Chapter 149

Masks

"Good morning." I greeted when Yujin entered the kitchen.

"Morning." She mumbled sleepily and opened the fridge, taking out a bottle of water.

"You came home late yesterday." I commented.

"Yeah.. I had things to do."

"She had a date with Jongup." Sey said, joining us in the kitchen. Yujin blushed.

"How.. Did you.." Yujin stuttered, flustered.

"I am dating Himchan, you know. He is the company's Dispatch." Sey smirked.

"Wait, when did it happen?" I asked Yujin.

"Yesterday after the meeting with the CEO.." Yujin replied shyly, embarrassed to talk about it.

"What did you do on your date?" Sey asked.

"We went to the arcade."

"Unbelievable." Sey chuckled.

"I think it's cute." I commented. "Did you have fun?"

"Yes." Yujin smiled sheepishly.

"I'm really happy for you." I smiled warmly. "You fit well together."

"If he is giving you trouble, just tell us. Hyeri will gladly kick his ." Sey commented and I glared at her. She stuck her tongue out and I rolled my eyes. It's so like her.

"Thank you, unnie." Yujin said.

"Yah, did your Dispatch tell you something about me?" I asked Sey.

"In what aspect?"

"Yongguk." I said and I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Maybe." She smirked.

"Fine, be like that. I'm going to figure out things on my own." I stuck my tongue out.

"What do you want to know?" she asked.

"What does Yongguk think."

"Are you still insecure about your relationship?" Sey asked, frowning.

"Yes." I admitted.

"Why? It's really obvious that he likes you." Yujin commented.

"He loves you to death. Why are you still questioning him?" Sey asked, staring intently at me.

"I'm not questioning him, I'm questioning my ability to fit his level." I admitted, biting my lower lip.

"Where did this nonsense came from? Yongguk is the most down to earth person I know. He doesn't care about those things." She said, annoyed.

"From my heart." I answered quietly.

"I don’t need Himchan to tell me that Yongguk really loves you because it's obvious if you'll just look at him and the way he treats you and behaves around you. You are really important to him."

"And I'm still lacking." I said bitterly.

"The only thing you're lacking is self esteem." She retorted and it hurt. It's true but it hurts hearing it. It hurts even more that I don't know how to change that.

"You know, you are always really cool when you go on stage because your aura changes. You are confident and fierce and I really envy that." Yujin said. "It's a shame that it disappears when you're off-stage."

"Why are you so gloomy in the morning?" Eun Hee asked. She just got out of the bedroom and it was hard to miss our expressions.

"It's nothing." Yujin smiled sheepishly.

"I'm sorry for ruining your mood." I apologized to Yujin.

"Don't worry about it, you didn't ruin anything." She smiled brightly. "But you should have more confident in yourself."

"I'll try." I smiled.

"I'm tired." Eun Hee yawned.

"All of us." Sey yawned as well.

"Sey." I called.

"What?" she looked curiously at me.

"Did Dispatch tell you something about our next album?" I tried to brighten the mood.

"No. it's too early for that, but I'll see if I can get some information." She smiled.

"The infamous Dispatch?" Eun Hee asked, confused. "I thought they only know about dating scandals.."

"We were talking about Himchan." Yujin quickly filled her in.

"And he also knows about a lot of dating scandals." I joked.

"Speaking of dating scandals, guess who is finally dating!" Sey exclaimed happily.

"Who?" Eun Hee asked curiously and both me and Sey pointed at Yujin, who blushed furiously.

"Really?! Did Jongup finally ask you out?" Eun Hee asked and Yujin shyly nodded. "Congratulations! How did he do it?"

"Right, you didn't tell us that!" Sey commented.

"I thought you already know the full story?" Yujin questioned.

"It's not like hearing it from you. I bet Jongup's version of the story is different." Sey reasoned and Yujin rolled her eyes.

"So how was it?" I asked.

"Have you seen the dolls on my bed?" Yujin asked.

"I thought you robbed a Pokémon store." Eun Hee commented.

"We should have known it had something to do with Jongup.." I said and the girls laughed.

"So he used those to confess." Yujin started telling the story.

 

~

 

"Bang." Himchan called.

