FOURTY

Until I Met You

I slammed the door behind me and went to my car. 

Why the did I tell him that? 

Truth was, I couldn't keep quiet. Because of it, Ha Na probably hated me now. I wanted to go back in the house but how could I after what I had just done?

 

The best thing to do now was to leave. I would call Ha Na later. I just hoped she wouldn't ignore me again.

 

I got into my car and drove off. 

 

 

Mir PoV:

 

"Mir.." Ha Na approached me slowley, unsure of how to act after what I had just heard. I wasn't sure how to either.

"Mir I-- I am really..." Ha Na paused. She didn't know how to explain herself. What Joon had said surprised me. I had no idea Ha Na was going through all this. I couldn't belive what Ji Hoon hyung had done. I couldn't be true..

It had to be a lie that Joon had made up. Joon lied...this was a lie right? It had to be. Joon was selfish and greedy..he didn't care about anyone but himself...

"Is it true?" I said without looking at her.

She nodded. I closed my eyes to keep any tears from falling. 

"What..." I took a deep breath and asked, "What did he do to you?"

Ha Na bit her lip. I took her hand and squeezed it a bit, reasurring her. 

"Oppa..." she croaked.

"It's okay baby.." I took her chin and kissed her cheek. I couldn't belive that anyone would hurt my Ha Na. Just what monster would hurt my angel? She never hurt anyone so why...

She nodded and pushed me back a little. We were still sitting on the floor. 

Ha Na pulled off her shirt. My eyes widened when she did. I wasn't expecting her to take off her clothes. She stood up and began to pull down her pants. I had to look away. 

"Mir.." I heard her whisper. She offererd me her hand and helped me stand up. "Ha Na...why are you--" I blushed when she put my hand on her waist. 

"He me." she said plainly. "...he hit me...and hurt me...here." 

My heart stopped. "Ji Hoon me." she kept repeating over and over again. 

 

Mir bursted into tears after what Ha Na had showed him. He couldn't keep in in anymore. The women that he loved so much was and abused by someone that he trusted and knew his whole life. Ha Na took his head and rested it on her shoulder. She knew how hard it was for Mir to hear this. It wasnt't easy for her to admit it but she had no choice. After Joon had told him she had no choice. Part of her was thankful but she knew that things wouldn't be the same with Mir. 

 

Joon PoV:

I woke up the next morning and called SangHyun. 

"Yeoboseyo?" he answered.

"It's Joon." 

"Ahh, Joon..what's up?" he asked.

"Where is Ji Hoon living now?" 

"He moved out a few days ago. I think he lives in an apartment close to the company. I'll text you the address..." 

"Thanks." I was about to hang up when I heard him say, "Did something happen?" SangHyun sounded concered.

"It's nothing you should concern yourself about." I said and hung up. It was time to confront him. He thought I wasn't going to do anything about Ha Na. How wrong he was. The next move was mine. Confronting Ji Hoon at the company was too risky. The reporters would show up in no time. 

As I made my way to Ji Hoon's house I pulled out my phone and dialed Ha Na. I wanted to make sure she was ok first. She picked up at the first ring.

"Hello?" she sounded like she had just woke up. I looked at my watch and it was 11:10am.

"Ha Na...gwenchana??" 

"Yeah I'm fine..." she yawned. "Oh Joon.."

"Yes?" 

"Can we meet? I want to see you.." she said. 

I wanted to see her but I was on my way to Ji Hoon. She didn't give me a chance to explain where I was headed because she added, "Please..." I had no choice but to turn the car around.

"I'll pick you up in a bit. Wait for me." 

 

In less than 10 minutes I was at Ha Na's house. I knew she wasn't ready yet so I waited outside. 

She finally came out. God she took forever.

Maybe the wait was worth it. She looked irriestably cute. 

(she wore something similar to this ^^ w/o the sunglasses. She is wearing her nerd ones lol)

Ha Na smiled as soon as she saw me. Unconsiously, I smiled too. 

I got off to open the door for her but she hugged me as soon as I went over to her side. 

She hugged me tigthtly. "Ha Na...is everything okay?" I asked. 

Ha Na laughed. "Ofcourse I am you pabo. Do I need to be crying or sad to hug my boyfriend? Can't I just hug you because I miss you?" my heart skipped a beat. I hugged her back. "So why did you desperately want to see me?" I smirked. 

She pushed me back a little and laughed. She looked so cute when she was embaressed. 

"I wasn't desperate to see you.." she mummbled.

"Hmm..then I guess I will leave.." I said and she grabbed my arm and stopped me. 

"Let's go somewhere fun..." she said shyly.

I raised a brow, amused. "Somewhere fun?" 

