Chapter 79

Masks

24 Days before the debut showcase:

"Guys, the girls changed their hair colors!" Jongup stormed into the practice room where B.A.P was at, Himchan trailing behind him.

"Is that really a reason to run here like that? I thought something big happened.." Yongguk said and sat back on the floor.

"Hyeri is bald." Himchan stated, trying to get a reaction out of Yongguk.

"I can tell when your'e lying." Yongguk stated dryly, making Himchan frown. "And there is no way they'll make her bald, they are doing a girly concept." he reasond.

"My sources told me it's cheerleading, actually. The real one, not the lame copy groups tried to do lately." Himchan said, and Yongguk paled. He doesn't like that idea. At all.

"The company is really going all out with them, aren't they?" Youngjae exclaimed.

"Looks like they are targeting the uncle fans and teenagers since guys like this concept.." Daehyun said.

"Well, hot girls, tight clothes, short skirts, doing splits and other acrobatics.. What is there not to like?" Jongup said and the two oldest males glared at him, unsatisfied from his comment about the girls.

"Exactly my point." Daehyun said, pointing at Jongup. The other guys started laughing while Jongup stared blankly at them, not getting the joke.

"Poor Hyeri.. She is probably going to do most of the stunts.." Zelo reasoned.

"But she is hot." Himchan said, causing Yongguk to glare at him.

"What?" Himchan exclaimed, looking at the older male innocently. "She has the hottest body out of all the five. Youv'e got to admit she is freaking hot, and this concept will only highlight it."

"Did you just called my girlfriend hot?" Yongguk crossed his arms over his chest, sending deathly glares to Himchan.

"Yes?" Himchan didn't stutter. He already knows Yongguk well enough, and he knows how to handle him.

"She is hot." Youngjae stated, supporting Himchan, and Yongguk changed his target to Youngjae. He doesn't like other guys drooling and making this kind of comments about his girlfriend, even if it's his friends and even if he knows they won't hit on her.

"Keep your erted away from my girlfriend. That includes all of you." Yongguk said sternly.

"Is hyung worried about his girlfriend?" Youngjae teased.

"She won't leave you, no matter who hits on her." Daehyun said, reassuring Yongguk.

"Shut up." Yongguk ordered, and they fell silent.

"By the way, speaking of hot bodies, rumor has it that Hyeri has the biggest s as well, all natural." Himchan commented, adding fuel to the fire. Yongguk clenched his fists.

"You can't be serious.." Yongguk hissed.

"Wanna bet Yongguk doesn't know her bra size?" Youngjae asked playfuly, causing Yongguk to lose his temper.

"Of course he doesn't." Himchan said as a matter of fact and turned to look at Yongguk. "Did you even get to the second base?" everyone looked curiously at Yongguk, and he started to blush.

"None of your business." Yongguk glared at Himchan, annoyed. It's not anyone's business what's going on with him and Hyeri in that department. It's supposed to be a private issue between the two of them.

"It's not my fault you are slow and that your'e not getting any from your girl.." Himchan shrugged. Yongguk's face has gotten redder from anger and embarrassment. Himchan is his best friend, but sometimes his big mouth is just too much. If only he could sew that mouth shut for a day..

"Not everyone is a ert like you. I actually respect the girl I'm dating, you . And I don't remember asking your opinion about my life." Yongguk glared at Himchan. "It's none of your damn business what I do or don't do with Hyeri."

"You mean your non-existing life?" Himchan asked, amused. He sure knows what buttons to push to annoy Yongguk. "I do respect the girl I'm dating."

"Wanna ask the new secretary? I bet she'll disagree." Yongguk snorted.

"I said dating, not a one night stand." Himchan argued.

"Anyway, stop talking about my girlfriend's body. Unless you want me to kill you." Yongguk glared at Himchan.

"Alright, alright." Himchan raised his hands, giving up. "I was just messing around. Sorry for bringing this up."

"How do you even know her bra size?" Zelo asked curiously.

"Himchan hyung knows the bra sizes of all the girls in the company. He either checked it himself or checked the stylist's lists with the sizes." Jongup answered instead, making the other boys laugh. Well, all except the annoyed Yongguk.

"You are hopeless." Youngjae told Himchan, sighing.

"Would you please stop ing every female in the company? We need to work with them afterwards." Yongguk scolded Himchan.

"It's not every female." Himchan argued. "Besides, I'm not touching any of the girls beside Sey." Himchan turned to look at Yongguk. "And I'm not intrested in the nuisance you have as a girlfriend, no matter how hot she is."

"Stop talking about her like that." Yongguk warned him. Himchan is really being too much today, and he had no idea why.

"Why are you so sensitive? You know Hyeri doesn't mind me calling her that.. She acknowledges it." Himchan wondered.

"Did I just hear my name?" Hyeri eneterd the practice room, the other girls following behind her. Yongguk's breath was taken away when he saw her. She was just beautiful. It's not that she was dressed fancily or anything like that, but she was pretty to him with just casual clothes. Her hair was red and she cut it a little shorter, but still kept it long enough. It looked good on her. It compliments her pale skin, creating a contrast between her skin and her hair color.