"What?" Yongguk asked while wearing his shirt.

"The girls are ending their promotions today."

"I know."

"Should we go visit them at the music show?" Himchan smirked and Yongguk could tell he was already plotting something.

"Sounds like a good idea." Yongguk smiled. "Tell the boys to get ready."

 

~

 

"It's our last music show for this promotion cycle." Eun Hee said when we were in Inkigayo's dressing room, waiting for our turn to perform.

"It really went by fast." Yujin commented.

"But it was fun." Sey said.

"We have to work harder after the chuseok." I reminded them. "It will be our last chance."

"Don't worry, we will try our best." Sey said and hugged my waist, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Now kiss." I heard Himchan's voice. I turned my head to his direction and I saw B.A.P standing in the entrance, Himchan smirking playfully.

"The adult movies set is in the other direction, ahjussi." I stated dryly.

"Burn." Youngjae chan and Himchan frowned.

"What are you actually doing here?" Yujin asked the boys.

"It’s your last performance so we came to support you." Jongup said, smiling sheepishly.

"Yongguk oppa!" Sumi hurriedly approached Yongguk, wrapping her arms around his arm.

"What are you doing?" he asked and moved his arm, freeing himself from Sumi's grip.

"I missed you." Sumi pouted.

"There is no reason for you to miss me, we are not related." Yongguk stated dryly and approached me. I was watching them curiously, relieved that Yongguk ignored her. What does she think she is doing?

"Hey babe." Yongguk wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Hey." I placed my hands on his chest, staring fondly at his face. I missed him. Just seeing his face can improve my mood and brighten my day no matter how bad it was.

"I missed you." He kissed my forehead.

"I missed you too."

"Babe."

"What?" I asked and he leaned in to whisper something in my ear.

"Can you keep the uniforms? You are extremely y in this outfit." He said with a low voice and my face flushed.

"Yongguk.." my voice came out as a low growl and he smirked.

"Yes, babe?" he looked at me with an adorable expression on his face. He looked like he was really focused and attentive to what I wanted to say. His face was composed but his gaze was teasing and anticipating.

"Do you really like it?" I asked.

"I believe I told you already that I have a uniform and you look amazing in those cheerleading clothes." He moved a strand of hair from my eyes.

"I'll try to keep this outfit if you like it. I want to make you happy."

"You are always making me happy." He commented and I felt happy and warm. He is really sweet and he always knows what to say to soften me and make me feel better.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Hyeri." Yongguk said and leaned in to kiss me.

 

~

 

"I want to throw up." Sumi commented while watching Hyeri and Yongguk. "They are so gross."

"At least they didn't take something that doesn't belong to them." Daehyun commented, mocking Sumi.

"Watch it." She warned.

"Or what?" Daehyun smirked.

"You are dating that Narae girl that befriended Hyeri." Sumi stated with a satisfied smile.

"And? I can date, unlike you."

"But she can't."

"That's not your problem."

"But it's going to be your problem if people finds out you are dating." She caressed his cheek, smirking.

 "Don't threaten me." Daehyun glared at her and moved her hand from his face.

"You're cute." Sumi smiled innocently.

"You're not." He replied and walked away, heading to the other side of the room.

 

~

 

"So that's your fantasy?" Sey asked Himchan when he approached her.

"What?" Himchan was confused.

"The thing you said earlier about me and Hyeri."

"Maybe." He smirked. "You have to admit she is hot, even if she is not my type."

"Watch it." Sey glared at him. "I don't like sharing." She declared while her hand discretely moved to his private area. "You better behave if you still want to have kids later." She patted his private area a couple of times before her hand dropped to the side of her body like nothing happened. Himchan gulped nervously, getting the message.

"I will."

 

~

 

"Hey." Jongup sat down next to Yujin.

"Hey." She smiled shyly.

"Are you nervous?" he asked.

"A little bit." She admitted.

"Just perform like usual and try to have fun."

"I'll try. Thank you."

"No problem." Jongup smiled sheepishly.

 

~

 

"Eun Hee." Youngjae called, approaching the said female.

"Hello Youngjae." Eun Hee smiled.

"Good luck today."

"Thank you."

