Chapter 112

Masks

"Hyeri, come here!" Jinu called after me when we arrived to the company.

"If you are going to scold me then save it. I won't listen." I said and stormed off, disappearing from his sight. I have fifteen more minutes until practice starts and I want to be alone. Too much happened today, and I need a few moments for myself. Is that too much to ask for?

"Hey, where are you going?" Yongguk asked, watching me storm off.

"I don't want to talk." I muttered and continued walking, passing him.

"You are not avoiding me again!" Yongguk said sternly, grabbing my arm.

"What can't you understand in 'I don't want to talk'?" I asked, slightly annoyed. I think I was pretty clear.

"Stop running away from me." he pleaded.

"What do you want?" I sighed heavily. I still don't want to talk to him. Himchan was right.. I should not worry him with my problems, he has enough of his own. He should focus on B.A.P's comeback, not on my failing debut. I can do this, I just need to find the strong Hyeri that is still hiding somewhere. I can take care of myself.

"How was the fansign?"

"Bad. Now can I leave?" I asked impatiently.

"What happened?" worry was written all over his face. Damn it. Don't worry about me, just go.

"Nothing that should concern you." I said dryly.

"We are dating, in case you forgot." the annoyance and hurt in his voice were obvious.

"Then let's stop."

"And there you go again, trying to break up with me for stupid reasons. What is it this time? Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed? Are you on your period? Jinu scolded you? Or did you gain weight? Which one is it?" Yongguk mocked.

"I'm serious. Let's break up."

"Find a different excuse. That sentence doesn't work on me anymore."

"You !" I stomped my feet in annoyance.

"There we go again.. Now you are supposed to throw in some more curses and then tell me to break up with you again. And if that doesn't work you usually start crying or run away in the middle of our conversation." he said calmly.

"Go yourself."

"With who? You are not being helpful in this case." I tried not to show I was hurt. He knows it's a sensitive issue for me, so why mentioning it?

"With anybody that is not me." I smiled brightly. "Go have fun, you need it. I won't be a problem anymore."

"Hyeri.." Yongguk sighed loudly. "Did someone said something to you?" he asked, scanning my face for clues.

"No."

"Then what did you do to my Hyeri? Just yesterday you came to me crying because you were worried, so why are you avoiding me now?"

"I didn't cry." I raised my voice a bit, glaring at him.

"Then how do you call what you did yesterday?" he questioned, getting closer to me. I backed off, keeping the distance between us.

"Cleaning my eyes and regenerating my skin cells." I answered confidently. He will not break me.

"You're unbelievable." he laughed bitterly.

"Too much for you to handle?" I mocked.

"I actually think it's the other way around." he said and leaned both of his hands on the wall behind me, trapping me between them. His face was close to mine, only an inch separating between us.

"Get lost." I said, as coldly and threatening as I could.

"Talk to me." he demanded.

"Not interested."

"Fine. Then I guess I'll just tell everyone you are a crybaby and that you can't handle the pressure.." he smirked. "As expected from a weak person like you."

The slap that landed on his right cheek could be heard until the end of the hallway. The red marks decorating it was quite visible as well. Yongguk removed his hands from the wall to rub his hurting cheek, setting me free.

"Never call me weak or a crybaby, unless you want to die."

"You wouldn't dare."

"Try me." I smirked. "Oh, and you should take care of your group instead of worrying about me. You don''t want to drop to my level, right? It will hurt too much." I said dryly and walked away.

That was harder than I thought.. But I should take care of my own problems and not depend on him to solve it for me. I can't rely on him forever.

"How am I supposed not to worry when you are being weird?" Yongguk exclaimed. I stopped in my place and turned to him.

"Weirdness is subjective. I'm perfectly fine."

"Is that how you want to be?" he asked, staring intently at me.

"Yes. Can I go now?"

"Sure. I'm not forcing anyone to be around me." he had a fake smile plastered on his face.

"Thank you." I said and did an exaggerated bow.

"Good to know my girlfriend trusts me.." Yongguk said bitterly. I could detect the sarcasm in his voice as well.

"Good to know my boyfriend understands me and gives me some space when I need it." I responded in the same way. I could see he was hurt, but I kept a straight face.

