Chapter 113

Masks

I was going to the meeting when I heard something that sounded like moans coming from the hallway. As I got closer to the conference rooms the moans got louder.

"What the .. So shameless. Don't they know they should do it in private and not where everyone can see and hear them?!" I complained in my mind, sighing.

As I approached my destination I noticed two characters making out. My face twisted in disgust, but I kept walking. I have a meeting to get to. As I walked closer the characters became clearer.. And my heart felt like it stopped beating.

This can't be. My mind is playing tricks on me because I'm tired. That's it. I should just close my eyes and open them again and I'll stop imagining things.

When I opened my eyes again the picture in front of me hasn't changed. But why? There is no way Yongguk will make out with Sumi. Never. It must be a joke.. Right?

"You asked him to break up with you, remember? You even told him to have fun with other girls, so you can't complain now if he actually does it." A voice in my mind told me. It's true.. But why does it hurt so much?

I took a deep breath, mustered the brightest smile I had and approached them. If he can move on so quickly so can I.

"Excuse me." I said while standing next to the two. No comment. I think I saw Yongguk kissing her harder when I spoke, but it was probably just my imagination.

I cleared my throat and decided to speak again. "Excuse me." I said, this time louder. They finally stopped kissing and looked at me. Yongguk put Sumi down on the ground, but she still clung onto his arm, hugging it tightly. I tried to ignore the sickening feeling in my stomach. It's his choice and we're not related anymore.

"I see you took my advice well and had some fun.." I told Yongguk and smiled happily, hoping he won't realize the smile on my face is fake. From all the girls he could have slept with, why Sumi? He knows we don't get along well. She made it her life goal to get him and make my life miserable, and now she managed to do just that.

"Well, you did send me to myself.." he retorted, a smile decorating his face. Idiot. How can he smile like that in the current situation? I guess he really doesn't care anymore..

"And I'm happy for you, but it's a workplace and not everyone needs to see you two making out."

"Pfft." Sumi scoffed. "Since when are you in charge of discipline?"

"I'm not, but Jinu will be here any moment now and you do have a dating ban in your contract." I smiled.

"He'll get over it. Just like he didn't have a problem with you two dating." Sumi said confidently.

"Congratulations, both of you. I wish you only happiness." I smiled warmly. Sumi's smile grew wider while Yongguk stayed emotionless.

"Thank you." Sumi said in a squeaky voice and entwined her fingers with Yongguk's. "And please stay away from my boyfriend. You are a bad influence on him."

"No problem." I kept the smile plastered on my face. "Your.. Boyfriend" I tried not to show how hard it was for me to say that word, "Is all yours."

"Hyeri.." Yongguk said.

"Don't forget to use protection. We need to promote, so babies are out of the question." I said before he could say something and patted his shoulder.

"Sumi, don't be late to the meeting." I said and entered the conference room, leaving the couple behind me.

 

~

 

The moment Hyeri wasn't there Yongguk released himself from Sumi's grip. It was so fast and harsh you could have thought he is running away from an infectious disease.

"What's wrong, oppa?" Sumi pouted.

"Stay the hell away from me and don't bug Hyeri." he threatened.

"But we had a deal.."

"The deal is off. It was never relevant to begin with."

"But I thought you liked the kiss.." confusion was written all over Sumi's face. Honestly, it amused Yongguk. Did she really think he'll want anything to do with her?

"I'd rather kiss a cockroach than kiss you again."

"We'll see about that.." Sumi smirked and got closer to him. She tiptoed and crushed her lips onto his. She forcefully shoved her tongue inside his mouth, forcing him to kiss her.

"GET AWAY FROM ME, YOU ." Yongguk shoved her away, disconnecting their lips. Sumi's back hit the wall, but she straightened up quickly.

"This kiss was good as well, even if I had to force it on you." she smiled and her lips suggestively.

"I need to disinfect my lips. I don't want to get STD because of you."

