TWENTY TWO

Until I Met You

KIM CHANGSUN

 

"Joon.." he said my name. 

"That is no longer who I am, Ji Hoon. I would appreciate it if you didn't go around calling me by that name." I hissed. Ji Hoon leaned on the wall with me and lit a cigarette. He didn't say anything.

"Just what are you and Ha Na planning? Is this why you wanted me to play tonight? To humiliate me?!"

"What are you talking about?"

"You....know exactly what i am talking about!" I was pissed.

"She invited you to play. She gave you the chance to pick whatever piece you wanted. It isn't her fault. You just lack talent" Ji Hoon said. Those words triggered me.

"What did you say to me!?" I grabbed his shirt collar. He looked at me dead in the eyes. 

"Why don't you answer me this. Why are you really here? Why go through the trouble of changing your entire identity?" he asked. Like he didn't know.

"You still have to ask? I am here to take what's rightfully mine." I thought back on last night when I talked with Rin about my goals. Even if I was no longer going to avenge Ha Na, there was something else I wanted. To take over Boosung. 

"You don't intend to take Boosung with that lousy talent of yours do you? Don't you get it Joon? I am son of Lee Min Jae and Lee Young Rang. Both of them were piano legends. I have both thier blood running through my veins. You only have half. I will always be superiour to you...don't forget that."

Those words hurt. "So....you think you have it made?" I scoffed. "There is one thing you have againist you" 

Ji Hoon laughed. "What is that?" 

"Do you remember the crime you committed 5 years ago…?" I raised a brow.

"I didn't do anything." he was mad. "You did that to yourself! I thought you really had died! Do you know how worried I was?" 

"Don't make me laugh." I scoffed. I was tired of him pretending that he cared about me. 

"Why did you make it seem like I murdered you?" 

"You don't understand? I knew you would be able to get away with it…so I only did that to taint your image. People still remember that incident…and they always will. Am I wrong? How hard has it been to escape that Ji Hoon-ah?" I smiled. "It will be alot easier to bring you down. I've already set your grave." 

Ji Hoon was disgusted.

"Does Kim Yoon Jae agree with your ambitions?" he raised a brow and crossed his arms. 

"It doesn't matter what he thinks." 

"But he gave you everything he had. He must have ambitions of his own. What are they?" he questioned. I smirked. "What do you care? Instead of trying to figure out what I am up to you should watch your back. Just because Jung Ri An is on your side right now doesn't save you from your destiny. Don't get too comfortable Ji Hoon." I warned. 

 

 

LEE JI HOON

 

"Honey!" Both of us turned to see Tae Hee calling out for me. She was falling over on her way over. 

"Ah, you are still here.." 

Tae Hee seemed awkward with Joon. "Yes, I was waiting for you. Should we leave home now? I am sooo tired." 

"Yes, you should wait for me in the car." I told her. I still had unfinished business with Joon. She shook her head and grabbed on to my arm. "I am a little drunk…" she whispered in my ear. I closed my eyes and sighed, annoyed. "Very well. Let's go." she held on to me and she excused herself in front of Joon. "It was such an amazing night. I hope we get to see each other soon Mr. Kim" she laughed. I raised a brow and looked at Joon and he smirked. 

 

 

KIM CHANGSUN 
 

"Where are you Rin?" I whispered to myself while I scanned the room for her. I wanted to get out of here and go home.

"Mr. Kim" 

It was her. Jung Rian.

"What can I do for you Miss Jung?" I said rudely. I had enough of her for today. I was still extremely pissed off. I didn't care if she was Ha Na. 

"I just wanted to compliment you on your piece tonight." she smiled. I took out a cigarette and lit it. I shrugged. 

Rian looked curiously at me. 

"This was all part of your plan wasn't it?" I said not looking at her. 

"What do you mean??" she asked innocently. I scoffed. 

"I am impressed with your talent though. I never thought a person like you could play like that" I said, ignoring her question. 

"A person like me?" she sounded offended. 

"Is there a problem? I'm only stating the facts. You were never good back then. You must of gone to a really good music school." 

"You talk as if you know me" 

"I do." I looked at her. Her eyebrows furrowed. 

I dropped my cigarette and put it out with my shoe. "I know all about you. You see Ha Na...you don't scare me. You might look different now, but deep inside you are still the same insecure girl I met long ago. You plan things such as this to 'humiliate' me but in reality the one that ends up humiliated is always you." I leaned down so I could be at eye level with her. She looked on the verge of tears. Her eyes were red. "I have been humiliated my entire life. This does nothing to me. Stop this at once before you hurt yourself. I don't want you to end up worst than you are now."

"You don't know me at all." was her response. I backed away from her and nodded. 

"Consider yourself warned." I said. When I turned around to go back into the building, Rin was standing there. She had heard everything. 

I went over to her and grabbed her hand. "Let's go Rin." She nodded. 

