FOURTY TWO

Until I Met You

 

KIM YOON JAE POV:

 

Ji Hoon had asked me to meet him at his company. 

The whole trip to Korea, I couldn't help but think about what he wanted to talk to me about. Was it about Joon? It had been a while since I had last heard about Joon in the paper. After I received the news about Min Jae's death, the only think I had heard was that Joon had been sent to the hospital because of Ji Hoon. It was all speculation though. 

 

"We are here, President Kim." my secretary woke me up when the plane had arrived. I nodded and followed him out. I wasn't expecting there to be so many reporters outside. 

 

"President Kim, what is your business in Korea!?" they asked.

 

Glory was known outside of Japan, that was for sure. I felt proud of my company. 

 

Secretary Matsumoto told me to ignore them and he walked me to the car. The reporters kept taking pictures and asking questions but I felt like my business in Korea should not be known. They would come up with assumptions that I clearly wanted to avoid.

 

"Where to first?" Matsumoto asked. 

"Boosung." 

 

JI HOON POV: 

 

"Who?! Did you say Kim Yoon Jae is here..??"

I walked out of my office. Oh was in complete shock to hear that Kim Yoon Jae had come to Boosung. 

I stood there, watching him. He knew who Kim Yoon Jae was. He knew all too well that before he and my father where great friends. 

When Oh saw me standing in front of him, he looked even more shocked than before. He didn't know I had asked him to come. 

"Tell him to come up." I said and walked back to my office. 

"But President…are you…do you know--" He was so baffeled couldn't even talk. 

"Didn't you hear me? Do as I told you! If you don't I'll throw your out of this company.

Don't ever question what I tell you to do. Do you hear me?!" I yelled.

Oh nodded. 

 

I closed the door behind me and went to get a drink. That bastard was useless. Why did father even keep him around?

I shook the thought away and focused on Kim Yoon Jae.

 

*******

 

Kim Yoon Jae entered the room, and stopped when he saw Ji Hoon. The boy he was knew had grown into a fine young man. He looked just like his mother. 

"Welcome to Korea, Kim Yoon Jae-ssi." Ji Hoon extended his hand to shake with Yoon Jae but he only laughed and said, "We aren't strangers Ji Hoon-ah. No need for formalities." 

"Right." Ji Hoon half smiled and invited Yoon Jae to sit. 

"Would you like a drink?" he offered.

Yoon Jae raised a brow.

"What? You don't drink?" Ji Hoon took a sip of his glass. 

"You have grown up…you are very different from the Ji Hoon I knew back then." 

"You only met me a few times. I haven't changed. I am still the same." he laughed and chugged his drink. 

"To think that you were going to be the next President of this huge company…I am surprised." Yoon Jae said. 

"Are you surprised it's me and not Joon?"

Ji Hoon said unexpectedly. Yoon Jae wasn't expecting Ji Hoon to bring up Joon so quick and definatley not in that manner.

"Isn't it to be expected? I mean, I am Lee Min Jae's first born son. Joon isn't even his…there was no chance that he would ever sit in that chair." he pointed at his desk chair.

Yoon Jae narrowed his eyes at Ji Hoon. 

"You know?"

"Ofcourse! I knew a long time ago." he smiled evilly at Yoon Jae and poured himself more alcohol. 

"How?" he raised a brow. Curious but at the same time terrified for what he was about to say. 

"Well let's see…I was seven, and Joonie was five. We heard our parents argueing-…oh right," he was getting tipsy. He hit his forehead lightly in a 'duh' manner. "My father and our mother. She was telling my father how he should accept Joon as his son..he didn't want to and insulted him right in front of him. He didn't know we where there ofcourse. But Joon heard all of it." he sighed, "Joon worshiped my father...he always wanted to please him. That little fool." he laughed. "Apparently it was too much of a shock to our Joonie and he collapsed." he stopped to see Yoon Jae's reaction. He smirked when he saw his face, full of worry and sadness.

"He lost his memory after that." 

