Chapter 53

Masks

My alarm clock woke me up from a sweet sleep. Last night was exhausting, physically and emotionally, and I really needed that sleep. I stretched my body and lazily got out of bed, making my way to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

When I looked in the mirror something caught my attention. I didn't notice it yesterday since I was distracted.

"Ahh!" a scream came out of my mouth when I realized what it is.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Sey came running into the bathroom, panicked.

"This.." I pointed at the suspicious spot, not moving my eyes from it.

"This is called a hickey. It is done when someone.." she started explaining, calmly, trying not to burst out laughing because of my terrified expression.

"I know what it is." I cut her off. "Why do I have this?" I examined the red-purple marks that decorated my neck. They were scattered along my neck, from beneath my ear to my collarbone. He was thorough.

"Well, I think I'm not the right person to ask him that.. You should ask Yongguk." she smiled, leaning against the wall. "It is from him, right?"

"Of course it is! Why would it be from someone else?" I glared at her.

"I don't know.. I just wanted to make sure." I threw a towel on her. "How can you not know he did this?" she laughed, putting the towel back in place.

"I don't know.. I thought he was just kissing me.. It's not like we did it before.. Or I did it before.." my face heated, and I realized how stupid I sound.

"You are so funny.. And innocent."

"How do I get rid of it?" I asked impatiently, trying to change the subject.

"Why would you get rid of it? It means he wants you."

"Because I can't let people see this? It's like going around with a sign that says I had or that I'm dating someone."

"Did you?"

"What?" I asked confused, looking at her.

"Had .. You left the karaoke early and you got back home late.. You were gone for a while."

"Of course not!" I exclaimed. What does she take me for? "We just started dating.."

"And?"

"And not everyone is doing it even before they start dating."

"In that case, you are definitely missing out." Sey winked. "I'm sure Yongguk is a good partner." my face became red as a tomato from just mentioning it.

"How do I cover this?" I turned her attention back to my problem.

"Makeup or a scarf or something, depends on your schedule today."

 

~

 

"Yah! Bang Yongguk!" I finally found him in the cafeteria with the rest of B.A.P.

"Oh, crap." Himchan mumbled.

"What did you do now?" Youngjae asked Yongguk.

"Nothing.." Yongguk answered, clueless as to why Hyeri is looking for him, looking angry.

"Can you pass one day without fighting?" Daehyun teased, while Jongup and Zelo just stared at Hyeri with terrified looks in their eyes.

"Bbang!" I stood next to them.

"What is it, babe?" Yongguk asked, smiling.

"Babe? Seriously?" Himchan mocked, and I glared at him. Without noticing, I tightened the scarf around my neck.

"Speak." Yongguk said to me. I looked nervously around the cafeteria. It was crowded since it was morning.

"There are people here." I mumbled.

"Let's go somewhere else." he said and started leading me to a quieter place.

 

"Why are you mad at me?" Yongguk asked.

"Look.." I took off my scarf so he could see the marks he left on my body. He smiled brightly, admiring his work of art.

"This is the symbol of my love." he said, and I rolled my eyes at the cheesy comment.

"It's too noticeable." I stated.

"Then now other guys will know they need to stay away from you since your'e already taken." Yongguk smiled.

"And I will also get in trouble because of it since I'm not supposed to date."

"You are cute." he stated, ignoring what I just said. Does he really don't get the problem or he is just playing around?

"Don't change the subject!"

"Fine." Yongguk sighed. "I'm sorry if it bothered you, I won't do it again if you don't want me to." he stuck his hands in his pockets.

"Actually.." I mumbled.

"What?" he stared at me, and I started getting embarrassed.

"I won't know if you won't tell me." he said after I didn't say anything.

"I actually enjoyed it. I just freaked out when I saw it because I don't want us to get caught. I'm sorry I got mad at you. You can do it as much as you want, I like it." I said as fast as I could, not looking at him. I'm really embarrassed right now, and I made a complete fool out of myself. I waited for him to say something, but he didn't say anything, and it stressed me out. Yongguk planted a kiss on my forehead. I looked hesitantly at him.

"Just talk to me if something bothers you, we will work things out together. And stop being embarrassed about everything, I won't judge you nor leave you because of it." he smiled. "You really don't have to pretend to be perfect around me, I don't need it. I want the real you." How did he manage to read my mind? 

"Oppa.." I clutched his shirt lightly.

"Let's do something tonight, okay?" he caressed my cheek. I nodded happily. "What do you want to do?"

"Whatever you want." he stared at me and then leaned forward. I did the same, waiting for him to kiss me.

"We have so much work to do with the girls debut.." Jinu's voice echoed in the hallway. We noticed him and B.A.P's manager walking past us, eyeing us suspiciously. My heart started to beat faster. We can't get caught, even if Jinu is here.

"That's it, I think the dirt came out of your eye." Yongguk said, examining my eye and then pulling away.

"Oh.. T.. Thanks." I stuttered. Jinu and B.A.P's manager stopped walking, smiling mischievously. My face heated.

"If you finished helping her out please go back to work, you two. Stop slacking around." Jinu said.

"Yes, sir." I said and hurried to go, leaving Yongguk with them. When I was far from them I took a deep breath. That was close.

"Bbang." B.A.P's manager called.

"Yes, hyung?" Yongguk asked.

