Chapter 78

Masks

26 Days before the debut showcase:

"Hyeri, look! There is an article about us!" Eun Hee beamed and showed me her phone:

 

After teasing us with what seemed like their debut date just a couple of days ago, the "Peppermint" girls are now revealing their album cover photo and their release schedule.

Peppermint's debut is confirmed for August 1st! Their debut showcase is scheduled for July 31, and you can already get tickets for it through their company, TS Entertainment. Are you excited?

The girls are keeping it mysterious about their concept and their title song name, which is making us curious.. Either way, we are sure it's going to be great!

What do you think? Tell us your thoughts!

 

You can see their release schedule below:

 

July 10 - July 14 - Members teaser photos

July 15 - Tracklist

July 20 - "5:25" Album medley

July 25 - MV teaser

July 31 - Debut showcase & MV release countdown

August 1st, midnight - MV release

 

"Wow.. That's quick.." I commented.

"When are we filming the music video?" Yujin asked, sitting beside us.

"The day after tomorrow, I think." I answered.

"What about our hair then?" Eun Hee asked curiously.

"Probably tomorrow? Or when we film the music video.. I'm not sure."

 

25 Days before the debut showcase:

"Let's do a v-app!" I suggested while we took a break from the dance practice.

"Cool. Let's turn it on!" Sey said enthusiastically.

 

~

 

"Is it working?" I asked while trying to see if I managed to do it right, since it was the first time I tried to use it.

"Looks like it.." Sey said, looking at the screen as well.

"I want to be in too!" Eun Hee said and joined us. Yujin and Sumi followed her, joining us as well.

"Let's greet our viewers." I said, and we stood in a line in order to do our greeting. "One, two, three."

"Hello, we are Peppermint and we are going to refresh your day!" We said together and bowed. After that we sat down on the floor.

"How many people do you think are watching?" Yujin asked.

"Probably five.." I said after checking the number on the screen.

"Then do something!" Sumi argued, nudging my arm.

"Like what?" I asked confused. I really have no idea what to do to get us more attention..

"Take your shirt off!" Sey made a joke, resulting in me glaring at her.

"Oh no, Hyeri is mad.." Eun Hee teased.

"Hyeri is kinda scary when she is mad.." Yujin confirmed.

"Sey, your'e dead now!" Eun Hee continued teasing Sey, and I turned to glare at Eun Hee instead.

"Hyeri looks innocent, but she can be quite fierce as well.." Sumi said to the camera.

"Stop talking bad about your unnie." Sey hit Sumi's head with a paper she found nearby.

"Yah! That hurt!" Sumi whined, rubbing her head. "I didn't say anything wrong!"

"Should we put name tags on? They probably don't recognize us yet.." Eun Hee offered, changing the subject.

"Let's do it!" I said and we took some stickers to write our names on it.

"Done!" Sey smiled and pointed at our stickers, attached to our shirts. "Now you can see who is who!"

"We are in the middle of dance practice, we are just having a break.." I explained. "This is our bare faces.. We don't have any makeup on since it's only practice, so all of us are ugly right now.." I joked.

"Speak for yourself.." Sumi commented, frowning.

"Our makane is so noisy sometimes.." Sey sighed. "But she is so cute.." Sey pinched Sumi's cheeks playfuly and Sumi made a face.

"You know, in other groups the makanes are always loved and spoiled by the older members, but in this group things are going in a different way.." Sumi whined.

"Are you claiming you are not getting enough attention?" Yujin exclaimed, and Sumi nodded.

"Poor thing.. Let's show her some love." Eun Hee said and started jumping on Sumi, knocking her over to the floor and squishing her in the process. Yujin joined Eun Hee, and afterwards Sey. I joined them last, after smiling at their silly behaviour. Eventually we made a pile on top of Sumi and she was unable to move.

"Yah! Stop squishing me. Your'e heavy. Lose some weight." Sumi complained.

"You wanted attention, so we are giving you some." Yujin played innocent.

"You are just proving my point." Sumi claimed.

"Girls, let's get off of her before she'll break something.." I said and got up from the top of the pile. The other girls did the same as me. Sumi faked a cough to prove she suffered underneath us.

"Crybaby." Sey pinched Sumi's cheeks again.

"Anyway.." Yujin started talking again, bringing our focus back to the camera. "I know it might not seem that way right now, but we are working hard for our debut showcase."

"You are coming, right?" Eun Hee asked sweetly.

"I think you can see it on v-app as well, but we still want to see you." I said. "Right, girls?" I looked at the others.

"Right! We are looking forward to meet our refresheners!" Sumi beamed.

"We prepared a lot of stages for our debut showcase and we are working hard on the album." Sey said.

"So please support us!" Eun Hee added.

"Here is our handsome oppa.." I said and moved the camera to Gun when I noticed he came back to the practice room.

"Oh, I think the views are going up!" Sumi mentioned.

"They probably like seeing the handsome oppa.." Sey joked.

"This handsome oppa is our choreographer. He makes all our dances." I explained while getting up and going over to him. "Say hey, we are doing a v-app."

"Hello.." Gun waved his hands shyly and started to blush. That was surprising.. It's the first time I'm seeing him like this, since he is always confident and charismatic. "I'm Gun, nice to meet you." he bowed politely.

"He is handsome, right?" I smiled. "Oppa, how would you estimate our dance level?" I turned back to him.

"Just work hard." Gun said dryly.

"Oppa!" I pouted. "Don't listen to him, we are doing fine. He is usually nicer, I don't know why he is mean today.."