"I really don't know what has gotten into you, but if you ever come back to your senses, you know where to find me." Yongguk said dryly and walked away, leaving me by myself.

"I WON'T FIND YOU, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!" I called after him, loud enough to make sure he heard me.

 

~

 

"Hey, girls." Youngjae greeted when he spotted the girls in the cafeteria. Well, minus Hyeri.

"Hey." they answered, smiling.

"How was your first fansign?"

"Good.. Until Hyeri runied it." Sumi said.

"What did she do?" Youngjae asked curiously. Hyeri is hot tempered, but there is no way she will sabotage them on purpose, so something must have happened.

"A weird ahjussi bugged her, so she was a bit startled." Sey said quickly before Sumi could trash talk Hyeri.

"So you met this kind of fans as well.." Youngjae sighed. "Is she alright?"

"Of course she is. She just likes the attention." Sumi scoffed.

"She'll be fine. I think.." Sey said.

"Make sure you are there for her, some so-called fans can be really creepy."

 

~

 

Yongguk was furious. No, he was beyond furious. He is used to Hyeri's mood swings and to her attempts to break up with him for ridiculous reasons only she finds convincing, but this was new even to her. What exactly did he do wrong? He only wanted to make sure his girlfriend is fine after she was worried the day before. She didn't have to take her anger out on him and break everything just because she is mad. He doesn't deserve it.

He does love Hyeri and wants to be there for her, and he is willing to tolerate a lot of things, but this might be one thing too much. If she is mad for whatever reason, he doesn't have to be her punching bag. Enough is enough. No, he would gladly be one, but she is ungrateful and taking advantage of it. Which ticks him off.

He understand that she is stressed and nervous and he knows that better than anyone, but that can't be an excuse for everything. Yes, she usually apologizes afterwards, but it always happens again, and apologies doesn't always make up for what you did wrong. Honestly, he is starting to get tired of it. Of everything. Why can't he have a normal and peaceful relationship? One where his girlfriend takes care of him and let him take care of her without complaining about it too much, and one where she gives him everything he needs, including the physical stuff.

Yongguk laughed bitterly at the thought. He didn't have to think much about the answer to that question, because it was obvious - The relationship he described is anything but Hyeri. Although Hyeri drives him crazy a lot of times, he is still looking forward to every meeting with her. He likes the fact that she is independent and not spoiled most of the time, and that he can genuinely tell how she feels just by looking at her. She is that easy to read. And right now, something was definitely wrong with her, and he was determined to figure out what.

 

~

 

"Hyeri, it's your turn." Hyerim, the vocal teacher, said.

"Sure." I smiled and stood up. I was still mad at Yongguk, but I decided to channel my anger to my singing, and I have just the right song for it.

"What are you singing?" she asked.

"'Don't Touch Me' by Ailee."

"That's a good choice." Hyerim smiled. "Are you sure you can handle it?"

"No problem." I smiled.

 

~

 

Daehyun and Zelo were on their way to the practice room when they heard singing from one of the rooms. It was definitely Hyeri's voice, but something was different this time.. It sounded angry and venomous.

"Hyung.." Zelo quietly said while they stopped next to the room in order to hear and see better. From the small window they could see Hyeri performing her song. She looked fierce.

"What?" Daehyun turned his attention to Zelo.

"I think she is mad.." Zelo said quietly.

"Yeah, I get that feeling too.." Daehyun sighed and turned his attention back to Hyeri. She was standing still at the moment, her eyes closed. It seemed as if she was trying to hold back a few tears from falling.

"I said a whole bunch of thorny words and perfectly turned away, but why do tears keep filling my eyes? Get out get out get out get out let me gooooo!" Hyeri sang her lines, her powerful voice echoes through the room.

"Do you think she had a fight with Yongguk hyung?" Zelo asked.

"Probably.."

 

~

 

Yongguk was emptying his third bottle of water in the last ten minutes, and it was not because they practiced hard.. They were actually still on a break.

Himchan watched him worriedly before deciding to speak. "Yongguk.."

The older male lifted his eyes to look at Himchan without saying anything.

"What's wrong?" Himchan asked and sat in front of Yongguk.

"Nothing." Yongguk opened another bottle and started drinking it.

