Chapter 124

Masks

When I entered the practice room in the morning something caught my attention. In the corner of the room there was several water bottles and a few energy bars. There was a note attached to it, but it was printed and not handwritten, making it harder to identify the sender. I read the note - "You need to eat properly to gain energy. Don't forget to drink so you won't get hydrated". I smiled while reading it and put the note aside. I wonder who it's from since it can't be from Matt, who is supposed to come here any moment now because we have practice.

A few moments after, Hyuk entered the practice room.

"Hyuk?" I asked, surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"Checking up on you on my way up." he smiled innocently. He was dressed in a pair of jeans and a white tshirt. Even if his body was covered, you could still see how well built he is.

"How did you know I'm here?" I asked, tearing my gaze away from his appearance and fixating it on his brown eyes.

"Just a guess."

"Just admit that you stalked me." I teased.

"Hey, I don't use such lame methods. If I want to hit on a girl I'm doing it straightforwardly like a man."

"So those are not from you?" I asked and pointed at the stack of snacks and water bottles.

"Sorry, sunshine." Hyuk shook his head. "But you should really take care of yourself." he poked my forehead.

"Don't treat me like a kid." I pouted.

"But you're cute like one." he pinched my cheeks playfully.

"Aigoo.. You're lucky I'm single." I poked his forehead.

"Why? Are you interested in me?" Hyuk smirked.

"I'm only dating bad guys, so you're not really an option.." I stuck my tongue out.

"I can be bad if you want me to.." he approached me, trying to look fierce. He kept closing the distance between us until we were millimeters apart. I could feel his breath on my mouth and my breath slowly became heavier. I was sure I was blushing as well.

"I have a dating ban." I pushed him backwards.

"You can be pretty violent as well.." Hyuk chuckled. I didn't push him that hard since we were just fooling around, but I guess he was surprised from my strength.

"You are late if you're only discovering it now.." I teased.

"I don't believe rumors until I see it with my own eyes." he stated, staring at me.

"That's good." I smiled.

"You should smile more." he stated and I felt myself blush for the second time since he came. He is really sweet.

"I smile if I have a reason to." I shrugged.

"You know, your prettiest smiles were when you were with Yongguk. Both of you looked like the happiest people on earth."

"You should go, you're going to be late for practice."

"Yes, ma'am." Hyuk saluted and went out of the room, heading towards the third floor.

 

~

 

"Oppa.." Sey called while hugging Himchan tightly.

"What?" Himchan asked, hugging her tighter.

"I'm worried."

"About what?" he asked while looking at her.

"Hyeri and Yongguk." she said and buried her face in his shirt. Himchan sighed.

"I know.." he patted her back gently. "I'm worried too, but we need to let them solve this on their own."

"Hyeri is really stubborn, there is no way she'll back down."

"Well, Yongguk is the only one that can get to her, so let's hope he'll manage to do that."

"I hate Sumi." Sey muttered. "It's all her fault."

"She is your group member, be nice to her." Himchan poked Sey's forehead.

"None of you like her, why are you scolding me for that?" Sey exclaimed.

"Because we don't have to work with her while you do."

"But she is annoying." Sey pouted.

"I know she is, but please try not to fight with her. You might unconsciously do it in front of the camera as well and it doesn't look good." he reasoned.

"Why are you so smart?"

"Because I'm Kim Himchan." he smirked and Sey hit his chest.

"Yah! That hurt!" he exclaimed.

"You deserved it."

 

~

 

"One, two, three.."

"Hello, we are Peppermint and we are going to refresh your day!" we greeted.

"Our lovely Refresheners, we are happy to see you again!" Sey exclaimed happily.

"Today is Monday, so it means it's time to introduce the second corner of 'Meet The Peppermints'!" Yujin said.

"Right. Today's segment is 'Truth Or Dare' and we are going to do it every Monday." Eun Hee said.

"This segment is similar to the game you all probably know." Sumi started explaining. "We have a box here." she said and showed the camera the box one of the staff members gave her. "Inside the box there are two types of cards - 'Truth' and 'Dare'."

"The 'Truth' cards contain a fact or a funny story about one of us and it can be true or false. We need to decide if the story is false or not and if we think it's true we have to guess which member it refers to." I added. "Of course you can try and guess as well and we will try to read your comments during the show."

"The 'Dare' cards contain a mission or a question and the person that took it out has to do it." Sumi continued.

"We wrote a few things ourselves as well to put in the box so it'll be more interesting, and you can send us questions and missions, our staff will go over it and put the best ones inside the box for the future corners." Sey said.

"But please note that swear words or questions too personal or offensive won't be counted." Eun Hee added.

"We don't know what's written in the notes, so it's going to be a surprise for us as well." I said.

"Shall we start?" Yujin asked.

"Obviously!" Eun Hee exclaimed and we all sat down, placing the box with the cards in the middle.

"Who's starting?" Sumi asked.

"Let's go by our sitting order.." I offered and the girls nodded.

"Sey, you're first." Yujin stated.

"Magic box, please be nice to me." Sey said before pulling a card out of it.

"Dare!" Sumi exclaimed after Sey took out a red card.

"Read it!" Eun Hee goaded Sey.

"Imitate the member sitting next to you." Sey read the mission written on her card and lookd at me. I was the one sitting next to her, so she was supposed to imitate me.

"Do it." I said, smiling. It's going to be interesting..

Sey cleared and started imitating me. She tried to do my high note in our song but failed miserabely since she is a rapper and her signing is relatively weak. We started laughing and Sey got embarrassed and covered her face.

