Chapter 29

Masks

Day 1:

The music video was released yesterday, and today is the first music broadcast, on "The Show".

I was sharing a dressing room with Mamamoo. It's quite comfortable and the girls are nice and very friendly.

I was just finishing getting dressed when B.A.P's manager came in.

"Hyeri, go to Yongguk, tell him that there is a change in the scheduele and that your'e up after AOA, it's in 10 minutes."

"Where is he?" I asked.

"Go find VIXX's room, it's supposed to be down the hallway.. He is getting ready over there." The manager explained.

"Ok." I smiled and bowed.

I went out of the room to look for the right room. The hallway was long and full of rooms. I scanned the signs on the doors, but I couldn't see the one I was looking for. 

Finally, the last door was VIXX's room. I knocked on it hesitantly and waited. Ravi opened the door shirtless and scanned me. I lowered my eyes embarrassed, since I felt a bit uncomfortable looking at him like that.

"What are you doing here?" Ravi asked, leaning on the door.

"I.. I'm.. Looking.. For.." I stuttered. I still wasn't really looking at him, and my mind went blank from the stress.

"Ravi, what is it?" Hongbin asked from across the room.

"I don't know, she is not saying anything.."

Now Hongbin came closer and stood next to Ravi, examining me as well. They were probably trying to figure out what the hell I was doing there dressed like that and why I'm not talking.. So embarrassing. Where the hell is Yongguk when I need him?

"Do you think she is a sasaeng fan?" Hongbin asked, still looking intently at me.

"Yah! What do you want?" Ravi asked. He raised his voice a little and it was a bit scary.

"I.." I started to say weakly when I felt a hand covering my eyes. The person behind me turned me around so I'll face him. He removed his hand and I saw it was Yongguk. I was relieved.

"Hyeri, what are you doing here?" Yongguk asked.

"The manager asked me to tell you wer'e up after AOA, so be ready in 10 minutes." I said quickly.

"You know her?" Ravi asked.

"Yes. She is a trainee from our company, and she is helping me with my song." Yongguk answered and than poked my arm, signaling me to introduce myself. I noticed that the rest of VIXX were now standing there as well, looking curiously at us.

"I'm Hyeri, nice to meet you. And I'm sorry for the misunderstanding." I said and bowed.

"Pretty.." N mumbled.

"Yah, stop hitting on my dongsaeng." Yongguk .

"I'm not hitting on her, I'm just stating a fact." N smiled. At this point I was blushing, staring nervously at the floor.

"Guys, get dressed. your'e making her uncomfortable." Yongguk said when he noticed I'm staring at the floor instead of them. He read my mind well. Ravi, Ken and Leo, who were half-dressed since they were in the middle of getting ready when I came there, wore their shirts quickly.

"Cute." Leo stated.

"How old are you?" Ken asked.

"22.. Almost 23."

"Almost?" Yongguk asked.

"Yes, my birthday is in May."

"Oh." Yongguk was surprised from the new information. It's April now, so her birthday is getting closer.

"So, Hyeri, are you a singer or a rapper?" Hyuk asked, trying to start a conversation with me.

"Singer and dancer." I smiled.

"Hyeri, go get ready.." Yongguk said dryly.

"Why? I finished my hair and make up." I stared at him confused.

"Your'e bothering others, and your'e not supposed to be here anyway.."

"We don't mind her here, it's nice getting to know new people." Hongbin said smiling.

"You see?" I asked Yongguk victoriously.

"Just go." He said and started pushing me lightly towards the door.

"Oppas, please tell him something." I whined.

"What oppas? You just met them." Yongguk stopped pushing me and glared at me.

"Your'e so annoying sometimes." I stomped my feet.

"And your'e such a kid sometimes." He replied.

"I'm matching you." I stuck out my tongue.

"1-0 to Hyeri." Ravi said in the background, and the rest of VIXX started laughing. For a moment I forgot they were even there..