"What are you doing after the show?"

"We have a fansign. It's the last one as well.."

"When are you free?"

"Why? Do you want to ask me out?" she teased and Youngjae blushed. Eun Hee smiled, finding it cute. Her stomach was filled with butterflies at the thought that he actually wanted to ask her out on a date. It still makes her happy even though it should be normal since they are dating.

"Can I?" Youngjae hesitated.

"Is this the first time you are dating?" Eun Hee teased.

"N.. No!" Youngjae stuttered, waving his hands frantically. "I just.. Want to do well with you."

"You are doing well." She smiled reassuringly. "I would love to go on a date with you. And I love teasing you because you are cute when you panic."

"Yah." He frowned.

"Cute." Eun Hee pinched his cheeks. "I should be free at 18:00, let's meet then."

"O..Okay." he stuttered. Eun Hee chuckled and moved her hands from his face.

"I can't wait for our date."

 

~

 

"Girls, you're up in five minutes." A staff member informed us.

"Are you staying to watch?" I asked Yongguk.

"No. I'm going to leave before your performance." He said sarcastically.

"You're hilarious." I commented in the same way.

"Good luck, babe." He smiled his gummy smile and I smiled as well. I blew him a kiss in the air and followed the girls outside.

The performance went well. We did more aegyo than usual because it's the last performance and the cheers seemed louder. When we were done I smiled brightly and followed the girls to the dressing room. We have to wait until the show ends but at least the boys are here to keep us company.

When we entered the dressing room the boys clapped loudly and I blushed. It was weird but nice at the same time. It's nice to know someone is watching over you and likes what you are doing. It makes everything worth it.

"You did great." Yongguk told me.

"Thank you."

"Let's take a picture with the staff as well!" I heard Yujin's voice and soon everyone gathered. Yongguk was standing next to me but he didn’t touch me in case it'll show in the picture since the girls wanted to upload it online. After that we took a few funny pictures and Yongguk kissed my cheek in one of them, earning a glare from me.

"What?" he asked innocently.

"What if they'll accidentally upload this picture?" I asked.

"They won't."

"I'm going to kill you if something happens." I threatened.

"You are already killing me with this outfit." He smirked.

"Go die somewhere else." I stated, annoyed. I'm not in the mood for his jokes.

Yongguk wanted to say something but a tap on his shoulder stopped him. He turned around and saw Zelo signaling him to follow him outside to the hallway.

"I'll be right back, my love." Yongguk whispered in my ear and followed Zelo outside.

 

~

 

"What's wrong?" Yongguk asked the younger male.

"Hyung, can you be more careful?" Zelo asked, looking everywhere but at Yongguk.

"What do you mean?" Yongguk asked, confused.

"I don’t want you and Hyeri to get caught."

"Are you worried about me or about Hyeri?" Yongguk asked and Zelo bit his lower lip.

"I get it." Yongguk said when Zelo didn't respond.

"It's not like that. I'm just disappointed that you'll think that way of me." Zelo said.

"I know what I'm doing, so don't worry. We won't get caught."

"It doesn't look like that."

"What does that supposed to mean?" Yongguk tried to stay calm. It was unusual for Zelo to go against him and criticize him since the younger male always respected him and tried to follow his footsteps.

"If Hyeri is hurt because of you I won't sit still."

"Junhong." Yongguk took a deep breath. "Stay out of my relationship with Hyeri. I really mean it."

"I am watching." Zelo said and entered the dressing room, leaving Yongguk behind. Yongguk sighed and messed his hair. This was not supposed to happen.

 

~

 

I was checking the notifications on my phone when I felt someone sitting next to me on the couch. His scent told me it was Yongguk. I'll identify him anywhere and anytime.

I turned my attention to Yongguk. He was resting his head on the headrest, his eyes closed. I gently touched his thigh.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Hyeri." He called without opening his eyes or moving.

"What?" I asked worriedly. He didn't look good.. I wonder what he and Zelo talked about.

"Why do you love me?"

"Huh?" I was confused. It's so random. Yongguk opened his eyes and stared at my face.

"Why do you love me?" he repeated the question.

"You make me happy and I feel complete when I'm with you." I replied.

