TWENTY NINE

Until I Met You

Min Woo didn't agree with Jung Rian's ambitions. But he was tolerant because he wanted to protect her. 

He even went to Korea with her and to the event on the night she reavled herself to the Lee Ji Hoon and Lee Joon.

Min Woo was at the event because he knew the Lee Brothers and Rian wanted him to introduce her to them as Jung Rian. 

"I just want you to know, I do not approve of this." Min Woo told Rian after what he had just done. Once Ji Hoon and Joon were out of sight.

"I know. But I am grateful you did this for me Min Woo-ssi." 

Min Woo sighed. "I am going back to France tonight. I don't want to be here or anywhere near these people." 

She looked surprised. "What? You're leaving me?" 

"Don't act so surprised Ha Na. You don't need me, you said so yourself. I no longer wish to participate any further in your schemes." 

"Min Woo-ssi…please, I need you here!" 

It was not going to work. Min Woo had made up his mind.

"Why? You said I would never be able to replace what Lee Joon meant to you. Why would I stay around you after what you said to me? You ripped my heart out of my chest and stomped on it. I had good intentions towards you…I wanted to make you happy. That's all I've ever wanted." he bit his lips to avoid getting teary. "You should be careful with your words Ha Na…before you push everyone away and you are left with no one on your side." Min Woo said firmly and walked away, not waiting for her response. He was hurt…very hurt. After all, all he did was watch over her and protected her when she was at the worst moment of her life. He loved her…but he could not tolerate her using such harsh words. He didn't deserve it.

That was it for Min Woo. 

He had left back to France and didn't talk to Ha Na. He rejected all her phone calls.

 

A month later: 

 

"Min Woo…?" Yi Ryeong went to her favorite bar and found Min Woo getting drunk. 

"Yi Ryeong-ah…" he greeted her with a big smile and took another shot of whiskey. He was so drunk. 

 She raised a brow. "Why are you here? Drinking alone? You should of called me"

"I've been here since the day I got back from Korea. I don't want to be home because I get calls from your sister…she doesn't stop calling me" 

 

"So why don't you take her calls? You are being unfair" she ordered a beer. 

"Unfair? What the hell Yi Ryeong…she's the one that was unfair with me! I was always there for her…I protected her. I did everything for her…and how does she repay me?!" he kept hitting his chest and he was crying. "She tells me I'm never gonna be better than that jerk! The jerk that impregnated her, that abused her! The one that tried to kill her!!" 

Yi Ryeong nodded. She sighed heavily. "You're right…my sister is the one being unfair. I don't know how she changed so much.." 

"She is not the Ha Na I fell for.." 

"Min Woo..I am really worried for her. Maybe we should go back to Korea" 

"No." 

"Min Woo!" 

"You can, but I won't. I don't want to see her" he took another shot of whiskey. "She can go back to that guy for all I care" 

"You don't mean that. You love her! You saved her from Lee Joon" Yi Ryeong tried to reason with him. 

"It doesn't matter what I did for her in the past. She still chose him in the end." Min Woo was really upset. 

"Min Woo, jebal…" Yi Ryeong's voice cracked. Min Woo's eyes widened. He had never seen her get emotional in front of him before. Yi Ryeong was a strong women and she hated showing emotion. This side of her really impacted Min Woo a lot. "I don't want to loose my sister again.." she cried. 

Min Woo sighed. 

"Okay Yi Ryeong-ah…for you, I will. Just stop -- it doesn't suit you" 

 

 

LEE JI HOON: 

 

It was becoming more and more frequent his headaches and vision blurs. He didn't understand what was going on. 

"Maybe you're stressed. You spend all your time in Boosung" Tae Hee said. 

"Stop TaeHee…I don't wish to argue." Ji Hoon sighed. 

She insisted that he go to the hospital but he refused. 