"I think it's safe to say that it's hard to replace Hyeri." Yujin said while trying to hold her laughter.

"How about we do a high note competition?" Eun Hee suggested.

"Let's do it!" Sumi was the first to say.

"I'm in as well!" Yujin declared.

"I already did my turn.." Sey said.

"I was the one offering it, so obviously I'm in." Eun Hee said, smiling.

"Alright!" Yujin exclaimed. "Hyeri, please show us your high note."

I did the high note from "Oppa Is Mine" and the other girls did it in their turn, according to our sitting order. Yujin and Eun Hee failed so only Sumi was left. Surprisingly, she did the high note quite well so we went for another round, going an octave higher. I finished my turn successfuly and the girls cheered. When Sumi did her high note her voice cracked and I smiled, happy I won. She might have did my high note in our song well by chance, but I'm still a better vocalist than her. She is not taking this position away from me.

"Hyeri is the winner.." Sey declared and raised my hand while Sumi frowned. "Hyeri is our main vocalist for a reason.."

"But all of you sing well." I said. "Although it's hard to tell with Sey's imitation.."

"Yah!" Sey playfully got annoyed.

"Hyeri, what's the highest note you can reach?" Yujin asked curiously.

"I'm not sure.." I said. "But the hardest high note I did was when I sang 'Alive' (Sia) for the evaluations."

"It's also the video the company uploaded when they introduced us, right?" Eun Hee asked.

"Yes. It looks fine in the video, but while practicing it I had a hard time reaching the high note and it's a coincidence I succeeded in the evaluations.. I really thought I would mess up like in the rehearsals."

"That's a hard one to do." Yujin said.

"How about you try doing it again?" Sumi asked. "Sing this part of the song."

"She just told you she can't do it because it's hard." Sey told her, trying not to look to annoyed because we are being filmed.

"But she can try for our fans.. I'm sure they'll be happy if she'll do it." Sumi said, smiling innocently.

"I can try, but it's really hard." I said, feeling uneasy. If I mess up it won't look good even if it's a hard song, and I'm not sure my throat is in a good condition at the moment because of all the promotions..

I tried singing it and thankfully my throat cooperated and I sang it right, leaving Sumi speechless and annoyed, although she tried to hide it.

"Good job, Hyeri!" the girls clapped and cheered.

"Thanks." I thanked them shyly.

"It's your turn to choose a card." Eun Hee stated and pointed at the box.

"Alright." I took out a blue card out of the box.

"My boyfriend dumped me a couple of days ago because I'm ugly." I read the card to myself and the blood drained from my face. Luckily I didn't read it out loud becauae it would have been a problem.

"What is it?" Sey asked when she saw my reaction. She took the card from me and read it, the color disappearing from her face as well.

"This card is here by mistake." Sey said and put the card in her pocket after crumpling it in her hand.

"What did it say?" Yujin asked curiously.

"Someone put curses on it." Sey made an excuse that will sound reasonable.

"What a bored person.." Yujin mumbled.

"Hyeri, why don't you take another card?" Eun Hee offered.

"Sure." I smiled and tried my luck again. It was another blue card, but this time there was a different fact on it - "I have a contact on my phone saved as ''".

"I know!" Sumi exclaimed. "I think it's Hyeri."

"I think it's Hyeri as well." Yujin said shyly.

"I vote for Sey." Eun Hee said.

"Why me?" Sey exclaimed.

"Because it just seem like that.." Eun Hee said innocently and Sey pouted.

"I think it's Sumi." Sey said.

"Our fans think it's Sumi as well." Yujin said after skimming the comment section.

"It's not me! Sumi exclaimed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"What do you think, Hyeri?" Eun Hee asked.

"I admit it's mine." I said shyly and started to blush.

"See? I told you it's her!" Sumi exclaimed happily.

"Please tell us the story behind it." Yujin said.

"Well.. I usually don't do this, but I was mad at someone lately so I changed his name to this out of anger."

"Why were you mad at him?" Sumi asked, pretending to ask an innocent question.

"It was someone close to me and we had a fight about something and I got hurt, that's why I changed it." I explained, trying to answer the question in order to not raise suspicion but still keep it vague so people won't suspect anything. Some things are better kept hidden.

"Does he know about it?" Sey asked.

"If he didn't, now he is going to know for sure." Eun Hee joked.

"Do you want to tell him something?" Sumi asked.

"Well, I'm not mad anymore, so let's just put this behind us and go on our separate ways."

 

~

 

"Oh, damn." Daehyun mumbled while watching the broadcast with the other boys.

"She handled it well even if Sumi tried to expose her." Youngjae stated.

"Are you okay?" Himchan asked Yongguk.

"Yes." Yongguk said, not tearing his eyes from the screen in front of him.

"Go fix your problem with her, hyung. I'm sure you can do it." Jongup said, trying to cheer Yongguk up.

"Just don't hurt her again." Zelo muttered.

 

~

 

"Sumi, pull out a card." Yujin said.

"Alright." Sumi said and inserted her hand to the box, grabbing a card.

"A dare!" Eun Hee exclaimed when she saw the red color.

"Do a y dance." Sumi read her mission.

"Why does she always get the things that fit her so well?" Sey pondered.

"It's better that I do that instead of Hyeri.." Sumi reasoned, not missing a chance to make fun of me.

"Well, everyone has the things they are good at.." I said, faking the brightest smile I could muster.

"I have the perfect music for it!" Eun Hee said and started playing a song on her phone.

Sumi got up and stood in the center, starting to dance to the music. When she finished we clapped, cheering her.

