SIXTY ONE

Until I Met You

“Are you going to tell me how it really went?” Minue asked me as we drove home and it was only the two of us. 

I sighed, “Roy had set the stage for the truth to be exposed to Leo. He even called Joon to come” 

“Joon? I don’t follow” 

“Apparently Leo had requested he’d be there to verify my story. But...I can’t help think that Roy orchestrated all this” 

“You don’t think Leo is capable of requesting that?” He raised a brow.

“I don’t know.” 

“Well whatever the case, did you tell him everything?” 

I shook my head. “Ofcourse not. I promised him I would when he is older. I vaguely explained how I met Joon and stuff like that” 

“I think that was a good call” 

“Roy wanted me to tell him everything” 

“Everything? To a young boy? That would of really messed him up” 

I nodded. “Roy is blinded by his hatred towards Lee Joon. He doesn’t think clearly when he has a chance to throw a jab at him. It makes me nervous that he is the one that has custody of my son” 

“What are you going to do?” 

“Not sure yet.” 

“How did Leo react with everything?” 

“He wanted to know why I was gone…I told him I couldn’t tell him yet, but when he was older I promised I would tell him. In the meantime, all I can do is wait,” 

He nodded and took my hand in his. 

“So you and Roy seem to be getting along” he laughed.

I scoffed. “I knew you were going to mention that” 

Minue smiled. I couldn’t help but smile myself. I couldn’t resist his cute dimple.

“So, am I right? It seemed like you two were having a moment before I came” 

I grunted. 

He messed up my hair while he teased me. 

“Either way, I am happy that everything seems to be falling into place. Leo is getting to know his mother and you are getting to know your oppa” 

“Yah!” I yelled. It startled Minue. “You are my only oppa. I refuse to call anyone else that” 

“I’m honored, believe me.” he laughed. 

When he parked the car he went around to open my door. As I stepped out he surprised me by carrying me. “Oppa!” 

He brought me closer to him and kissed my cheek. I blushed. 

“I missed you so much today Ha Na-yah” 

“I was only gone for a little while” 

“Too long for me…it felt like a year at least” 

“You are too much” I laughed. My hand was on his chest. When I made eye contact with him I looked away quickly. Why was I being so shy around Minue? He was going to be my husband. 

He placed me down and grabbed my hand. We walked hand in hand to the house. 


 

_________________________________

 

RIN

 

It was dinner time and Roy requested I eat with him. I didn’t understand why Ms. Nana was gone this whole time, and why he was asking me to have dinner with him. 

 

“Sir, may I ask you a personal question?” I asked.

“Sure.” he said as he ate. 

“Is Ms. Nana okay?” 

Roy was not expecting me to ask something like this, as he looked hesitant. 

“Rin, Nana and I are getting divorced.” he said. I dropped my fork. What?

“I was waiting for it to get finalized to let everyone know but since you asked me, I am telling you now.” 

Wow. I was not expecting to hear that from Roy. He and Nana were getting divorced? Why? I guess it was none of my business. 

“I see.” I looked down to my food and picked at it. 

“You seem upset” he said. I looked up at him. His eyes started at me with curiosity. 

“Oh it’s just that you must be really sad sir” 

“I am fine. No need to worry about me Rin” Roy said as he stood up. I did the same. 

He looked at me. “What’s with that look, Rin?” 

“W-What do you mean?” I stuttered. He walked towards me. “Please don’t look at me with those sad eyes. There is nothing to be sad about. I assure you, I am fine.” he said. “Nana and I….that was bound to happen at some point.” 

I looked at him, confused. “Why?” I was overstepping my boundaries but I wanted to know what he meant. 

“We married each other for business. It was an arranged marriage. One that was organized and decided by our parents.” 

My eyes widened. 

“In my world, that is normal. Nana and I didn’t have feelings for each other when we married thus, no reason to be upset.” 

“I find it hard to believe that over time you didn’t gain any affection towards each other.” I dared to say. Roy smiled- it was a sad smile. 

“I was always at work…I didn’t dedicate any time to her. It wouldn’t surprise me if she didn’t have any affection for me.” 

“Did you have any for her sir?” 

Roy raised a brow. “Why are you so curious about it Rin?” 

I looked down. He was right, why was I so curious about his life? Who he loved…didn’t love? 

“I shouldn’t be so nosy. I apologize” I bowed. 

“I am not upset. I am just surprised that you take such interest in ensuring that I am okay.” he laughed. I blushed. 

“I have grown to admire and respect you Mr. Roy. Your feelings are important to me.” I admitted. 

“You have?” he got closer to me. My heart began to beat harder. 

“Y-Yes.” 

“Well…it does warm my heart that you worry for me, Rin.” 

“D-Does it sir?” He was so close to me I didn’t know what to do. It was still at a respectable distance but for some reason I felt dizzy. His cologne was musky. It complimented his masculinity and confidence. The closer he approached me, the shorter I felt next to him. 

“Rin…” he whispered. I dared look up and saw him even closer. He was no longer at a respectable distance. This was much more intimate. 

I didn’t move away. There was a little spark of happiness when he mentioned he was getting divorced. I knew it was wrong, but I couldn’t keep lying to myself. I felt some type of attraction to him that was more than that of respect and admiration. 

“Thank you.” he said. “Thank you for everything” 

I nodded. He made some distance between us. My face felt hot. Just what was all that? 

I touched my cheeks and they were on fire. How was it that this was happening to me? I wasn’t in love with Roy Zhou was I? 

“Rin..” I heard him call my name. I snapped back to my thoughts. 

“Yes sir?” 

