Chapter 38

Masks

"." Jinu cursed when the car got closer to the company.

"What is it?" Yongguk asked from the back seat of the car.

"Reporters.." Jinu said and Yongguk soon noticed what Jinu talked about.. There were quite a few of them waiting near the company enterance.

"I thought we got rid of them when we left the broadcast station.." Yongguk sighed.

"You can't get rid of them, they always come back, and there is tone of them.. You can never get rid of them all." Jinu sighed as well.

"Will it help if we make a detour and come back later?"

"No, they will probably still be here.."

"So what do we do? There are probably some reporters in the underground parking lot as well.."

"Is she still asleep?" Jinu asked. Yongguk looked at Hyeri. She was still sleeping.

"Like a block of wood." Yongguk smiled.

"Wait a minute.." Jinu said and grabbed his phone. He parked the car so he can talk comfortably.

"What's up?" B.A.P's manager answered the call after two rings.

"Are any of your boys at the company right now?" Jinu asked.

"Pretty much all of them except Yongguk, why?"

"Reporters.." That was enough for B.A.P's manager to understand.

"I'm on it. I'll call you back." He said and hanged up the phone.

"What?" Yongguk asked Jinu after the call ended.

"Your friends will take care of that.. Now we just wait for an update." Jinu smiled. Yongguk took another glance at Hyeri. She was still sleeping. This time she looked like she was sleeping soundly. A small smile formed on his face. He was relieved she wasn't having another bad dream.

Soon after, Jinu and Yongguk noticed the reporters that lurked infront of the company chasing after Zelo, who rode his skateboard. Minutes after, the reporters from the parking lot were following Daehyun and Jongup. Looks like the area is clear..

Jinu and Yongguk continued laughing at the sight of the exhausted reporters while Jinu drove the car back to the company. As expected, it was empty, so they went inside without meeting the media. Mission accomplished.

 

Hyeri refused to wake up and Yongguk didn't insist much either, so he ended up carrying her to the company and to the playroom, since it had a couch she can sleep on comfortably without being interrupted too much.

"Oppa.." Hyeri called in her sleep when he put her on the couch.

"What?" Yongguk asked, squatting down so he can be at her level.

"Don't die.." she mumbled in her sleep. What? He expected to hear all kind of weird things, but not this. Where did this came from?

"I won't die, silly.. Why would I die?"

"Because of me.." her answer left him dumbfounded. It should be the other way around.. She shouldn't get hurt because of him.

"Hyeri, wake up." Yongguk poked her arm lightly. She stirreed a little bit and then opened her eyes, surprised to see him.

 

~

 

"What are you doing here?" I asked and sat on the couch. Why am I in the playroom? When did I get here?

"Babysitting you." Yongguk answered, probably trying to joke around. That's not funny..

"I'm not a kid."

"I didn'y say you are." Yongguk stood up.

"What time is it?"

"15:30." He answered after checking the time on his phone.

"Oh.." It's late.

"Rest, Jinu will be here soon." Yongguk said and went out of the room. I was left alone with my thoughts.

Why is Yongguk so nice to me? He got hurt because of me.. I know his scratch is not a big deal, but it could have been worse. Still, he didn't complain and he kept being next to me and checking all the time if I need anything.

"There you are!" Sey exclaimed, cutting me off from my thoughts. She was standing in the doorway and the other girls were standing behind her.

"Hey.." I tried to smile.

"Do you feel better? Do you need anything?" They rushed over to me. Well, except Sumi, who was just standing near the door and looking like she was forced to be there.

"I'm fine.."

"You scared us!" Yujin said.

"I'm fine. Nothing happened." I said.

"You don't know how shocked and worried we were when we saw it on tv.." She continued talking. Right.. I forgot that it was a live broadcast.

"These lousy lighting technicians.. Shouldn't they check that everything is safe before they let people perform there?" Eun Hee complained.

"I hope the company sues them.. They deserve it." Sey said. "It could have been much worse."

The girls continued talking and I just listened to them. It actually made me feel a little better.