"Other guys can make you happy as well."

"Yongguk." I caressed his cheek. "No one can make me as happy as you. You make me feel things other people don't."

"Like what?"

"Like excitement, butterflies in my stomach, warmth. Should I continue?"

"Tell me you love me." He pleaded.

"Yongguk." I said and moved to sit in his lap. He placed his hands on my lower back to steady me while both of my hands cupped his face. "I love you." I pressed a soft kiss on his lips. "I really love you." I kissed him again, this time my lips lingering longer on his. "I really really love you." I kissed him again. "I don't know what's wrong but you can always talk to me. I'm going to do my best to reassure you and let you know how much you mean to me."

"Babe."

"What?"

"You know that I will never hurt you on purpose, right?"

"Of course I know that." I smiled. "You are incapable of hurting me because you care about me so much."

I saw a smile on his face and I knew he is feeling better.

"I love you." Yongguk said.

"I love you too." I planted a soft kiss on his lips.

"Thank you." He said when I pulled away.

"For what? I didn't do anything." I said and he smiled.

"Should we go on a date?" Yongguk suddenly asked, changing the subject.

"I would love to. What do you want to do on our date?"

"You." He smirked and I was seeing red.

"ert.. Idiot.. Bastard.." I muttered while hitting his head and shoulders. "Don't talk to me like that. I'm not that kind of a person."

"Yah, babe!" Yongguk exclaimed while trying to cover his head and face with his hands so I won't hit him. I was still sitting on top of him so he couldn't run away. "I'm in idol, I need my face!"

"You should have thought about it earlier, you ert!" I hit him again.

"Here we go again.." Youngjae sighed while looking at Yongguk and Hyeri.

"What did he do this time?" Daehyun asked.

"Judging by her reaction, he probably mentioned ." Himchan commented.

"That explains everything." Daehyun said, smiling.

"Well, I think it's cute that she is doing it in her own pace and that she is insisting to wait if she is not comfortable." Jongup commented.

"How long do you think she'll make him wait?" Youngjae asked playfully.

"Two months." Daehyun guessed.

"A year." Jongup commented.

"Half a year maybe?" Himchan pondered. "Although they are making a progress.."

"I think it will be soon." Youngjae commented.

"If it's soon in Yongguk's terms then it's going to take forever." Himchan joked and the boys laughed.

"She might surprise everyone and open up to him sooner.." Daehyun said.

"They are really perfect together." Jongup commented, smiling sheepishly.

"They are." The boys agreed.

Only Zelo was staring at the couple, frowning.

 

~

 

"Honey, I have something for you." Himchan said sweetly.

"What is it?" Sey asked curiously.

"A gift for finishing your promotions well." He smiled.

"In that case, give me the gift in the evening, after we'll finish everything. It is bad luck to give it before it's really over."

"Okay."

 

~

 

The music show has finally ended and we went to our next schedule – A fansign.  B.A.P returned to the company so it was just us. The venue this time was a small theater. Half of the seats were empty, but we tried to stay positive. Every fan is important.

"Hello, we are Peppermint and we are going to refresh your day!" we greeted and the fans clapped and cheered.

"We are really excited today."  Sey started talking. "Since it's the last time we are seeing you.."

"For now!" Yujin quickly added.

"Yes, for now." Sey smiled. "Until we'll have another comeback."

"But you are performing in a concert next week.. I saw it on the fancafe!" Minjae said.

"Really?" Eun Hee asked. All of us looked confused. Why is no one telling us things about our schedules?

"Yes!" the fans said. We looked at Jinu, who just nodded.

"Our company likes surprises so they are always telling us things at the last moment." I explained and everyone laughed.

"If it's like this, we might see you sooner than we thought." Sey smiled.

"But won't they get tired of us if we keep coming out all the time?" Yujin pondered.

"No!" the fans yelled and we chuckled. They are so cute.

"Alright, let's start the fansign?" I offered.

 

~

 

"Is everything okay?" Himchan asked Yongguk and Zelo when they sat in the van. The atmosphere was tensed but nobody dared to ask anything besides Himchan.

"Yes." Yongguk and Zelo answered together.