"Oppa!" she whined, her voice raising an octave. Yongguk sighed. He could never get used to her squeaky voice. If anything, he only gets tired of it as time goes by. 

"You are so mean!" Sumi continued to whine.

"Look, I just wanted to piss Hyeri off, so whatever you think we have is non existent."

"How can you still like her?" Sumi exclaimed.

"Because she is not you." Yongguk smiled. He meant every word he said. No one compares to Hyeri, especially not Sumi.

"She'll never sleep with you, even if she miraculously agrees to take you back."

"Fine with me." Yongguk shrugged. He could see Sumi was swallowing her saliva, trying not to explode.

"She already saw us kissing, it's over between you two." she said and got closer to him once more, her hands starting to travel along his body. "You should just give up and have some fun with me.." her hands now cupped his clothed member, squeezing it.

"Take your dirty hands off of me." Yongguk growled and pushed her hand away harshly, causing Sumi to lose her balance and trip. She got up quickly, fixing her clothes.

"Those dirty hands are your best chance to get laid. Are you still going to deny me?" Sumi questioned.

"Yes. I'd rather wait 100 years for her than spend five minutes with you."

Sumi stomped her feet angrily. "YOU BASTARD!" she screamed.

"Treasure our kiss well because that won't happen again, even if I get paid to kiss you." he said coldly, not losing his calm. Sumi's reaction amused him instead of annoying him.

"I'M GOING TO DESTROY THE BOTH OF YOU!"

"Try and I'll make sure it's going to be the last thing you'll ever do."

 

~

 

I was waiting patiently in the conference room for the meeting to start. There were still a few more minutes and the girls haevn't arrived yet, so I was left alone with my thoughts. Images of Yongguk kissing Sumi were everywhere. That . He is such a bad guy. Why would he go to Sumi from all people? No matter how much I think about it, it doesn't make sense. Would it hurt less if it was someone else and not her?

It's my fault.. It's all my fault. I told him to go and I pushed him away. I guess I deserved it.. But why does it hurt so much?

Tears slowly started to form in my eyes, sliding down my cheeks. Bad Yongguk. You can't leave me, I actually need you. I had a really crappy day, and the only thing that would cheer me up is to see you smile, so why did you have to go do that to a different girl? Do you know how much it hurts?

I know I messed up, but you always know how to read me and you never let me go overboard even if I try pushing you away. You always come back to me, so why did you leave this time?

"I need you.." I mumbled, wiping a few tears with the back of my hand.

"Who do you need?" Sey asked, entering the room.

"No one." I hurriedly wiped the remaining tears from my face, trying to hide the fact I cried.

"Don't lie to me." she said and sat down in front of me, examining my face. "You just said 'I need you'.."

"I need you, sleep." I made an excuse. "I'm really tired." I yawned, trying to make it believable.

"So why did you cry?" she questioned.

"I didn't." I smiled innocently.

"Your face are red." Sey stated. Crap.

"I'm just hot!" I made up an excuse and started fanning myself frantically. "We should open a window or something.." I offered, looking around the room.

"You are such a bad liar." she commented.

"I'm really fine."

"Hyeri.." Sey spoke again. "I'm really sorry."

"About what?" I asked curiosuly. She didn't do anything wrong, at least not that I know of.

"About Himchan. Just forget what he told you, he was talking nonsense. I got mad at him for that."

"It's fine." I tried to smile. "It's not like he was saying anything wrong.."

"You need Yongguk just like he needs you, so Himchan shouldn't interfere in your relationship."

"Yongguk doesn't need me." I said quietly, sighing. He has Sumi now for everything he needs, including things I can't give him. 

"Did something happen?" she asked, looking at me suspiciously.

"No." I lied and smiled brightly.

"I'm so tired!" Eun Hee entered the room, yawning, and took her seat on one of the empty chairs. I sighed in relief. If the girls are here Sey won't bug me, so I earned some time to gather my thoughts and try to deal with this thing on my own.

"This day is not going to end soon, is it?" Yujin joined us as well, sitting next to Sey.

