Chapter 15

Masks

"I'm getting depressed from all the break up songs wer'e doing.." Eun Hee complained when we had a break from vocal practice.

"Didn't you get the memo? It's break up week, and next week is low self-esteem week according to the songs we need to work on.." Sey joked.

I looked at the list of songs that Jinu gave us, and she was right:

 

Week 1:

If you - Big Bang

Ghost - Spica

Hello - Nu'est

On Rainy Days - Beast

 

Week 2:

Loser - Big Bang

Ugly - 2NE1

Creep - Radiohead

Nice Body - Hyomin (Feat. Loco)

 

"It's good you still have sense of humor.." Hyerim smiled. "Besides, the comapny wants you to do ballads for now, and most of the ballads are break up songs, so there is nothing I can do about it.."

"What about afterwards?" I asked.

"I think your'e going to do more upbeat songs, but I'm not sure about it.. You need to ask Jinu, and I think he will decide according to your progress.."

"Hyeri, you should identify with the songs this week since you got dumped, didn't you?" Sumi asked meanly.

"I didn't."

"Come on.." Sumi laughed. "I think everyone in the company already heard about it.."

"Sumi, shut up." Sey shooted.

"Why? I didn't say something that's not true.."

"Go buy us drinks from the cafeteria." Sey oredred, trying to change the subject of our conversation. I'm lucky she is here, or else I would have lost my temper a long time ago.

"Why?" Sumi questioned.

"Your'e the youngest, doesn't it make sense you do the deliveries?"

"No. Your'e not the leader, don't order me around." Sumi shot.

"Neither does you." Sey shooted back.

"We don't know that yet."

"And until we know, do as your'e told." She said dryly.

"I'll go.." I offered. "I need some fresh air anyway.." The girls nodded, and I got up and went out of the room to the cafeteria.

 

In the cafeteria I heard some staff talking. I was going to ignore them, but then I heard my name, so I listened carefully, trying not to get caught eavesdropping.

"Did you heard about the mess yesterday?" The red haired lady asked the blond one. They were sitting in front of each other and eating lunch. They didn't seem to notice me since I was a bit far from them and they were engrossed in conversation. I recognized one of them as a stylist who worked with B.A.P sometimes, but I had no idea who the other one was because I never saw her before today.

"No, what happened?" The stylist asked.

"You know the new trainee? The one that the higher-ups are intrested in? I think her name is Hyeri or something like this.."

"Oh the pretty girl.. I saw her around a couple of times. What about her?"

"She had a fight with Yongguk yesterday.. It looks like he dumped her or something, and she was mad and hit him." The red haired lady shared the information happily.

"Wait, they were dating?" The stylist asked.

"Apparently."

"But that doesn't make sense.." She mumbled.

"Why?"

"He just didn't seem like he was dating someome.. Usually this things are kind of obvious when you spend time with them.." the blond girl reasoned.

"Well, maybe she just tried to hit on him and he just rejected her and that's why she got mad.." The red haired lady tried to find another explenation. "They were fighting in the middle of the cafeteria, there were quite a few people here when it happened."

"Well, Bang Yongguk is famous among the ladies.. I'm actually surprised he never dates any of them."

"By the way, remember the mega fight between the female trainees not so long ago? It was this girl as well.. She faught with Barbie. I heard it was because of Yongguk as well.." I rolled my eyes at hearing that. Yes, we did fight, but it had nothing to do with Yongguk.

"Really?"

"Yes. It was pretty big fight back then as well.. they needed quite a few people to seperate them.."

"This girl seemed nice, but looks like she is only trouble.."

"You can never judge a person by his looks.." The red haired lady sighed.

The two ladies started talking about other things, and I went back to the girls on the third floor.

 

On my way upstairs I still thought about their conversation. The last thing I needed right now is the people in the company thinking I'm some troublemaker that only tries to hit on the guys here.. I mean, I did cause some trouble and I'm not exactly following all the rules, but I'm not doing it on purpose and I just want to debut peacefully. It's the rest of the world that doesn't let me do it..

"Noona!" Zelo's voice echoed behind me.

"What's up?" I asked smiling.

"I'm tired." He made a sad face.

"It will be alright." I tried to encourage him, although I didn't know what to say to him.

"Where are you going?"

"Upstairs, we are in the middle of practice, and I already took long enough to get these.." I gestured the water bottles I held in my hands.

"Let me help you" Zelo offered smiling, taking half of the bottles from my hands.

"Thanks." I smiled warmly at him.

"Did all of you came back to the company?" I asked while we were walking down the hallway.

"No, Yongguk hyung probably caught a cold, so he went back to the dorm to rest.."