"I you say so.." Himchan trailed off.

 

~

 

"Hey Minjae." I greeted the girl in front of me.

"Hey Hyeri." She smiled shyly.

"You are following us a lot. Isn't it a lot of money?" I asked while taking her album and photobook.

"It is but I work and provide for myself, so it's fine."

"That's great." I smiled warmly. "I'm happy to see you."

"Me too."

I read her post-it: Hyeri who is getting prettier by the day, tell me something to cheer me up when I'm having a hard time!

"Are you having a hard time recently?" I asked and she nodded. "Cheer up! A good time will come after that." I said and wrote the same sentence on her post-it.

"Thank you."

Minjae moved on and now I met Kyungsoo. "Nice to see you again." I smiled.

"Same here. " he smiled. His question was what I'm going to do after I'll finish promoting. I quickly wrote my reply – Practice.

"I thought you would rest.."

"I thought so too at first but I changed my mind. Now I want to work harder for you."

"I hope you will hit the jackpot in the future."

"Thank you." I smiled. "I hope so too."

 

~

 

"What are you doing?" Daehyun sat next to Jongup in the playroom.

"Playing a game." He replied and pointed at his phone's screen.

"Let's do something."

"Like what?" Jongup asked without removing his eyes from the screen.

 "I don't know." Daehyun admitted. "How about we'll watch a movie?"

"Okay." Jongup agreed and closed the game in his phone.

 

~

 

The fansign has finally ended and we headed back to the company.

"Let's meet tonight?" Yongguk sent me a message.

"Can we postpone it for tomorrow? There is something I need to do today." I replied.

"What are you doing?"

"I'll tell you tomorrow."

"Okay."

Truth is I didn't tell him what I'm going to do because I knew he wouldn't like it. I know I should stay out of his relationship with Zelo, but it was obvious that something was going on between them and I knew it was related to me, so I had to do something. Yongguk might be mad at me but I have to try. I just hope that he'll understand..

 

~

 

"Oppa!" Sey beamed when she saw Himchan.

"Hey." Himchan smiled while his hand sneaked to her waist.

"I officially finished promoting!" she said happily.

"Congratulations!"

"Thank you." Sey smiled.

"Now I can give you my gift." Himchan smiled. "Close your eyes."

Sey obeyed and waited patiently. After a moment she felt Himchan move her hair from her shoulders and something cold touched her neck.

"Open your eyes." Himchan said. "I hope you'll like it."

Sey looked at her neck. It was a silver necklace with a heart pendant. "It's beautiful."

"You are more beautiful." He said and she blushed.

"Thank you."

"I love you, honey. I'm really proud of you."

"I love you."

 

~

 

It was easy to find Zelo in the company. He was dancing in one of the empty practice rooms. I took a deep breath before entering the room. I can't mess up this time.

"Zelo." I called, smiling.

"Hey noona." Zelo stopped dancing and turned the music off.

"Am I interrupting you?" I asked.

"Never." He smiled sheepishly. "What are you doing here?"

"I actually wanted to talk."

"Okay."

"Can you come with me somewhere?"

"Sure. Just let me grab my things."

 

~

 

"Ready to go?" Youngjae asked Eun Hee.

"Yes." She smiled brightly. "Where are we going?"

"Well, we need to keep a low profile, so how about we'll go watch a movie or something? The cinema is dark so people won't see us together."

"Is there a movie you want to watch?" Eun Hee asked.

"We can watch whatever you want."

"Then let's go." She smiled and grabbed his hand. The place didn't really matter as long as she can be with him.

 

~

 

"We're here." I said when me and Zelo reached the park near my dorm. "This is me and Yongguk's secret place. We used to stop here every time he walked me home. We had a lot of conversations here."

"So why did you bring me here?" Zelo asked.

"Because I wanted to talk. And I also wanted to show you this place." I smiled. "Let's go to the swings."

Zelo followed me quietly while I sat on the swing. He sat on the one next to mine, still confused. I started moving my swing slowly.

"You know, you've grown up and matured a lot. You are becoming more and more like a man." I started talking.

"Thanks, noona." He smiled shyly.