"Good afternoon." Sumi entered the room, smiling brightly. I tried to sit straight and not give her the satisfaction of seeing me down.

"Oh, good. You are all here." Jinu was the last to join, followed by Yoona.

"Hey, oppa." we greeted and bowed.

"Greet Yoona as well, she is not transparent." Jinu scolded.

"Hello, Yoona." we greeted her and bowed politely.

"Hey girls." she smiled warmly. "You can sit down."

We all took our seats while Yoona connected her laptop to the projector in the room.

"Why are we here?" Sumi asked.

"We have some things to discuss with you." Jinu explained.

"What is it?" Sey asked curiously.

"First, we want to talk about your schedules for this week." Yoona said.

"Right." Jinu said. "This week is going to be similar to today, but with a few additions. First, unlike today, in the rest of the week you have music shows. We'll try to arrange pre-recordings so you won't have to be at the live show, but we can't do it for all the shows. In addition to that - there is the online show that we will tell you about in a bit and Hyeri has some individual schedules as well."

"What individual schedules?" I asked, surprised. It's the first time I'm hearing about it.

"We will explain everything soon." Yoona said, smiling.

"As expected from the company's princess.. She is always getting the special treatment." Sumi said venomously and I glared at her.

"There are still busking and fansigns, so do your best. And I want to remind you about the mention party at 19:00. Be polite and don't say anything that can get you in trouble."

"Yes, oppa."

"You know chuseok is next month and there are special shows." Jinu continued talking, moving to the next subject.

"Yes.."

"Yoona, show them the list." Jinu asked and she opened a file on her computer. We could see a list of shows along with some dates varying from the end of August to the middle of September.

"The first thing is ISAC. You know the show, right?" he smiled.

"Don't treat us like idiots.. Everyone knows that show." Sumi said.

"Good." Jinu smiled. "You and B.A.P are going to participate and we arranged that you will be in the same team. The filming will take place in the end of the month."

"What are we doing?" Yujin asked curiously and the screen changed, showing us a list of the competitions and events. We examined it carefully. Everything seemed normal, except for one particular event that wasn't included before - The rhythmic gymnastics.

"Are we doing the rhythmic gymnastics thing?" Sumi asked, excited.

"That's one of the things we wanted to tell you.." Jinu said and turned to look at me. "Hyeri, you're doing it."

"Why me?"

"You are good at it."

"But I want to do it!" Sumi whined. "It seems cool."

"Sumi, we decided that Hyeri will do this thing." Yoona said softly.

"You can give it to Sumi, I'm fine with it." I shrugged. I don't want to argue with her.. The situation between us is complicated as it is, not to mention her squeaky voice that can cause headaches. And I really don't see the excitement about it. I mean, it's beautiful to watch, but it's really hard and requires a lot of practice which honestly, I'm not sure I'm able to do in the current situation. Making myself busy is great, but physically, I'm too exhausted to do anything.

"We already decided that Hyeri is doing it because she is more suited for the competition. She is good at doing acrobatics and she is more flexible, so she has higher potential to do well." Jinu said, looking at Sumi.

"That's not fair!" Sumi protested, crossing her arms over her chest. "Why is she always getting everything?"

"I don't want to do this, and you already won over me, what else do you want?" I exclaimed, glaring at Sumi. Her constant whining is really starting to annoy me.

"That you'll leave. You are just useless and since Gukkie is out of the picture, you have nothing to do here anyway." she glared at me, her eyes shooting daggers in my direction.

The room fell silent and all the people present exchanged confused glances between me and Sumi. All of them tried to process what they just heard and understand the new situation created. Sey wanted to say something, but stopped herself from doing so.

"I'm leaving over your dead body. You can have Gukkie, but everything else is mine." I broke the silence, my voice cold and emotionless.

"As if." Sumi scoffed. "I already took your most precious thing, so the rest is nothing for me."

"You are really pitiful. Revolving your life around a man is never a good thing, no matter how good the man is."

