Chapter 46

Masks

Day 38:

I considered Jinu's suggestion seriously, but I'm not going to do it. I'm going to make Yongguk listen to me in my own methods.

I made him food today, but he ignored it. I offered him water and massages and what not, but he refused to everything. It was like I didn't exist at all. He even threw away the notes I attached to the food and drinks I gave him. It hurt.

When it was night I went to the recording studio since I knew he was going to be there, working. I knew he wouldn't want to see me, but I had to try anyway. I wanted to show my cincerity, and since he wouldn't listen I had to take some extreme measures.

 

~

 

Yongguk was working in he recording studio when the door opened. Hyeri stood there, wearing the maid custome from the picture. That damn costume.. It drives him crazy. He swallowed his saliva, trying to concentrate. She looked good and his heart was starting to beat faster, but he had to ignore it. He is still mad at her.

"Get out." Yongguk said dryly.

"No." Hyeri said and locked the door.

"Why are you dressed like that?" he tried to sound unaffected. His eyes was wandering to her body against his will.

"I want to do things for you."

"Your'e crazy."

"I'm not crazy, I'm desperate."

"I don't care. Leave." Yongguk said coldly.

"No. Just listen to me.. Two minutes, that's all." she pleaded.

"Get out before I won't control my actions." he warned her. She just stood there, glued to her spot. He considered his next move.

Well, it. He want her, and he gave her a heads up. He got closer to her, their faces were seperated by several millimeters. They stared at one another and he slowly put his lips on hers. Her lips was soft like he remembered them. He missed this feeling so much..

It started as a slow and hesitant kiss, but it got heated fast. He kissed her passionately, and she returned his passion with hers. His hands were wrapped around her back and her hands were wrapped behind his neck. He slowly lifted her up, her legs wrapped around his waist. He carried her carefully, still kissing her, to the couch. He put her down gently and laid on top of her, leaning on his arms so his weight won't be on her body.

He stopped kissing her and examined her face. She opened her eyes, blushing, and looked at him. She was smiling, and his stomach was filled with butterflies.

"I wanted to kiss you since you came to the warehouse.." he said, staring intently at her. She is so pretty..

"I'm all yours." She smiled, and he connected their lips again.

Her hands were roaming over his body, and his lips roamed all over her face. Her forehead, nose, cheeks, chin, lips.. Everywhere he could get. They kissed again, and he felt her hands starting to move under his tshirt. They were on his waist now and going up, pulling his shirt with them. He helped her remove his thsirt and continued kissing her. Suddenly he snapped out of his trance and realized what he was doing. This isn't right.. Not like that. He pulled away, got up and wore his shirt back quickly, not looking at her.

"What's wrong?" Hyeri asked, confused.

"We shouldn't do this." He said dryly, not daring to look at her.

"It's fine if you don't want me, but at least don't deceive me and make me think you are intrested when your'e not." She said, and he could tell she was hurt.

"That wasn't what I meant!" Yongguk tried to explain.

"Just leave me alone." She stormed out of the room before he could stop her.

"Yongguk, your'e an Idiot." He mumbled and kicked the wall next to him. He messed up, again.

 

~

 

I couldn't stop my tears from falling. I sat on the floor outside of the studio, crying my heart out. Why is he doing this to me? Am I that fun to play with? If he doesn't want me he should have just told me he is not intrested. Well, technically he did tell me to stay away from him, but I had to stay there although I knew nothing good will come out of it.. It's all my fault. Why am I such an idiot? I shouldn't have gone and try to hit on him if he isn't intrested.. What was I expecting anyway? So stupid.. You deserved it, Hyeri. If your'e playing with fire you are bound to get burned.

"Hyeri?" a manly voice cut me off from my thoughts. I looked up and saw Hyuk.

"Hey.." I smiled weakly. "What are you doing here? It's late.."

"Practicing. Did the promotion with Yongguk made you forget that trainees practice at late hours as well?" he joked.

"Sorry.." I said shyly. "This is not your floor, though.." I remembered we are in the second floor. The trainees floor is in the third floor.

"I came from upstairs, so I stopped by here on the way down.. Looks like it's good I did it.. Why are you crying?"