"I was watching all of you since you debuted so I can tell how much you've changed through the years. I actually feel like a proud mom watching you and Jongup now even though there are only a few years separating us."

Zelo stayed quiet so I kept talking. "I was always watching B.A.P from afar and you were the reason I tried to be an idol and auditioned to TS. When I actually met you in person I fell for you even harder because I realized how amazing all of you are. I'm really grateful for meeting you. I don't really have friends so B.A.P and the girls are the only people I'm close to.. And maybe Narae as well."

"I'm happy to meet you as well." he said.

"But from the beginning there was something different with Yongguk. When I first saw him it felt different. He always caught my attention no matter how much I tried to focus on all of you. If I wanted to protect all of you, it was a hundred times stronger with him. While I admired you, he was, and still is, my role model and someone I really look up to. When we met in person I realized how much people from outside don't know about him, including me that always saw him from the fan's point of view. After meeting him, my love and admiration for him just grew bigger and stronger. I didn't think I'll fall in love with him but it happened. Even then I didn't think he will like me back, but it happened as well. He is.. Perfect. I don't know how to explain this since you never dated but it's like I'm drown to him no matter how much I try to stay away. He is turning me into a better person and I'm really happy around him. I guess that what I'm trying to say is that he was always special for me and it's not going to change. I care a lot about all of you because you are like a family to me."

"Why do I feel like I'm getting dumped?" Zelo asked bitterly and I chuckled.

"It's not like that. Even though he is important to me, you are more important to him. You and the boys are like a second family to Yongguk. Even if he cares about me, I'm ranked lower than you and that's how it's supposed to be. I don't have any intention to get in between you because all of you are important to me and I know how much you mean to each other. As much as I want Yongguk to be mine, I know I'm sharing him with you and the fans as well and I'm not going to change it. I know you might be mad at him at the moment, but you are always his first priority, and you are my priority as well. I just hope that I can make Yongguk a little happier and more relaxed because he has a lot of weight on his shoulders."

"You are part of his family as well." Zelo said, moving his swing.

"Not yet." I shook my head.

"You make Yongguk happy and I'm glad that you are dating because you complete each other and you are helping each other a lot. Yongguk is a lot happier since meeting you and he seems to be helping you a lot as well, even if you are fighting and arguing from time to time. I just don't like the fact that he thought that I'm capable of hitting on you when I know you are dating. I'm not the type to come in between people or betray my friends and Yongguk should have known that."

"He knows that." I assured Zelo. "Yongguk is just overprotective when it comes to me because of some things that happened in the past. He didn't mean anything bad, he is just trying to protect me and he has his insecurities as well. I'm sorry that it sounded like he is questioning you, but it's not like that. He wants to set a good example for you and the boys and he always tell me how much you've grown and improved. He talks about you like a proud father watching his son and you can see that every time he looks at you."

"I know."

"Today after you talked he asked me why I like him." I said. I knew I was revealing something personal about Yongguk but I felt like I had to do it.

"He did?" Zelo looked surprised.

"Yes. He started questioning himself after the conversation with you. He might not show it, but your opinion matters a lot to him."

"I know." He sighed. "I want to grow up well so he could trust me and rely on me more."

"You are already that kind of person to him."

"Not yet. Just like you have to work harder in order to become his family, I need to work harder in order to become a role model for others and support the person who supported me the most. Right now Yongguk has Himchan hyung that is supporting him and I'm grateful for that."

"Himchan is amazing." I smiled. "I'm grateful for him as well. He keeps Yongguk sane while I drive him crazy."

Zelo chuckled. "But it's a good kind of crazy, don’t you think?"

"Probably."

"Hyeri."

"What?"

"Thank you."

"For what? I didn't do anything."

"For everything." Zelo smiled shyly. "It's late.. I should walk you home."

 

~

 

The cinema was dark, as expected. It was hard to recognize the people in the crowd because of the dim lighting but Daehyun and Jongup managed to find two familiar figures sitting in the row in front of them. Both of them smirked and high-fived each other. This is going to be interesting.

Youngjae and Eun Hee were enjoying their date. They shared the popcorn they bought and held hands since they sat down in their seats. Everything was going well and Youngjae felt comfortable enough to try and make a move. He discretely moved his arm, placing it on Eun hee's shoulders. When Eun Hee didn't react Youngjae smiled to himself, happy that his plan succeeded.

