Chapter 68

Masks

My alarm clock rang, signailng the beginning of a new week. I sighed and got out of bed.

"Do you think we will see Matt today?" Yujin asked.

"Probably.." Sey answered while getting out of her bed as well.

"Yah, did you keep your diet?" Eun Hee asked me.

"No." I smiled. For once, I didn't care about that.

"You are going to get scolded." Sumi said, smiling.

 

~

 

"Good morning." Matt greeted dryly. His face looked better since he got his wounds treated.

When the other girls started doing stretches I approached Matt. "I'm sorry about the other day.." I bowed.

"You shouldn't be the one apologizing, but that gangster friend of yours."

"He is not a gangster."

"Whatever." Matt shrugged. "Start doing your stretches as well."

"Yes, sir." I went back to the other girls.

 

~

 

"Hey, guys." Sey entered the practice room in the second floor. Himchan was there, practicing with Zelo and Jongup.

"Hey, noona!" Zelo greeted happily.

"What are you doing here?" Himchan asked dryly, glaring at her.

"I came to talk to you." she stated. Himchan examined her. She looked tired and it looked like she cried. He tried to get this thought out of his head. It's not his business anymore.

"We should go.." Zelo mumbled, pushing Jongup out of the door.

"Oppa.. I'm sorry. Please tell me what to do to fix this. I will do anything." Sey pleaded.

"Go away."

"Oppa.."

"Please stop looking for me."

Sey stood there quietly, watching Himchan. She tried to read his expression and figure out what he really feels through his body language. Her eyes stopped when they landed on a couple of red marks on his collarbone. Her heart sank.

"Did you sleep with someone else?" she asked, hurt.

"We are on a break." Himchan said dryly.

"So you couldn't keep it in your pants for two days? Am I that bad?" she laughed bitterly.

"It doesn't change the fact that we are not together." Himchan used the only excuse he had. He regretted it, and truth is that he thought about Sey the whole time he was with that girl, but he couldn't tell her that. In fact, Sey was the best he had. She understands him completely and go along with his weird ideas without asking questions.

"You broke up with me because I was looking at pictures of someone else, but you go and the first girl you see?!" she raised her voice, annoyed.

"I didn't cheat on you." he said calmly. Well, techincally it's not cheating, but why does he feel like he did cheat?

"GO TO HELL!" she stormed out of the room. In the hallway, she finally let her tears fall.

 

~

 

"Is the CEO free?" Yongguk asked the blonde secretary sitting in the reception.

"Yes." she smiled.

"Then I'm going to talk to him." he said and made his way to the CEO's office, knocking on the door.

"Come in." the CEO said. He looked surprised to see Yongguk, but he smiled when he saw him.

"What can I do for you?" the CEO asked.

"First, I want to apologize for my behaviour the other day.." Yongguk said and bowed.

"Apology accepted. What else?"

"Can you consider letting Hyeri stay in the company? I will do whatever you want, just let her debut.. She really wants this."

"Well.." the CEO took a deep breath. "Since you are probably not going to break up even if I tell you to, I will let this go in a few conditions." he put his hands on the table in front of him.

"What conditions?" Yongguk asked, hoping it will be someting they could handle.

"First, apologize to Matt. A sincere apology."

"I will do it."

"Second, you can't get involved in whatever the girls do. It's not your group, so you don't have a say in anything. You can't criticize us as well. We are doing whatever we think is right for them, so you have to stay quiet about it even if you don't like it."

"But.."

"But nothing."  the CEO cut him off before he could finish his sentence. "It's not open for discussion. You can't get involved in our work with other groups."

"Fine." Yongguk sighed. He wasn't happy with it, but he had to agree.

"Third, the company decides when and how you go public with this relationship."

"Why?"

"We can use it for publicity." the CEO stated.

"So what do we do?"

"Let one of your managers know if you are going for a date outside the company.."

"It's bothersome for us and for them.." Yongguk stated. "Do you want them to be on our date as well?" he asked sarcastically.

"I said to let them know, not to drag them along with you. None of us want to see you make out in front of us, we have better things to do."

"Then what's the next condition?"

"The last condition is money related. Hyeri broke her contract, so she needs to pay for breaking it and for every consequence that may occour because of your relationship. In addition to that, you have your fine to pay."

"I will pay for Hyeri's fine as well."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. But I have a request."

"What is it?" the CEO asked.

"Please don't tell Hyeri I paid her fine.. I will tell her myself."

"Alright."

"Thank you." Yongguk bowed.

"You know, you are a good match." the CEO said smiling, surprising Yongguk. He didn't expect the CEO to support them. "In some aspects you are the same and in others you are the complete opposite of one another.."