"Nothing." I wiped my tears away.

"Okay.. Do you wanna go back to the dorm?"

"Yes." I smiled and he helped me get up. His eyes stopped on my body, and I became self-concious about my outfit. I tried to cover myself with my hands, my face heated from embarrassment. He wasn't supposed to see that..

"Here." he offered me his sweatshirt quickly, noticing that I'm uncomfortable.

"Thanks." I took it shyly from him and put it on hurriedly. Luckily I'm small, so his sweatshirt was big enough to cover most of my costume. It could be pretty embarrassing walking out like that..

"Wait up, I need to take my things from the the practice room, including my normal clothes." I rememebered.

"Sure." he smiled and walked after me to the practice room in the second floor. I kind of broke the rules and practiced there since it was more quiet... Luckily I didn't get caught.

"Do you want to wait until I change? I don't want you to be cold because I have your sweatshirt.." I suggested.

"I'm fine, do wahtever makes you comfortable." he smiled warmly at me.

"Can we just go back to the dorm? I'm tired, and I want to rest.."

"Sure." he smiled, and we went out of the company. 

"So.. Do you want to tell me why you are dressed in a maid costume? As far as I know it's not a part of your concept.."

"I lost in a bet." I lied. I can't tell him I went to Yongguk looking like that.. My face heated from thinking about what happened in the studio. How could I be this stupid and not control myself? What if Yongguk didn't stop whatever we were doing? We could have ended up having .. I burried my face in my hands.

"Then were you crying because you lost?" Hyuk asked carefully, cutting me off from my thoughts.

"Kind of.." I sighed. It wasn't a complete lie, since I did lose something..

"Who was the bet with?" Why is he asking so many questions?

"Yongguk oppa.." I said quietly.

"Of course.." he smiled.

"Why are you smiling?"

"No specific reason." he shrugged. Right.. It looked like he was lying, but I didn't want to touch the subject further.

"Let's go in a different way, I want some fresh air.." I suggested when we were near the park. If I go there now I will probably start crying because it reminds me of Yongguk.

"After you.." Hyuk let me lead the way. I'm thankful that he didn't ask anymore questions and just followed me.

He walked me home and I remembered how nice he is and how much fun I had with him when we were practicing. He made me laugh and forget about my problems for a short while. Too bad we couldn't hang out together more because of the rules..

"We are here." Hyuk said when we were standing near my door.

"I'll return your sweatshirt after I change clothes.."

"Don't worry about it, you can keep it.. It looks good on you." he smiled.

"Thanks." I blushed a little.

"Good night. And stop crying, I don't like to see you like that."

"Thank you." I smiled. "Good night." I waved him goodbye and he went up to his floor. I entered my dorm and went to sleep.

 

Day 39:

"Hyeri.." Yongguk called when he noticed me.

" off." I muttered.

"Stop cursing, your'e an idol."

"So idols are not human?" I asked sarcastically. "I haven't debuted yet, so technically I'm not an idol yet."

"That's not what I meant.."

"Don't talk to me." I said coldly.

"Don't shut me up, I will talk as much as I want to."

"Idiot." I muttered.

"Spoiled brat." He retorted. A wrong move.

"CALL ME SPOILED ONE MORE TIME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR RIBS. I'M NOT JOKING." I threatened, more serious then ever. Yongguk watched as her face changed, becoming fiercer. She wasn't joking indeed. Maybe he touched a sensitive subject..

"Take it easy.." he trailed off, surprised from my sudden outburst.

"I'm not spoiled." I repeated, stomping my feet.

"Somtimes you act like you are." he shrugged, still trying to justify his ious remark.

"I slept on the streets when you slept in your comfortable bed, so don't you dare call me spoiled." I shot, glaring at him furiously. I am a lot of things, but I am not spoiled.

"I'm sorry.." Yongguk said quietly, surprised from the new information. He really didn't know. In fact, he doesn't know anything about her except for the fact that she drives him crazy, in all ways possible.

"Save it." I said dryly. "You don't know anything about my life before I came here so don't act like you know me, because you don't."