"Eun Hee, it's your turn." Sey stated while Sumi sat in her place again.

"Another dare.." Eun Hee said and examined the card in her hand. "Show us the screen saver in your phone."

"Why does eveyone get easy things?" I asked.

"You're just unlucky." Sumi teased.

"My screen saver is a picture of us from our debut showcase." Eun Hee said and showed her screen to the camera, revealing the picture.

"Oh, I have this picture as my screen saver as well!" I exclaimed when I saw the picture and showed my phone to the camera. "Since you are the most important thing to me.."

"Stop being cheesy.." Yujin said and faked a disgusted face, which made me laugh.

"I was serious though. I don't have much left beside you and our fans.."

"Well, you always have us." Sey said and hugged me and I slowly started to smile.

"I think Hyeri is the female Daehyun." Eun Hee commented.

"How is that?" Sey asked.

"She is our main vocalist and she is a fan of our group and her fans."

"Well, first, it's a compliment being compared to him because he is a really good singer." I said, blushing from the compliment. "And second, I wish I could eat as much as him.." I finished my sentence and the girls laughed.

"And he doesn't seem to gain weight no matter how much he eats, which is also a source of envy. I gain weight easily." I added.

"You're really skinny, what are you complaining about?" Yujin asked.

"I'm skinny only because I don't eat properly, which is bad and unhealthy." I said. "And I also practice a lot."

"Unnie, you should take care of your health because we need you for promoting." Eun Hee said.

"I'm trying to." I smiled shyly. "Thanks."

"Yujin, you're next." Sumi said, interrupting the sweet moment.

"Let's see what I'll get.." Yujin said and pulled a blue card out of the box. "When I was a kid, I got my appendix out."

"That's difficult." Sey said.

"Wait, shouldn't you have a scar from it if you did the surgery?" Yujin asked.

"You should.." Sumi said.

"Which one of us has a scar there?" I joked

"I know!" Sey exclaimed. "It's Sumi!"

"That makes sense.." Eun Hee mumbled. "I'll go with Sumi as well."

"I choose Sumi as well." I said quietly.

"What about you, Yujin?" Sey asked.

"Same." she said.

"Then, Sumi, tell us the truth." Eun Hee said.

"Fine, it's me." Sumi sighed. "But the scar I have is really small and you can barely notice it."

"There is nothing wrong with having scars.. It shows your life experience. Beside, everyone is pretty in their own way." I said.

"True.." Sey agreed.

"Can we do another round?" Yujin asked and I looked at Jinu, who signaled us to finish.

"We need to finish because we have schedules.." I mumbled.

"Too bad.." Yujin pouted. "But it was fun!"

"It really was." we agreed.

"We are hoping you had fun as well because we enjoyed it a lot." Eun Hee said.

"We will do it again soon and hopefully we'll have more time to do this next time." Sumi said.

"Please send us questions and missions!" Sey asked.

"It will be boring if our staff comes up with everything.." Yujin added, pouting.

"Yah!" one of the staff members exclaimed from the back.

"Sorry, oppa." Yujin apologized and bowed.

"We will see you again soon!" Eun Hee called.

"Until next time.."

"We are Peppermint and we are going to refresh your day!"

 

~

 

"That was nice." Sey said when we finished.

"It was." Yujin agreed.

"Sumi, what's your problem?" I asked.

"You." she smiled sweetly.

"You were the one putting the card Hyeri got inside the box, didn't you?" Sey asked, glaring at Sumi.

"Prove it." Sumi said innocently.

"You brat!" Sey raised her voice from annoyance.

"Jinu oppa! Sey is bullying me!" Sumi ran to Jinu, hiding behind his back. I rolled my eyes. Does she really think he'll buy it? He spends enough time with us to know what's going on..

"What did you do?" Jinu asked Sumi and moved so he won't hide her anymore. I couldn't help but chuckle watching this. He is really the best.

"Nothing. Sey is being a ." Sumi muttered.

"Call me a one more time and I'll ruin your pretty face." Sey threatened.

"See?! I told you she is bullying me!" Sumi complained again.

"You started it." Jinu said dryly. "Sey, please don't do anything stupid."

"Yes, oppa."

"Sumi, what did you do to annoy her?" Jinu turned to Sumi.

"Nothing."

"She was the one putting the card that startled Hyeri in the box." Sey said.

"You don't have a proof!" Sumi exclaimed.

"Who else would want to brag about Hyeri getting dumped?" Sey retorted.

"I didn't get dumped." I stated. "I broke up with him."

"As if." Sumi snorted. "Who are you trying to fool?"

"Go ask your precious boyfriend then, see what he says about it." I said.

"I don't need to." Sumi said confidently. "And it's good you're ready to move on, he doesn't need you in his life."

"He doesn't need you either.." I muttered quietly and I could hear Sey chuckle next to me. Luckily Sumi didn't hear it.

"I will gladly move on." I told Sumi, smiling brightly. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have things to do."

 

~

 

"I can do this." Youngjae told himself while taking deep breaths. "It's not hard. I just need to talk to her normally."

"What are you doing?" Daehyun popped out of nowhere, putting his hand on Youngjae's shoulder.

"Nothing." Youngjae shrugged, shaking off Daehyun's hand.

"Have you talked to Eun Hee yet?" Daehyun asked.

"No."

"Then what are you waiting for?"

"For you to stop bugging me." Youngjae retorted. He knows Daehyun has good intentions and that he is just trying to help, but sometimes it's too much and he is just stressing him out instead of helping him.

"Not going to happen." Daehyun smirked. "Shouldn't you be thankful I'm trying to help?"