"Hyeri, come back here!" Yujin shouted from her place. I kind of left them in order to film Gun..

"I'm coming.." I sat back next to the other girls.

"Should we read some comments?" Sey offered.

"Let's do it!" Sumi smiled.

"Where is B.A.P?" Eun Hee read the first comment she saw. It's kind of rude, but I tried to ignore it and not to make a issue out of it. As long as they still watch our broadcast..

"They are probably working.. I think Yongguk should be at the company, working on new songs. I didn't see the other members today.." Sey said nicely. She handled it well since I would have gotten mad at the person asking.

"I saw Jongup earier, but he went filming." Yujin added.

"Next comment.." I said. "Eun Hee, you look pretty." I read the first comment I saw.

"Oh, thank you!" Eun Hee blushed and did a heart with her hands, thanking the person who wrote the comment.

"Show us your aegyo." Sumi read the next comment.

"Who wants to start?" I asked.

"Let's do it according to our sitting order." Sey offered. "Hyeri, you start since you are at the end."

"I like you." I said with a baby voice. I also did a cute face and then made hearts with my fingers. The girls bursted out laughing. I could see Gun laughing as well.

"What's wrong?" I asked, confused. It wasn't that bad.. nor funny.

"I think we finally found something Hyeri is not good at.. Acting cute and doing aegyo." Yujin commented, trying to hold her laughter.

"That's the second thing already, since she still at being y." Sumi mentioned. "Did you forget she had to keep doing the y dance since she kept doing it wrong?"

"Right! How could I forget?" Eun Hee exclaimed. "How many times did you actually had to do it?" she asked, and all the girls looked curiously at me, waiting for my response.

"Seven.." I admitted shyly.

"And she still failed!" Sumi laughed. "Eventually the company gave up and told her not to do it again."

"It wasn't that bad!" I argued.

"I'm sorry, honey.. You know I love you, but it was bad." Sey said, and my face started to get red.

"You can ask Gun as well, since he is here." Yujin added.

"How about we make her do it again, so our refresheners can see for themselves? They are going to think we are just bullying her." Sumi offered. I wanted to kill her at that moment.. She is lucky it's being filmed, so I can't do anything.

"Don't! It will scare our fans away!" I tried to argue, making the girls laugh harder. As much as I hate them laughing at me, I hate doing this dance more, so I'm trying to avoid it in any way I can. Besides, my excuse wasn't that far from reality since I'm really bad at it and I don't want to lose fans either. "We don't have a lot of fans to begin with, don't scare the ones that we have.."

"She has a point.." Yujin stated.

"Fine, then let's conitnue with our aegyo." Eun Hee said and the girls turned to look at Sey, who was sitting next to me.

"I like you." Sey said cutely and did a heart. This time the girls didn't laugh since it was quite good.

The other girls did the same thing for their aegyo. Sumi was last.

"What do we do now?" Sey asked.

"Since we are in the practice room, how about we show them a dance or something?" I offered, and the girls nodded enthusiastically.

"What do we do then?" Sumi asked,

"We can't show them things from the album since wer'e not allowed to, but something we did in the past should be fine.." I reasoned.

"Let's give Gun the option to choose since he knows what we are good at." Yujin offered.

"Oppa, what do you say?" Eun Hee asked Gun, turning the camera to him.

"Alright. Give me the phone, I can film you so you can dance. Let's do what you did in the warm-up yesterday, okay?" Gun offered, smiling.

"Deal." I smiled as well. We gave him the phone and went to the center of the room, waiting for Gun to turn the music on.

The music started blasting in the room and we did the familiar dance. Luckily, we didn't make any mistakes while dancing and the routine ended smoothly.

"That was it." I took the phone back from Gun, smilimg. "Did you enjoy it?"

"We should go back to practice. We want to want to work hard for you." Yujin said.

"We will do more things like this in the future." Eun Hee said.

"If there is something you want us to do in our v-app you can write us in out fancafe or in our SNS. We read everything and we will try our best to do it." Sumi said, smiling.

"Right. It could be a dance cover or a tour in our dorm or some games.. Whatever you want!" Sey exclaimed.

"Yah, not everything. What if you get some weird requests?" I asked.

"Alright, not everything, but almost everything. If we can do it we will do it." Sey corrected herself.

"I hope you had fun, because we enjoyed the live a lot." I said.

"We really need to go now because the handsome oppa is frowning because it takes us too long and we need to practice." Sumi said and turned the camera back to the frowning Gun.

"One, two, three." I counted again when Sumi turned the camera back to us.

"We are peppermint and we are going to refresh your day!" we chanted together, already used to the greeting.

"Bye bye." we waved our hands and ended the broadcast.

 

~

 

"That was fun." Yujin said while flopping down to the floor.

"Yes. it was fun." I agreed and joined her.

"We should do it more often." Sumi said.

"We actually had more than five viewers at the end." Eun Hee beamed.

"That's good." Sey said, smiling.

"Girls, we need to practice." Gun stated, officially ending our break.

 


 

Author's Note:

 

This chapter is probably one of the few chapters that doesn't revolve around BAP and has nothing to do with them (minus that one comment).

Since this chapter is only about the girls, I'm scared it might be boring.. I wanted to show their group dynamics more, but I don't know how it came out..

Tell me what you think and if you want more chapters like this (where the focus is only on the girls), so I'll know if I should do it more or not..

 

As you can see, there is a countdown again, for the girls debut. That means their debut is getting closer.. Finally!

 

Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, etc! <3

 

M.