I was happy from my small victory, while Yongguk just chose to ignore it. How convenient.

"You should really go, it's probably our turn now and the manager is probably looking for you." Yongguk said in a serious tone.

"He knows I'm here."

"Go fix your makeup, it's smudged." He ordered.

"No, it's not." I argued.

"Now it is." Yongguk said and touched my face purposely to ruin my makeup.

"Yah!" I moved his hand away before he does more damage. VIXX started laughing and Yongguk just smiled, while I got more and more annoyed. "It's not funny."

"It's very funny." Yongguk teased. "And now you really have to go back."

"Wer'e not over, ajushi." I glared at Yongguk and finally went back to my dressing room. B.A.P's manager was still there.

"You took long enough.." He said when I entered the room.

"I'm sorry." I apologized and bowed.

"Fix your makeup quickly, I'll go get Yongguk." He ordered and left the room.

"What happened? You were fine when you left.." Solar asked while the makeup artiat fixed my face.

"I have an idiot partner.." I mumbled.

 

The first performance was surprisingly good, and I wasn't nervous like I thought I would be. His fans are really nice, they made a lot of noise while we performed and it helped me a lot as well.

Overall, that was a very good day.

 

Day 4:

Today is "Music Bank" recording. After the show Yongguk have a fansign, so I'm going back to practice with the girls, finally. It feels like forever since I practiced with them.

"Hey, pretty lady." A tall guy said while I was walking down the hallway, back to my dressing room. I ignored him, thinking he wasn't talking to me.

"Don't you know it's rude to ignore people?" The voice repeated. Is he talking to me? I turned around to look at him, and he didn't seem faniliar at all. What does he want?

"It's good seeing you again." He smiled and approached me.

"Do I know you?" I asked.

"I'm offended. Don't you remember we met before?"

"No."

"Let me refresh your memory then.." He said and brushed his hand against my cheek. I flinched. "The first day of the year, at a restaurant.. You were there with some pretty girls.."

"Oh.." I said while I started to remember. "Your'e that annoying idol that thinks he is something.."

"You got the first half right, but I'm not annoying." He smiled, and I rolled my eyes. "Taeho, nice to meet you." He offered me his hand for a handshake.

"I don't care who you are." I said dryly, ignoring his hand. I'm usually not rude to people, but he just give me so weird vibe.

"Rude much.." He muttered. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"I'm working."

"Are you an idol?"

"I'm going to be."

"Which company?"

"Does it matter?" I asked annoyed. Why is he so nosy?

"Is everything ok?" A familiar deep voice asked. Yongguk.

"Sure, oppa." I smiled at him.

"kiddo, get lost." Yongguk ordered Taeho.

"It's public space, you can't tell me what to do." Taeho shot.

"I can't, but I can promise you that if you get near her again I'll make sure you'll have a very difficult time in this industry.. Your choice."

"Don't talk like your group is doing that well.."

"My group is doing better than yours.. And don't talk back to your sunbae, it's rude." Yongguk glared at him. Honestly, he looked quite scary like that.

"Yes, hyung." Taeho backed off, bowing to Yongguk and leaving us alone.

"What the hell?" I yelled at Yonnguk after Taeho left.

"What?" Yongguk pretended he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

"Since when do you threaten people? And what do you want from him anyway? I told you I'm fine."

"You didn't look fine, and you don't know him." He argued.

"And you do?"

"Better than you." Yongguk stated.

"What is your problem? We were just talking." Ok, I didn't really like talking to this Taeho guy and I was happy Yongguk came, but what right does he have to start threaten people and telling me who to talk to and who don't?

"He is not a good guy."

"How do you know?" I put my hands on my waist.

"I'm here longer than you and there is a lot of rumors about him."

"Are you serious?" I asked annoyed. How is that an excuse? "You should know that rumors don't say anything."

"In his case they do. Trust me."

