Chapter 102

Masks

I stood in the empty dressing room, waiting for Jinu to speak. I stared at him quietly, moving my feet nervously.

"Where were you before the showcase started?" he asked dryly.

"In the restroom.." I said quietly.

"What took you so long? We delayed the showcase because of you."

"I was locked inside." I buried my eyes on the ground, embarrassed.

"By who?"

"How am I supposed to know?" I raised my voice.

"Watch your tone." Jinu scolded.

"Sorry.." I trailed off.

"The person coming to talk to you.. It was your brother, right?" he suddenly changed the topic.

"Yes."

"Are you okay?" his voice softened.

"Yes." I smiled. "But how did he get in here?"

"I don't know.. The security probably meesed up." I frowned.

"It won't happen again." Jinu said confidently.

"Alright."

"Don't be late again and don't cause trouble because the CEO will get mad." he said.

"I won't."

"Alright. Let's go back to the others, we need to go." he smiled and I relaxed. It went better than I expected..

 

23:00.

We sat in the practice room, excited.

The makeup artist and the hairdresser just finished fixing our appearance and the staff members took their places on the other side of the room, along with B.A.P who came to watch us.

"Ready?" Jinu asked.

"Yes, oppa." we said happily.

 

23:05.

"One, two, three.." I counted.

"Hello, we are Peppermint, and we are going to refresh you day!" we greeted and bowed.

"Oh, there are a lot of people watching us right now!" Sey beamed.

"How many?" Yujin asked curiosuly.

"750." Sey answered.

"That's good, we are improving!" Eun Hee exclaimed and we clapped.

"Did you watch our showcase?" I asked. "We are waiting to hear your opinions about it!"

"How was it for you?" Sumi asked us.

"Fun." Eun Hee smiled.

"Mamamoo came to visit us!" Yujin beamed. "They know Hyeri, so they dropped by as well." now the girls were looking at me.

"We shared a waiting room together when Yongguk promoted his solo." I explained shyly. "Actually, I didn't know they were going to come, they surprised me as well."

"How was the showcase for you, Hyeri?" Sey asked, changing the topic.

"Better than I expected." I smiled.

"We have a question!" Yujin said after looking at the screen and scanning the comments.

"What is it?" Sumi asked.

"What is your favorite song on the album?" Yujin read the question.

"Dreams." I answered first.

"Mystery guy." Eun Hee answered.

"Oppa is mine!" Sumi answered.

"Peppermint." Sey said.

"Also oppa is mine!" Yujin answered. "Although I'm having a hard time with the dance.." she admitted shyly.

"You did great today." I patted her back.

"Eun Hee, someone wrote that your ideal type should be him instead of Kim Woo Bin.." Sey read one of the comments, causing us to laugh. Eun Hee started to blush furiosuly.

"Thank you." she said shyly and bowed.

"Our Eun Hee is popular.." Yujin commented and Eun Hee covered her face shyly.

 

~

 

"Is that you?" Daehyun asked Youngjae when Sey mentioned that comment.

"As if." he snorted.

"Are you sure?" the older male questioned.

"Do I look that pathetic to you? I can tell her that in person if I want to, I don't need this kind of lame methods."

"If you say so.."

 

~

 

"Our refresheners sent us a lot of questions on SNS and in our fancafe during the last week.. How about we answer them?" I suggested.

"Alright." the girls agreed and one of the staff members brought us five notebooks and pens and a bucket full with folded papers that contained the questions.

"Are you ready?" Sumi asked when we settled. We nodded.

"First question is.." she said and took out one of the papers, unfolding it. "What body part do you like the most about yourself?"

We started writing our answers and when we finished we revealed it one by one according to our sitting order.

"I chose my hair." Sey answered first. "I just like my hair color and the way it looks."

"I like my eyes." I answered. "I think it's the prettiest part in my body, and I believe that your eyes can tell a lot about you."

"So what does your eyes say about you?" Yujin asked curiosuly.

"That I'm tired." I avoided the answer. "Can't you see the bags I have under my eyes?" I pointed at it.

"What about you, Yujin?" Sey asked. Yujin was sitting beside me, so it was her turn to answer.

"My fingers." she smiled.

"Show them to the camera!" Eun Hee goaded her.

"They are pretty." I commented.

"I play a lot of instruments, so you learn to take good care of your hands."

"Hands are important for playing instruments indeed." Sey mumbled.