"Yah...I just want to get out of the house.." she pushed her glasses in further onto her face.

I realized that things must be tense with her and Mir. After what I caused. I was surprised she still wanted to see me after that. I didn't bring it up though. She seemed to be in a good mood up until now.

"So as busy as I was, you made me come all the way over here to go somehere 'fun'?" I teased. But as gulible as Ha Na was she took it seriously. 

"I didn't know you were busy...you should go then--" she started to walk back inside the house when I grabbed her waist and pulled her against me. Her back was to me and I sneaked my way to her neck. "I was just teasing Ha Na..." I laughed lightly. "I always have time for you." 

 

Ha Na PoV:

I blushed. 

Being around Joon made it seem like what a lived a few days ago never happened. 

I slowley slipped out of Joon's grasp and walked to the car. 

"Ahh..I don't want to drive." Joon streched his arms and yawning.

I looked at him, confused.

"Let's walk?" he smiled. I nodded and he grabbed my hand and we began walking. 

Joon pulled me close. Our shoulders where touching as we walked side by side. The day was perfect to walk. Nice and sunny.

There was some kids running and playing. I smiled. They looked so happy. I looked up at Joon. He was also looking at them. His face was different from mine. It was serious with a hint of sadness. "Joon?" I called out his name. 

"Ahjuhssi!" one of the kids yelled. He ran to Joon and stopped right it front of us both. 

I realized he was calling Joon the 'ahjuhssi'. I couldn't help but burst out laughing. 

Joon looked pissed off. 

"What do you want?" he asked the kid. I was still laughing. Joon had never had any interaction with a kid. That was obvious.

"Ahjuhssi!" the little boy laughed. 

"Don't call me that you brat." 

I smacked Joon lightley and ignored his death glare. I knealed down to the boy and touched his hair. 

"Annyeong~ What's your name?" I asked. 

"Woo Hyun himnida." he bowed. "Ah such a cute name!" I pinched his cheeks.

"Not as cute as you noona" 

"Aigoo.." I blushed a little. 

"Tch." I heard Joon say. He just stood there, annoyed. 

"Yahhh...don't tell me The Great Lee Joon is jealous of a little boy?" 

He scoffed and whispered. "In your dreams."

"Noona!" 

"Hmm?" 

"Can I ask you a question?" 

Joon narrowed his eyes. 

"Sure, go ahead Woo Hyun-ah." 

"Why are you dating that mean ahjuhssi? " he pointed at Joon.

Joon's eyes widened. He was about to say something when I cut in, "Because despite his bad temper, he is a good ahjuhssi. He takes good care of me. I really like him" I giggled. 

"You are weird noona~" Woo Hyun scracthed his head. I shuffeled his hair and got up. 

"Woo Hyun-ah!" a women yelled. She seemed like his mother. 

"Woo Hyun-nie, your omma is looking for you." I pointed at the ahjuhmma. Woo Hyun's smiled widley when he saw his mother. Woo Hyun turned to Joon and I and said to Joon, "You better treat my noona nice you hear me ahjuhssi??"

Joon smirked.  

I laughed. "Woo Hyun it's okay. He will treat me like a princess! I will make sure of it...or else," I brought him closer to me and whispered something in his ear.

Woo Hyun covered his mouth and giggeled. 

He hugged me and left to his mother. 

"What did you tell him?" Joon seemed curious. 

"You would really want to know huh?" I perched my lips and continued walking. Joon followed behind me. 

"You have a way with children." 

"I know right?" I said scarastically. "I just really like kids. They are so pure and innocent. And not to mention, honest." I laughed. 

Joon laughed lightley. "I guess they are.." 

We reached a small creek and sat on a wooden bench.

"Earlier, you seemed a little upset over something.." I said casually. 

"...about those kids? I guess I can't hide anything from you.." he looked over at me and placed his hand on my hat. "I don't have any memories of being a happy child." 

"You didn't play or have friends?" 

Joon's hand dropped to my shoulders. He placed it around me and pulled me to his chest. 

"What about Mir?" 

Joon sighed. "When I was 5 I collapsed from shock. I don't remember how or what happened before. Everyone kept saying that I lost my memories. Appearantly Mir was a close friend of mine before. When i woke up, I felt normal...I saw my mother, father but.." 

"But what?" I didn't know this about Joon. 

"I didn't know I had an older brother. As much as I tried, i couldn't remember anything. To this day, My life started when I woke up at that hospital."

 

FLASHBACK:

 

 

"Joon-ah! There you are!" Joon's mother laughed when she found him hiding behind the couches. Joon loved playing hide and seek with his mother. 

"Omma!" the five year old child looked brightly at his mother. She leaned down and tickled Joon. Both of them laughing, without a care in the world. 