"I would have believed it if someone else said it, but it sounds funny and hypoctire coming from you. You can't fool me."

"I learned the hard way." I smiled brightly.

"Girls, that's enough." Jinu finally spoke.

"She started it." Sumi said and pointed at me. I just rolled my eyes and stayed quiet.

"I don't care. Hyeri is doing this thing and that's final." he said dryly and turned to me. "We are already late with the preparations, so you'll start practicing tonight after you finish your schedules. You are working with Matt."

The blood drained from my face at the mention of that name. Not again.. It's going to be hell.

"Oppa.." I said.

"What is it?"

"Does it have to be Matt? I can work with Gun.."

"It's not my decision." Jinu said apologetically.

"Jinu.." Yonna said quietly after looking at her watch.

"What?"

"We need to continue."

"Sure." Jinu smiled and turned to us again. "There are a few more chuseok specials other than ISAC."

The screen changed again and we could see the list of programs once more.

"As you can see, part of the shows are new. We will do a quick review on every program to make sure you know what you have to do so that you can prepare for it." Jinu said. "Yoona, do you want to start?"

"Sure." she smiled.

 

~

 

"We can't do this without Yongguk hyung." Zelo sighed and sat on the ground.

"It's really weird when he is not here.." Himchan said and sat next to Zelo, grabbing a bottle of water.

"Funny you say that, after your black eye.." Youngjae teased.

"I partly deserved it.." Himchan sighed.

"Do you think it's serious with Hyeri?" Jongup asked.

"Yes." Daehyun sighed. "I really hope they'll work things out.. They match well."

"If they really break up, what should we do?" Zelo asked. "It will be really weird with Hyeri noona.."

"Hyeri noona is still your Hyeri noona. Her feelings for you won't change." Youngjae ruffled Zelo's hair, trying to cheer him up.

"I want to eat Hyeri's cooking.." Daehyun mumbled.

"Is there a time where you don't think of food?" Himchan scolded and hit Daehyun's head.

"It's not my fault my stomach has needs!" Daehyun claimed and patted his stomach, who started to growl. "You see?! It needs food."

"Hopeless." Himchan sighed, shaking his head.

"Are we still doing what we planned?" Zelo suddenly asked.

"Yes. We need to help the girls.." Youngjae said.

"But wouldn't it be weird with Hyeri and Yongguk?" Jongup asked.

"They are professionals, I'm sure they'll handle it. It will be weirder if they don't do it.." Himchan said.

"True.." Daehyun agreed.

"Let's get back to practice, we need it." Himchan said and stood up.

 

~

 

"The next topic is the online show." Yoona said, smiling.

"I'm sure you're curious." Jinu added, smiling as well.

Yoona opened another file on her computer. This time it looked like a commercial for something. There was a picture of all of us, and we were holding a sign that said "Meet The Peppermints". On the sides there were a few squares, each sqaure contained something else. Beside that it said that the show will be on v-app and that it's starting this week.

"As you can see, this is the poster we made for the show. We will upload it tonight." Yoona started talking.

"What are all these things on the side?" Sey asked.

"The segments for the show." she answered. "I'll explain everything."

"Basically, it's an online show so your fans will be able to get to know you better. We will do several segments during the week, with all of you and individual segments as well." Jinu started talking.

"This is the list of segments we thought about." Yoona said and showed us a list.

"The first segment is called 'Song Of The Week'. This segment has two parts. The first part is you talking about a song you liked or listened to a lot during the week." Yoona started explaining. "The second part is you doing a cover of a song. It can be a song you mentioned in the first part or a completely different song."

"So we have to practice other songs as well?" Yujin asked.

"It can be songs you worked on during the time you trained, so this way it won't be something new. It's up to you to decide."

"What about the other segments?" Eun Hee asked.

"The next segment is called 'Truth Or Dare?'."

"Are we doing the actual game?" Sumi mocked.