"I just told your boyfriend how annoying you are." Himchan smiled.

"Not as nearly as annoying as you." Hyeri shot back, glaring at Himchan. Yongguk sighed in relief. First, because it didn't look like she heard their conversation, and it would be bad if she heard them talking about her body, and second, because she can handle Himchan pretty well by herself.

"You see? She is fine with it!" Himchan claimed, smiling triumphantly.

"Shut up!" Yongguk muttered.

 

~

 

"Oppa!" I hugged Yongguk tightly, still glaring at Himchan. I wonder why is the atmosphere like this.. There seems to be a little tension between him and Himchan, and I don't know why.

"How about you go to your handsmoe oppa instead?" Yongguk pulled away from the hug, leaving me dumbfounded. We are not in a fight as far as I know, so why is he acting like this? What did I do wrong?

"What handsome oppa?" I asked confused. I really have no idea what he is talking about.

"The handsome oppa who makes all of your dances." Yongguk said dryly. Oh. That handsome oppa.. Now it makes sense.

"Did you see the vapp?" I beamed. Yongguk frowned.

"Wow.. It's the first time I'm seeing Yongguk hyung jealous." Zelo said. "I never thought I would see that."

"Are you jealous?" I asked in disbelief, pinching his cheeks. Why would he be jealous because of a petty thing like this? It was just a way to attract viewers and I didn't mean it in a flirty way. He should know I'm not intrested in Gun.

"Stop." Yongguk pulled my hand away.

"I didn't mean it in that way." I tried to explain, hoping for a reaction from Yongguk, but he didn't show any. "He is handsome, but I don't think about him in that way." 

"Why don't you call me handsome oppa as well?" Himchan asked, interrupting my talk with Yongguk.

"Because you are only handsome on the outside. Your'e ugly on the inside." I answered Himchan, still keeping my eyes on Yongguk, examining his reaction.

"Yah, you little.." Himchan got annoyed and I automatically hid behind Yongguk, just in case Himchan will actually do something.

"They are at it again.." Daehyun sighed. "It's like watching a cat chasing after a mouse.. Not a moment of peace with these two."

"She didn't say anything wrong, you ." Sey commented, glaing at Himchan.

"No one asked your opinion." Himchan glared back.

"Gosh, you are tiring." Youngjae sighed, frustrated from all the couple fights in the room. "You see why I don't date?" he exclaimed, looking at the other members.

"Who will take you anyway? You are not a catch." Daehyun made fun of him.

"I would take him." Eun Hee commented, quietly. It was louder than she intended since all the people in the room heard her, and now they were all staring at her.

"What?" She exclaimed, blushing furiously.

"Wait, you actually like him?" Daehyun asked in disbelief, unable to understand how this thing can happen.

"Would you shut up?" Youngjae hit Daehyun's head. Eun Hee was happy the attention was diverted to them.

"Did you just hit your hyung?" Daehyun glared at Youngjae.

"We are friends." Youngjae stated.

"You were born in 1994. I was born in 1993. That makes me your hyung!"

"I was born in the beginning of the year, which makes us the same age friends." Youngjae argued.

"Aren't you supposed to be smart? 1993 and 1994 is not the same year!" Daehyun claimed.

"Not again.." Jongup sighed, knowing this stupid argument can go on for hours now.

 

~

 

"Oppa.." I moved closer to Yongguk, taking advantage of the fact that everyone was looking at Daehyun and Youngjae right now, absorbed in their argument.

"What?" he asked.

"Don't be mad at me." I pouted. I hate this situation. "I don't know why you are jealous, but I only have eyes for you. What do you want me to do to prove it?" I slowly wrapped my hands around his waist, hoping he won't push me away.

"Show me your'e mine." he said.

I thought for a second, and then an idea came to my mind. I tiptoed and kissed the tip of his nose. He didn't react, so I planted another kiss on his lips. Still no reaction. I sighed and decided to change my method.

"You know, I really want to show you how much I care about you, but there are people here." I whispered in his ear, trying to sound seductive. When he didn't react I bit his earlobe playfuly, making sure I it at the end. I could feel him tense and I smiled to myself. My plan is starting to work.

"We should go to someplace quiet if you want a further demonstration, oppa." I whispered and pulled away, smiling innocently.

"That's probably the most uny flirting I saw." Himchan commented. . When did they finish arguing and how long were they watching us? My face has gotten red as a tomato. I hurriedly covered my face with my hands and hid behind Yongguk's back, the only hiding place I could think of. I could hear laughter from the people in the room. . I'm going to kill Himchan afterwards, and Yongguk as well, for making me do this in the first place.

"So cringe worthy." Youngjae commented.

"Can't you be a good friend and teach her how to flirt properly? Why are you letting her embarrass herself like that?" Himchan asked Sey.

"How was I supposed to know it's this bad?" she claimed.

"Now I see why he hasn't passed the second base yet.." Daehyun mumbled quietly.