 

The laughter ceased when he came into the room. Yeong Rang's husband had come home from work. 

"Yeobo~" Yeong Rang left Joon and went to Min Jae. She helped him take off his coat. 

 

"Where's Ji Hoon?" He asked as he sat on the couch. Joon was standing there, waiting to be greeted by his father who he loved so much. 

"He is upstairs practicing for his rehearsal." Yeong Rang answered. 

 

"Father I've been practicing too! Do you want to--" Joon was cut off. He ignored Joon and fixed his attention to his wife. "Tell him to come down immediately." 

"Did something happen?" she asked.

"Yes. He has recieved an invitation to play at a music event in Seoul." 

Yeong Rang gasped. She was so happy for her son.

 

"Are you serious??" Yeong Rang regoiced in her own happiness.

"Did our Joonie al--" She was about to ask him if Joon had recived it as well but again, Min Jae cut her off. He scoffed. "Joon is nowhere near as good as Ji Hoon. Why would he receive an invitation to play in Seoul? Don't be rediciouls Yeong Rang-ah."

 

 Yeong Rang touched Joon's shoulder. She knew why her husband was so cold to Joon. There was nothing she could do about it. Her heart broke when she saw how her younger son struggled to hide his tears. 

 

"Joon…why don't you tell your hyung to come down?" his mother told Joon.

He nodded and with his head down, he went upstairs to call his brother.

 

****

 

 

 

When Joon arrived at Ji Hoon's room he opened the door without knocking. "Hyung..?" Joon went inside and saw Ji Hoon laying on his bed. 

When he heard his younger brother, he sat up and smiled at him. 

"Ahh..Joon.." he rubbed the back of his head. 

 

"Hyung isn't practicing?" Joon asked. 

"I was but hyung is too tired now…I was taking a rest. Did you come to see me play?" Ji Hoon asked.

 

Joon smiled. "Will you play for me??" 

 

Ji Hoon nodded and took Joon's hand. He led him to his piano and they both sat down. 

When Ji Hoon had finished playing his song he looked over at his brother and was shocked to see him crying. 

"Joon? Why are you crying?" 

 

"Ani..Joonie is not crying because he is sad. Joonie is happy for hyung." Joon wiped his tears and smiled widely at Ji Hoon. Ji Hoon was confused. 

"Joon.." 

 

"I want to be like hyung when I grow up! Maybe when I become like hyung, appa will love me…" 

Ji Hoon gasped.

 

 

Yeong Rang POV: 

 

 

"Why don't you give him a chance??" Yeong Rang tried to talk to her husband once again. 

"Do you know how ridiculous you sound right now Yeong Rang-ah!? I let that kid live in my house. What more do you want me to do!?" Min Jae was getting angry. "I warned you, I would take him in but with that condition that both you and I know very well. If you can't agree with it then you can do to him like you did to that other kid." 

 

"Why are you being like this..?" Yeong Rang cried. 

"Because he is your love child! I can't stand to look at him!! He reminds me of that bastard you cheated on me with" 

 

"I said I was sorry…" Yeong Rang grabbed his arm and begged him. "Joon loves you…he wants to make you proud of him…give him a chance, uh??"

Min Jae shrugged her off and glared at her. 

 

"I WILL NEVER BE PROUD OF THAT…" he yelled. "This is your punishment. I will never approve of Yoon Jae's son. He betrayed me…you too. I see that child like a nuisance. If I could I would throw him out but," he grabbed his wife's hand and shook her. "That would be far too nice from my part. I want to make you suffer for what you did to me"

 

He was so angry. Before he turned violent with her, he took his coat and left. 

Yeong Rang felt her heart sink when she heard soft cries come from behind her. She quickly turned around to see her young son standing with Ji Hoon, holding his older brother's hand. He was crying. Ji Hoon looked shocked at what he had just heard. Being the older one, he had understood everything that had been said. 

 

Joon's mother ran to Joon and hugged her son close. 

 

"Omma…what did--" Ji Hoon was too shocked to ask. 

"Joon-ah.." Yeong Rang tried to get her son's attention but it was no use. Joon had collapsed in her arms. 

 

"Ji Hoon call the ambulance!" Yeong Rang was so worried. Ji Hoon nodded and ran to the phone. It wasn't long until the ambulance came. 

 

When they came they took Joon from her arms and rushed him to the hospital. The whole way to the hospital, Yeong Rang prayed that her son would be okay. 

 

 

After hours of waiting in the waiting room, the doctor came out and told Joon's mother about his current state. 

 

"How is he??" Yeong Rang was desperate. 

"He is going to be fine." the doctor looked uncertain. She took notice of it. "But.." the doctor continued. "It seems like what ever happened, it was too much of a shock for him.

