Chapter 13

Masks

There was a rainstorm outside. I sighed and grabbed my coat and my umbrella, getting ready to get out. Usaully I would just wait for the storm to stop before going out, but I was late already and I had to get to the comapny.

It was raining hard and the roads were slippery. I managed to get to the street near the company when I slipped on the wet pavement. I closed my eyes, prepared to hit the ground, but to my surprise, I landed on something soft. I opened my eyes slowly, only to see that Yongguk is lying under me. He looked at me intently, his hands on both sides of his body, touching the ground. My body was on top of his, and my hands was on his stomach, probably from falling down. I blushed furiously and got up quickly.

"I'm sorry.." I mumbled, staring at anywhere but him.

"Watch where your'e going, will you?" He sounded annoyed. He was now standing as well, adjusting his wet clothes.

"I'm sorry, it was an accident." I apologized again. Without noticing my eyes wandered to his body. His wet clothes got stuck to his body, revealing his muscles and abs. He sure have a great body. 

"Are you sure it was an accident?" He questioned, bringing me back to reality.

"What?" I looked at him surprised. He doesn't really think I did it on purpose, does he?

"Don't pretend you didn't hear what I said.." He said dryly.

"I didn't do it on purpose, I slipped. In case you didn't notice, it's raining pretty hard right now.." I was starting to get annoyed.

"Yes, and I'm drenched thanks to you."

"I already apologized, what else do you want from me?"

"Nothing."

"Good, let's keep it that way." I said and walked away. I don't have the time or the energy to continue arguing with him right now.

"Where are you going?" He called from behind me. I didn't answer him and just continued walking, leaving him behind.

I was relieved when I got to the enterance of the company. I hurried up to the third floor, staright to the practice room where the girls were already waiting.

"What took you so long?" Sumi asked and glared at me.

"It was raining.."

"Your'e not made from sugar, a little rain won't melt you."

"You were late as well.." Sey said to Sumi.

"Whatever.." Sumi shrugged.

Gun came a few minutes afterwards and we started practicing. It was actually fun and we managed to do well, even Yujin.

 

After five hours of dancing we went to the cafeteria, for a well deserved break.

"Hey girls.." Himchan came smiling and sat next to us.

"What's up?" Sey asked, smiling as well. "How is your album going?"

"Good.. Yongguk is working hard on our album.."

"He is such a workoholic.." Eun Hee said.

"But a damn talenetd one." Himchan smiled. "We trust him blindly."

"What's the use of being talented if your'e an ?" I said to myself.

"Do you have a problem with me?" I heard Yongguk's voice from behind me. I turned my head to see him standing right behind me, his hands folded over his chest. Of course he will be here, like always.. My bad luck never disappoints. I took a deep breath, trying to relax.

"Actually, I do." I stood up and faced him. "Do you like playing with people around you? Are you having fun?" My pent-up anger finally got out, and I wasn't going to back down.

"What are you talking about?" He asked confused.

"You know what I'm talking about.."

"I don't."

"Then never mind."

"Oh no, your'e not leaving me hanging like this. What is your problem with me?" He got closer to me. Now we were an inch apart from each other. I could smell his cologne, and his scent was intoxicating.

"Your'e undecisive." I stated.

"About?" He questioned.

"About me." I said quietly, in a barely audible voice. I have no idea how he heard me, because I barely heard myself.

"I've actually made up my mind about it, and you know it as well. Are you hurt because you got rejected?"

"I can't be rejected if I haven't confessed and if I don't have any feelings, so your'e logic is wrong." I tried to hide my hurt pride. He didn't have to be so mean.

"If you don't have any feelings, why all the fuss?"

"Because you can't come to me when you feel like it and you can't tell me who to hang out with." I finally said it. The truth is that the most frustrating part of it was not hanging out with the other boys because everytime he saw us he would make it very clear that I'm not welcomed there, and I have no idea what made him flip like this.

"As far as I remember, your'e not allowed to hang out with us in the first place, so I'm just helping you out. And you are the one who came to me, even today.." He shrugged.

"Wait, she has been avoiding us because of you?" Zelo questioned, glaring at Yongguk furiously. I was so busy arguing with Yongguk that I didn't notice that the other boys came to the cafeteria as well. 

"I might have told her that.." Yongguk said quietly, staring at the ground.

"Why?"

"It's a distraction for us and for her."

"Stop deciding for me, will you? I'm not the reason your'e group is distracted, so don't blame it on me. And I told you already that today was a mistake!" I argued.

"And I told you that I don't buy it. Do you think I don't know your'e hanging out with them behind my back?"

"Because your'e unreasonable!" I raised my voice a little. "I don't know why you hate me so much, but you don't have to be this mean and unfair to me."

"Your'e the unreasonable one for a making a fuss over nothing!" He argued.

"Maybe it's nothing for you, but for me it isn't."

"That's your problem." He calmly stated, and it made my blood boil. How can he be so cold and mean? It's not the Yongguk I thought I knew..

