manager need to be with Himchan, so behave well and don't fight with each other." Me and Yongguk rolled our eyes after his remark and went change.

 

Luckily, Youngjae rode the car with us since he is MCing "Music Bank" today. I think that Jinu was the happiest one from this arrangement since he didn't have to spend the time with me and Yongguk not talking to each other and walking on egg shells.

Youngjae looked a little awkward at first between the two of us, but afterwards he just kept talking about random stuff and we answered him.

At the broadcast he teased Yongguk a little about his song, and he made sure to mention I'm a trainee from their company and that I'm going to debut soon with other four girls.. So nice of him to mention it. He is a good MC since he talks a lot and he can improvise fast.

At the meantime, me and Yongguk ars only talking to each other when it's work related. We keep it strictly professional. I guess both of us need some time to cool down and gather out thoughts and feelings..

 

Day 13:

"What are you wearing?" Yongguk examing me from head to toe.

"A dress." I stated the obvious.

"You look like one of these girls that sell they body.."

"Thanks. I like the way your'e dressed too." I said sarcastically.

"Change your clothes, it's too short and too revealing." Yongguk ordered. 

"I got it from the stylist, and I'm not changing it." I crossed my hands over my chest. It's true that the dress was a little too tight and a little too short and I felt uncomfortable wearing it, but I'm not going to let him tell me what to do. I have my pride, and he is in no position to order me around.

"Are you really comfortable with this dress?" He questioned, staring at me intently.

"Yes." I said confidently.

"I'm going to find the stylist so you'll get new clothes, your'e not performing like that." He stated. "Wear this for now." He took off his jacked and put it on me, closing the zipper. Now I was well covered. He is such a gentelman.. Hyeri, get a grip. It's not the time to think about it, you should be mad.

 

Yongguk left to find the stylist, and I stayed there and waited for them. different thoughts just kept coming to my mind.

Did he really didn't like the way I was dressed? Does that mean he doesn't like my body figure? That's probably it, since he doesn't seem to have a problem when other female idols are dressed like that.. I even cought him staring at AOA once when they passed by us with their y outfit. Why can't he look at me like that for once?

 

~

 

Yongguk saw red, and it wasn't just because it was the color of the dress Hyeri wore. That damn thing shouldn't even be called a dress, it's more like a long shirt.

What is the stylist thinlking? He admits Hyeri looked good, even too good, but there is no way he is letting her wear it on national tv. The last thing he want is guys hovering near her just because the way she is dressed. He know how they think and what they want, and it's not good. Just thinking about it made his blood boil.

Hyeri may be mad at him, but he is determined. After all, that can't hurt their relationship further since there isn't much anything more to break anyway. They definitely hit tock bottom this time around, mainly because of him.

 

~

 

"Take off your jacket, I want to see why your fiesty partner is complaining." The stylist said. Yongguk was nowhere to be found, and I was relieved.

"Because he is an idiot." I mumbled and took off his jacket.

"Are you comfortable with it? it looks a little short indeed.." She asked after examing me.

"It's a little too much.." I said shyly and looked at the ground. She laughed.

"You should have told me earlier."

"I'm sorry."

"I will be right back, I'm going to bring another dress from the car." She said and walked away.

In the meantime I made my way to the restroom. I was too busy covering my body and straightening the dress that I didn't notice where I was going. 

I bumped into someone and I felt hot liquid running down my body. I looked up, only to see a guy with a panicked look on his face. He had an empty coffee cup in his hands, and the coffee that used to fill the cup a minute earlier was now all over my dress.

"I'm.. So.. Sorry." He stuttered.

"It's ok, it's my fault for not looking.." I said.

"I'll help you.." he offered and a handed me over a few napkins he held in his hands.

"Thnaks." I thanked him and took them, starting to wipe the coffee stains from my clothes.. Well, at least I can't wear that dress now even if I want too.. And I won't have to admit defeat in front of Yongguk.

 

~

 

"Mission accomplished." The guy went to Yongguk, who was sitting in his dressing room.

"Thank you, I owe you one." Yongguk amiled.

"No problem." The guy smiled as well. "By the way.."

"What?" Yongguk looked at him curiously.

"Nothing, I'll get going now." He was still smiling, and then he went out of the room.

 


 

 

Author's Note:

 

I have good news and bad news..

The bad one is that I have exams starting next week, so I can't promise regular updates in the next month since it's kind of busy, but I'll try my best to update.

The good news is that the next chapter is the "Running Man" special and I have the plot planned already, so I will probably update it in the next couple of days. I don't know yet if it will be one chapter or two..

 

As for the rest of the story - I feel that the Hyeri-Yongguk promotion is a little lagging and it wasn't supposed to be like that, so After the "Running Man" chapters there is another 3 or 4 things I want to do with them and afterwards I will focus more on the girls since they need to debut.. There will still be Yongguk and the rest of B.A.P, but a little less then now.

 

Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing, it means a lot to me!

 

M.