Chapter 12

Masks

I woke up in a good mood. After all, it was the first day of the new year, and new year means new beginnings and new experiences.

I got out of bed and started getting ready for practice. We had a company meeting at lunch, but beside that everything was normal, or at least almost normal.

I didn't see Yongguk since that day, and I tried to avoid the other guys as well. It was hard since they wanted to talk to me, but I always told them I need to practice and ran away. When I did saw Yongguk I just glared at him and continued doing whatever I did.

 

At lunch all of us gathered in the conference room, including the trainees, the staff and B.A.P. When B.A.P walked in I stared blankly at the table in front of me.

Zelo came and sat in the free sit next to me, nudging my arm.

"What?" I looked at him.

"How are you?" He asked innocently, and it made me smile. I can't be mad at him for long even if I wanted to, and it's not like I have problems with him, it's mainly with Yongguk.

"Good. How are you doing?" I smiled.

"Great. I didn't see you for a while.." He pouted.

"I'm sorry, I was busy."

"It's ok." He smiled. "Just promise you'll come to visit us."

"With food!" Daehyun stood between Zelo and me.

"Deal." I laughed.

"Hmm" I heard Yongguk's voice. He didn't say anything, but he glared at me furiously.

"Is everyone here?" The CEO asked, glancing at the people gathered in the room. It forced Yongguk to go back to his seat, but he still shot unsatisfied glances at me.

"Yes." Jinu answered after looking around as well, counting the people.

"Then we can start." The CEO smiled and went to his place in the head of the table, near the computer and the slide projector.

In the meantime, Jinu and some other staff gave everyone a glass of drink to make a toast.

"First of all, I want to make a toast and wish everyone here a successesfull year. Let's make it an amazing year!" He said and lifted his glass, and we did the same.

I hope this year will be successeful and better than the previous one.

The CEO started talking about the company achievements in the passing year, and afterwards he started to talk about the plans for the new year.

"First of all, B.A.P is working on a new album right now, so they are our first priority and the first thing we will focus on. After they finish it we will focus on individual activities for them and maybe another album during the year. Beside that, we want the girls to start practicing together." The CEO stopped talking and looked at us, examing our reactions. "From now on you act like a group and you practice together. After we finish this meeing, Jinu will give you the list and the schedules for the upcoming weeks and he will explain everything to you. As for the male trainees, keep practicing like you did until now. Any questions?" The CEO finished his speech.

"I have a question." Sumi lifted her hand.

"Yes, Sumi?" The CEO asked.

"Does that mean wer'e debuting this year?" Sumi asked what all of us wanted to know.

"It depend on your progress, but our plan is indeed debuting you this year. The date depends on you, so the better you are the faster you debut." Excitement rushed over all five of us. It's starting to feel real.

"Does that mean all five of us are one group? There is no way to change it?"

"No, and that's final. The only way to change it is either someone quit or someone get kicked out. Anyhting else?" The CEO asked and everyone stayed quiet. "Great. Your'e free to go. Girls, stay here with Jinu because you need to go over some stuff."

We stayed in our places while everyone else stood up and went out of the room. The boys gave me warm smiles on their way out, and it made me feel better. This year is definitely starting well.

"Yuck. I can't believe I need to tolerate you for the rest of my career.." Sumi said to me with a disgusted face.

"Your'e free to leave if you don't like it." I sweetly smiled at her. She is not going to ruin this for me.

"You wish.. But I'll guess we'll see who will leave in the end.. There is only place for one of us."

"Whatever.." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Girls.." Jinu said while sitting in front of us with a bunch of papers in his hand. We all looked at him nervously and excited.

"Here is your new schedules and the list of things you need to work on." Jinu said while handing us some papers. "The first couple of weeks is just dance routines and ballads because we want to see how you fit together vocally and how you dance as a group since we never saw you together. After that you'll do covers according to the list. It will be singing while dancing, wer'e not seperating it anymore. We chose different generes in purpose to see what fit you the best and because we want to try and find your own style. Is everything clear until now?"

"Yes." All of us said.

"Good. You can go rest for the rest of the day, wer'e starting tomorrow. And I want to remind you that you can still get kicked out if you mess up, especially some of you." He said while looking at me. I lowered my gaze in emberessment. "The date of your debut is uncertain and your'e only beginning you journey there, so take that in consideration. Wer'e not promising to debut you this year if your'e not doing well. Now go rest, becuase from tomorrow sleep is only a luxury."

"Thank you." We said and all of us rushed out of the room happily.

 

"It's so good to have the day off to ourselves.. It's rarely happens." Eun Hee said smiling while we went outside the building.

"Do you guys want to go have some lunch or something? To celebrate our new beginning as a group?" Sey asked happily.

"I'll pass." Sumi said.

"Don't be a party pooper.." Yujin said. "Come on, it will be fun.." She nudged her arm.

"Fine." Sumi sighed.

"Then let's go!" Eun Hee beamed.