"ALL OF YOU, SHUT THE HELL UP!" Yongguk raised his voice, tired of his noisy friends. He could hear all of them laughing and making comments about Hyeri, and he didn't like it. At all. Everyone fell silent, scared. If Yongguk raised his voice it means he is angry. Did they cross the line?

Yongguk stared at all of them, and then turned to Hyeri. "Come here." he gently pulled her arm.

"No." I stayed in my place, don't want to move from my safe place. I heard everything, and my tears threatened to fall. I know I'm not y nor attractive, they don't have to keep mentioning it all the time. No one is perfect, and I'm sure they have things they can't do as well, but I'm not making fun of them.

"Babe." Yongguk turned around to face me. "Look at me." he lifted my chin with his fingers. I tried to stop the tears from falling, but it was useless. Yongguk sighed, and turned back to the others. I wiped my tears quickly, not wanting the others to see I'm crying.

"Apologize to her. All of you." Yongguk said sternly and turned to glare furiously at Himchan. "Himchan, you and I need to have a serious talk afterwards."

"Oppa, don't." I clutched his shirt from behind. I'm not a little kid that needs protection and I don't want them to pity me and apologize just because Yongguk told them to.

"No. They crossed the line and they made you cry. They are going to apologize." Yongguk was determined.

"Just leave me alone." I said and ran out of the room, hiding my crying face. The people in the room were left dumbfounded, especially Zelo and Jongup. They are not used to seeing Hyeri like this, so vulnerable and fragile. Yongguk and Sey are probably the only ones that saw this side of her.

"I know she seem strong and she looks fun to bully and tease all the time, but she is more sensitive than she looks and she is insecure about a lot of things." Yongguk started lecturing. "Even if you take it as a joke and she doesn't look affected, she is probably just pretending to be fine, so please stop bullying her and making fun of her all the time. Your words hurt the most since your'e her friends and she consider your opinions, so next time think before you talk. Sometimes what you see on the outside is far from being the reality." Yongguk stopped to take a breath. "Make sure you apologize to her because I'll know if you won't." he warned and walked out of the room to look for Hyeri.

 

~

 

I stormed out of the room, crying. I didn't want to be there. I couldn't bare to look at them, at any of them. I can't believe they saw me like this.. I'm not going to let them see me falling apart, I've already embarrassed myself enough.

"Hyeri? What's wrong?" Jinu asked, worried. . I wiped my tears quickly, pretending to be fine.

"It's nothing, just period cramps.. It hurts." I lied, hoping he would believe me. I clutched my stomach in order to make it more believable.

"Oh. Do you want to go and rest?"

"Can I?"

"Yes. Just make sure you are fine tomorrow, because we need to film the music video."

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." I faked a smile. "Thanks, oppa." I bowed and went out of the company, heading my dorm.

 

~

 

"What do we do now?" Daehyun asked, dumbfounded.

"We really messed up, didn't we?" Youngjae muttered.

"Speak for yourself, we didn't do anything!" Zelo said and pointed at him and Jongup.

"Don't you have any ideas?" Himchan asked Sey. "You are supposed to be her best friend."

"Are you really her friend? Why would you make fun of her like that?" Jongup asked Sey.

"Everyone was making fun of her, and she always looked like she doesn't have a problem with it.. We were just messing around."

"Well, apparently she has a problem with it. A really big one." Daehyun said bitterly.

"Why are you so worked up? She is just a crybaby and she probably just wants attention." Sumi said, and everyone turned to glare at her.

 

~

 

I wasn't paying any attention to the road while going back to the dorm. I was just crossing the street when I bumped into someone. I was about to apologize when I felt something cold on my right wrist. I looked up and my face darkened.

"I missed you, babe. Looks like I'm getting a second chance." Zico smirked. I looked at my wrist, only to realize how ed up I am. I was cuffed to his wrist, and it didn't look like he is going to release me.

"Let me go." I demanded, trying to gather all my courage.

"Not a chance." He laughed and took my hand, putting it in his sweatshirt. Who the hell wears sweatshirts in July? Unless you have something to hide..

"Pretend you are just walking hand in hand with me." Zico ordered and wrapped his free hand around my waist.

"What if I don't?"

"Meet my friend." he said and I could feel a gun pointed at me where he wrapped his arm around me. I froze.

"I have a MV shooting tomorrow, I can't disappear." I tried to convince him.

"Not my problem, princess." He stated and laughed. "I'm going to finish what I started at the hotel."

 

~

 

Yongguk searched Hyeri around the company building, but there was no sign of her. He ran up and down, searching all the rooms. He was about to ask one of the girls to look in the ladies restroom when he got a text message - "I got your little girl. She looks hot in red."

 


 

Author's Note:

 

A mess.

 

Himchan is just.. No comment. :P

 

Did you really think Zico will give up that fast? especially after what happened at the hotel..

I felt like I kinda disappointed you with the hotel (especially at the end of it), so I wanted to make it up to you. I had a reason for not doing a real fight at the hotel, but I felt like you wanted a fight, so you might get what you wanted now (and a feisty Hyeri in addition).

 

Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, etc. It means a lot to me! <3

 

M.