Chapter 30

Masks

Day 6:

Yongguk stared at Hyeri when they were on the way back to the company after "Inkigayo". At first she was watching something on her phone, but at some point she fell asleep. No wonder, she has been working really hard lately, partiallly because of him.

He moved closer to her, examining her. Her head was leaning on the window, earphones tucked in her ears, and her phone was laying in her lap. Her eyes were closed and her lips were parted a little. She looked relaxed and comforatble.

Hyeri had traces of smudged makeup on her face and her hair was messy, but she was still pretty. Her pale skin made her look like an angel. His eyes lingered a bit longer on her lips. He thought about the time he kissed her and a smile formed on his face. Her lips were so soft.. He would love to kiss her again, but she'll probably never let him. He sighed, shaking off these thoughts.

Yongguk carefully took out her phone from her lap, intending to turn the music off so she can sleep soundly and that her battery won't get wasted for nothing. A video was still playing on the screen. He watched it carefully. It was a dance routine of the girls and Gun, who covered Hyeri's part so she can learn the dance while she is away. Even without hearing the music he could recognize the song - "One Shot". Without noticing, a small smile spread on his face. This kind of songs suit her a lot, but it's tiring. The video ended and a new one started playing. He carefully took out one of her earphones and listened. A BTS song.. Poor girl. How is she going to do both of them when she is already tired because of her scheduels with him? What is the company thinking?

Yongguk sighed heavily. He should really treat her better when he can, since she is working much harder than he thought and it must be extremly hard on her.

The car suddenly stopped, bringing him back to reality.

"What is i?" Yongguk asked the driver, who was also his manager.

"Wer'e here." Yongguk looked outside the window and noticed they were in front of the company building.

"Oh.. Can you stop at my dorm first? I need to take something from there.."

"Get it afterwards, Hyeri needs to go back to practice. I promised Jinu I'll bring her back the moment we finish, no delaying."

"My dorm is two minutes away from here, it won't really matter if we do it fast, right?" Yongguk tried to convince him. Hyeri is sleeping soundly, and he felt bad waking her up right now.

"Do you like her that much?" The manager asked, and Yongguk blushed.

"How.. Do.. You..?" Yongguk stuttered.

"I'm not blind." The manager laughed. "And I know you well enough by now to know that you only want to visit your dorm so she can sleep more." Yongguk's face became red as a tomato by now, and that is a rare sight.

"Look.. Since I'm not heartless and I do think the company is over-working her I can make a small stop at your dorm, what do you say?" The manager suggested after Yongguk didn't say anything and just kicked his legs nervously.

"Really?" He asked hopefully.

"Yes. But if Jinu comes after my head I'm sending him to you."

"I'm fine with it." Yongguk laughed, and the manager smiled as well. "Thank you."

"I'm not doing this for you." The manager pretended to be mad.

"Yeah Yeah.. I can tell when your'e lying, hyung." Yongguk smiled.

"Let's go." The manager smiled and started the car again.

 

I woke up when I felt that we weren't moving anymore. I opened my eyes and looked around. I was still in the car, but Yongguk wasn't there. The manager was still in the car with me, but we weren't in the company. I recognized the building in front, it was B.A.P's dorm.

"Good, your'e up." The manager smiled when he noticed I woke up.

"Yes.. I'm sorry I fell asleep."

"It's ok, we would have woken you up if we needed to."

"Where is Yongguk?" I asked after looking around the car.

"He forgot something in his dorm. He should be here any moment.."

"Ok.." I yawned, still struggling to wake up.

"I'm back." The car door opened and Yongguk came in and sat next to me, putting his seatbelt.

"Yah, why are you here? your sit is over there.." I pointed at the empty sit across from us.

"Your'e finally up." He smiled, ignoring my question. "You sleep like a rock."

"Your'e not funny."

"I wasn't trying to be funny."

"Why were we here anyway? I need to practice."

"Such a workoholic.." Yongguk sighed.

"Your'e the one to judge.. Your'e worse than I am."

"Can you not argue with each other for a day?" The manager asked, looking at us from the mirror.

"Then tell him!"

"Then tell her!"

"That's it, I give up." The manager sighed. "Get out." He stopped the car in front of the company.

When we got out of the car I bent down to tie my shoe laces.

"What? Your'e not going in? Your'e wasting precious practice time." Yongguk teased me.

"Shut up." I stood up and walked inside the company, leaving him behind.

 

Day 7:

Finally a little rest since there are no music programs today. And I'm not spending time with Yongguk today since he have fansigns and I need to practice with the girls.

I just finished changinbg my clothes when Sumi walked into the bedroom.