There was brain damage. He has lost his memory." 

 

Yeong Rang's eyes widened. 

"What??" 

 

"We aren't sure about how much he has lost. We will see when he wakes up."

 

Joon's mother was in complete shock. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her son had lost his memories..

 

"Omma~ Don't worry…if it's true that Joon lost his memories…" Ji Hoon wanted to cry. He held it in and continued. "There is no way he could forget about his mother…or his hyung. Don't worry omma" Ji Hoon re assured his mother. 

 

Yeong Rang smiled and nodded. "You're right Ji Hoon-ah. There is no way…" 

 

 

After 2 hours, Joon had awoken. According to the doctor he was fine. He wasn't hurt anywhere. He seemed normal. 

 

Yeong Rang and Ji Hoon entered the room, with the doctor close behind them. 

Joon was sitting on the bed, eating. He didn't look up when they entered the room. 

 

"Joon!" Yeong Rang went to her son and hugged him. Joon remained serious. 

"Omma.." he said plainly. 

 

Yeong Rang was happy that he still had memories of her. 

"Why are you being like this..??" Joon was confused. 

 

"Our Joonie is well…I am so happy…my son." she couldn't stop hugging him. 

 

"Joonie.." Ji Hoon smiled and went to the other side of the bed. His mother let go of Joon and allowed Ji Hoon to greet him. He grabbed his younger brother's hand. 

 

Joon stiffened. He looked at Ji Hoon and then at his hand. 

 

"Who are you?" Joon asked the older boy. 

Ji Hoon looked stunned but then laughed a little. "Who do you think? I'm your hyung!" 

 

Joon didn't say anything and removed his hand from Ji Hoon's grasp. "Hyung..?" 

 

"Joon…do you remember me?" Ji Hoon realized that maybe Joon wasn't playing around. 

 

Joon looked at him carefully. He scanned every feature on his face. When he couldn't make out who this person was, he looked at his mother, confused. "Omma…is he really my hyung?" 

 

Yeong Rang couldn't believe it. Joon didn't recognized his own brother. 

 

 "Lee Yeong Rang-ssi…can you come out for a minute.." The doctor told Yeong Rang. But she was frozen in place. 

 

"Yah! Lee Joon!!" She snapped out of it when she heard Ji Hoon yell. He grabbed Joon's shoulders and shook him. "I AM LEE JI HOON! YOUR HYUNG!! HOW…HOW CAN YOU FORGET ME!?? HOW!!" 

 

Joon was surprised at the way he was acting. 

"Ji Hoon stop!" his mother grabbed him and pulled him away from Joon. "Wae…WAE!!?" he cried. "how….how can you…" 

 

"Ji Hoon." Everyone turned when they heard Min Jae come in to the room. 

"Father…" Ji Hoon was still crying. 

 

Min Jae walked to Joon and stopped when he was standing right next to him bed. 

"Yeobo.." Yeong Rang whispered from behind him.

 

"Do you know who I am?" he asked Joon. 

Joon nodded. "Yes father.." 

 

Ji Hoon cried even harder when he said that. 

"Why are you crying?!" his father was displeased. 

 

"Father…Joonie…Joonie…doesn't remember me…" he wiped his tears with his hand.

 

"What is the meaning on this doctor?" Min Jae asked. 

"Please come to my office and I will explain in detail." Min Jae and Yeong Rang nodded and walked out with the doctor leaving Ji Hoon and Joon alone on the room. 

 

 

 

****

 

"In most cases when the patient looses his memory due to shock, usually he looses all of his memory. It's rare to see only parts of it gone." 

 

"But why could he remember us and not his brother??" Yeong Rang asked. 

 

The doctor sighed and continued, "Has Joon been strsssed lately?" 

 

Both Min Jae and Yeong Rang looked at each other and then back at the doctor. 

 

"He is only 5 years old. What worries could a child have?" Min Jae asked with sarcasim in his voice. 

 

"It could be something that he would constantly be thinking about.." he continued, "It could be that he constaly thought of his brother and that is what caused him stress?" the doctor suggested. 

 

"What are you implying?! That my son is the reason that child is sick??!" Min Jae was getting angry again. 

 

"I am sorry Min Jae-ssi. I am trying to look for probable causes that Joon could of forgotten about his brother." the doctor apologized. 

 

"It doesn't matter why he lost it. Maybe this is for the best…" Min Jae stood up and adjusted his suit. "I need to return to work. Yeong Rang-ah..I will take Ji Hoon to his piano classes. He doesn't have to stay here and continue to waste his time when he has such an important event coming up. Excuse me." he bowed to the doctor and left. 

 

*****

 

END OF FLASHBACK