Chapter 75

Masks

"Pretty princess, any requests?" Zico smirked.

" off." I glared at him.

"Not going to happen." Zico laughed. "If you don't have anything to say, how about we do what I want? There is some things I want to try, and I always wondered how much Yongguk actually cares about you.. What do you think he will do if he sees you cheating on him?"

"Get away from me, you freak." I said and tried to release myself from being tied. Unfortunately, Zico tied the rope too strongly, so it was impossible to get out of it. The chair staggered lightly from my movements, almost falling onto the side. I stopped moving so I won't fall down with the chair.

"If I were you, I would watch what I say.. Who knows, you might get injured if you keep calling me names.." Zico said calmly and played with the pocket knife in his hand.

"You are not scaring me. It's probably a toy knife anyway."

"A toy knife, huh?" Zico laughed. "Let's see if it's a toy or not.." he said and stabbed the knife in my right thigh. I could feel the blade piercing my flesh. It hurt, but I tried to pretend it didn't. Who knows what he will do if he finds my weakness..

"So, does it hurt?" he asked, the knife still there. Blood started to stain my pants, around my wound. I looked at the knife and then back at Zico. Somehow he looked like a kid who is genuinly curious. Of course his interests are twisted, which makes him a psychopath, but it was interesting to watch. He became a whole different person than the one people see on stage or even in his everyday life.. He was almost vulnerable as well. If he wasn't this ed up I might have wanted to give him a hug since he looked so cute like that.

"No." I lied.

"Impressive. I guess I should just try harder.." he took the knife out, only to stab me again, deeper. It was in the same place he previously stabbed me. When I didn't react he twisted the knife inside my body. It hurt like hell. Everytime he twisted the knife I felt like I'm tearing apart. I bit my lower lip so I won't scream. Eventually my lip started to bleed since I bit it too hard.

"Still no reaction?" Zico wondered. "Maybe another area will do the trick.. I want to hear you scream." he was about to take the knife out again, but he was knocked down by Yongguk. The knife fell from his hand, but it was still in his reach.

 

Yongguk was hovering over Zico, punching his face over and over again like a madman. Zico started to bleed. In the meantime, Sey came over and started to untie the rope around me so I can be free again.

"I guess you still have feelings for her.." Zico mumbled, still smiling. What kind of ed up person smiles while being beaten up?

"Shut up!" Yongguk punched Zico's left eye.

"You know, she is really not worth it. It didn't took long until she kissed me.. On her free will." Zico laughed.

"Do you think I'll buy it? You probably forced her." Yongguk punched him again, this time targeting his chin.

"It's true." I said. Technically he did force me at first, but afterwards I kissed him on my own because I wanted to distract him and it was part of my plan. I didn't enjoy the kiss, but it doesn't matter. I still cheated on Yongguk. The blood drained from Yongguk's face. It was obvious that he was hurt.

"What are you doing? Tell him you were just joking.. We all know you would never cheat on Yongguk, you don't have to protect Zico." Sey said, nudging my arm.

"But it's true.. I wasn't trying to protect him." I said. Yongguk and Sey looked at me in disbelief, disappointment in their eyes. My heart broke. I disappointed the people who are the closest to me, but I didn't want to lie to them.. It will only make the situation worse.

In the meantime, Zico took advantage of the fact that they were looking at me and not paying attention to him and he got a hold of the knife again, hiding it behind his back.

"You see, I wasn't lying.." Zico laughed happily. It sounded like a psychopath's laughter you hear in the movies.. Scary.

"That doesn't make you any less of a jerk." Sey commented, glaring at him.

"I never said I wasn't a jerk." he smiled innocently.

"Good your'e admitting it." Yongguk scoffed.

 

~

 

"What did I miss?" Himchan came out from the bathroom, watching the scene in front of him. Looks like nobody even noticed him.. Hyeri was released from the rope tying her, but she looked pale for some reason. Sey was sitting next to Hyeri, glaring at her and occasionally looking at the two males fighting next to them. Yongguk was hovering over Zico, ready to hit him. Zico was bleeding, but what caught Himchan's attention was the fact that he had a knife targeting Yongguk, and it was getting closer and closer. Maybe it's time for plan B..