"Your'e unbeliveable." I sighed.

"I'm just trying to help you."

"I don't need your help." I said and walked away.

"Hyeri!" Yongguk called after me, but I ignored him.

 

I was in the dressing room fixing my makeup when there was a knock on the door. Moonbyul went to open it, surprised to see Yongguk there.

"Hey.." Yongguk said shyly.

"Hey." Moonbyul smiled. "Your'e looking for Hyeri, right?"

"Yes."

"Go in.." She opened the door wider, letting him go in. He approached me and I ignored him.

"Hyeri.." Yongguk called softly.

"Get out." I said dryly and continued doing my makeup. Mamamoo pretended to do other things, but I could feel they were looking curiously at us.

"I need one minute."

"Fine." I sighed, and turned around to face him. I shouldn't cause a scene right now and we still need to work together.. Yongguk sat down on the chair next to me.

"I'm sorry, it's just that you really shouldn't hang around him, he has a bad reputation."

"What did he do?"

"Drugs, violence, getting drunk often, whatever you want.."

"Oh." If that's true, no wonder I had a weird feeling about him..

"There are a lot weird rumors about him, you should be careful."

"And now you created rumors about us.." I said as a joke. Yongguk laughed.

"I don't mind having rumors with you.." Yongguk smiled, and I blushed. "Besides, I should protect you since I'm responsible for you right now."

"So full of yourself.." I mumbled.

"But you still like me, right?" He smiled his gummy smile.

"No. Go away." I pretended to get mad at him.

"No!" He said and pulled my chair closer to him. Now I was staring deep into his eyes. Why is he doing this to me? Like it's not enough that the dance is killing me everytime, now the random closeness..

"Go away!" I pushed his chair with my leg. The push made his chair roll backwards, and I smiled.

"I have a mean girl.." Yongguk sighed when he stood up when the chair stopped.

"Yah! Who is your girl? I don't remember we have something between us.." I exclaimed.

"I meant partner, don't get full of yourself.. I just got distracted."

"Idiot." I muttered. "Your time is over, get out since I need to get ready."

"Fine, you meanie." He said and walked out of the room.

"Yah, Hyeri.." Hwasa said after Yongguk left.

"What?" I looked at her.

"I think he likes you.."

"He doesn't. We just fool around a lot and we get along well together.."

"If you say so.."

 

~

 

In the afternoon B.A.P's manager went in the CEO's office.

"Did you want to see me?" B.A.P's manager asked while sitting down.

"Yes.. How is Yongguk's schedule?" The CEO asked.

"We have some offers to variety programs and we also have fan signs and the usual things."

"How is the reaction to Hyeri?" The manager thought a little before answering.

"Quite good in general, but it's still early to know."

"Stick Hyeri next to Yongguk wherever you can. I don't care if you offer them a package deals, I want her with him."

"But.. Why?" The manager asked confused.

"Promotion. If people get to know her now it will be easier when the girls debut."

"But that can cause problems with the other girls.."

"They will live. They need Hyeri to get famous, so they better be thankful to her."

"Why are you so fixed on Hyeri?" B.A.P's manager wondered. The CEO is a little weird regarding her.

"Because we need her." The CEO said dryly.

 

~

 

"Her highness finally got back to practice with the simple people?" Sumi asked when I entered the practice room. 

"Don't start.." I mumbled and sat down on the floor, exhausted. This last couple of weeks really start to affect me.

"You did well today." Sey said smiling and patted my back.

"Thanks." I smiled back.

"Let's practice, soon the princess will have to go for another schedule.." Sumi said.

"Right." I said and got up, getting ready to practice.

 


 

Author's Note:

 

Looks like someone is getting a little jealous.. :P

 

The guy Hyeri met at the hallway belongs to the group the girls met at the restaurant in chapter 12. They will probably show up in the future as well..

 

Feedback (of any kind) is always welcomed :)

 

Thanks for reading!

 

M.