"You know the practice is at six, right?" She asked while going through her bag, looking for something.

"Wasn't is supposed to be at four?" I asked confused. I clearly remember it was four.

"It got delayed since Gun need to work with the male trainees.."

"Oh.. Thanks." I smiled at her. She finally found what she was looking for and went back to the kitchen.

 

I found Jongup in the cafeteria of the company with Zelo. I haven't seen them for a while since all of us had things to do. Even when they don't have group activities the guys are so busy.. Yongguk is doing his solo, Himchan is on "We Got Married", Daehyun have a radio show, Youngjae is hosting "Music Bank" from next week beside his appearance on "Sukira" Radio program, Jongup is practicing for a dance reality show, and Zelo is going to be on the next season of "Show Me The  Money".

"Noona!" Zelo called when he noticed me and signaled me to come and sit with him and Jongup.

"Hey guys." I smiled brightly and sat next to them. I really missed them.

"How is it going?" Zelo asked.

"Good, I think. I'm tired."

"Aren't you supposed to practice?" Jongup asked.

"No." I said after checking the time on my watch. It's only five. "My practice is at six."

"Great, then you can spend some time with us." Zelo smiled, making me smile as well.

I chatted with them for a while and it was fun and enjoyable. They mostly told me about the programs they're doing, and it sounds like a lot of fun. I hope I'll be able to do the one Jongup is doing in the future.

At six I went to the practice room. To my surprise, the girls were already there, and it looked like they were in the middle of practice. What the hell?

I entered the room quietly, trying not to get noticed. Of course it failed, since they noticed me the moment the door to the practice room opened.

"Hyeri, do you want to tell us why you are only coming right now to practice?" Gun asked, and the girls gave me disapproving looks.

"The.. Practice.. Is.. At.. Six.." I stuttered.

"Six? We started at four. Where did you hear it was six?" He put his hands on his waist. What? I stared at Sumi, but she looked at the floor. The other girls looked at me dissapointed.

"I'm sorry.. I must have gotten confused." I said quietly.

"Do you think you can slack around because your'e getting attention now? I saw you talking to Jongup and Zelo instead of being here." Eun Hee said.

"I thought we were starting at six." I raised my voice a little.

"Girls, be thankful to Hyeri, since now all of us are practicing two more hours straight since you need to practice as a group." Gun said.

"Amazing.." Yujin sighed.

"Great job." Sey muttered.

"I'm sorry." I said quietly.

"You should be." Gun said, and I felt even worse. It wasn't even my fault. "And come talk to me after we finish."

 

~

 

"Hyeri, what are you doing?" Gun asked. "It's not like you to skip practice."

"I thought we are starting at six." 

"How are you with the dance routines?"

"I still need to work on it.." I admitted. I usually learn things fast, but lately I'm too tired to process anything.

"Work on it in your free time. If your'e not mastering it until the next time you practice with the girls I'll ask Jinu to pull you out from the song with Yongguk.." Gun said.

"I don't want to stop doing that.. It's fun and I'm learning a lot from it."

"Then work harder. Your debut comes first. The rest is just an extra."

"Fine." I sighed. I guess I'll just have to work harder.. Somehow.

"Go practice. I won't tell Jinu you messed up since it's your first time missing rehearsals without a reason.."

"Thank you." I tried to smile.

 

I went back into the practice room, knowing exactly who I'm looking for - The only person responsible for the fact I was scolded today and that I almost got into bigger trouble. She was standing there alone, doing strechings. Great, at least no one will bother us.

"What are you doing?" I asked while approaching her.

"Can't you see? I'm practicing."

"Why did you lie to me?"

"About what?" Sumi asked innocently, which annoyed me even more.

"About the practice time."

"Your'e so innocent." She laughed. "Why would you believe everything people tell you?"

"Your'e my groupmate, your'e supposed to be on my side."

"That is your mistake. I was never on your side and I will never be. I want you out of here, I don't care how or why or what I'll have to do to make it happen."

"Your'e crazy.." I mumbled.

"Maybe." She smiled. "If you don't have anything else then stop wasting my time." She turned away, her back facing me.

"I'm not done." I said and grabbed her right hand, making her face me. I then raised my free hand and slapped her. She was shocked at first, but regained her composure fast.

"You .." She mumbled, and then pushed me strongly, so I stumbled a little and fell on my .

"I'm not done with you.." I got up quickly and started pulling her hair. She yelled in pain and tried to release herself from my grip. She kicked my legs, trying to make me fall down. When it didn't help, she took out something from her sweatshirt pocket. I don't know what it was, but after a few seconds I felt a stinging pain on my right side. I released her and put my hand on the hurt area, trying to stop the pain. My hand was quickly filled with blood. It hurt like hell. I fell to the ground, still holding tightly to my wound.