"No."

"I'm hurt." Daehyun clutched his heart, pretending to be hurt.

"I don't remember you did that well with Narae, so I don't think you're the right person to give me advice about it.." Youngjae said.

"That's different!" Daehyun exclaimed. "At least I'm dating, as opposed to you.." Daehyun retorted and Youngjae sighed.

"I should go." Youngjae said dryly and walked away.

 

~

 

"Hyeri!" Jinu called me when I was about to leave the practice room after our practice ended.

"What is it, oppa?" I asked, smiling.

"There are some people that want to talk to you."

"Who?" I asked curiously. No one is supposed to come looking for me as far as I know..

"A couple of writers, a producer and a casting manager from Mnet."

"Is it about Jongup's dance show?" I asked. That's the only Mnet show I'm related to in a way..

"No. It's something else." Jinu smiled.

"Then what is it?" my curiousity was rising.

"You'll find out when you'll meet them. We should go, they are already waiting for you."

"Oppa.."

"What?"

"I just finished practice, I'm smelly and ugly at the moment.." I said shyly and Jinu sighed.

"Go wash up quickly, you have five minutes. Wear comfortable clothes."

"Yes, oppa."

 

~

 

"Hyuk!" Yongguk called when he noticed Hyuk on the way to the cafeteria.

"Hey, hyung." Hyuk smiled and bowed.

"How are you?" Yongguk asked.

"I'm great, but you don't look so good.."

"I'm fine." Yongguk shrugged. "How is practice going?"

"Good." Hyuk smiled.

"Listen.." Yongguk shifted his weight from one foot to another.

"Hmm?"

"Thanks." Yongguk finally said after hesitating for a few moments.

"For what?"

"For helping me this morning.. And for taking care of her."

"No problem." Hyuk smiled. "I don't know what happened between the two of you, but it looks like you need each other and you are just being stubborn, so I'm going to help if I can."

"Thank you."

"Hyung.."

"What?"

"Just don't hurt her again, okay? She is sensitive."

"Of course." Yongguk smiled, trying to hide his uneasiness.

"Then I should be going, hyung." Hyuk said and bowed.

"Wait a moment!" Yongguk called after him.

"What is it?"

"I need another favor.."

 

~

 

I showered the fastest I could. I needed a long and relaxing shower after practice, but I don't have time to do this. I brushed my hair and examined my reflection in the mirror. I look pale and I also look sick because I lost weight. I have dark circles under my eyes and even my hair is not cooperating. I sighed and threw the fallen hairs in my palm to the garbage.

"I can do this." I told myself and took a deep breath. I need to succeed for my group. It's my responsibility to make us popular because I'm the leader. "I'm going to nail it. Fighting!"

When I walked out of the dressing room I noticed there was a small bucket filled with lollipops near the door. There was also a printed note attached to the bucket - "You are pretty today and your smile is priceless. Please keep smiling :)". I smiled while reading the note and took the bucket with me.

"I don't know who you are, but thank you. You made me smile." I mumbled.

"Ready?" Jinu was waiting outside.

"Yes."

"Good." he smiled.

"Am I dressed well?" I asked and stopped so he could examine my appearance. I tried dressing prettily but comfortably, like Jinu ordered.

"Perfect."

"Oppa.."

"What?"

"Did you see who put it in the dressing room?" I asked and showed him the lollipops bucket. If he was waiting outside he probably saw who put it there..

"No." he said and I tried to hide my disappointment.

"Thanks." I said.

"No problem, kiddoh." he said and kept walking while I followed him. His back was facing me, so I didn't see he was actually smiling.

 

We entered one of the conference rooms. Yoona was there with four people I didn't recognize.

"This is Hyeri. This is the girl I told you about earlier." Jinu said.

"Pretty.." the only man in the group mumbled and I blushed, tucking a few hairs behind my ear from nervousness.

"Hello.." I greeted the guests and bowed. They bowed as well.

"Please sit down." the man said and I sat down on one of the empty chairs. Jinu sat next to me, close to Yoona.

"I'm Woo Jin. I'm a producer at Mnet. Nice to meet you." the mysterious man finally introduced himself and offered his hand for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you as well." I smiled and shook his hand.

"I'm Yumi, I'm a casting manager at Mnet." the tallest woman introduced herself.

"I'm Jisoo and I'm a writer." a chubby woman introduced herself. She had a black hair and tanned skin and she was beautiful.

"I'm Hye Bin and I'm also a writer." the woman wearing glasses said.

"Nice to meet all of you."

"You probably want to know why we are here, right?" Woo Jin asked.

"Yes."

"Have you heard of 'Produce 101'?"

"Of course."

"We are planning to do something similar, but with existing girl group members. We want to form the ultimate girl group." Woo Jin explained.

"That's nice.." I mumbled, still confused about the reason I'm here.

"We want you to be one of the participants." Woo Jin said.

"Oh.."

"If you have questions about it, it's the time to ask."

"Why me?" I asked the first thing that came to my mind. There are other idols more talented than me that could fit.

"We are casting idols from different groups, and you are one of them."

"I see.."

"We saw videos of you and you seem talented. I think you could do well in our show." Woo Jin complimented when he saw I was unsatisfied with his answer.

"Thank you."

"Are you interviewing the other girls in my group as well?" I asked after a moment and Woo Jin exchanged weird looks with Jinu and Yoona.

"That's a bit.." Woo Jin mumbled, flustered.

"Hyeri, be polite." Jinu scolded. "You can't ask things like this."

"Why? I think they can do well." I insisited.