"Do you really think so?" Yongguk asked shyly.

"Yes. It's refreshing seeing you interact with each other."

"Thank you."

"Now go, you have an album to produce!"

"Yes, sir."

 

~

 

"Unnie.." Sey came crying and hugged me tightly.

"What's wrong?" I hugged her, caressing her hair gently.

"He went to another girl.." she cried harder. "He didn't even deny it."

"That idiot.." I muttered.

"What do I do now?"

"Stop crying because of that idiot. He is not worth your tears." I wiped her tears away.

"But.." Sey tried to say something.

"But nothing." I cut her off. "It's his lose if he doesn't want you. You can find someone much better than him." I smiled, trying to encourage her.

 

~

 

"Babe.." Yongguk came to the practice room when I was practicing with the girls on our dance. We were just having a short break when he came in.

"What is it?" I asked, standing up.

"We can date. I talked to the CEO." he said and crushed his lips onto mine, wrapping his arms around my back. I froze, trying to process what he just said and what's happening. Did he just kissed me in front of the girls and Gun? What happened to keeping it a secret? My thoughts got cut off when I felt his tongue brush my lips. I opened my mouth slightly, submitting myself to him. My arms went up, pulling him closer to me while we kissed.

"Yah, love birds, do you really have to rub it in our faces like this? We get that your'e dating, but there are people here who doesn't." Eun Hee commented, half joking.

"Sorry.." I pulled away from the kiss, blushing, and bowed slightly. Yongguk automatically wrapped him arm around my waist, like it was always there.

"Just joking." Eun Hee smiled. "It's good that your'e happy." My gaze wandered to Sey, who looked gloomy, staring at the ground. My face fell. I hate seeing her like that. If I catch that idiot Himchan..

"Lover boy, I'm afraid you'll have to leave since their break is over." Gun said to Yongguk, smiling.

"Sorry for interrupting you." Yongguk said, bowing.

"It's fine. I think you energized Hyeri for the rest of the practice.." he said and both of them looked at me.

"Why are you staring at me like this? Were you talking about me?" I asked when I felt they were staring at me, unaware of their converation since I was focused on Sey.

"Not a chance." Yongguk snorted. "I should go since you need to practice. I just wanted to tell you the good news."

"I'll see you afterwards, right?" I hugged him.

"Yes. You can't get rid of me that easily." he ruffled my hair.

"Don't work too much." I said and pecked his lips. He smiled and kissed me again.

"Ohh.." The girls squealed.

"Look, Hyeri is blushing!" Yujin added.

"Now you see what you caused? They are going to tease me for ages now." I frowned, and Yongguk just laughed.

"You can keep teasing her as much as you want." Yongguk told the girls, smiling.

"Yah!" I hit his arm, glaring at him. "You are supposed to be on my side!"

"No. I enjoy seeing you flustered." he grinned.

"Just go already." I grumbled and pushed him out of the door. He tried to protest but it didn't help much. Finally we resumed practicing.

 

~

 

When we finally finished for the day I spotted Yongguk and Himchan in the company's cafeteria. I smiled to myself and approached them quickly.

"Here you are, oppa." I smiled innocently. "I was looking for you." I grabbed Himchan by the collar of his shirt, giving him death glares in the process.

"Bang, control your girlfriend!" Himchan tried to release himself from my grip.

"What did you do?" Yongguk asked Himchan, not moving an inch. He actually enjoyed watching Himchan struggle a little and he knew Hyeri wouldn't hurt him, even if she is mad.

"I have no idea, it's your pshyco girlfriend." Himchan retorted.

"I'm here, you know." I tightened my grip around his collar.

"Psycho, how about we talk nicely?" Himchan tried.

"Call me psycho one more time and I'll show you what a real psycho is.." I threatened.

"Bang!" Himchan whined. "She is scary. Why are you dating a gangster?"

"Babe, let him go." Yongguk told me.

"Fine." I sighed and released Himchan. He started to cough, more dramatically than necessary. I rolled my eyes at the exaggerated acting, and Yongguk chuckled.

"Psycho.." Himchan started talking again, and I glared at him. "I mean, kiddoh.." he said after coughing again. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Let's talk someplace quiet." I said and started dragging him away. Himchan, as expected, tried to protest and complained a lot, but I ignored it.

Yongguk shook his head, laughing at his best friend and his girlfriend interacting. He knows Himchan is a drama queen that mostly grumbles and complains for fun, but in fact he cares about Hyeri a lot and he probably just enjoys annoying her. Hyeri, on the other hand, is hot tempered and gets annoyed fast, but she wouldn't hurt anyone unless she don't have a choice or unless she is really hurt, and she cares about Himchan. They bicker a lot and tease each other a lot, but that's just their way of communicating.