"It's not alcohol, slow down." Himchan said and grabbed the bottle, taking it out of Yongguk's hand.

"Too bad it's not alcohol.. But I'm not that irresponsible to drink in the middle of the day when we have things to do."

"What's wrong? Did you fight with Hyeri or something?" Himchan tried his best guess. If Yongguk is in a bad mood it's usually related to Hyeri..

"Is it that obvious?" Yongguk sighed.

"Well.." Himchan tried to find the right words, but Yongguk cut him off.

"I just don't understand what's wrong with her. Yesterday she was all crying and needing my support, and now she doesn't even want to look at me. What the hell did I do wrong? I did nothing but being there for her and trying to console her." Yongguk messed his hair in annoyance. No matter how much he tries to think about it, he can't understand what he did wrong, and it drives him crazy.

"So Hyeri is avoiding you?" Himchan asked, trying to understand the situation.

"Yes. She just yelled at me earlier for asking how was the fansign.. And then she kept telling me to stay out of her business."

Himchan sighed quietly. It can't be that Hyeri is doing it because of him, right? He definitely didn't tell her to stop talking to Yongguk or to stop relying on him, he was just trying to make her see she is strong and that she can depend on herself. But on a second thought.. We are talking about Hyeri.

"Yongguk.." Himchan decided to gather his courage and talk. Yongguk wasn't supposed to know about the conversation he had with Hyeri earlier, but if Hyeri is doing it because of him then Yongguk should know about it. He hates seeing his best friend miserable like that.

"What?"

"I think I might know why she is acting like that.." Yongguk looked at Himchan curiously. He was desperate to know what's wrong and to find a solution. He needs Hyeri. He wants to hug her so much, or just inhale her sweet scent. In the morning she told him that other people in the company might use the same perfume as her, but truth is that he will always recognize her. Her scent is different. Her perfume mixes with her shampoo and with her natural scent, creating the special fragrance he is addicted to.

"I might have talked to her in the morning.." Himchan starts carefully, cutting Yongguk's thoughts.

"About what?" Yongguk asked. The tone of his voice was harsher, but still not threatening. Yongguk still gave him some slack and an opportunity to explain himself better.

"I might have told her she shouldn't depend on you so much and that she should trust herself more.." Himchan said quietly, hoping Yongguk will stay calm after hearing his answer.

"You did what?" Yongguk raised his voice. .

"I told her she shouldn't depend on you so much." Himchan said confidently. He had a good intention, and it's not his fault Hyeri took it the wrong way.

"Why would you tell her that?" Yongguk stood up, his glaring eyes not leaving Himchan.

"Because you are affected."

"It's not your job to decide that." the older male said, clenching his fists.

"I'm your best friend and I'm worried about you."

"If you are worried about me, don't in in my relationship."

"How was I supposed to know she will take it the wrong way?" Himchan exclaimed. He was starting to get annoyed as well. He does love Hyeri and he cares about her, but his best friend matters more. He is not the type to get involved in other people's life without a valid reason, but there are things Yongguk can't see and he can, and he was just trying to help.

"Listen here." Yongguk grabbed Himchan's collar. "Hyeri is different than all the bimbos you are used to sleep around with."

"Hey, the majority of them were bimbos, but I spent time with some normal girls as well." Himchan stated, to Yongguk's annoyance.

"I don't care." Yongguk growled. "My point is that Hyeri is different and that's why things that usually work with other girls won't work with her."

"Well, she will get back to her senses soon." Himchan shrugged and Yongguk tightened his grip around Himchan's collar. Himchan coughed.

"Do you even know what you have done?" Yongguk glared at Himchan and lifted him in the air. Himchan's feet found themselves disconnecting from the safety of the ground.

"Bang, put me down." Himchan demanded, trying to sound as nice as he could.

"DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH EFFORT AND TIME IT TOOK ME TO GET HER TO OPEN UP TO ME? IF SHE IS CLOSING HERSELF AGAIN BECAUSE OF YOU I'M GOING TO KILL YOU, I DON'T CARE IF WE ARE HAVING A COMEBACK SOON!" Yongguk snapped. Now Himchan's back was glued to the nearest wall, his feet still in the air.