"Noona!" Zelo came rushing into the room. I smiled looking at him, since he obviously ran here.

"Hey Zelo." I smiled.

"Noona!" Jongup came as well, and after him the rest of B.A.P, including Yongguk.

"Hey Uppie.." I greeted him, and he gave me his innocent smile.

"Yah, you idiot!" Himchan scolded me.

"What did I do?" I asked.

"Do you know how much the kids worried about you?"

"Yah!" Sey hit the back of Himchan's head. "Can't you just say you worried about her as well? Why put everything on the kids?"

"The only girl I'm worried about is you." He crossed his arms over his chest proudly and smiled while looking at her. She rolled her eyes in response.

"Yes.. It's me and your family, and your fans, and your 'wife'.. Do I need to continue?" She exclaimed, making everyone laugh. It was the first time I laughed today.

"That's different!"

"Hyung, you better shut up, it will only cause you more trouble if you talk back.." Daehyun advised Himchan.

"Noona.. You know, your video went viral.. Your'e really famous now." Jongup said, and Youngjae elbowed him. I unintentionally frowned.

"You really are something.." Youngjae sighed.

"Sorry.." Jongup apologized, lowering his head.

"Uppie, it's fine." Yongguk said and ruffled his hair, making Jongup smile.

"Oh, all of you are here.." Jinu came in with B.A.P's manager. We really have a weird company gathering here.. Because of me.

"Zelo, Jongup and Daehyun, good job earlier!" B.A.P's manager said and did a thumbs up. Jinu and Yongguk started laughing, remembering what they saw earlier.

"Really good job." Jinu said while still laughing.

"What happened?" I asked curiously.

"When you came back to the company there were reporters near the building, so Jinu asked me to take care of them so they won't bug you.." B.A.P's manager explained.

"So what did you do?" I asked.

"Let's just say I accidently ran over them with my skateboard, and then they got mad and started chasing me.. But they are quite bad at running." Zelo said smiling.

"And we kind of told the reporters in the parking lot that we are going on a double date, so they thought it was real and followed us.." Daehyun continued the story.

"But you don't have girlfriends.." I said, not wanting to reveal Daehyun's secret.

"And that's why Himchan and Youngjae pretended to be our dates.. They had wigs and everyhting.." Jongup said while laughing. Everyone else laughed, beside Youngjae and Himchan, who frowned.

"You should have seen them.. They make really pretty girls, both of them." Daehyun said while holdnig onto his stomach from the laughter.

"Did the reporters found out it's them?" I asked.

"I don't think so.. I guess the pictures will be out soon.." Jongup said, still laughing.

"You should know we only did this for you." Himchan said, and Youngjae nodded in agreement.

"Thanks, guys." I said sincerely.

"Everything for you, princess.." Youngjae smiled and bowed exaggeratedly. I rolled my eyes.

We talked and laughed for a while until it became late. I went back to my dorm with the girls and went to sleep.

 

Day 20:

"Good morning" Yongguk greeted Hyeri when she got in the car. She just gave him a blank stare and went to sit on the other side of the car, far from him. Yesterday she wanted him to stay next to her, so what is this?

"Did you sleep well?" Yongguk tried again. Still no reply. He examined her. She looked tired and pale.

"You know you don't have to do this.. You can rest, it's understandable." He tried again.

"Don't tell me what to do." She said dryly without looking at him. Huh?

"Hyeri, I'm not.." He tried to explain, but she cut him off.

"I don't care. Whatever you have to say, save it. I'm not intrested." She then tucked her earphones in her ears and closed her eyes, ignoring him completly. What is wrong with her today?

 

The ride was quiet. In the recording Hyeri acted like nothing happened and like everything is fine. When they were alone again she continued ignoring him, and it drove him crazy not knowing the reason for it.

"Relax.. Give her time.. She is probably still shocked and that's why she is acting like that.." He tried to convince himself, but somehow he knew there is something else going on.

 

Day 22:

"Here.." Sey sat in front of Yongguk in the cafeteria and gave him a can of beer.