"THEN LET ME GET TO KNOW YOU!" Yongguk exploded. "You are always closed off, keeping things to yourself. How am I supposed to know what's wrong if your'e not saying anything? I'm not a mind reader!"

"Don't act like you are better.. You always keep things away from me, even if they're related to me!" I raised my voice.

"And I apologized for it, but you refused to listen, like always! Instead of asking me what is my story and why I hid it from you, you just got mad and closed off again, not letting anyone get near you." Yongguk raised his voice as well, annoyed. "Stop acting like a five years old and grow up already, I'm tired of babysitting you."

"No one asked you to babysit me, jerk. I'm fine on my own." I replied, trying to hold back my tears from falling.

"Sure.." Yongguk snorted. "Let's see how well you'll do by yourself.."

"Not again.." Jinu sighed while approaching us, feeling the tensed atmosphere between us. He probably heard our argument as well. "You have a photoshoot and an interview today, please act like you care about one another, at least for the schedule.. I don't care if you kill each other afterwards."

"Don't worry, we can act. You won't notice I hate this idiot." I gave him an angelic smile, and Yongguk rolled his eyes. Jerk.

 

We arrived at the photoshoot set. Out photoshoot concept is a y one since our song is a kind of y as well. I sighed. Just what we needed..

In the first photos we took I was wearing a y dress and heels and Yongguk wore a pair of jeans, a dress shirt and a loose tie. The first three buttons of his shirt were unbottoned, exposing his collarbones and part of his tatto. I was supposed to sit on a glass table and pull Yongguk closer to me by his tie. We got in position for the shoot. He was standing between my legs, my left leg was wrapped around his right leg and we were supposed to look passionately at each other while he is leaning forward.

"Get a little closer to each other, and try to look more lovingly at one another, you look too awkward." The photographer said.

We tried to do what he wanted. It was embarrassing, but we had to do it. I tried not to think about what happened last night, but I couldn't help it. We had to do it a couple of times since I kept blushing.

In the second set of photos I wore a big manly shirt, supposedly Yongguk's, and a pair of shorts that was hidden beneath my large shirt. Yongguk was shirtless, just wearing a pair of jeans. We were supposed to sit on the carpet in the living room while I'm sitting between his legs, my back leaning onto his chest, Yongguk's arms wrapped around me and his head leaning on my shoulder while I was looking at a magazine.

We sat in position, waiting for the photographer to take the picture, when Youngguk whispered something in my ear.

"I'm sorry. I know you are not spoiled, I was just mad. I'm sorry for everything, please let's make up? I hate fighting with you." His deep voice echoed through my ears, sending shivers to the rest of my body. A tear slipped from my eyes. The next tears were unstoppable.

"Hyeri, your'e not supposed to cry, it's a romantic photoshoot." The photographer commented.

"I'm sorry." I bowed and wiped my tears quickly.

"Go fix your makeup." he ordered, and I went to the side to relax a little before the makeup artist came to fix the damage from my tears. 

I sat back on the carpet, determined to finish the shoot well. When I thought we were on a break I turned around to face Yongguk, so now I was practically sitting in his lap while he held me. I looked at his face, and he looked intently at mine. I cupped his face while staring into his eyes.

"I hate fighting with you as well. That doesn't change the fact you hurt me. I know I messed up as well and I'm sorry for hurting you, but maybe we are just not meant to be. We are hurting each other too much."

Yongguk wanted to say something, but the photographer told us to change clothes for our next photoshoot. He didn't have to say anything, though, since the look in his eyes already told me everything. They had sadness, hurt, confusion and anger in them.

 


 

Author's Note: 

 

I just felt like I need to make it up to you since my last chapters were kinda lousy :\

Anyway, I like this chapter and how it turned out, I hope you'll like it as well :)

 

If it wasn't clear enough - it was Hyuk the trainee from their company, and not the one from VIXX.. Until further notice, the only Hyuk I reffer to is the trainee. I mentioned him in the beginning of the story, when they had to do a couple dance.. Hyuk was one of Hyeri's partners.

 

I'm not sure about the next update.. I will try to update in the next couple of days but I can't promise anything yet.

 

Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing!

 

M.