FOURTY EIGHT

Until I Met You

 

Ha Na was hurt by Joon's words. She tried to make it seem like it wasn't affecting her but he was really being heartless about the whole situation. 

 

"It's yours!" Ha Na shrieked. Her eyes were watery. All her efforts in holding it together where becoming useless.

 

Joon sighed heavily. "There is no way I will accept it." 

 

"Why are you being like this Joon!?" 

 

Joon grabbed Ha Na's arms with both of his and held her tightly. "Ji Hoon you. There is a chance that it could be his…" Joon tightened the grip on her arms. "Get rid of it Ha Na." 

 

Ha Na's eyes widened. She shook her head violently. 

Joon blinked and furrowed his eyebrows. He couldn't understand why Ha Na wanted to keep the baby. 

 

"I'm not. I won't do it…you are the father Joon…how could I kill our own baby…" Ha Na held on to his arm. 

 

"Don't call it ours.." he saw Ha Na's face and didn't care that she was on the verge of loosing it. "…if you refuse to destroy it," Joon looked uncertain but continued. "Don't come near me again." 

 

He turned away and left. 

Ha Na was lost for words. How could he do this to her? She never thought Joon would react this way. 

 

Her best friend had left her. Her parents were dead. The man she loved was making her give up her baby or he would leave her. 

 

She looked straight ahead of her, watching as Joon took every step away from her. She was use to people leaving her but it was different this time. She loved Joon with all her heart. She never felt this way about anyone before. He had filled every empty space in her heart. 

But now…

 She felt her heart slowly ripping apart.

 

"Ani…ani…" Ha Na whispered. 

 

She fell on her knees and cried. Everyone around her looked at her but no one did anything to help her.

 

 

                                      *******

 

As soon as Joon got to his house he became violent. He grabbed a flower vase and threw it to the floor. The vase broke into a million pieces. He didn't stop. He threw everything in his path. 

 

Joon was so frustrated he couldn't hold it in anymore. He let out a loud a rough scream. 

 

 

******

 

"Hyung???" Thunder was beside me as I opened my eyes. I couldn't see clearly at first but my eyes adjusted after a while. "Noona! He's awake!" 

 

My head hurt so bad. This kid…yelling so carelessly. 

 

"Hyung are you okay????" Thunder asked. Sandara pushed him out of the way and she too began to ask me the same thing.

 

"I'm fine." I tried to sit up. Sandara helped me and sat beside me. 

"How are you feeling?" she was concerned. Exactly how long was I out for? 

 

"I said I was fine. Don't worry Dara." I smiled. "Why am I even here?"

 

Sandara and Thunder gave each other worried looks. "You don't remember?" Thunder asked.

 

I thought back. The last thing I remembered was being at the restaurant with my employees and seeing Ha Na and Joon…

 

"Ahh!" I got a sharp pain in my head. 

 

"Oppa don't think to hard! It's okay" Sandara hugged me close. 

That's right. Joon got so angry and we got into a fight…

 

I looked down at my body and realized the state i was in. 

"You have broken ribs…so is your arm. If it wasn't for Kim Yoon Jae, you would of bled to death." 

 

That name…

"Who did you say?" 

 

"Kim Yoon Jae…do you know him?" 

 

Joon's father helped me? No that couldn't be right.

"Thunder…where's Joon?" 

 

"He was here a while ago but he was here for something else…I don't know why--"

 

"He was?" 

Why would Joon be at the hospital? Did something happen to Ha Na??

Was she hurt that day?? 

 

"What about Ha Na Choi?" 

Sandara was the one that answered that question. "That girl…she is probably off somewhere laughing about all of this." 

 

"What are you talking about?" 

 

"Why would you still care about a girl like that!? If it wasn't for her, you and Joon oppa wouldn't be fighting like this!" 

 

I was silent for a while. "You're wrong." 

Sandara gasped. "Joon and I…after he lost his memories of me, everything changed. Even back then we where already destined to be like this." 

 

Sandara shook her head. She refused to believe so. "A little sibling rivalry is normal…hating your sibling when your young is normal…being jealous of him is normal!" 

 

"Sandara." I tried to calm her down but she just kept going at it.

"No! Joon is not a bad person…"

 

"The Joon you know and the Joon ! knew are different. You were young when the accident happened. You don't know how he was before." I refused to let my emotions get to me. 

All the good memories I had of Joon were quickly replaced by the bad ones. 

 

"He will remember one day…in the meantime don't hurt him Ji Hoon…he isn't thinking straight" Sandara begged me.

 

"Why are you clinging on to a man that doesn't love you? That would betray you as soon as he got the chance to? Someone that would turn you over for Ha Na any day?" 

 

Sandara looked shocked to hear all of this from me. She bit her lip. 

Her face changed to a scary one. "Because there will be a day when not even Choi Ha Na will be able to handle Joon." she spoke so confidently. I narrowed my eyes. 

"That little thing doesn't know anything about him. Once he shows her his true self she will be scared…

Her stupid naive little brain doesn't understand now but she will soon come to know what it means to love Lee Joon." 

 

 

 

*****

 

Ha Na had no place to go. It was late at night and she was still walking around. She was exhausted and sleepy.

 

"Agasshi? What are you doing walking around so late at night?" an old ahjummha came up to Ha Na. 

Ha Na couldn't say anything. What was she to say? 

 

"Are you okay?" the old women asked. She took a hold of Ha Na. As soon as her hands made contact with her shoulder, Ha Na let out a tear. 

"My dear child…what is the matter?" 

 

"I…I" she couldn't even speak. 

"come here baby" the ahjumma took Ha Na's hand and led her inside her house. She motioned her to sit on a chair and touched her forehead to see if she had a fever. 

"Oh my, you are burning up" she was worried. 

 

"Gwenchanayo~" Ha Na tried to stand up and leave but the ahjumma held her down and insisted she didn't move. Ha Na was too weak to do anything and nodded. 

 

 

That night, the ahujumma helped Ha Na get through her fever. She had fallen asleep and when she woke up, she was surprised to see that the women was sleeping on a chair next to her bed. She looked really tired but insisted to be with her. Ha Na's eyes filled with tears. She didn't even know her yet she did everything she could to help her.

 

Ha Na was eternally grateful for the ahjumma. If it wasn't for her she would have had to sleep on the streets. 

 

"How are you feeling my child?"

 

Ha Na said, "I'm feeling better. Kamsahamnida ahjumma." 

 

The ahjumma smiled and let out a sigh of relief. It was quickly replaced with a concernd look. "What were doing out so late at night? Your family must be worried sick of you." 

 

Ha Na half smiled. It was a sad smile filled with pain. "No one is waiting for me ahjumma…I'm alone." 

 

"Aigoo~ you poor thing!" 

Ha Na smiled and bowed. "It's okay. I can manage by myself now…thank you for all your help ahjumma." 

 

The ahjumma grabbed Ha Na's hand to stop her. Ha Na turned to look at the old women. "If you don't have a place to stay…stay with me." she offered. 

 

"I can't do that! It's fine really!" Ha Na shook her hands and laughed nervously.

 

"Are..you pregnant?" 

Ha Na's eyes widened. How did she know?? 

 

She nodded. "You don't have to concern yourself about me anymore…" 

 

The ahjumma understood how lonely Ha Na was. When Ha Na told her that she didn't have anyone, she assumed that the baby's father was gone. She understood how Ha Na must be feeling as she too was pregnant at a young age and abandoned by the man she loved. 

 

"This is your home child. If you leave now, remember that you can always come back."