 

~

 

"Jerk. If you have a problem with me, solve it with me. Don't look for people around me." Yongguk said while punching Zico again. Zico's face looked bad.. You could see mainly blood and a couple of cuts and bruises. Yongguk's hands started to get dirty with blood from Zico.

"Where is the fun in that?" Zico smiled. Now I could see he was missing a tooth as well.

"Bastard." Yongguk hit him again,

"Oppa, stop! He is already hurt enough, I don't want you to kill him. Let's just go." I pulled Yongguk, trying to seperate him from Zico. It didn't help since Yongguk didn't want to move. I didn't have the energy to fight with him so I gave up, looking worriedly at the two of them. I'm scared they might kill each other. As much as I dislike Zico and I understand why Yongguk is mad, this is not the way.

Suddenly there was a really loud beep, catching all of us by surprise. The beep was followed by other beeps, even louder than the first one. Zico dropped his knife, using his hands to cover his ears from the loud noise.

"What the hell?" Sey asked, covering her ears as well.

"Smoke detectors.. There is a fire." Himchan said calmly and pointed at the bed. The bed was messy, the sheets was all over the floor and one of them fell over the candles scattered around the bed, causing it to burn and activate the smoke detectors.

"Let's get out of here.. I don't want to get arrested for starting a fire." I said.

"We didn't start anything, it lit on it's own because of the candles." Himchan stated.

"Let's go." I stood up, ignoring the pain in my leg.

"Where do you think you are going like this?" Yongguk asked, glaring at me.

"Back home?" I asked, confused. What does he want? We need to get out of here before the police and the fire department comes. The hotel staff is probbaly on his way here..

"Stupid." Yongguk sighed. I wanted to say something back, but he lifted me up and carried me out of the room. Himchan and Sey followed him quietly, while Zico stayed behind since he had a little trouble moving. Honestly, I couldn't care less about his condition right now.. The most important thing is that the four of us are safe.

 

"You are seriously the most stupid person I know." Yongguk said when we were in the elevator. He was still carrying me in his arms. I missed his smell and his touch.. I know I'm not supposed to think about it and he is probably carrying me right now only because I'm hurt and he feels guilty, but I couldn't help it. I miss him.

"Sorry for being stupid, but nobody forced you to date me. You can just leave if you can't handle it." Does he have to rub it in my face like this? I get that I'm lacking, but he doesn't have to keep pointing this out.. If he wants to leave he should just do it quietly and not mention it all the time. It's like killing me over and over again.

"Stupid." he mumbled.

"Idiot." I mumbled back.

"Both of you are stupid and idiots. Just make up already." Himchan commented. He was leaning against the wall, his arms crossed over his chest.

"SHUT UP!" Me and Yongguk yelled at him simultaneously. We looked at each other and I think I could see a small smile on Yongguk's face, but it disappeared quickly and his poker face was back.

"You know, you could be nicer to me.. You should thank me for saving your life. He was going to stab you behind your back. If I didn't start the fire you would be seriously injured right now.." Himchan stared at Yongguk.

"Thanks, bro. I owe you a lot." Yongguk smiled warmly. "But you should worry about your own love life before commenting on mine." Sey and Himchan looked at each other and started to blush furiously, hiding their faces. I smiled while watching them since it was amusing. They are acting like kids..

"You look pretty when you smile." Yongguk said and moved a strand of hair that covered my face, tucking it behind my ear. I blushed. Was he watching me?

"We arrived." I stated and the elevator door opened in a perfect timing, signaling we reached the entrance.

 

We walked quietly to the car and Yongguk put me gently in the back seat. I frowned when he went to sit at the front, next to Himchan. Sey took her place next to me in the back.

"Himchan oppa, how did you know where to find me?" I asked curiously, trying to avoid the awkward silence in the car.

"I installed a tracking app on your phone earlier." he smiled.

"And the room number?"

"He slept with the girl in the reception." Sey said bitterly before Himchan could answer.

"But the room wasn't on Zico's name.." I stated.

"He has a fake name he usually use for things like this.. It's always the same name." Yongguk said.

"And the room service? Did you steal the cart from the staff or something?"

"I wanted to threaten the guy, but your idiot friend decided to flirt with him instead." Himchan said.