 

Jung Rian was left standing by herself. 

 

 

 

RIN 

 

"Are you okay?" I asked him as we drove home. 

"Why wouldn't I be Rin?" he smiled. "I had a great time tonight." 

I wasn't convinced. After his performance I didn't see him. Then there was that conversation he had with Jung Rian outside. I heard all of it. 

"I'm sorry for leaving you all alone tonight." he aplogized. I shook my head. "No! It's okay...I know you were busy. I also had a great time!" 

He smiled and took my hand. 

"Did you meet any potential young men we should tell Kim Yoon Jae about?" he mocked. 

"Changsun...that's not funny." I bit my lip. 

"I'm kidding." 

"You did look stunning today Rin" he said. My eyes widened. He actually said it..."That's why I'm surprised you didn't have the men swooning over you"

"They were." I said. Changsun looked shocked. "But anytime someone approached me I said I was with Kim Changsun. That was enough for them to give up on the spot" I giggled. "One of them even said he didn't stand a chance competting with a man like that. It made me feel so proud of you..."

"Proud of me?" He wasn't expecting to hear that. 

"You are amazing Changsun. Lot's of people acknowlegde you." I said. He didn't look convinced. Ofcourse he didn't. He didn't think highly of himself at all. 

"Why aren't you asking me about her?" he changed the subject. I was scared he was going to bring it up. 

"What about her?" I didn't want to force him to talk about her if he really didn't want to. 

"You heard everything that I said to her...didn't you?" he asked. 

"I did. I don't think you told her anything that wasn't true. You care about her and you don't want her to get hurt." 

"I don't know if that's why I told her that." 

"What do you mean?" 

"Part of me wants to accept the fact that she is no longer Choi Ha Na anymore. I want to treat her as Jung Ri An. I don't want to feel guilty about anything that I choose to do." 

"When you mean 'about anything you choose to do...do you mean--?" 

"I mean hurting her in the process of taking Boosung and..." he stopped. I looked down. He pulled over on the side of the road. 

When I looked up and wondered why we stopped, I felt his lips on mine. He was kissing me!

His lips where so soft and warm. He kissed me softly. My heart was beating so fast. 

"I don't want to feel guilty about doing that." he whispered. 

"Don't" I said. His eyes widened. I didn't want him to stop kissing me. I needed to feel his lips on mine again.

I took his cheek in my hand and brought him closer to me. I kissed him back. He was taken a back with my boldness but responded to my kiss. 

The soft kiss quickly turned into a heated one. I don't know what came over me...if it was my new look or something was slipped into my drink but I was acting like a totally different person. I didn't recognize myself. 

 

__________________________

Changsun broke the kiss with a low moan when he felt Rin tugging at shirt. He knew Rin was unexpirenced and so he held himself back. He wasn't going to taint her with his darkness. He felt a strong attraction towards her but he didn't want to hurt her. It seemed like every girl that enterend his life ended up hurt. He didn't want that for her. 

"Changsun?" Rin asked him as Changsun turned the car on again and started driving. 

"Rin...I'm sorry." he said. Rin nodded. "It's okay." 

He drove in silence until they were home. It wasn't super late so his family was still up. At least Ren and Keiko. 

 

"Sooooo...how'd it go!?" Keiko jumped out at them as Changsun and Rin entered the door. Changsun grunted. "You're so annoying" he said. Ren laughed. 

"Wow Rin...you look really beautiful!" Ren said as soon as he saw Rin. Changsun glared at him. 

"Thanks Ren. It was all Keiko" She said. "Thanks Keiko, thanks to you I got to know what it's like to feel like a princess for one day!" Rin hugged Keiko. 

"A princess huh?" Ren looked over at Changsun. "So he gave you the whole expirence did he?" 

"Shut up Ren." Changsun left to his room. 

"What did you mean Ren?" Rin looked at him confused. Ren just smiled and told her to forget it. 

"Is Leo asleep?" Rin asked. 

"Actually he's wating TV with father." Keiko said. 

 

 

"Yoon Jae-san?" Rin came into the second living room and saw Yoon Jae and Leo watching 'Pororo'. The sight was really adorable. Leo was dressed in his Pororo pjs. 

"Wow Rin...you look great" he said when he saw me. "How did the party go?" 

"I'm sure Changsun-ssi would want to tell you about it. But overall it was fun. It was nice to be able to see the other side of your world." 

"You might view it as the other side but to us...it's the only one we know. Pretty sad, is it not?" 

"No! Not at all! It's so glamorous!" 

Yoon Jae smiled. "Even that gets exhausting. I'm glad my son has you to show him 'that other side'." 

I smiled. 

 

I carried Leo back to his room. Changsun hadn't even made an effort to see him after he came back. Was he asleep? 

I placed Leo on his bed and made sure he was comfortable before I left back to my room. 

 

 

"Goodnight Leo" I kissed him on his cheek.