"We wanted to cast all of you, but the company only allows us to cast you." Yumi finally spoke.

"What?" I asked, confused. Why would the company do that?

"Hyeri." Yoona spoke. "We know what we are doing. The other girls are not ready yet for these kind of things."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, still confused.

"It can hurt your image if we send the other girls, so we are sending you because you can do well. All the companies are acting like this since there are things at risk. People will forgive trainees for being bad, but it's different with debuted idols."

"But we're rookies.. We just debuted."

"It doesn't matter. The public doesn't see the difference."

"Fine." I sighed. "Tell me about the show."

"Like I told you earlier, the concept is similar to 'Produce 101'. It's a survival show, but you also have missions to do. It's a great chance to show your talent and the prize is promoting in this project group for a limited time. You will be the next national girl group, just like I.O.I."

"I see.." I mumbled and shifted uncomfortably in my seat. I don't like this concept.. They should send Sumi since she wants to do this. I don't like competitions.

"Hyeri." Jinu said, cutting my trail of thoughts.

"Yes, oppa?" I asked.

"It's a really good opportunity to gain fans." Jinu said and from his tone I realized that is has already been decided and that there is no way out. He does have a point, though.. We need exposure and this is a great way to do it. We can earn a lot of new fans if I do it, but still.. Can't they send Sumi?

"There are prizes during the show as well. The winners of every week will get to perform on 'M! Countdown' and we will also release the songs as digital singles. It's a huge opportunity to get famous. Do you know how many idols want to do it? You get it for free." Woo Jin kept trying to persuade me. "And from what I saw, you can be in the top 10."

"You say that to everyone, don't you?" I joked.

"Maybe." he smirked. "But you are pretty and talented, so you have a big chance to make it." he complimented and I blushed.

"Sounds great.." I mumbled and tried to smile. I was still feeling uneasy about this whole thing, but it doesn't look like I have a choice.. The company already decided for me.

"Good." Woo Jin smiled brightly. "You can ask us other questions if you want to, I'll give you my business card. Or you can ask your manager and the PR team in your company."

"Thank you."

"Make sure to call, I'll answer you straight away." he winked and it turned my stomach.

"Hyeri." Yumi said.

"Yes?" I asked her, smiling.

"We have already decided to cast you, but you need to have an audition just like everyone else."

"Oh.."

"So we are going to do this now." she smiled. "Do you mind if we film it? It's the procedure."

"No problem." I smiled politely.

"Great." Yumi smiled and Woo Jin stood up and started adjusting the camera.

"I don't have any makeup on.. Will it be a probelm?" I asked, feeling self conscious all of a sudden.

"No, it's perfect." Yumi smiled warmly.

"Alright."

 

~

 

Yongguk was walking in the hallway when he noticed the girls waiting outside one of the conference rooms.

"Boo!" he said from behind them and the girls jumped, startled.

"Bang Yongguk! You scared me!" Sey exclaimed and hit Yongguk's shoulder.

"What are all of you doing here?" he asked curiously. He noticed Hyeri wasn't there and he was disappointed, but he can look for her afterwards.

"Hyeri is inside, talking to some people from Mnet." Yujin said. So that's where she is.. Maybe she is getting casted in a show. It can only help the girls.

"I want to listen as well." Yongguk said and got closer to the door, trying to eavesdrop.

"Bang Yongguk!" Sumi exclaimed, stomping her feet angrily, but he ignored it, to the amusement of the other girls.

 

~

 

We waited until Woo Jin turned the video camera on and Yumi sat behind it.

"I'm going to ask a few questions now, okay?" Yumi asked, smiling.

"Sure." I smiled, trying to relax. I'm still not used to being filmed, especially if it's just me and the other girls are not here.

"Please introduce yourself. Please tell us how long you trained and what you did before debuting."

"My name is Kim Hyeri. I'm 23 years old and I was born in Seoul. I got accepted to TS Entertainment as a trainee in August last year. In February I was a backup dancer for B.A.P's comeback, along with the other female trainees in the company and I had a tiny dance solo with Jongup and Zelo from B.A.P in their stages. I also appeared in their music video for this song with the rest of the girls. In May I was featured in Bang Yongguk's solo, 'Prey', and we promoted the song together. I debuted two weeks ago in a girl group named 'Peppermint' with the other female trainees. Our debut album is called '5:25' and our title song is 'Oppa Is Mine' and we are currently promoting it in music shows and other activities. I'm the leader, main vocalist and main dancer of the group and I love it. I'm happy being part of the group and I love my group members a lot. I think we have a good chemistry together and we get along well."

"Why did you want to be a singer?" Yumi asked.

"I want to make people happy."

"Name your favorite singers."

"There are a lot. If I have to name a few then it's B.A.P and Ailee. I also respect Zico as a musician and I admire his work. The same goes for GD."

"Would you want to work with them in the future?"

"If I get a chance I'll be happy to. It's a huge honor."

"Who are your role models?"

"B.A.P. I admire their hard work and the way they worked their way up from the bottom and the fact that they stay humble even after getting famous. I want to be like that and I hope that one day I will have a tenth of their popularity.."

"Please sing something." Yumi asked, taking me by surprise.

"I'm going to sing 'Gone Not Around Any Longer' (Sistar19)." I mentioned the first song I could think of. Myabe it wasn't the best choice, but that's the first song that came to my mind, probably because it fits my mood so well.

"That's an interesting choice." she commented.

"Thank you."

I started singing and just on cue, when I reached the line talking about hating seeing myself break down, a tear slipped from my eyes. I ignored it and continued singing, hoping it won't affect me too much. I need to do well.