"My favorite part is my nose." Eun Hee said.

"That's a weird thing to like." Sumi commented.

"Why? My nose is pretty." Eun Hee argued, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Sumi, what about you?" Yujin asked, changing the subject.

"My stomach." Sumi answered and we all started to laugh.

"You are really in no position to make fun of Eun Hee when you chose your stomach." Sey said while laughing.

"I'm skinny and my stomach is flat, I want to be proud of it."

"Alright, let's pick another question." I said. "Eun Hee, you choose the question now.. Let's do a rotation choosing it."

"Next question is - Who is the most romantic person between the five of you?" Eun Hee read what was written on the paper she chose.

"That's easy." Sey said while writing something in her notebook. We didn't notice that in the meantime B.A.P got their notebooks and pens as well.

"Did everyone finished writing?" Yujin asked. We nodded. "Let's reveal it together when I count to three. One, two, three."

At that moment B.A.P showed us their notebooks as well. They were sitting in front of us, behind the camera, so it was hard to miss it.

"What the.." Sumi mumbled, frowning.

"There is a huge bug over there, that's why she is acting like this.." Eun Hee said and secretly pinched Sumi. Well, that can explain why we are looking at something that is not the camera without telling people B.A.P are there..

"Right! It's really scary!" Sey exclaimed, following along.

"Let's talk about our answers." Yujin said, trying to bring our attention back to the subject.

"Looks like Hyeri won." Sey said after looking at what we wrote. I had three votes while Sey and Eun Hee had one vote each.

"That's not true." I stated. "I'm bad at this kind of things."

"Hyeri, I think you won over there as well.." Sey whispered in my ear and pointed at B.A.P's direction. I scanned their answers and started to blush. I looked at Yongguk's page and he also drew a heart next to my name. My face started to heat. I looked at him and he smirked.

"Hyeri, why are you blushing all of a sudden?" Yujin asked.

"It's hot." I lied and started fanning myself. From the corner of my eye I could see Yongguk laugh. He is going to pay for this..

"Yujin, pick a question." Sumi ordered. The question was who is the most erted member.

"Let's change the question!" I said.

"Why? Are you scared it's going to be you?" Sumi teased me.

"No!"

"Then let's answer it!"

"Alright.." I sighed. We wrote our answers and Sey was chosen with 4 votes while Sumi had 1 vote.

"That's a lie!" Sey exclaimed, pouting.

"No it's not." Eun Hee claimed.

"Even B.A.P chose you.." I whispered in her ear and she started to blush. Payback for the previous question..

"Let's do another question!" Sey mumbled, trying to change the subject. We laughed but agreed.

 

23:35.

We did a few more questions, including showing a personal talent, naming the last song we listened to and more ranking questions. Apparently I'm the most innocent member while Sumi is the most spoiled one, decided by both us and B.A.P. We are surprisingly coordinated.. Looks like we think the same.

"We have time for a couple more questions." Sey stated after checking the time.

"Let's choose something from the comments instead." Eun Hee offered.

"I saw something!" Yujin called and we all turned our attention to her. "Since your title song talks about dating, what is an ideal date to you?"

"That's a good one!" Sey commented.

"Then answer it first." Sumi said.

"Alright. My ideal date is candlelight dinner."

"That's romantic!" Yujin commented.

From the corner of my eye I saw Himchan frown. I guess he didn't expect this answer..

"I personally don't mind. To me it's more important who you do it with rather than what you do." I said. I noticed Yongguk grinning, and it made me smile.

"You have to choose one!" Eun Hee exclaimed.

"Right!" the other girls supported her.

"Then I choose a walk on the beach in the sunset." I answered.

"Romantic indeed." Sey commented, smiling.

"I want to visit the zoo." Eun Hee said.

"Why all of a sudden?" I asked, trying not to laugh. It's so random..

"I like animals." she admitted shyly.

"For me it's the amusment park." Sumi said.

"Am I the only one that wants a normal date like watching a movie or something? All of you are weird." Yujin claimed.

"You are the weird one. You can watch movies with friends, why do it on your date?" Sey questioned.

"You are so lame." Yujin responded. "It's different when you watch it with your boyfriend."

"Alright, let's agree we all have different opinions." I said, trying to calm the atmosphere down.

"I think we did enough questions for today.." Eun Hee said, helping me. "You'll have more opportunities to ask us things in the future." she smiled.