Yoon Jae raised his head to look at Ji Hoon with pure disbelief. 

"Lost his memories..?" he could hardly believe it.

"Young Rang didn't tell you?" 

He shook his head.

"The truth is that, Joon use to be such a good kid back then. But then he lost his memories and he forgot about his hyung…and his friends. He became cold and would never leave the house. He changed after that incident. Even now, your son…hates everything…including you."

Yoon Jae gasped.

"But..he doesn't know who I am…right?" Yoon Jae looked so broken. Ji Hoon was getting a kick out of this.

He loved seeing the man that broke his family like this. To him, he thought his father would be proud of him for doing this.

"He knows exactly who you are." 

"How?"

"The night my father died and our house burned down…do you know who did those things? The night I was about to show Korea I was worthy of becoming my father's successor…that day, your son ruined it all. He couldn't stand that I was at the best of my life. He ruined the piano that I was going to play. His jealously almost ruined my career. My father…" he chuckled but was clearly annoyed,"..he got so angry at Joon and he told him about your existence. That you were his father.."

"How could Min Jae…" Yoon Jae whisperd. He was very shocked to hear this. As soon as Ji Hoon heard him he stood up angry, and yelled, "How could he what!? You have no right to judge my father for what he did! Your bastard son went back home that night and burnt down our house. MY HOUSE…MY FATHER'S HOUSE! But that's not all he did…" 

Yoon Jae was thrown aback at Ji Hoon's outburst. "He…killed my father."

Yoon Jae's eyes widened.

 

 

LEE JOON'S POV:

 

I smiled at the thought of yesterday. Ha Na had decided to stay over at my place and it felt nice to hold her in my arms, knowing that she was safe while she slept so peacefully.

I had left her this morning to do what I didn't finish yesterday. I was going to confront Ji Hoon. 

 

When I got to the company everyone greeted me in horror. I hadn't stepped in this company for a very long time. They had forgotten about me, that was for sure. The sight of me return to this place made everyone feel uneasy. My appearance had changed, I didn't blame them if they thought I looked scary. (He had grown out his hair longer (jet back) & wore black eyeliner).

 

(like this just ignore Seungho and picture him with a suit  lol <3 ) 

 

I didn't even check in at the front desk. The receptionist didn't even dare to stop me when I walked into the elevator.

When the elevator's door opened, Ji Hoon's secretary was standing right in front of me.

He looked surprised to see me. "Master Joon?" 

I only glance at him and continued walking. 

"Yo-you are going to visit Ji Hoon??" he stutterd.

"So what if I am?" I asked annoyed. Even though he helped me find Ha Na, I found this guy to be extremely annoying.

"Master Joon you can't..! Not now.." he looked very worried.

"I don't care what he's doing. I am going to beat his sorry ." I struggled Oh's hand away from me and continued walking to Ji Hoon's office.

"You really can't go! Please listen to me for once!" he stopped walking when he saw that I wasn't listing to him. "Please just this once.." he whispered the last part. 

What was he trying to keep me from? It made me even curious to see what that bastard was up to.

 

I finally made it to Ji Hoon's office and stopped when I heard him talking to someone.

"The night my father died and our house burned down…do you know who did those things? The night I was about to show Korea I was worthy of becoming my father's successor…that day, your son ruined it all. He couldn't stand that I was at the best of my life. He ruined the piano that I was going to play. His jealously almost ruined my career. My father…" he let out a frustrated laugh. "..he got so angry at Joon and he told him about your existence. That you were his father.."

he talking about me…? 

 

"How could Min Jae…" the man whispered.Ji Hoon stood up angry, and yelled, "How could he what!? You have no right to judge my father for what he did! Your bastard son went back home that night and burnt down our house. MY HOUSE…MY FATHER'S HOUSE! But that's not all he did…

He…killed my father."

 

I froze. What was going on here?

Ji Hoon was telling this man about all this…

Why?

Could it be that…this man was,

Kim Yoon Jae?

my birth father...??