"Aren't you exaggerating?" Himchan asked, trying to release himself from Yongguk's tight grip.

"Hell no. You have no idea what I've been through with her." Yongguk grunted.

"Because you are the only person who is crazy enough to date her." Himchan retorted and Yongguk released his grip on Himchan's collar, only to attach his fist to Himchan's eye.

"WHAT THE ?!" Himchan exclaimed, touching his hurt eye.

"She broke up with me." Yongguk stated.

"She always tries to break up with you, and then you figure things out." the younger male shrugged.

"You better find a way to make things work again, or your eye won't be the only thing hurting." Yongguk threatened, glaring at Himchan, and stormed of the room.

"WE HAVE PRACTICE!" Himchan yelled after him.

"SCREW PRACTICE!"

 

~

 

"Hyeri. May I know why you're messing up every choreography we made since we started practice?" Gun inquired.

"I'm sorry." I apologized and bowed. I was distracted the whole practice, resulting in me making mistakes.

"You better get things together because you still have schedules later."

"Yes, oppa." I bowed again.

 

~

 

"Where is Yongguk hyung?" Zelo asked after scanning the practice room. All the boys were there except him.

"And what the hell happened to your eye?" Youngjae asked Himchan, who was now covering his hurt eye with a pack of ice.

"Yongguk happened to my eye." Himchan said bitterly.

"It looks quite bad.." Daehyun commented after scanning it, moving the ice pack a bit.

"Wait, why did he beat you up?" Jongup asked, finally processing the situation. Yongguk is a person of words rather than violence, so this was unusual.

"Don't ask." Himchan sighed.

"Isn't it obvious he had a fight with Hyeri? She looked weird as well.." Zelo commented.

"Maybe she is being weird because of the fansign.." Youngjae mumbled.

"Why? Did something happen?" Daehyun asked curiously, looking at Youngjae.

"Some ert bugged her or something.." the younger male answered.

"Oh, ." Himchan cursed. Looks like the problem just got bigger..

 

~

 

The dance practice was finally over and Sumi made her way to the conference rooms in the company because the girls were supposed to have a meeting there later with Jinu and the PR team.

On the way she spotted Yongguk turning the corner. She smiled and decided to follow him. It seems like Hyeri wasn't in a good mood today, and she is willing to bet that it's related to Yongguk.

"Oppa.." Sumi called cutely and backhugged Yongguk.

"Go away." he barked and released himself from her grip. He wasn't in the mood to deal with her at the moment.

"Oppa, that hurt." she whined, pouting.

"Do I look like I care?"

"You should care.." she mumbled.

"Give me one reason to care about you." Yongguk challenged.

"I will bring Hyeri down if you don't." Sumi smiled brightly, satisfied with her answer.

"Like you can." Yongguk scoffed.

"Are you going to take the risk?" she questioned.

"Screw off." Yongguk muttered and turned around, wanting to walk away.

"You broke up with Hyeri, didn't you?" Sumi asked, making Yongguk stop in his place. He turned around to face her.

"THIS IS NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!" he slammed his fist against the wall, an inch from Sumi's head. Every other person would flinch from the loud thud, but Sumi didn't. Angry Yongguk actually turned her on.

"Sensitive subject?" Sumi smirked. "I can make you feel better.." she said suggestively and traced her finger across his chest.

"If you want me to feel better then get lost."

"But where is the fun in that?" she pouted.

"Leave Hyeri alone." Yongguk said in the most threatening tone he could muster.

"Fine. But I want something in return."

"What is it?"

"A night with you.." she said and her hand slid beneath Yongguk's shirt, caressing his abs.

"Will never happen." he said coldly.

"Then no deal." Sumi crossed her arms over her chest.

"Why are you so interested in me?" Yongguk asked curiously.

"You are hot and rich." she answered immediately.

"There are plenty of guys that are hot and rich. Why me?" he insisted.

"Just because." Sumi smiled.

"So it has nothing to do with Hyeri?"

"At first not. But now it's a completely different story." she smirked.

"You are wasting your time." he stated.

"Aren't you wasting your time as well? It's not like she'll sleep with you anytime soon.."

"What will you do after sleeping with me?"