"Right.. Let's talk about our music video, because that's why we are here." I said. The other girls nodded.

"What do you think about the teaser?" Sumi asked.

"It was intense." Sey commented.

"I wonder how the music video will look like.." Yujin mumbled.

"We are going to have a dance version as well, right?" Eun Hee asked.

"Yes. We filmed it in a staduim, and it was really big." Sumi said.

"Please show us part of your dance." Sey read one of the comments.

"Hmm.. I guess we can do the dance break or the chorus, right?" I asked.

"We are wearing heels." Yujin stated, and all of us looked at our feet. We were dressed in pretty clothes, including heels. If we try to do our choreography wearing it we will definitely break something.

"Let's take them off." Eun Hee said, being practical.

"Now you'll be able to see our actual height.." Sey said to the camera while we took our shoes off.

"We are short in reality." I said while standing next to her.

"You mean you are short in reality." Sumi corrected me. "She is the shortest member in our group."

"Wow, you also have a really small feet." Yujin commented while joining us, looking at my feet. Now the camera focused on my feet, and I became self conscious about it. At least I had pedicure done..

"You know what they say about people with small feet.." Sey said, smiling. Finally they were back to film her instead of my feet.

"Doesn't it apply only to males?" I pondered. In the background I could hear the boys and the staff laugh.

"Either way, I think it's cute. I also heard guys usually like girls with small feet." Eun Hee commented, saving Sey from embarrassment.

"Everything she has is small." Sumi said, trying to insult me. I could tell she reffered to my chest as well and not only my feet or my height. Quite pathetic coming from her because she is using padding most of the time.. Including now.

"Good things come in small packages." I smiled brightly. I'm not going down to her level. Besides, I'm happy with it and Yongguk also seem to be happy with it, so I'm fine. Other people opinions doesn't matter.

"So do we do the chorus or the dance break?" Yujin asked, bringing our attention back to the reason we started talking about this thing in the first place. 

"Chorus. It will be complicated doing the dance break in this clothes.." I commented.

"Alright. We are only doing this for you." Sumi said cutely to the camera.

Jinu was nice enough to play our song and when it reached the chorus we did our dance. Luckily we didn't have wardrobe malfunction while doing it..

We sat back in our places when Sey took one of my shoes and showed it to the camera.

"You see, when we said Hyeri is the fashion terrorist of the group we meant this." she pointed at my shoe.

"The stylist unnie chose it!" I claimed. It wasn't my choice. Sey started to blush while the other guys and the people watching us started to laugh. The stylist frowned and glared at Sey.

"I'm sorry! I like your taste!" Sey quickly apologized to the stylist and bowed. 

"Now can I have my shoe back?" I asked and Sey gave me my shoe so I can wear it.

 

23:55.

"The music video is out in five minutes!" Eun Hee declared, excited.

"We really hope you'll like it because we had a lot of fun filming it." Sey added.

"Right." Sumi said.

"Oh, we have more viewers now!" Yujin exclaimed.

"How many?" Sey asked curiously.

"999." she answered.

"It's going up to 1000!" Sumi said excitedly.

We watched as the numbers kept going up.

"Let's do a countdown together!" I offered.

"Let's do this!" Eun Hee beamed.

We counted together until it was midnight and our nusic video started to play. It was also our first time seeing it, so we were excited and nervous. What we didn't know at that moment was that the staff was recording our reaction as well.

 

00:05.

"Wow." I mumbled when the music video ended.

"It's looks great." Eun Hee said, smiling brightly.

"The boxing ring scene was funny." Yujin commented.

"Thanks.." I blushed.

"We have a lot of comments!" Sey stated.

 

00:20.

"It's getting late." Sumi commented while trying not to yawn.

"Yeah, I think we should finish our stream for now.." Eun Hee said.

"Our young refresheners probably have school tomorrow, so they need to sleep early." I said.

"And the ones coming to see us perform need to get up early." Sey added.

"And we need to get up early as well.." Sumi said.

"We will see you all tomorrow in the recording." Yujin said, smiling.

"Thank you for watching us!" I said.

"And for supporting us! We read everything you write to us, and it really makes us happy." Sey said.

"We will do more activities to interact with you in the future, so look forward to it!" Sumi said.

"Let's say our goodbye." I said and we all stood up. "One, two, three."

"We are Peppermint and we are going to refresh your day!"

 

00:25.