"She is still a trainee. Leave her alone. Don't mess her debut."

"Yes, sir." Yongguk bowed and walked away.

 

~

 

I went back to practice at the third floor. It was weird since I got used to being on the second floor, which is way more comfortable. Well, soon we'll be in the second floor permanently, we just need to debut.

When I passed by the notice board in the hallway I noticed a new announcment on it. It was a notice for a meeting discussing our debut. I smiled. It's finally happening, for real.. I wonder what kind of concept we will have.

I went inside the practice room. The girls were already there with Gun. We were doing another dance routine.

The practice was hard, but we managed to do it. When we finally had a break we flopped on the floor, exhausted.

"I'm nervous." Eun Hee said while stretching her legs.

"Me too.." Yujin admitted. "I wonder what kind of concept we will have.."

"Since we have princess over here, it will probably be the one that suit her the most." Sumi muttered.

"Stop it." Sey glared at her. She is like the peacemaker of our group, putting everyone in place when they cross the line.. Including me.

"I'm sure the company will do what suits everyone.. They want us to do well." I said.

"What kind of concept do you want to do?" Yujin asked, pulling her knees to her chest.

"y." Sumi said.

"Pop. I want something cute and fun." Eun Hee said.

"Hip Hop." I said.

"R&B or retro. I want something funky." Sey said.

"Ballad. That way I don't have to dance much.." Yujin said.

"Oh.. I'm sure you'll do great whatever it is, I will help you out." I said and ruffled her hair playfuly.

"Ladies, go back to work. Break is over." Gun announced. With that, we resumed practicing.

 

~

 

"Here." I put a bottle of water in front of Sey when we sat in the cafeteria after the practice.

"Thanks." she took it and started drinking.

"Tell me about Hana." I asked. She put the bottle back on the table, the blood draining from her face.

"Y.. You.. K.. Know?" she stuttered.

"Yes. That was what we actually did last night, not what you thought."

"What do you know?"

"That she was your best friend and I know what happened to her.." I said quietly.

"Good."

"I'm sorry about her.."

"It happened a few years ago, I learned to cope." Sey said dryly. "I hope you understand now why I was against you dating him at first.. I just didn't want it to happen again."

"I know." I looked at the table in front of me. Yongguk had the same mindset at first.. "It won't happen again."

"I guess me and Yongguk are really stuck with each other.. Somehow he always hit on my best friend.." she smiled.

"I promise to take good care of him."

"I know you care about him, and I know he will take good care of you if it's up to him." I blushed.

"Was she a nice person?"

"Yes. She had a kind heart and good personality, but you are really different from one another."

"How?" I was curious.

"You are more mature and independent than her. She was quite.. Clingy and spoiled, and she acted like a kid often. But she was a good person."

"Oh.." I tried to imagine Yongguk with somone spoiled and clingy. It was hard to imagine. I know Sumi can be clingy, but Yongguk can't stand her..

"Hard to imagine, right?" Sey smiled, reading my mind.

"A little.." I admitted shyly.

"He changed since it happened, and so am I."

 

~

 

I was resting in the dorm when my phone rang. I smiled brightly when I saw Yongguk's name on the screen. I answered his call happily.

"Hey, oppa." I smiled.

"What's up, princess?" he asked, and I could tell he was smiling.

"Good."

"Are you tired?"

"No.. How about you?"

"I'm fine."

"That's great."

"Babe.."

"Hmm?"

"About our date tonight.." I had butterflies when he mentioned the word 'date'. It's the first time we actually call it this way.

"Are you cancelling on me?" I hope it's not the case.

"Of course not!" he exclaimed.

"Then what is it?"

"I'll pick you up at 8. Dress elegantly, but not too formal. Something in the middle."

"Where are we going?" I asked, surprised from his instructions.

"Surprise." I could tell he was smiling.

"Oppa.."

"What is it?"

"Reporters.." I said quietly. Yongguk laughed.

"Don't worry, even if there will be reporters there we could say we went out to celebrate the end of our promotions.. I asked Jinu about it as well, he said it's fine."

"Thank you." Luckily he can't see my face right now because they were really red.

"Everything for you, babe. I'll see you soon." he said and hanged up.

I sat on my bed, trying to calm my heart down. We already spent time together, so why am I so nervous? It shouldn't be different from the other times we were together.. Beside the fact that he called it a date. Our first date, my first date. What do I do?

"Stop daydreaming." Sey threw a pillow at me.

"Sorry.." I snapped out of my thoughts.

"What were you thinking about?" she climbed to my bed and sat next to me, hugging the pillow she threw earlier.

"Date.."

"Where are you going?" she asked, excited.

"I don't know. He said it's a surprise."

"So what are you wearing?"

"I don't know yet.. Elegant but not too formal."

"I know!" she beamed. "You will look like a real princess today." she quickly got of my bed and started digging our closet for appropriate clothing. I smiled watching her so happy and excited.

 


  

Author's Note:

 

I'm back.. I think.

 

It's a warm-up chapter for the next ones.. The next chapter is sweet and the one after is more entertaining (I hope).

Sorry, I can't let go of Yongguk and Hyeri so easily, so just wait one more chapter ^^

 

The next update will probably be in the next couple of days since I have most of it written already.

 

Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting! <3

 

M.