"It's your call." she was pissed and went out. Dayoung was upstairs in her bed sleeping. Tae Hee was definetly not a good mother. Ji Hoon didn't say anything about her leaving to go out with her friends. To him it was a good thing that she left. He could not stand her. 

 

He poured himself a glass of wine. He sat back in his chair and watched the city through his window. 

He always thought of her. 

Choi Ha Na. 

After all these years, he couldn't get her out of his head. Trying to figure out if she had come back as Jung Rian mortified him. 

If she had, it was clear with Jung Rian's actions that she was not here for anything good. Joon would be right, she would be back for revenge. 

Everything was so confusing. 

Was she Jung Rian, Choi Ha Na? 

Was the child Joon claimed to be his son, Leo? 

Those two questions were his primary concern. 

"Daddy?" Dayoung woke up from her sleep. 

Ji Hoon turned around to find his young daughter behind him. She was holding on to her teddy bear. 

"My princess..what are you doing up? Go back to bed" he smiled. 

She shook her head. She ran to Ji Hoon. 

"I'm happy you're here daddy…I don't see you everyday" she sat with him and wrapped her arms around him. 

I sighed. "I'm sorry Dayoung-ah…daddy is always busy isn't he?" 

She nodded. 

"Forgive me, Dayoung-ah" 

She nodded. All she craved was her father's love. If only he had Leo with him too. When he was engaged to Ha Na, all he could think about was how happy he was that he was going to become a father. He loved that child so much. 

With his thoughts almost bringing him to the edge of tears, he got a bad headache and his vision blurs came back. "Ahh" he grunted. 

Dayoung sat up, confused and Ji Hoon stood up to get more pain killers. His headache became almost unbearable. On the way to the kitchen, he stumbled on the counter. He couldn't see a thing. 

"Dayoung!" he called out for his daughter. She didn't know what was going on. "Daddy!" 

"What the hell is going on?!" he whispered. After what seemed like minutes, his vision came back. 

There was a knock on the door. Dayoung quickly went to open the door hoping it was her mother but instead it was Mir. 

"Who are you?" Mir asked the little girl. She was crying and kept pointing at something. Mir peeked in and saw Ji Hoon on the floor panting heavily in the kitchen. 

"Hyung!!" he ran to him and helped him up. 

"Mir…" he was happy to see him. "It's good you came." 

"Hyung what is going on? Are you okay?!" Mir was very worried. 

He smiled. "Yes, I'm fine Mir…I just got a little buzzed." he laughed. Mir didn't understand. "I'm going to the bathroom…can you watch my daughter while I come out?" 

Mir nodded. "Yeah sure" 

He noticed Ji Hoon holding on to the counter as he went to the bathroom. 

 

Once Ji Hoon had gone to the bathroom, he went to where Dayoung was sitting. She was holding on to her teddy bear. 

Nothing made sense. How could Ji Hoon, get buzzed while he was watching his daughter? He knew Ji Hoon and he didn't think that was possible. 

"Hey little girl..what happened with your dad?" Mir asked Dayoung. 

"He was screaming" 

"Screaming?" he walked over to the kitchen counter and saw a mess of spilled pills. He grabbed the jar and they were pain killers. Ji Hoon was in pain? What kind of pain?

"I think my daddy's head hurts" Dayoung told Mir. 

If he had a headache, why did he lie? Why did he tell him he was buzzed? Was he trying to hide something?

When Ji Hoon got out of the bathroom Mir didn't waste anytime. 

"Hyung, what is this?" Mir held up the pill jar. 

"Pain Killers??" he smiled. 

"Duh I'm not stupid hyung…why were you taking them?" 

"What are you freaking out about Mir, they are just pain killers. You've never taken them?" Ji Hoon raised a brow. 

"Are you in pain?" Mir looked concerned. 

"I've just been having minor headaches…not a big deal." he shrugged. 

"Oh yeah? Not a big deal? Then why did you lie to me about having too much to drink? Why were you on the floor?" 