"Poor guy.."

"Noona." Zelo suddenly stopped walking.

"What?"

"You like him, don't you?" He asked innocently.

"No." I flustered.

"It's ok, I won't tell him."

"Yah! I don't like that idiot. He is just an ." My tone unintentionally got higher, from being annoyed and defensive. At this point my face were completly red.

"If you say so.." He smiled suspiciously. "Don't take him too seriosly, he just doesn't know how to express himself so well, so sometimes the things he say come out wrong. He probebly didn't mean the things he said to you.."

"I don't care." I said dryly.

"Fine.." He sighed. "Go in.." he offered me the water bottles he held. I noticed that we were already in front of the practice room.

"Thanks" I took the bottles from him and went inside the practice room, only to find the girls frowning at me. Hyerin was no longer there.

"Did you went to find a well?" Sumi mocked.

"I'm sorry, There was a long line in the cafeteria."

"Then what were you doing with Zelo?" She glared at me.

"If you were following me properly you would have seen that I met him on the way here and he helped my carry the water." I glared at her back.

"Are you going to keep fighting 24/7?" Eun Hee questioned. She was starting to get tired of our constant fighting, and the truth is that I was tired of it as well.

"Ask that person over there." I said and pointed at Sumi.

"Well, Give up if you don't like it." Sumi smiled.

 

~

 

"What are you going to do?" Himchan sat on Yongguk's bed.

"About what?" Yongguk looked at him.

"About Sumi.."

"I talked to her, I don't think she will do anything.."

"I still don't understand something." Himchan said after thinking for a while.

"What?"

"How did the note get to Hyeri? Usually you were the target, and the previous sender wasn't Sumi.."

"I don't know." Yongguk admitted. "I don't know if I'm the reason for Hyeri's note or if there is something else.. It's hard to tell with Sumi because it doesn't look like I'm the only reason they don't like each other."

"And the sender? She need to be in touch with him in order to know about it."

"Well, she does know him, doesn't she?" Yongguk looked at Himchan.

"You don't think that.." Himchan understood what Yongguk tried to say.

"He only need to see her once and he will make the connection."

"Why can't he let it go already? It's been years since it happened." Himchan sighed.

 

~

 

"Finally home.." Yujin flopped on her bed in the dorm.

"I'm tired.. That dance is hard.." Eun Hee sat on her bed as well.

"Yujin, how are you dealing with it?" I asked, knowing she is not that good at dancing and it's probably the hardest for her.

"Bad.. I'm not going to make it."

"Do you want to practice together then? I could use the extra practice, and it's more fun to do it with someone else.."

"Really?" Yujin looked at me surprised.

"Yes." I smiled.

"Thank you!" She beamed. "Last time it helped me a lot, so if your'e not too tired I'll be happy to do it again." She smiled brightly, grateful for the offer.

"We can start tomorrow if you want.."

"Deal."

 

At night I turned around in my bed, finding it hard to fall asleep although I was tired. Being awake, the thoughts kept coming and driving me crazy. For some reason, something Zelo told me during our little conversation came back to my mind - Yongguk caught a cold. I usually wouldn't have worried that much, but he did walk around in wet clothes when it was raining because of our clash outside of the company.. It was for a short while, but it can still make you sick.. What if he is not feeling well because of me?

Not being able to sleep, I woke up and carefully went to the kitchen, trying not to wake the other girls up. I was planning to get a glass of water, but when I opened the fridge I thought about making him a warm porridge and soup. It can be a good opportunity to aplogize as well.

I started cooking quietly, and when I was done I examined the result proudly. It smelled good and tasted good as well. I put the food in the refrigerator and went back to sleep.

 

"Who is the food for?" Sey questioned when she noticed me carrying the boxes filled with what I made the night before. "And when did you had time to make it?"

"I couldn't sleep, so I made some food.."

"For who?" She eyed me suspiciously.

"It's healthy food for someone that is sick." I stated.

"None of the girls is sick.." She thought loudly. "You didn't.." She looked a me when she realized who I was probably reffering to.

"What? It's not like that." I shrugged.

"Do you want to make things worse?" She qustioned.

"No, I just want to make myself feel better. What if he is sick because of me?" I reasoned.

"Your'e hopeless.." Sey sighed.

"If I had a dollar for every time you said that to me in the last few days.."

"Do it fast before you get caught." She ordered.

"Thank you." I smiled and rushed over towards their practice room.

I knocked weakly on the door, and waited for an answer. When I heard Daehyun's voice I hesitantly entered the room. The boys were all there looking curiously at me. I searched Yongguk and I found him sitting on the floor next to Jongup. I aprroached him slowly.