"Way to go, hyung." Jongup's voice was heard from behind them. Both Youngjae and Eun Hee panicked and turned their head to look at Jongup.

"Hey guys." Jongup smiled innocently.

"Hey." Daehyun waved his hand, smiling as well.

"What are you doing here?" Youngjae hissed under his breath.

"We were bored so we came to watch a movie." Daehyun explained.

"And it's coincidentally the movie we were watching?" Youngjae questioned. It's too weird to be a mere coincidence.

"Yes." Jongup smiled sheepishly. "How is your date going?"

"It was going well until you appeared." Youngjae muttered.

 "You can still have your precious date.. Just ignore us." Daehyun said.

"Youngjae." Eun Hee called softly and the said male turned his attention to her. "Don't be mean to them.. It might really be a coincidence."

"See?!" Daehyun exclaimed happily. "Your girl is smart."

"Shut it." Youngjae frowned.

"Can you please stop arguing? The movie is about to start." Eun Hee asked.

"Sure." Youngjae sighed and turned his attention to the screen that now showed commercials. The date and the movie suddenly seemed less exciting under the watching eyes of his group members.

 

~

 

"We are almost there." I said while Zelo walked me home.

"Yeah.." Zelo mumbled.

"Guys!" I heard Yongguk's voice. He was standing outside my building.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. I clearly told him I'm busy tonight, so he wasn't supposed to be here. Not that I mind seeing him, it's just surprising.

"I wanted to surprise you but I guess you had a good company.." Yongguk said and looked at Zelo.

"Hyung, buy me drinks." Zelo asked, smiling.

"Why?" Yongguk was taken aback. Zelo is not the one to drink much because he doesn’t like the taste of alcohol.

"I just got dumped." He said and looked at me. I felt embarrassed. Now Yongguk was looking at me as well and I felt even more uncomfortable.

"It's not like that.." I mumbled, flustered.

"But she is dating a really good guy so I'm happy. If I'm going to lose, I prefer losing this way." Zelo added and I was relieved. Yongguk smiled as well.

"Alright. I'll but you whatever you want since it's the first time you got dumped." Yongguk said and patted Zelo's back. "Let's go."

"Yah!" I called before they left.

"What?" Yongguk asked.

"You came here for me but you are just leaving like this?" I pouted.

"Zelo needs me." He shrugged.

"Then at least give me a goodnight kiss, you idiot!" I exclaimed and Zelo laughed.

"Did you miss me that much?" Yongguk teased, smirking.

"Forget it. Just go." I crossed my hands over my chest, annoyed.

"You should really control your temper, my love." Yongguk said while wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I thought you love my temper?" I asked, still not hugging him back.

"I am, but not when it's turned against me." He smiled slyly and I hit his chest.

"Just go already."

"I will, in a bit. Let's stay like this a little longer."

"Yongguk.." I growled.

Yongguk chuckled and kissed my forehead. "Good night, my love. I'll text you when I'll get home."

"Okay." I said and he released his grip on me and made his way towards Zelo. "Both of you, don't drink too much."

"Babe, you know I have high alcohol tolerance so you don’t have to worry about me." Yongguk smiled.

"Who said I was worried about you? I was worried about Zelo." I exclaimed and Yongguk frowned. Ha. Serves him right for teasing me earlier.

"Hyeri." Yonguk said in a low voice.

"Yes?" I asked, smirking. I knew I had the upper hand this time.

"Take it back."

"No. I'm not worried about you because I know you can take care of yourself and you won't get drunk. Just make sure Zelo is not drinking too much." I explained and I hoped it will pacify him.

"Okay." Yongguk smiled.

"Great." I smiled.

"Let's go, kiddoh." He told Zelo and both of them left. Zelo waved me goodbye and I waved back as his figure became smaller. I watched them fading from my sight, happy that everything seems to be solved. I just hope that things will stay that way..

 


 

Author's Note:

 

I hope you liked this chapter.

Next chapter is going to be more interesting :)

 

Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, etc.

 

M.