"I hate you." I glared at him, and before I realized what I was doing, my hand went up to slap him. I stared quietly at my hand and at his red cheek. I didn't mean to do it. I stood there quietly for another moment, and before he could react I walked away. I went to the restroom, holding back my tears.

Everyone froze there for a while, shocked from what happened.

"I'm disspapointed in you, hyung. Your'e too much." Zelo finally said, and walked away as well.

"He is right.." Jongup said and hurried after Zelo.

"I guess that's why they say dating inside the comapny is bad.." Youngjae mumbled, and Himchan shot him a furious look.

People slowly started to dispersed, leaving Yongguk, Himchan, Sey and Daehyun standing there by themselves.

"Hyung, I don't hate you.." Daehyun said while patting Yongguk's shoulder. "Just don't hurt her, ok? She is sensitive and she doesn't desrve it." He said and walked away as well.

"Your'e impossible." Sey exclaimed before disappearing and leaving him alone with Himchan.

Yongguk slowly lifted his head to look at Himchan, who stayed quiet this whole time.

"You messed up." Himchan said dryly.

"I know that, do you have to be like that as well?"

"It's good your'e admitting it."

"What do I do now?" Yongguk asked Himchan. Himchan looked at the older male. He looked hurt and hopeless.

"Just give her time.."

"I don't know if I can." Yongguk said quietly.

 

~

 

After a while I finally managed to relax and stop crying. I washed my face when Sey came into the restroom, looking worried.

"What? Do you want to scold me or something?" I asked without looking at her.

"No.. Why would I do that?"

"Because I messed up and I crossed the line."

"No you didn't." She said, and I looked at her confused. "He acted like an ."

"That's not an excuse."

"Yes it is. He can't act like this to people, especially when they did nothing wrong."

"I should go and apologize to him.." I started walikng toward the door.

"No your'e not!" she grabbed my arm, stoping me from getting out.

"Why not?"

"Because he doesn't desrve it. Let him rot and he will eventually come apologizing to you.. It's his mistake, not yours."

"And what if he doesn't?" I questioned.

"Then it just shows you what kind of person he is."

"I should still go.."

"No. It will just make him think he can do whatever he wants with you."

"Well, he can." I said quietly.

"What?" She stared at me in disbelief.

"I don't care if he gets mad at me.. I actually perfer it than being ignored by him."

"Did you lose your mind?" Sey questioned.

"No."

"This guy can't date, and he obviously doesn't like you, so why hurting yourself on purpose? Are you a masochist?"

"I don't know."

"Your'e unbeliveable."

"I know.." I sighed. "I don't understand it myself.. It's like he put a spell on me and I can't get away from him even if I want to.. I always find my way back to him, like a magnet. Even when I don't mean to do it, he is always there." I sat down on the floor, holding my head between my hands.

"It's not a spell, your'e in love." Sey sat beside me. "You two are really something.." She sighed. "What do you even find in that ?"

"He is a good person, you know that."

"There is a lot of things you don't know about him."

"Then tell me." I looked at her.

"I can't. It's not my job to do it."

 

~

 

"What was that all about?" Yujin asked while sitting in the practice room with Sumi and Yujin. 

"Haven't you realize it yet? Hyeri likes him, and he is obviously not intrested, so she made a huge scene out of it. Such an attention seeker.." Sumi said.

"But I don't think that he doesn't like her.." Eun Hee said.

"What makes you say that?" Yujin asked.

"Because he doesn't act like himself when he is around her. And besides, since when does he care if we hang out with the boys? It never bothered him before, but for some reason he is so pressed when it comes to her.."

"So you think that he is jelous?" Yujin asked.

"Maybe."

"Stop imagining stuff.." Sumi said.

"He won't like you, no matter what you do." Eun Hee said to Sumi.

"Yes he will." Sumi stated. "He won't date that girl."

"You can't contol your feelings.." Yujin said.

"And that's the reason feelings makes you weak. If you want to survive here you need to hide them, or else someone will take advantage of it." Sumi said.

"What do you mean?" Eun Hee asked.

"If I know your weakness I can take you down, and Hyeri is not an exception. She just made a huge mistake, and someone else is going to pay for it."

"What are you talking about?" Yujin asked confused.

"Nothing." Sumi smiled to herself. She thought about a new way to bring Hyeri down and to get Yongguk as well, and it made her happy.

 


 

 

Author's Note:

 

I'm sorry I'm late with the update, I got stuck with the writing, but I think that I got back on track and now the story will go like I planned..

This chapter is a little shorter than usual, but I'll make it up to you in the next chapters..

And there will be fun chapters in the future, although I don't know if it will be in the next chapter or afterwards..

 

P.S - The teasers are killing me.. I can't decide which one is my favourite, and I'm Yongguk biased (although I like all of them a lot!), and I'm waiting patiently for the album..

 

Thanks for reading and for bearing with me until now, even if I mess up sometimes :)

 

M.