"Why can you sleep with whoever you want to get something and I can't flirt with someone for the same reason?" Sey questioned.

"It's different." Himchan stated.

"How?" she insisted.

"Your'e a girl."

"And you are a pathetic chauvinist." she glared at him.

"I'm not a chauvinist. I just don't think you should do this kind of things. There are other ways to get what you want without using your body." Himchan tried to explain. If only he told her the real reason it bothered him.. He was jealous she is flirting with guys that are not him. It drove him crazy and he want to kill every guy that gets too close to her.

"Forget it." she sighed, annoyed.

 

~

 

"She fell asleep." Sey stated when Himchan parked the car in front of the girls dorm. The three of them looked at Hyeri who was sleeping comfortably, leaning on Sey.

"I'll carry her, don't wake her up." Yongguk said.

 

Yongguk slowly took Hyeri in his arms, wrapping her arms around him carefully, trying not to wake her up in the process. She stirred in her sleep a little, but didn't wake up. He smiled when she leaned closer onto him. He really missed her.

"Gukkie oppa.." She was sleep talking again. He couldn't help but smile because of her cute habit. When she does it she usually say things she will never tell him when she is awake, which makes him even more curious about what she wants to say. The fact that she doesn't remember any of it in the morning is a bonus as well. 

"What is it?" he asked.

"I didn't want to kiss him, I only wanted to get out of there.. I wanted him to stop bugging you."

"Stop being so careless.. What if he had done something worse to you?"

"I don't mind. I offered him to do what he want with me so he'll leave you alone. I would do it again."

"So stupid.." Yongguk sighed. He really can't understand why she is insisting on doing this idiotic things. It's not helping him if she is suffering because of him, it's only doing the opposite. Besides, it's his fault to begin with, so why is she taking the blame?

"Oppa.." Hyeri mumbled again, cutting him off from his thoughts.

"What?"

"Hurt." she pouted and moved her right leg a little. It's the leg Zico stabbed.

"I'm sorry. Do you want go to the hospital?"

"No." she shook her head. "Can you stay with me?"

"That's a bit.." Yongguk started to say smoething, but Sey cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

"Just do it. You can stay in the living room together, our couch opens to a bed. I'll talk to the other girls." Sey smiled.

"But.."

"But nothing. Can't you see she is hurt? She won't remember any of it in the morning anyway, can't you do this little favour to her? It was your fault to begin with, and I know you want to stay with her." Sey claimed.

"Alright." Yongguk sighed, giving up.

 

When they reached the dorm Sey helped them open the couch and put a bedding on it. When Yongguk put Hyeri down she curled into a ball and slept soundly. He laid down next to her, still keeping a distance between them. On the other hand, Hyeri had different thoughts, and she got closer to him, gluing herself to him. He took a deep breath and wrapped his arm around her, accepting his fate. Actually, he was comfortable and he liked being this close to her, he was just scared that she'll wake up and misunderstand everything since she won't remember their conversation in the morning.

"Good night, my brave princess." Yongguk said and pecked Hyeri's forehead. His eyes trailed to her lips and he wondered if he should kiss them. Eventually he decided not to since he didn't want to wake her up.

"Good night, handsome oppa." she mumbled in her sleep and he smiled.

 

~

 

Yongguk really couldn't fall asleep, no matter how much he tried. Eventually he gave up and just watched Hyeri, letting the thoughts run in his head. Hyeri changed her position from time to time, but it didn't bother him. Everytime she moved he adjusted himself to make it more comfortable for her and let his thoughts take over him again.

When he finished thinkng about Hyeri and Zico he started thinking about the boys and their album, and then he thought about the girls debut. He is curious about their song and concept since he haven't heard it yet. The only thing he knew is that Hyeri doesn't like the song, although she told him she is starting to get used to it.

Hyeri changed her position again, bringing him back to reality. Now her right hand was resting on his stomach. Occasionally she would move her hand, and sometimes it landed lower than it was supposed to. Yongguk sighed. This is going to be a long night..

 


 

Author's Note:

 

I'm sorry if it's not what you expected.. :\

If you didn't understand something just ask and I'll try to explain :)

I promise the next chapter will be better.

 

Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, etc.!

 

M.