We went to a nearby restaurant and sat at a table in the corner of the restaurant. The place was quite empty because it was slightly after the rush hour.

 

"Hey pretty ladies" A tall guy came to us while we were eating. We looked at him surprised.

"Can I join you for a while?" He asked when we didn't respond.

"No." Sumi said dryly.

"Your'e mean.. But I like it." He smiled, making us roll our eyes. "Listen, pretty ladies, I'm here with my friends.." He said and pointed at another table, where another four guys was sitting and looking at us curiously. "And we thought that we can hang out a little together.. What do you say?"

"Get lost." Sumi said. For once her bad attitude was useful.

"Do you know who we are?" He tried to look offended.

"You can be the president of the United States as far as I care, we don't give a damn, so if you don't want us to scream and turn you into a ual offender, get lost." Sumi threatened. The poor guy doesn't know what he is getting into if he is on her wrong side, but he kind of deserved it.

"Your bad mouth will get you into trouble some day.."

"That's not your business."

"We have a lot of influence, so you better watch your mouth."

"And you are..?" Eun Hee finally asked.

"Wer'e famous idols." He said proudly, and all of us laughed. He looked good, but if he were famous we would have probably known him.

"Famous my .." Sumi mumbled.

"Are you sure your'e famous? What did you say your group name is?" Sey asked, trying not to laugh.

"RED." He said and all of us looked at each other confused. That didn't sound familiar at all.

"Wait, aren't they that talentless rookie group?" Yujin asked, ignoring the guy's furious glares at her.

"Which one?" I asked.

"The one with the ABC song." She answered.

"Oh wait, I know this one! It's so bad.." Sey said.

"Hmm" The tall guy reminded us that he is still there.

"Ah sorry.. So your'e part of that group?" Eun Hee asked smiling.

"That's the Tarazan group's song, not ours." He said dryly.

"So who are you?" Sumi asked, trying not to laugh as well.

"The one's with the Big Shot song." We still didn't have any clue as to who he is because that didn't sound familiar either.

"Look, we have no idea who you are, so saying your'e famous and have a lot of influence is a strech. Don't be too full of yourself, it can get you in trouble some day." Sumi said innocently, imitating his words.

"Hyung, what's up?" Another guy joined us, a blonde handsome one.

"Nothing." The tall guy said.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Dong Soo" The blonde guy introduced himself and smiled warmly at us.

"Nice to meet you" I smiled as well. He seems nice, unlike the tall guy who was rude and full of himself.

"Did he bug you too much? I'm sorry."

"That's fine, but can you please take him away? We want to eat peacefully and he is disturbing us." Sumi said.

"Yes.. Sure." Dong Soo scrathed the back of his head, embarassed from Sumi's straightforwardness. "I'm sorry he bothered you."

"I'm sorry, she is too direct sometimes." I apologized. Sumi was too mean to the poor guy who was just trying to help. "But you should be more careful in the future if your'e idols. he can hurt your image if he'll contine to be this rude.. And good luck with your song." I smiled warmly at him.

"yes.. Thank you, and I'm sorry again." Dong Soo smiled and dragged the tall guy to their table.

 

"What was that about?" Yujin asked when the two guys left, can't control her laughter anymore.

"I have no idea.." Sey said, laughing as well.

"So full of himself." Eun Hee said.

"But Sumi did a good job at answering him.." I said and smiled at her. She gave me an annoyed look.

"I don't need your compliments and I didn't do it for you.." She shooted.

"Fine, I was just trying to compliment you, but you don't have to be so mean.." I trailed off.

"But you were too mean to him part of the time.." Yujin said to Sumi.

"He deserved it." Sumi shrugged.

"Do you think that they are actual idols?" I asked.

"Let's check." Sey said and took out her phone, checking the internet.

"Well, according to this site, they are from Whitelie Entertainment and they debuted three months ago." Sey said after a few minutes of fiddling with her cellphone.

"They debuted three months ago and he is this cocky? What's wrong with him?" Sumi scoffed.

"Let's not be like this, no matter how popular we get.." I said.

"Deal." Sey said smiling, and the rest agreed.

"Is their song any good?" Eun Hee asked.

"Let's find out." Sey said smiling and pushed the play button.

"Let's make good songs, not like this.." Yujin said after the song ended.

"Give them a break, it's their debut song.." I tried to defend them. "But let's do better than this."

"Let's make a toast for our new beginning.." Sey offered and lifted her glass a bit.

"And for debuting faster.." Sumi added and added her own glass.

"And for making good music.." Eun Hee added.

"And for staying humble and not being cocky like some other idols.." Yujin added.

"And for having fun." I added the last glass to the bunch, and the girls nodded in agreement.

"Cheers!"

 


 

 

Author's Note:

 

I didn't refer to any existing kpop group\song, so if there is an actual groups\songs like this it's just a coincidence. I tried to choose fictionary names, but mistakes can happen..

But, there is a chance that I'll use some actual idols in the future for certain stuff :)

 

Thanks for reading :)

 

M.