FIFTY NINE

Until I Met You

 

_____________

 

 

5 hours later:

 

"I will be by your side no matter what Joon." Yoon Jae told his son. 

Joon looked broken. He had no mood for anything. All he hoped for was that Ha Na would be alive after all this. 

 

"Why did I do it…father?"

Yoon Jae widened his eyes. Joon actually called him 'father'. He felt an incredible joy in his heart. His son was finally showing his soft side. 

"People, do unimaginable things for the ones they care about. I don't blame you for what you did Joon-ah. Even though it was selfish and wrong, it all comes down to what us elders did to you that you turned out to be like this son. 

This young lady that you came to love…you didn't want anyone to take her from you. You did what ever you could to protect her….

You didn't want that little comfort, love, warmth go away….you held on to it with everything you had." 

 

"It was wrong. I was wrong" Joon said. "If she dies…what will I do?" he cried.

 

"Don't give up hope Joon. Ha Na is strong…she will survive." 

 

Joon nodded and truly believed in his father's words. 

 

 

He hung to ever little hope. Ha Na would make it. 

He just knew it. 

 

 

 

______________

 

Ji Hoon was finishing up his business in China. 

"Thank you." Ji Hoon extended his hand to his new work patner. Bao Tzi.

 

"So tell me Mr. Lee, how has it been going for you? Now that Min Jae is gone I hope his company is going to be even greater. Especially since we are business partners now" Bao Zhi laughed. 

 

"Yes, of course." he too laughed. "Ah! I take it you have heard about my engagement?" 

 

"Yes I have. Your father would be proud. His eldest is finally growing up to be a fine man." 

 

"Thank you." 

 

"Ah, that's right. What has become of your younger brother? I can't recall his name." he asked. 

 

"Joon. Well he went his own way. After the fire that burnt down our home and the death of our father he didn't want anything to do with Boosung or me. I haven't heard of him since." he lied. 

 

"That rascal…he was always trouble for your family. I hope he is doing well." 

 

Ji Hoon nodded and both went on talking about Ji Hoon's soon to be wife, Ha Na and the baby. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____