Ji Hoon looked over at his daughter. "Wait until I put her to sleep." he took her to his room and after a few minutes he was back. 

"Answer me hyung!" Mir was getting impatient. 

"Okay, I have headaches! Big ones….painful ones!" he was frustrated. He hadn't really told anyone about his condition other than Tae Hee. "I can't get rid of them with anything…" 

"Let's go to the hospital hyung!"

"No, I can't. I'm really busy…I don't have time to go to the hospital. Plus maybe they will go away" 

"Hyung…this is your health. I really care about you. Please…go to the hospital!" 

He shook his head. "If it gets worse, then I will go." 

Ji Hoon was as stubborn as Joon. 

There was no doubt they were brothers.

 

 

That night, after I left Ji Hoon's house, I called Cheondong to meet me at the bar for drinks. I needed a friend that I could trust. It seemed like everyone was not the person I once knew them as. 

"Hey Mir…long time no see!" Thunder gave me a big hug. 

"I know…it's good to see you. How's your sister?" I asked. He told me she was doing good, she had gotten married and now lived happily with her husband in New York.

"That's great. At least one of us got to be happy in the end." 

"What do you mean Mir?" Thunder was confused. 

"Have you heard anything about Boosung?" Mir raised a brow. 

"Yeah! Actually I was about to ask you about that! That girl…she came back didn't she?" Thunder asked. 

"You mean Ha Na? Yeah she's back." I took a big sip of my drink. 

"That's good! I thought she had died!" 

"No that's not good. She came back but she is not the same. She goes by Jung Rian now. She is nothing like she was before." 

"Mir…what are you talking about?" 

"She's back for revenge….she hates Ji Hoon and Joon. I'm pretty sure she hates me too." 

"How is that even possible? Start from the beginning" 

So I did. I told him everything. By the middle of the story he was pale as snow. He couldn't believe that Joon was still alive and he was living under a different identity. 

"But how could he do this to you and Ji Hoon??"

"That is not all. I am really concerned about Ji Hoon hyung." I admitted. Thunder was confused. "Why?" 

"He told me he has painful headaches and just a while back I went to his place and I found him on the floor." I told him. Thunder squirmed in his seat. He cleared his throat and kept listening. 

"I don't know what's wrong with him but I know it's not good. I have a really bad feeling" 

"Mir…I think I know what's wrong with Ji Hoon." Thunder said. I scoffed. "What? How could you know? I just told you" 

Thunder shook his head. "No Mir..I know exactly what he has…" 

I was confused. 

"Ji Hoon and Joon got into a fight 5 years ago and the results of the fight were that Ji Hoon ended up in the hospital. He was badly hurt. The doctor told me that some optical nerves where injured and they would never respond." Thunder sighed but continued. "Ji Hoon would gradually loose his eyesight" 

"What?! How did I not know about this!?" 

"I asked the doctor to hide this information from everyone." 

"So you are telling me that not even Ji Hoon knows!?" I was extremely angry. 

"Not even Ji Hoon knows." Thunder looked ashamed. 

"How could you do this Thunder!? How dare you! Who do you think you are to hide this information from us!?" I grabbed his shirt and harshly shook him. 

"I didn't want him to be unhappy! I wanted him to live his life as normal as possible!" 

"DO YOU THINK JI HOON WILL BE HAPPY THEN!? DO YOU THINK THAT ONCE HE LEARNS ABOUT HIS CONDITION HE WILL THANK YOU FOR HIDING IT!?!?!?" I yelled at Thunder. "You ruined Ji Hoon's life. What if it could of been corrected!?" 

"It couldn't Mir!" 

"What if it could of!? You ruined all his chances! He is going to be devastated when he finds out about it." I stood up. "You are worst than Joon. At least Joon would of tortured Ji Hoon but he would of let him know. He would of rejoiced in him knowing about it. But you, you held it in."