"Good job, girls!" Jinu approached us when the stream ended.

"Thanks, oppa." we smiled shyly.

"Go to sleep now, you need to get up early tomorrow."

"Yes, oppa." we bowed and he walked away.

The people in the room also started to dispersed. The girls left as well, and after a few minutes only me, sey, Yongguk and Himchan stayed in the room.

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked Sey and Himchan while watching them holding hands.

"Yes." Sey grinned. "It's our 4 months today."

"Who would have thought the playboy Himchan could last so long in a relationship.." Yongguk chan.

"He just needed the right girl beside him.." Sey exclaimed and tightened her grip on Himchan's hand.

"Don't come back late!" I told Sey.

"Alright."

"Let's go.." Himchan said and started dragging Sey out of the room.

"Have fun!" I called after them.

"You too!"

 

~

 

"Now it's our turn.." Yongguk whispered in my ear while hugging me from behind. I started to blush.

"Where are we going?" I asked while putting my hands on his.

"Want to go to our park? The weather is nice.." he offered.

"Whatever you want." I smiled.

"Let's go." he released me from the hug and offered me his hand. I grabbed it and we walked out of the company after gathering my things.

 

~

 

"You can remove my blindfold now, you know.." Sey told Himchan.

"No." he stated, still leading her to their destination.

"Is it far?" she asked.

"No."

"Do you know how to say anything else beside 'No'?" she started to get annoyed.

"Yes."

 

~

 

"Sit down." Yongguk told me when we were in our park, next to the benches.

"I want to go to the swings!" I declared and headed there. Yongguk chuckled, but followed me.

"You know, you really act like a kid sometimes." he said.

"I guess my mentality is small as well, not only my physique." I joked, referring to what the girls talked about when we did the broadcast.

"Then I guess I like small things." Yongguk smiled while looking at me.

"You wanted to talk about something, right?" I suddenly remembered.

"I'll tell you when we get to your dorm."

"Why the secrecy?" I pouted.

"Well, it's going to be really weird if we do this on the swings." he joked.

"I'm serious."

"Just wait a little bit. I won't leave you hanging, I promise."

 

~

 

"Done." Himchan said and took off Sey's blindfold.

She looked around. They were still at the company, in the playroom. Flower petals were scattered on the floor. There was an envelope on the table in the center of the room. She looked at Himchan, waiting for approval to take it, and he nodded.

Sey opened the envelope. She found a note and two tickets inside. She started reading the note first - I love you. This last four months were amazing, and I want to continue together with you. I hope you'll like my present.. I know you wanted itShe moved to examine the tickets. They were vouchers for a vacation in a resort.

"We'll go when you finish promoting.. I just know you wanted to spend some time alone with me, and I figured we could go on a vacation for a couple of days, just the two of us." Himchan mumbled, embarrassed.

"I love it!" she said and hugged him.

"Honey.." he said while caressing her hair.

"What?"

"Congratulations on debuting!" he pecked her forehead. "I'm sure you'll do well."

"Thanks." she buried her face in his chest. He smiled and hugged her tighter.

 

~

 

"Oppa.." I called while we were still swinging on the swings.

"What?" he looked at me.

"What is your ideal date?"

"A date with you. The location doesn't matter."

"Liar."

"It's true!"

"Then what was it when you dated Hana?"

"Hmm nothing special." he answered after thinking for a bit.

"What was it?" I insisted.

"Watching the sunrise together, cuddled." he burried his eyes on the ground.

"I guess we are complete opposites." I mumbled, trying to hide my uneasiness.

"No. I'm like you, I care about the person and not the activity."

"So Hana was the one liking the sunrise?"

"Yes." he admitted shyly. "I liked it because it was with her and she was the happiest when we did this."

"I have something to change your mind.." I said and got up from my swing. I approached him and crouched down so I'll be at his level. He looked at me confused and I kissed him.

"What.. Was.. That?" he stuttered when we parted.

"My favorite activity. Now you can't kiss other girls without thinking about me.. You belong to me forever." I said and got up quickly, running away.

"Hyeri!" he got up, chasing after me. I stopped after I reached the benches and he got closer to me, grinning.

"You are such a tease." Yongguk said while sitting down on the bench.

"You are one as well." I sat down next to him. He rested his hand on my thigh and I entwined our fingers together.

"You know, I like your eyes as well." he stated. "They tell me more than your mouth most of the time."