 

~

 

"She sings well." Eun Hee commented after Hyeri started to sing. They didn't hear everything that happened in the room because the door blocked some of the noise, but Hyeri's singing could be heard loud and clear.

"Yongguk.." Sey whispered.

"What?" he looked at her, his attention still focused on what's happening inside the room.

"If you know Hyeri you should know where her heart really is.."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Sometimes you just have to listen. Not everything is being said, especially with Hyeri's character." she said and pointed at the door, hinting at Hyeri's singing.

"I need to go." Yongguk said dryly and straightened his body.

"Oppa! Where are you going?" Sumi asked in her high pitched voice, clinging onto Yongguk's arm.

"Somewhere far form you." he stated and pushed her hand away.

 

~

 

"I'm sorry.." I apologized when I finisehd singing and wiped my tears.

"You don't have to be sorry." Yumi smiled warmly.

"That was pretty good." Woo Jin said.

"Thank you."

"How about you show us your dance?" Yumi offered.

"Sure." I said and stood up.

 

~

 

"Sumi!" Junsu called when he noticed a familiar figure walking down the hallway.

"Hey." Sumi smiled brightly.

"Are you free at the moment?" Junsu asked.

"Sure. Do you have something interesting to offer me?" she asked while her hand traveled along his chest suggestively.

"Always." Junsu smirked.

 

~

 

"I think we have everything we need." Woo Jin said.

"Thanks, Hyeri. It was really nice meeting you." Yumi said and offered her hand for a handshake.

"Thank you. It was nice meeting you as well." I smiled shyly.

"Hyeri, we will be in touch." Woo Jin said and winked and the guests left.

"You did well." Yoona said when it was only the two of us and Jinu in the conference room.

"Thanks. I tried." I blushed.

"Good job." Jinu complimented as well, patting my back.

"Oppa.."

"Hmm?"

"Is it really impossible to have one of the girls join me?"

"It's not my decision."

 

~

 

Sumi adjusted her clothes after spending time with Junsu. If Yongguk can do whatever he want, so can she. From the corner of her eye she could see Hyeri leaving the conference room with Jinu and Yoona.

"Maybe it's time to start plan B.." Sumi thought to herself while going in the opposite direction in search of Yongguk.

 

~

 

"Moonduck!" Yujin called.

"Hey, Yujin." Jongup smiled shyly.

"Where are you going?" Yujin asked curiously.

"Practice room."

"I'll go with you." she smiled.

"Why?" Jongup asked curiously.

"I need to work on my dance."

"Do you need help?"

"I'm fine." she smiled. "You should practice on your own things.."

"I can still help you."

"Only if it's not affecting your practice." Yujin bit her lower lip nervously.

"It's not." he reassured her.

"Then let's go."

 

~

 

"Yongguk oppa!" Sumi called happily while entering the studio.

"Get lost." Yongguk muttered.

"Why are you so mean to me?" Sumi pouted and Yongguk rolled his eyes. "I have an interesting information for you."

"I'm not interested."

"But it's related to Hyeri.."

"It's probably lies."

"I have proof this time." Sumi claimed.

"What do you want?" Yongguk sighed and turned to face her.

"Not so fast, honey." Sumi smirked. "Give me something in return."

"You were the one that came looking for me." Yongguk reminded her.

"Fine." she crossed her arms over her chest, annoyed. "Let's go to my dorm, it's there."

 

~

 

Yongguk didn't think Sumi was telling the truth, but he was curious as to what she wants to show him. He followed her to Peppermint's dorm, hoping he could see Hyeri there. He knew she probably wouldn't talk to him, but just seeing her from afar will make him happy. He really missed her.

To Yongguk's disappointment, when they reached the apartment it was empty. He scanned the place. It looked exactly like he remembered. He could even identify a few of Hyeri's things scattered around the apartment. When his eyes landed on the couch in the living room he remembered sleeping there with Hyeri after she was at the hotel with Zico and a smile appeared on his face. He would be happy to do that again, but right now he will be satisfied with her not running away from him.

Sumi led him to the bedroom and his eyes landed on Hyeri's bed. She has a Shishimato doll she bought before coming to TS, and he was happy to see she still kept the doll close to her even if she is mad at him at the moment, because it still makes her think of him. Her pajamas was folded neatly on her bed, below her pillow. His eyes moved across the room and there was something else that caught his attention - A small box placed on Hyeri's nightstand. Inside the box laid a familiar star shaped earrings, the ones he bought her. She never took it off because it was special to her, but apparently right now it's not anymore..

"Oppa.." Sumi's voice cut his thought off.

"What?" Yongguk asked, turning to look at her.

"Did you get dumped or did you dump Hyeri?" Sumi asked.

"Is that why you called me here?" Yongguk asked impatiently.

"Answer me."

"She dumped me."

"Do you want to know why?" Sumi asked, raising Yongguk's curiousity.

"Tell me."

"She has a sponsor." Sumi said and Yongguk snorted.

"Do you really expect me to believe this?" Yongguk asked. "If you are going to make things up, at least make it believeable."

"I'm serious."

"Show me proof."

"I knew you would ask.." Sumi smirked and opened the closet's door.

"What are you doing?" Yongguk asked.

"This is Hyeri's section in the closet." Sumi said and pointed at one of the shelves. Yongguk recognized some of the clothes as Hyeri's clothes, but it still doesn't mean anything.

"And?" Yongguk asked impatiently.

"Look." Sumi took out a box placed on the shelf, above Hyeri's clothes.

"It's just a box." Yongguk shrugged.