“I know that you felt uncomfortable during dinner,” he continued. “Please don’t..it’s just that I was so accustomed to eating with Nana that the thought of having to do that by myself is–” 

“Don’t worry sir. I understand what you are trying to say.” 

Roy chuckled. “And just what am I trying to say?” 

“I will have dinner with you everyday.” 

He nodded. There was a long pause before he said anything else. 

“You should get some sleep Rin. I will do the same. Today was a long day” Roy said, I nodded and started making my way over to my room. 




 

ROY POV: 


 

It was dinner time and I had requested Rin to eat with me. I sat in my usual spot while she took a chair away from where I was. She looked uncomfortable the entire time. She kept moving the food from one side of the plate to the other. Clearly there was something on her mind. 

“Sir, may I ask you a personal question?” she finally asked.

“Sure.” I said as I took a bite.

“Is Ms. Nana okay?” 

I was not expecting her to ask something like this. What was I to say? I wasn’t planning on telling anyone until it was finalized. 

“Rin…Nana and I are getting divorced.” I said. She dropped her fork. 

“I was waiting for it to get finalized to let everyone know but since you asked me, I am telling you now.” 

She looked very surprised to hear that. 

“I see.” She looked down and continued to pick at her food. 

I noticed that she looked sad about the news. Something told me it went deeper than just sadness.

“You seem upset” I  said curiously. 

“Oh it’s just that you must be really sad sir” 

“I am fine. No need to worry about me Rin” I stood up. She did the same. When I turned to look at her she looked back at me with an apologetic look. 

“What’s with that look, Rin?” 

“W-What do you mean?” she stuttered. I walked towards her.

“I implore you to not look at me with those sad eyes. There is nothing to be sad about. I assure you, I am fine.” I repeated. “Nana and I….that was bound to happen at some point.” 

She looked at me, confused. “Why?”

“We married each other for business. It was an arranged marriage. One that was organized and decided by our parents.” 

Her eyes widened. 

“In my world, that is normal. Nana and I didn’t have feelings for each other when we married thus, no reason to be upset.” 

“I find it hard to believe that over time you didn’t gain any affection towards each other.” She said. I narrowed my eyes and smiled. 

“I was always at work…I didn’t dedicate any time to her. It wouldn’t surprise me if she didn’t have any affection for me.” 

“Did you have any for her sir?” 

I raised a brow. “Why are you so curious about it Rin?” 

She looked down. It did intrigue me to find out why she was asking all these questions. 

“I shouldn’t be so nosy. I apologize” She bowed. 

She looked embarrassed. She always looked at the floor, evading my eyes. I wondered if this was a habit she got from being around Lee Joon. 

“I am not upset. I am just surprised that you take such interest in ensuring that I am okay.” I laughed lightly. She blushed. 

“I have grown to admire and respect you Mr. Roy. Your feelings are important to me.” she admitted. My feelings? 

“You have?” there was something that kept pulling me to get closer to her. 

“Y-Yes.” 

“Well…it does warm my heart that you worry for me, Rin.” 

“D-Does it sir?” 

I was so close to her, she looked very nervous. Her breath had accelerated to a faster pace. Why was this girl so nervous around me? The thought that kept appearing in my mind- the one I was trying to ignore kept creeping up to me. There was no way she had a crush on me…could there? 

“Rin…” I whispered when I was a few inches from her. She looked up at me. Her eyes drew me in everytime. It was almost as if I were in a trance. But how? 

 

She didn’t move away. This was not a good situation to be. Even if she did have a crush on me, it would never go past that. It couldn’t. 

“Thank you.” I said. “Thank you for everything” 

She nodded. I made some distance between us. 

I looked back to her and she was touching her cheeks. She was blushing furiously. I suddenly felt guilty. Why did I approach her like that? 

“Rin..” she heard me call her name. She snapped back to her thoughts. 

“Yes sir?” 

“I know that you felt uncomfortable during dinner,” I continued. “Please don’t...it’s just that I was so accustomed to eating with Nana that the thought of having to do that by myself is–” 

“Don’t worry sir. I understand what you are trying to say.” 

I raised a brow. “And just what am I trying to say?” 

“I will have dinner with you everyday.” 

That wasn’t what I was trying to say. There was a long pause before I said anything else. 

“You should get some sleep Rin. I will do the same. Today was a long day” I said, She nodded and left. 

 

“Just what in the world is going on with me?” I pinched the bridge of my nose. 

“Sir.” my assistant came into the dining room after Rin had left. 

“What is it Luhan?” 

“I have information regarding Lee Ji Hoon.” 

That’s right. I had asked him to find out why Ji Hoon was a no show recently. 

“What did you find out?” 

“He is here in Korea.” 

“He is in Korea? He never left?” 

He shook his head. “Here is this sir. Ji Hoon check in to Seoul Hospital. He has been there for a week.” He handed me a page with Ji Hoon’s credit card information.

My eyes widened. “Why is he there?” 

“He checked in because he can’t see. He has lost his vision” 

“What?” 

“This is shocking news sir. Even I can’t believe it.” 

“Does Ha Na know?” 

He nodded. “She has checked in to visit” 

I threw the packet Luhan had given me on my desk. “Get her on the phone.” 

“Ye, sajang-nim.” he picked up the phone and called. It was late but I didn’t care. I needed to confirm this with her. 

“Roy it’s 12am…what is it?” Ha Na answered with her sleepy voice. 

“Is it true? About Ji Hoon?” I went straight to the point. 

“What?” 

“Is he blind?” 

“How did you find out?” 

I sighed. It was true. This was not good.

“Let’s meet up tomorrow.” I demanded.