"Tell Hyeri she lost. And then move on to the next guy. If you take my offer I'll leave Hyeri alone as well."

"Is it that simple?" Yongguk asked. He knew better than to believe everything Sumi said. She always had a backup plan and there is no way it will be this simple to deal with her.

"Yes. I'm only asking for one night.. I'll make it memorable for you, more than all the nights Hyeri can give you."

"I have an offer."

"What is it?" Sumi asked curiously. It was weird Yongguk would have this kind of conversation with her.. He usually disappears after she says something about Hyeri or try to hit on him.

"Let's have a trial.." he said and got closer to her, trapping her between him and the wall. Not that she minded..

"What.. Trial?" she stuttered.

Yongguk's face was getting closer to hers and she could feel her heart beating faster from the excitement and nervousness. She could smell his scent and it drove her crazy. Why is he always smelling so good?

Sumi closed her eyes when she felt his hot breath brushing her lips and waited patiently.

"Kiss me well and you'll get more than that. But you have to keep your part of the deal." Yongguk growled and attached his lips to hers.

 

~

 

"What happened to your eye?" Sey asked the moment she saw Himchan. It was hard to miss the bruise decorating it since it was big and purple.

"Nothing." Himchan shrugged and put the ice pack back on.

"How is it nothing?" she hurried over to him and removed his hand so she can examine the damage better. "WHO THE HELL DID THIS TO YOU?!"

"No one."

"DON'T LIE!" she raised her voice, annoyed. Himchan is not the type to get into a fights, so something serious must have happened if he ended up like this.

"It was my fault."

"Who did this?"

"Yongguk." Himchan said quietly and Sey's face fell.

"What did you do?" she asked.

"I might have talked to Hyeri about something and he didn't like it.."

Sey tensed. "What was it?"

"She.. I'm worried about Yongguk, okay?" Himchan exclaimed.

"Why?"

"I think Hyeri depends on him too much." he finally answered and Sey smacked his head.

"OUCH! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" he whined, rubbing his head with his free hand.

"Why are you butting in in other people's business? It's their relationship, let them be." she scolded him.

"It was for his own good!" Himchan claimed, only to get hit again by the angry Sey.

"Hyeri needs him, don't take it away from her and don't come in between them. Their bond is different than ours."

"Of course their bond is different.. They are at the kindergarten playground while we are at the adults one.." Himchan joked, wrapping his free arm around her waist.

"ert." she mumbled, but hugged him tightly.

 

~

 

The only sound that was heard in the hallway was light panting and lips touching. Sumi puckered her lips, trying to get a better taste of Yongguk's lips. Her hands were wrapped around his neck and her back was glued to the wall. His arms were resting on the wall, on both sides of her body.

She pulled him closer to her and tried to grasp as much as possible from the situation. She couldn't believe she was actually doing this.. Kissing Yongguk. And he kissed her back, willingly. He probably really did break up with Hyeri.. If not, they'll break up the moment she'll realize they kissed.

Her lips moved perfectly against his. They felt so soft.. She could literally kiss them all day long without getting tired of it.

Yongguk her lips, signaling her he wants more. She happily parted them, allowing his tongue to slip inside . She felt like she was floating on air as her mind emptied and only registered the feeling of his lips and his tongue.

Sumi moaned into the kiss as her tongue fought for dominance with his. Eventually he let her win and her tongue started exploring his mouth while her teeth grazed his lower lip, earning a groan from him. She smirked, satisfied from his reaction.

Yongguk's hands moved to the sides of Sumi's body while her hands pulled him closer to her. His teeth sank in her lower lip and she moaned loudly. His arms moved to her and lifted her up. In response she wrapped her legs around his waist and held tightly while her back was leaning against the wall again.

Both of them didn't hear the footsteps getting closer.

 


 

Author's Note:

 

Oops.. 

 

I guess I'll need another chapter in order to finish this day.. It wasn't intentional.

 

Please tell me your thoughts, theories and stuff. I like reading your comments :)

 

I really wanted to write how excited I am for the comeback, but right now I just hope that Yongguk feels better and gets treated. It must be hard for him not to participate in the promotions and stuff :\

 

Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, etc. It means a lot to me! <3

 

M.