"Open it." Sumi said and handed him the box. Yongguk lifted the cover, revealing a lingerie set inside.

"Read the note inside." Sumi said and Yongguk found the note easily. It had an hotel adress and a room number, along with an hour.

"You could have placed the box there in order to incriminate Hyeri." Yongguk reasoned. He knows Hyeri won't do these kind of things, and Sumi shouldn't be trusted. "How do I know it doesn't belong to you?"

"You won't." Sumi smiled brightly. "But think of it rationally - Hyeri stopped caring about you all of a sudden, enough for her to break up with you and keep rejecting you even when you try to make things work with her. And on top of that - She suddenly got casted in shows. Why do you think those people came talking to her today? She is the only one they talked to. Doesn't it look suspicious? She is obviously sleeping with someone there to get all these gigs."

"Stop talking about her." Yongguk muttered.

"How are you so sure I'm lying?" Sumi teased and caressed Yongguk's cheek. He didn't want to believe her, but Hyeri is being a little suspicious lately. And she did get casted for a show today..

 

~

 

I finally had a few free hours and I wanted to use them for sleeping. When I entered the dorm I could hear Sumi's voice from our room, so I assumed she is talking to one of the other girls. When I opened the door I froze in my place, my heart sinking. She was there with Yongguk, and she caressed his cheek.

"Don't start crying.." I told myself.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you, I'll leave." I mumbled and hurried out of the room and out of the dorm. I should go back to the company, at least there I won't bump into them.

"Hyeri, wait!" Yongguk called after me, but I ignored him. Why do I have such a bad luck of seeing them in those situations all the time? The first time was more than enough for me.

I managed to ignore Yongguk until I reached the company, but then he caught me and dragged me to his studio.

"Let go!" I raised my voice.

"It's not what you think." Yongguk said.

"I don't think anything because I don't care anymore. You are allowed to do whatever you want."

"Why did you break up with me?" Yongguk asked, taking me by surprise. Why is he asking that now?

"You were there when we broke up, you should know."

"Do you have a sponsor?" he asked and my blood boiled. Does he really not know me? Is that what he really think I'm worth? Along with the anger boiling in me, hurt started to surface as well, but I didn't let it show. Well, I can play his little game as well. He started it.

"I do." I said confidently. I could see he was hurt, but I ignored it. It's his fault anyway.

"Is that why you broke up with me?"

"Yes. I'm not a cheater, so I thought it's better if we break up so you won't get hurt and so that you'll be free."

"Why are you doing this?"

"Because I want to be popular. I'm going to do everything I can to make it happen, including sleeping my way up."

"You're lying."

"Think whatever you want." I shrugged.

"You refused to do things with me, there is no way you are doing it with a stranger."

"That is work and this is my personal life. It's different."

"So your first time was with a erted old man?" he questioned.

"Yes." I lied. "He pays more for inexperienced girls. He has a for it."

"Hyeri."

"If you finished interrogating me, I need to go. I'm going to see him tonight as well."

"If you already slept with him, sleep with me as well. You shouldn't have a problem doing it." Yongguk said and my stomach turned. He is not really going to do this, right? Idiot Yongguk, why can't you see I'm lying? Do you really think I'm capable of doing this? I got mad at the ert at the fansign for being a ert, why would I do something like that?

"Pay me."

"Sure. Just tell me your rate.. I want everything."

"You can't afford me." I tried to find an excuse. Please don't do this..

"Try me." he smirked.

"I'm on my period, so I can't have at the moment." I lied.

"So what are you doing with him tonight?"

"Other things."

"Do the same with me." that annoying smirk appeared on his face again. He is not backing off, is he?

"I need to go." I said and turned to leave.

"Not so fast." he gripped my arm. Before I realized what's going on he kissed me. I tried to resist but he held me tightly.

"Let's me go." I said, trying to release myself.

"You were mine first. If you really are sleeping with him, I want the same." he said and kissed me again.

"Yongguk.." I mumbled when he bit my lower lip.

"I missed you like crazy." he said and started kissing my neck.

"Let me go."

"You are mine." he stated while his hands moved to my , squeezing it.

"Don't do this.." I pleaded.

"I will pay you more than that old man. Just be with me." his hands roamed over my body, including areas he didn't touch before.

"You can't make me famous." I said and pushed him away, leaving the studio.

 

~

 

"Hey." Youngjae sat next to Eun Hee on the couch in the playroom.

"Hey." she smiled shyly.

"What are you doing?"

"Watching tv." she said.

"Anything interesting?" Youngjae asked.

"Not really.." she said and unconsciously bit her lower lip, which Youngjae found cute.

"How about we'll watch a movie together?" Youngjae offered.

"Sure." Eun Hee smiled.

"Then how about you'll choose something and I'll go get us some popcorn?" Youngjae asked.

"No need to, I already have it!" Daehyun appeared at the door, a giant bowl of popcorn in his hands, along with a bottle of juice.

"Daehyun, what are you doing here?" Youngjae asked, trying not to look annoyed.

"Watching a movie?" Daehyun asked inncoently. "I was bored."

"I see.." Youngjae muttered.

"Why? Was I disturbing a date or something?" Daehyun smirked.

"Yes." Eun Hee said, surprising the boys.

"Youngjae, let's watch it somewhere else." Eun Hee said and grabbed Youngjae's hand, leading him outside the room.

"What the.." Daehyun mumbled, flustered.