"What is that for?" He asked confused.

"You look like you need it."

"You don't know how much.." he sighed.

"Hyeri?" She asked. He didn't respond.

"I.. Actually wanted to ask you something.." Sey said when Yongguk still didn't say anything and just stared blankly at the can.

"What is it?" He turned his gaze to her.

"Was Hyeri weird in the last couple of days?" She asked while playing with her fingers. Yongguk opened the can and took a long sip from the cold drink.

"Why do you ask?"

"I just have this feeling.." She said quietly.

"Why?" Yongguk asked.

"She have.. nightmares. It's pretty bad. She wakes up crying like crazy, and it takes a while until she calms down.. Afterwards she just acts like nothing happened. And she is really quiet and closed.. When we try to talk to her she just mumbles something about practice and walk away, ignoring us. Was she fine with you?"

"No." He said sadly. "She keeps ignoring me, and when I try to be nice to her she just snaps at me and then ignores me again. It was like this in the last couple of days.."

"I thought she would at least talk to you since she really depends on you a lot." Sey sighed.

"I thought so too.." Yongguk said bitterly.

"I found a note." Sey said quietly after a few minutes. She looked around to make sure nobody is listening to them before speaking.

"What? When? Where? Why didn't you tell me until now?" Yongguk was annoyed.

"I'm telling you now, so calm down." She shushed him. "Yesterday, in her bag. She doesn't know I know since I saw it by accident."

"What did it say?"

"Wait, I took a picture of it." She said and took out her phone, searching for the picture. She gave Yongguk the phone, and he looked at the note in the picture. '15 days more to go.. Want to guess what it's for?'

"That bastard!" He slammed his fist on the table, causing everyone look at them is confusion. He gave them an apologetic look and turned back to Sey.

"Did you think she saw it?" Yongguk asked.

"I don't know, but I didn't want to take the risk of her finding out it's missing so I didn't touch it, and she is not really talking to me, so I can't exactly ask her.."

"I found a note after that incident.. She clearly saw it and it affected her."

"What?" It was her turn to be shocked. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't had the chance to."

"What did it say?"

"That they'll get her in the next time." Sey had a terrified look on her face, and it changed to anger really fast.

"What were you waiting for before you told me this? And how did you let it get so bad in the first place? I trusted you!" she raised her voice, but she didn't care.

"Calm down.."

"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN, YOU !" she yelled. Everyone in the cafeteria was looking at them by now.

"Let's talk somewhere else, more quiet." Yongguk said and grabbed her wrist, dragging her away before she will make this issue much bigger.

 

"We need to go to the police." Sey said while walking around the room. She was furious.

"We can't." Yongguk said calmly.

"Why not? it's threats and attempted murder."

"Because if this gets out then the other issue will get out as well." He reasoned.

"I don't care anymore. The only thing that can get ruined from this is your perfect image." She said the last part of her sentence in a mocking tone.

"It's not about my image, and you know it. I couldn't care less if my image is tarnished right now."

"Then what is it?"

"If this issue gets out right now, have you thought about her family? They barely accepted it happened back then, I doubt they would want it to be in the news now out of the blue. Besides, can you handle it? I know how long it took you to move on.."

"Did you moved on?" Sey asked and stared at him intently.

"I think... I can finally move on." He said after taking a deep breath. "I'm not forgetting. I will probably never forget, but I want to be happy again. I can't be stuck in the past forever.."

"With Hyeri?"

"If she'll still want me after all of this. I would understand if she wouldn't want anything to do with me anymore."

"Of course she will, it wasn't your fault back then, and Hyeri is head over heels for you. No matter what you do, she'll probably go after you anyway." she said softly.

"I won't let anything bad happen to her." Yongguk said sincerely, and Sey could tell he actually mean it.

"Fine, smarty-pants, what do you want to do then?"

"I'll go meet him. We need to settle this before it gets worse."

 


 

 

Author's Note:

 

Hmm..

I did promise more drama, so I'm keeping my promise :)

 

Thank you so much for reading, commenting and subscribing!

 

M.