"Not exactly." Yoona smiled. "In this segment you will draw cards from a box. There are two types of cards - 'Truth' and 'Dare'. The 'Truth' card is a fact or a funny story about you. The story can be true or false and you have to talk about it. The 'Dare' card is a mission card that you have to do."

"Isn't it too private?" I asked. These kind of games can go out of control easily, and we have an image to keep.

"We will control all the questions and missions to make sure it's fine, and you need to be responsible for not saying stupid things."

"So basically it's similar to the actual game.." Sey mumbled.

"Yes. And we will ask the fans to offer missions or stories so they'll be involved in the segment as well."

"That actually sounds nice.." Yujin said. "I mean, our fans can participate and they can get to know us better."

"True.." Eun Hee agreed and I saw Jinu and Yoona smiling.

"The next segment is an individual segment. It's called 'X's Personal Talent'." Yoona introduced the next segment. "X is obviously your name. We will do a rotation, so every week it will be a different member. You can choose every talent or speciality you want. It can be giving an advice or folding laundry, we don't care. You just have to tell us beforehand if you need anything special for it, and we need to approve the general idea just to make sure it's appropriate."

"Who will start?" Sumi asked.

"It's up to you." Jinu answered. "You can start if you want to."

"Great." she smiled brightly.

"These are the segments for now. We can change the format and add segments in the future. If you have any ideas or things you want to do, tell us and we'll consider it." Yoona said.

"When do we start?" I asked.

"Friday, so you'll have a few days to prepare. The 'Song Of The Week' segment is planned for Friday, the 'Truth Or Dare' segment is planned for next Monday, and the individual segment is up to you."

"I'll do mine on next Wednesday." Sumi said.

"That's great. Then we need all the information until the weekend." Jinu said.

"No problem." Sumi smiled brightly. At least she is not complaining..

"Is there anything else to talk about?" Yujin asked curiously.

"Not something that concerns all of you." Jinu said. "Hyeri, stay here for a bit. we need to talk."

"Yes, oppa."

 

~

 

"Ah, I'm tired!" Hyuk sighed and sat on the ground in the practice room.

"Here." Junsu gave him a water bottle. Hyuk gulped half of it quickly.

"Do you think we'll debut soon?" Sung Jin, the youngest trainee, asked while sitting down next to Hyuk.

"Who knows.." Junsu sighed.

"Wait.." Hyuk spoke.

"What is it?" Sung Jin asked.

"The girls just debuted and B.A.P are having a comeback after them.." Hyuk said.

"And?" Junsu asked impatiently.

"That means there is no way we are debuting this year because he won't put us together with B.A.P."

"Did you really expect to debut this year?" Junsu mocked. "The CEO doesn't like us."

"The CEO doesn't like anyone." Hyuk said.

"That's true.." Sung Jin mumbled.

"Let's get back to practice.. At this rate we won't debut next year either." Junsu said and stood up.

 

~

 

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked Jinu when we were left alone in the room.

"I know you have group schedules and there is the rhythmic gymnastics thing, but there are a few more schedules that you need to do."

"Alone?"

"Yes." Jinu said.

"What is it?"

"A few veriety and entertainment shows appearances."

"I'll do that." I smiled. Maybe it's a good thing to get busy.. This way the thoughts about Yongguk won't hunt me.

"Give me every job you can. I'll do it happily." I said.

"Are you sure?" Jinu hesitated.

"Yes." I smiled brightly, trying to reassure him. "I can handle it. And I want to get us famous."

"Are you sure it's not related to Yongguk?" he asked, examining me. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. I knew this was coming.. Stupid Sumi. Why did she have to mention it in front of everyone?

"Of course not!" I exclaimed. "Besides, me and Yongguk are not related anymore, so it has nothing to do with him."

"Do you want to talk?" Jinu asked softly.

"There is nothing to talk about. Things happen." I shrugged.

"Hyeri.."

"I'm fine. It's easier for you this way, right? And the CEO should be happy as well.." I could feel a few tears threatening to fall, but I tried to stop them. I'm not going to cry in front of Jinu.