 

~

 

When I settled in one of the empty rooms in the company I finally let my tears fall. What the hell was that? And what happened to the Yongguk I knew? He seemed possessed and determined to sleep with me. Yongguk will never do anything against my will, so why did he try to do it this time? If I hand't pushed him away he probably would have gotten further.. Did Sumi brainwash him that much in the short time they are dating? And why would he try doing something with me if he has Sumi? Is that an ego thing or something because he feels like he was supposed to be my first?

I had so many questions but so little answers. The only thing I knew for sure is that I don't like this Yongguk and that he scared me, which rarely happened.

The thing that hurt the most is that he actually thought I was capable of doing this. He should have known I will never do this kind of thing because it's against my character. On a second thought, I didn't think he'll try to force himsef on me either and he probably would have done that if I hadn't stopped him on time.

 

Zelo just finished working on some lyrics when he heard someone crying in one of the rooms. It was quiet, like the person inside tried to hide the fact he cried, but he still heard it since it's the only voice that could be heard at this hour since it was late.

He gathered his courage and entered the room. Inside, Hyeri was sitting near the wall, her knees folded to her chest and her head leaning on it, her forehead touching her knees. She was crying quite badly, and he could feel his fists clench.

"Hyeri?" he asked softly, trying not to scare her. She lifted her head to look at him, her eyes filled with tears.

"Zelo.." she mumbled.

"What's wrong?" he asked, crouching down in front of her.

"Yongguk.."

"It will be alright." Zelo just hugged her tightly, letting her cry on him.

 

~

 

"What was that for?" Youngjae asked Eun Hee while they were rushing down the hallway, trying to control their laughter.

"Well, you wanted help in convincing him, right?" Eun Hee asked.

"I did."

"Did I do well?"

"You did extremly well." Youngjae smiled.

"Did you see his face?" Eun Hee asked and both of them started laughing again.

"It was priceless."

"He is so innocent sometimes.."

"Eun Hee."

"Hmm?"

"Thanks."

"No problem." she smiled.

"Do.. You.. Still want to watch that movie?"

"Sure.."

 

~

 

When Yongguk came back to the dorm it was obvious he is in a bad mood.

Himchan was the only one in the dorm at the moment, and for a change he was glad it's like this because this way he could talk to Yongguk without interruptions.

"Bang?" Himchan asked carefully. "What's wrong?"

"Hyeri has a sponsor." Yongguk said while sitting down next to Himchan near the dining table. Himchan choked on the water he was drinking.

"I'm going to beg Hyeri to take to back because you are really losing it." Himchan said after bringing his breath back to normal.

"I'm being serious." Yongguk said and buried his head in his palms.

"Did she tell you that?"

"Yes."

"You probably misunderstood."

"I heard her say it with her own mouth." Yongguk insisted.

"I can promise you she didn't mean it."

"Then why did she break up with me?" Yongguk raised his voice, looking at Himchan.

"I don't know. What did she tell you when you broke up?"

"That I can do better."

"And you still don't get the problem?"

"No."

"The problem is not you, it's her."

"Because she has a sponsor. She told me she is not a cheater, that's why she broke it off."

"Do you really believe she will do something like this?" Himchan asked, staring intently at Yongguk.

"No, but she admitted it."

"It doesn't mean it's true." Himchan retorted. "It's Hyeri we're talking about."

"She had a meeting with some producers today." Yongguk tried to justify his reasoning.

"Yes, for a survival show like 'Produce 101'. If you know Hyeri, you'll know she doesn't like this kind of things and she is probably forced to do it." Himchan refuted Yongguk's claim.

"I saw a box with a lingerie and a note inside with a hotel room number."

"Are you sure it's Hyeri's?"

"It was in her closet."

"And someone could have put it there. You know the girls share their closet and their clothes, they said so themselves."

"It's still there."

"Wait a moment." Himchan said and took out his phone, searching for something online. When he found the video he wanted he showed it to Yongguk.

"Is it this box by chance?" Himchan asked while Yongguk watched the video. It was a video from the fansign and you could see the ert that bothered Hyeri giving her the box and she pushed it away.

"It is." Yongguk admitted and returned Himchan's phone to him.

"You got tricked, and Hyeri is probably suffering now thanks to you." Himchan said dryly, trying not to let his anger show.

"But Sumi was convincing.."

"Since when do you listen to Sumi?" Himchan raised his voice, his anger starting to show. "I never thought I would say this, but I'm really disappointed, Bang."

"How about you try to be in my place?" Yongguk was getting annoyed as well.

"I wouldn't go as far as listening to Sumi and thinking Hyeri is doing things that are opposite to her character."

"IF YOU KNOW HER SO WELL, HOW ABOUT YOU EXPLAIN TO ME WHY SHE IS PUSHING ME AWAY ALL THE TIME?!" Yongguk exploded.

"Because you are obviously not worth it." Himchan said and got up from his seat.

"Guys.." Zelo stood quietly in the entrance, too scared to interrupt the argument between his hyungs.

"What is it, Zelo?" Himchan asked softly.

"Hyeri was crying in the company earlier. She didn't tell me why, she only said it's related to Yongguk.. It was really bad." Zelo said, burying his eyes on the ground.

"You better find a way to fix this mess before it's too late." Himchan told Yongguk before leaving the room.

 


 

Author's Note:

 

A long chpter again, even longer than the previous one..

I had it planned as one chapter but it got longer than I planned so I decided to spoil you instead of splitting it to two chapters and leave you with a cliffhanger.

The next chapters should be shorter, so don't get used to this kind of chapters ;)

 

Tell me your thoughts on the chapter\story :)

 

What do you think of the first teasers for "Rose"? Any theories about the comeback concept?

 

Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, etc.

 

M.