"Hmm. Y.. Yongguk?" I stuttered. My heart was beating fast. He stared at me, waiting for me to speak. The other boys were watching us as well.

"I.. Made this.. For you.." I handed him the food. "You.. Were.. Sick.." I continued stuttering. Great, he probbly thinks I'm an idiot right now. Why can't I finish my sentences properly?

"I'm not sick." He said dryly, and my face became red. Did Zelo lie? "But thanks." He took the containers from me.

"But you weren't here yesterday with the other boys.." I said quietly, trying to reason.

"I had to meet with a producer for our album." This means Zelo lied to me, but why? I heard footsteps rushing out of the room, and I noticed the culprit making his way out.

"Choi Junhong!" I yelled and hurried after him, before he could run away. Unfortunately, he was faster than me and he was out of my sight now.

"Don't yell at my makane." Yongguk ordered. While I was busy looking at Zelo, Yongguk stood up and he was now standing beside me in the hallway.

"Don't tell me what to do!" I glared at him. "And your makane lied to me."

"Don't talk back to me, your'e younger than me." He glared at me as well.

"Don't use your age on me." I threatened.

"Or what?" He qeustioned, closing the distance between us. We were still glaring at each other furiously.

"What is going on here?" B.A.P's manager appeared. I turned around to face him, embarrased.

"N.. Nothing.. Please.. Don't tell Jinu about it.." I pleaded.

"Hyeri, you know I can't do that."

"Please.. I'll cook all your meals for a week, just please don't tell him.. You can scold me as much as you want, I just don't want to get kicked out.." I begged. Maybe it wasn't the best thing to offer him right now, but it was the first thing I could think about at the moment.

"Fine." The manager sighed deeply, giving up after seeing how desperate I was. "Go back to practice, I think your'e late."

"Thank you! Thank you!" I bowed and went up to the trainees floor.

The manager glared at Yongguk, who ignored him and went back into the practice room. When he walked in he saw that Daehyun already ate half of the food that Hyeri gave him. He rushed over to save what was left of it before the food monster finish it completly.

"This is mine." Yongguk glared at Daehyun.

"It's food for sick people, your'e not sick." Daehyun stated with his mouth full, still not releasing the precious container from his hands.

"Neither does you. And she gave it to me, don't steal other people's food." He scolded.

"Your'e lucky, having girls making you food even when your'e not dating.. My girlfriend never makes me anything.." Daehyun whined, but gave Yongguk his food.

"That's your'e fault for dating someone who can't cook.." Yongguk and started eating. Hyeri can be annoying as hell, but he likes her cooking from what he could taste.

"You know, hyung, she brings a new side out of you." Youngjae said to Yongguk while sitting beside him. 

"What side?"

"A more lively and happy one. It's usually hard to annoy you, but she found the magic formula that can annoy you in a second."

"That's because she is annoying." Yongguk stated, and Youngjae laughed.

"But I like this side of you. You look happier and I like to see you happy. You deserve it." Yongjae patted his back, and Yongguk smiled without noticing.

"By the way, where is Zelo?" Yongguk asked while scanning the room and noticing that the younger one still hasn't come back.

"I'll go look for him.." Himchan offered.

 

~

 

"Stupid Stupid Hyeri.. What the hell Are you doing?" I scolded myself while going into the practice room on the third floor.

"Why are you talking to yourself?" Yujin asked. Oops.. I didn't notice I was speaking out loud.

"I'm just thinking about something.." I mumbled.

"Is everything ok? Your face is red.." She asked after examining my face.

"Yes." I smiled. "Let's start practicing."

 


 

 

Author's Note:

 

I promised a longer chapter, and here it is :)

 

Just a few clarifications\announcements:

Barbie (from the conversation in the cafeteria) is Sumi. In the second chapter Hyeri said that Sumi looks like a barbie doll, and some of the staff calls her like that because it's easier to identify her among the trainees (just like one of the boys in B.A.P called Hyuk the muscle boy).

I introduced all of the girls in the second chapter. Right now it's not that important, but if your'e confused about their position and age (and etc.) it can help you out until they debut and their position will be clearer.

I know some of the things are kind of blurred right now, but it will fall into place someday.

The story will probably be around 50 or 60 chapters. I'll try not to make it longer because it can be tiring to read a story that long..

 

Any ideas about what is going on with Yongguk\Himchan\Sumi\Sey\The mysterious sender? I know you don't have a lot of details yet, but I'm actually curious to see how it's interpreted from the side (and from someone that doesn't know the full story).

 

Thanks for reading\commenting\subscribing, it means a lot to me and encourage me to write faster and better.

 

M.