"Then they should also tell you that there are thing I don't want to talk about." I said and got up. "It's late, we should go back.."

"Sure." he got up as well and grabbed my hand, leading me towards my dorm.

 

~

 

"I have something for you as well." Sey said while she and Himchan were cuddling.

"What is it?" he looked curiously at her.

"Remember the thing you wanted me to do?" she asked, looking at him.

"The one you kept refusing?"

"Yes. I thought that maybe I should give it a try.. You know, since it's a special day today.." she moved her hand up and down his thigh, stopping near his crotch.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." she nodded and attached her lips to his.

 

~

 

"I have something for you." Yongguk said when we were near my dorm. The walk here was quiet, and both of us were caught in our thoughts.

"Hmm?"

"Here." he took out a small box from his jeans pocket. I looked at it confused and then looked at Yongguk. He nodded, signaling me to take it.

I opened the box carefully. It had a couple of star earrings in it. I looked back at Yongguk.

"Your debut gift." he smiled. "Congratualtions on debuting, babe." he pecked my forehead.

"Why stars?" I asked curiously.

"Because you are a star for me, regardless of your results." I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Put them on, I want to see them on you." he said when I didn't say anything. I quickly changed my earring to the ones he gave me and Yongguk grinned from ear to ear when he saw the result.

"It looks good on you." he stated.

"Oppa.."

"What?"

"Thank you." I said shyly.

"No problem." he ruffled my hair.

"But you shouldn't.." I started to talk when he kissed me, stopping me from finishing my sentence.

"Bang!" I complained when we parted.

"What?" he asked innocently. "You wanted to scold me for buying it, didn't you?"

"Yes, but.." he kissed me again.

"No buts. I don't want to hear your complaints about it. I bought it because I wanted to and I want to spend my money on my girlfriend." he said when we parted before I could say something myself.

"You spoil me too much." I claimed.

"My money, my decision what to do with it." Yongguk shrugged.

"I can't give you anything in return." I said quietly, looking down.

"I didn't ask for anything in return." he retorted.

"It's not fair." I pouted.

"If you want to give me something in return then I want to see you smile. Can you do this for me?" he lifted my face, making sure I'm looking at him. I nodded shyly.

"Great." Yongguk smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Oppa.."

"What?"

"Thank you." I hugged him tightly, burying myself in his embrace. "It was a really long day.."

"I know." he caressed my hair gently with one of his hands while the other one hugged me.

We hugged for a while, until I was satisfied. When we parted I kissed him. Our kiss heated quickly, and both of us ran out of breath.

"You know, you are lucky we are outside." Yongguk commented.

"Why?"

"Because if we were in the studio for example I would have probably left some traces on your body by now.." he eyed my neck and collarbones and my face heated.

"You can't. The stylist and makeup artist will kill me if I show up with hickeys and stuff, so this things are prohibited until I finish promoting."

"Babe.." he pouted. "You can't take this away from me for so long! What am I supposed to do?!"

"Do you want me to get scolded?" I questioned.

"No, but this is ridiculous." Well, he does have a point.. I am enjoying this as well, not only him. It hurt the both of us, but I don't really have a choice.

"Well, you can do it gently if you promise not to leave marks." I suggested.

"I can't. I'll be too tempted to continue." he smirked.

"Then.. How about we'll be more creative?" I asked teasingly, and he raised an eyebrow. "I can be the one marking you, for a change.." I said and traced my finger over his chest.

"Babe.."

"If you don't want to then I guess we can just go back to normal kisses." I said dryly and pulled my hand back.

"Who said we can go back?" he exclaimed. I smirked.

"Think about it during the night, we'll talk tomorrow." I said cutely. "Goodnight, oppa."

"Come back here." he grabbed my hand when I turned around.

"What?"

Instead of answering me he crushed his lips on mine.

"Good night, babe." he said when we parted, smirking.

 


 

Author's Note:

 

This chapter is really long! I guess it's a bonus for not updating on time..

 

I skipped some parts of the stream because I thought it would be boring to focus on the girls so much and I didn't want to make it repetitive with the questions, etc...

 

I hope you'll still like this chapter! :)

 

The girls are finally starting to promote in the next chapter, which means more action.

 

Hyeri's brother will show up in the next chapter or the one after that, I'm not sure yet. It depends on my progress in the next chapter.

 

Thanks for reading, subscribing, commenting, etc.!

 

M.