 

"Let me go, you psycho." Himchan grumbled when we were in one the practice rooms. It was the first empty room I found, so we stayed there. I finally released my grip around him.

"I'm not a psycho!" I exclaimed, annoyed.

"Then how do you call someone that tried to strangle someone else out of the blue?" he put his hands on his waist, glaring at me.

"First of all, it wasn't out of the blue, I have a reason for it." I said, and Himchan rolled his eyes. "Second, I wasn't trying to strangle you."

"My throat disagrees." he said and touched his neck to emphasize his point.

"Seriously, why are you living your life like this?" I sighed.

"Are you seriously lecturing me right now?" Himchan asked in disbelief. "I'm the older one here, I should be lecturing you."

"Oppa, you are too much." I stated.

"What did I even do to you?"

"What the hell is that thing with you dating another girl?"

"I'm not dating anyone."

"Then why did you tell Sey you are? Do you even know how she feels now thanks to you?"

"I didn't tell her I'm dating, she was the one that understood that. I just told her I slept with someone else, and she figured that part by herself as well. If it was up to me I wouldn't have told her that either."

"You are unbelievable.." I sighed.

"Your friend is making up dramas by herself, and I'm the unbelievable one?"

"Did you do it before or after the break?" I glared at him.

"After, of course. I would never cheat on her."

"Why would you even sleep with someone else? It's been two days!" I hit his head.

"I'm a guy. Just because your boyfriend is a saint for not asking anything from you doesn't mean all of us are like this.."

"Did Yongguk tell you something?" I asked. I probably shouldn't have, but the mention of Yongguk and the way he said it made me wonder.

"About what?" he asked innocently. He is playing dumb on purpose.

"About the weather!" I said sarcastically. Himchan laughed. "I'm talking about that thing.."

"You should ask him." Himchan said, finally giving me a serious answer.

"You know he wouldn't tell me.." I sighed. "He told me he will wait and that he doesn't want to pressure me, so there is no way he will tell me if it bothers him.."

"Don't stress yourself out because of this and just talk to him if something bothers you. He is not much of a talker, but he is a good listener."

"Thanks, oppa." I smiled weakly.

"Then, can I go?"

"No! We haven't finished yet." I glared at him. "Don't try to use this as an excuse to run away!"

"Alright." Himchan sighed, defeated. "What do you want to ask?"

"Do you still love Sey?"

"Of course I do."

"Than what are you going to do now?"

"Nothing. She doesn't want me anymore, so I'm not chasing after her."

"Ouch! That hurt!" he cried when I hit his head again.

"You deserved it."

"I need my head, you know.." Himchan said while rubbing the area I hit.

"For what?" I exclaimed.

"You are too dumb to understand."

"Looks like you are the dumb one here.."

"Why?"

"I just told you she keeps crying because of you, how can you think she doesn't want you?"

"Forget it. She should apologize first. And if she likes me that much she should chase after me, not the other way around."

"Your'e an idiot."

"And your'e a psycho." Himchan smiled innocently.

"I told you not to call me that!" I glared at him and he ran out of the room before I could catch him.

 

~

 

"Your girlfriend is something.." Himchan said when he went back to his room in his dorm. Yongguk was already there, laying on his bed.

"You are still alive." Yongguk commented.

"I won't die because of a psycho, even if she is your girlfriend. I have an image to maintain, I can't die in this embarrassing way."

"Please don't call her a psycho or a gangster.. She is a nice kid."

"Nice my .. Drinking poison is nicer than spending time with her." Himchan joked, and Yongguk threw his pillow at him.

"Why are you always taking her side? You know me much longer!" Himchan exclaimed.

"You are not my girlfriend." Yongguk smiled. "Besides, she probably had a reason for doing it.. What did you do?"

"I don't want to talk about it." he hugged his pillow to his chest.

"You know I can just ask Hyeri.."

" both of you." Himchan grunted, and Yongguk laughed. He knew Himchan would tell him everything now, and maybe he could help him solve his problems. He deserves to be happy as well, whether it's with Sey or not.

 


 

Author's Note:

 

A fast update since I had inspiration :)

 

I'm going to fast forward things a little from now, since it's getting repetetive and I think it's a little boring as well.. The focus will be more on the girls and the album.

I will try to make their debut fast ^^ I don't want to promise how many chapters it will take for them to debut since it usually takes longer than my initial plan.. But I promise it will happen soon.

 

Let me know what you think so I can improve! I can't fix problems I'm not aware of..

 

Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing! <3

 

M.