"That's not the problem.." Jinu sighed. "I want you to be happy."

"I am happy." I faked a smile. "Being single is really great."

"You are a crappy liar." he stated. Why is everyone saying that to me today?

"Thanks." I said sarcastically.

"If you change your mind and if you want to talk, I'm here." Jinu squeezed my hand reassuringly.

"Thanks, oppa." I smiled, this time a real smile.

 

~

 

"Where is Yongguk?" B.A.P's manager stormed into the practice room. Judging by his expression, he was mad.

"Bathroom?" Daehyun offered quickly.

"Don't lie to me!" the manager snapped.

"Hyung, did something happened?" Himchan asked.

"What's wrong with your eye?" the manager inquired and Himchan sighed quietly. He had enough of this question today.. If Yongguk wasn't his best friend he would have made him pay for forcing him to deal with this question countless times.

"I bumped into something." Himchan said. Well, that's partially true..

"Was that something a fist?"

"Does it matter?" Himchan shrugged.

"Fine." their manager sighed heavily. "If you see Yongguk tell him to come see me."

"Yes, hyung." the boys said together.

 

~

 

After Jinu left the room I stayed there a few more minutes by myself to rearrange my thoughts. I cried silently, trying not to draw unwanted attention from outside. When I calmed down I made sure my face look fine and got out of the room.

I walked absentmindedly in the hallway until I bumped into someone. I lifted my gaze and saw the last person I wanted to meet - Yongguk.

"Move." I ordered coldly.

"No."

"I'll scream."

"Go ahead. They'll think it's a lovers quarrel."

"We have nothing to talk about." I stated.

"Stop running away from me." Yongguk asked and put his hand on my shoulder. I moved it harshly.

"We don't have anything to do with each other anymore."

"Why are you pushing me away?" he asked. He looked so vulnerable and miserable that my instinct told me to hug him, but I ignored it. He doesn't deserve it.

"You really have some nerve.." I muttered. "You pushed me away the moment you kissed someone else."

"It was after you broke up with me." Yongguk responded and I could feel my blood boil.

"Then go to that person to console you. It's not my job anymore."

"I want you."

"You already lost me." I stated, glaring at him.

I started passing him, but he grabbed my arm to stop me from leaving.

"Why am I never good enough for you?" he asked. I turned to him, clenching my fists.

"Do you think it's funny?" I swallowed my saliva, trying to calm myself down a bit before I'll explode. "Like it's not enough you went to another girl the minute we broke up, now you are even making fun of me?"

"I am serious."

"Stay the hell out of my life."

"You are really on a whole new level.." he sighed.

"What does that supposed to mean?!" I exclaimed.

"Do you even know why I did that?"

"Isn't it obvious?" I scoffed. "You didn't love me. Not one bit."

"Or maybe I was just tired of being the only one caring in this relationship." he retorted, taking me by surprise.

"You're right. I didn't care about you. That's why I got myself involved with Zico, right? Because I just love hanging out with him.." I said sarcastically.

"That's not what I meant.." he said softly.

"I don't care what you meant." I snapped. "In fact, I don't care about anything related to you. Just like you said, you were the only one caring. So go care about Sumi and leave me alone."

"Hyeri.." Yongguk pleaded.

"We're done." I declared and walked away. The only thing I didn't see was Yongguk's tears.

 


 

Author's Note:

 

I'm sorry it took me a while to update. I just started school and my semester is quite packed..

I'll think I'll update once a week, during the weekends, because I don't have much time to write during the week.. I'll try my best, but sometimes it might take me a little more than that to update, depends on my assignments.

Either way, I'm apologizing if you'll have to wait for the next updates.

 

As for the chapter - Whoever guessed it was Hyeri seeing the kiss, you were right :)

I need another chapter (or two) to finish this never-ending day.. But a lot of things happened, and this chapter is quite long :)

 

So, are you excited for the album?

 

Tell me your thoughts! <3

 

thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing! :)

 

M.