"Don't start things you can't finish.." Sumi said. After that she straightened herself, adjusted her clothes, kicked me on the other side of my body and left the room.

I laid there, clutching my side and trying not to cry in pain.

 

"What the hell?" I heard a familiar voice shouting. I opened my eyes and saw Sey hovering over me, checking my bloodied shirt. I must have fainted.

"Stop yelling, my head hurts." I said weakly.

"What happened? Why are you filled with blood? Where are you hurt?" She shot questions.

"One by one." I said, lifting my head a little.

"Where does it hurt?"

"Right side and left side." I said and leaned my head back on the floor, feeling a bit dizzy. She lifted my shirt a little to expose my cut on the right side and the bruise on my left side, from the kick.

"Let's go to the nurse." She said firmly. "Can you get up?" I shook my head.

"Slowly, take my hand.." She ordered and help me get up. I leaned on her on the way to the nurse.

On the way there we saw Daehyun and Youngjae. I immidiately stood up straight, pretending everything is fine. I didn't want to worry them. Sey gave me a weird look, but she understood when she noticed them as well.

"Hyeri, are you okay? you look pale.." Daehyun asked when they stopped next to us.

"Perfectly fine." I smiled.

"Are you sure?" Youngjae asked, and I tried to cover my shirt so he won't notice anything. Luckily I was only hurt on the sides of my body, so I can cover it up with clothes.

"Positive."

"Where are you going?" Daehyun asked Sey.

"To the bathroom.." I answered quickly before she could say something wrong.

"Alright then, see you around." Youngjae smiled.

 

~

 

"Yah, don't you think something feels a bit weird?" Youngjae asked Daehyun after they left the girls.

"Yes.. Hyeri was strange."

"Do you think what I'm thinking?" Youngjae asked while looking at Daehyun, and they both smiled mischievously.

 

~

 

"What happened?" The nurse asked while examining my cut.

"I fell down." I lied. If I tell them I started fighting with Sumi they will probably kick me out, and I can't risk it.

"And you landed on something sharp and managed to have bruises on the other side of your body while doing it?" She questioned.

"Yes?" I hesitated a bit. "I'm tired, I didn't notice where I was walking and I accidentally bumped into something and fell down. It was sharp, so I got cut." I hoped she'll believe it.

"Do you feel anything else? Dizzines, headaches, weakness.."

"I felt a little dizzy and weak earlier, but I think it's fine now."

"Luckily your cut is only superficial. Rest for the rest of the day, and if you feel anything else tell me."

"Can I work tomorrow? I have music program recording.."

"Your'e not doing anything extreme in your dance, right?" She asked.

"No." Luckily it's a quiet song that doesn't require much movement.

"Then you are fine, but be careful and if you feel you can't do it then rest. I'll talk to Jinu."

"Thank you." I smiled.

 

~

 

"Hyung, what are you doing?" Daehyun sat next to Yongguk in the recoeding studio.

"Working on our new album." Yongguk answered without moving his eyes from the computer screen in front of him.

"How is working with Hyeri going?"

"Good.."

"Does she look weird to you?" hearing this question, Yongguk finally left the computer to look at Daehyun.

"What do you mean?"

"Me and Youngjae saw her going into the nurse room earlier, and she looked really bad."

"She is probably just tired." Yongguk shrugged, trying not to show it bothered him.

"It's not that.."

"Then what is it?"

"I think she is pregnant." Daehyun said with a straight face.

"Yah!" Yongguk hit Daehyun's head with a paper he found on the table. "Does that make any sense?" Daehyun stayed quiet. "I'm with her ninety precent of the time and I doubt she is hanging around with other guys. Besides, she won't do something this stupid."

"Then are you the father?" Daehyun asked smiling.

"Jung Daehyun!" Yongguk raised his voice, glaring at the younger male.

"I really didn't think you would be that naive, hyung.." Daehyun started laughing, holding his stomach. "You should have seen your face!"

"Get out!" Yongguk tried to sound threatening.

"But hyung, I wasn't completly lying, she really did go to the nurse and she looked sick."

"I don't care. Get lost." Yongguk turned to look at the computer screen once again, ignoring Daehyun's presence.

 


 

 

Author's Note:

 

This chapter is a bit longer since I was a little late with updating :)

 

At this rate the girls will debut at chapter 100? :P

I'm joking, I hope the story won't have that many chapters.. But they are supposed to debut after Yongguk finish his solo, so it's getting closer. 

 

Thanks for reading, subscribing, commenting, etc.!

 

M.