SEVENTEEN

Until I Met You

 

 

BANG MIR

 

 I was back from England because of what I had heard. Ha Na was back in Korea! 

 I could not wait to see her. After the hospital 5 years ago I thought I would never see my best friend again. Last time I saw her she was in a coma and Yi Ryeong was about to take her to France. I was on my way to Boosung.

What she was doing in Boosung confused me a bit but that was were she was and I was going to go see her.

I ran inside. I didn't care if everyone was staring at me. 

 

"Ha Na…I am looking for Choi Ha Na!!" I told the receptionist. She looked confused. "I am sorry sir but I do not know who you are talking about. There is no one here that goes by that name." 

 

"Please, let me in! I need to find her!" I was desperate. 

"I can not let you without an appointment. Please understand." she said. 

I shook my head. Why was she being like this? I pulled out my phone and showed her a picture of Ha Na. She looked at it closely. 

"This is Choi Ha Na! She is here." I insisted. 

 

"Choi Ha Na? You are mistaken. That is Jung Rian…" she said. 

Jung Rian?

 

Just then I saw a women that looked exactly like Ha Na. She had a different style of fashion. She looked rich. Flithy rich. She had just gotten out of the elevator and was walking alongside a man. He looked like some type of assistant.

 

That…it couldn't possibly…be her...

 

I was in complete disbelief. Ha Na looked so different. What was she even doing here of all places? 

"Ha Na…?" I whispered. 

She looked at directly at me and stopped in her tracks. Her eyes looked way different. The way she was looking at me gave me chills. She definitely looked like Ha Na…what was going on?

She looked shocked. 

Her shock only lasted a few seconds. She quickly looked away and began walking again. 

Did she just ignore me? 

 

 

"Yah! Choi Ha Na!!" I yelled out to her but she ignored me and kept walking. The receptionist said, "Hey! Watch your mouth! Do not talk to the Jung Ri An-ssi like that!" 

 

 

I couldn't believe all this craziness. I followed her. 

Before I could even get to her, the man that accompanied her grabbed my shoulder and stopped me. 

She stopped. But she didn't turn to look at me. Her back was to me. 

 

"What do you think you are doing?" he asked.

"Ha Na! It's me, Mir!" I ignored the man and directed my attention to Ha Na. 

 

She wouldn't look at me. Still with her back to me she finally said,

"Who are you speaking to with that tone?" she asked. 

My eyes widened. 

 

"Ha Na…what's wrong? You don't recognize me? Turn around and look at me!" I said. 

She did. She turned around slowly. 

Her face was indifferent. 

"Who are you?"

 

She couldn't still be mad at me could she? The last time I had been with her I had tried to kiss her. When she rejected me and told me she was moving out with Joon I know I lost it. I called her things that I regret now. But the way she was acting now, was truly harsh. 

 

"Are you being serious right now? Yah! Jugulle? How can you forget your friend!" I yelled. I didn't care who heard me.

 

She stayed silent. 

 

"Miss Jung?" the man waiting for her command. Ha Na and that man looked at each other and she nodded and began to walk away.

He began to pull me away.

 

"HA NA!! Ha Na!" I yelled. She kept walking. I resisting along the way. "It's Mir! PLEASE! You can't have forgotten about me! I am sorry! OPPA MIANHAE! I was wrong!" I yelled as he escorted me outside. 

 

____________________

 

JUNG RIAN:

 

 

"Ha Na…?" 

I turned. 

 

It's him. 

Why Mir? Why are you back? 

My heart felt heavy. 

 

I looked directly at him and I stopped. He looked in complete shock. I too, was in shock to see my old best friend. Why Mir? Don't come close to me…

Please…just leave…

I don't want to hurt you more than I have already…

 

I had to ignore him. I couldn't let him ruin everything for me. 

I have to go..!

 

I quickly looked away and began walking again. This time faster. 

 

 

"Yah! Choi Ha Na!!" Mir yelled out. Stop Mir PLEASE.

 

I bit my lips and held in my tears. I kept walking hoping he wouldn't follow.

But no, he didn't give up. Ofcourse he followed me. 

What did I expect? He wasn't going to just leave.

 

 

 

Byungee stopped him and I stopped walking. I didn't dare turn around.

 

"What do you think you are doing?" Byunghee asked. I could hear Mir struggling. 

My eyes closed and I was trying extremely hard not to cry. 

Part of me wanted to turn around and order him to take his hands off him. But I couldn't. It would ruin everything. 

 

"Ha Na! It's me, Mir!"

 

I know Mir…I know…

 

Enough, I am Jung Rian now. I can not let this affect me. 

 

 

I finally said,

"Who are you speaking to with that tone?" I asked. 

 

 

"Ha Na…what's wrong? You don't recognize me? Turn around and look at me!" he said. 

 

 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I hadn't seen him in 5 years. I was nervous but I hid it.

 

I turned around slowly. 

He looked exactly the same. His hair was blonde. Everything about him was familiar except he didn't wear his glasses anymore. 

 

"Who are you?" 

 

He looked very hurt. 

"Are you being serious right now? Yah! Jugulle? How can you forget your friend!" he yelled.

There was a knot in my throat. Mir was like that. The way he talked to me, I missed it so much. It was making me very emotional.

I had to get out of that situation, NOW.

 

I didn't say anything.

 

"Miss Jung?" Byunghee asked for my command. I looked at him. He was waiting for me to make the next move. I nodded and without glancing back at Mir I turned around and walked to the elevator.

 

My heart was beating fast. I felt alot of pain in my heart. I had betrayed him. I had done the worst thing. 

 

"HA NA!! Ha Na!" Mir yelled. "It's Mir! PLEASE! You can't have forgotten about me! I am sorry! OPPA MIANHAE! I was wrong!"

I heard every word. Every word pierced my heart. It hurt so much. 

 

 

Is this what it took to be Jung Rian?

 

I cried, I didn't stop. Today was the worst day. 

Was my life supposed to turn out like this? 

Never would I have thought that after my parents passed away I would live alone.

 

Never did I think that my first boyfriend that I ever had, the first experience of love was going to end in a horrible abuse and traumatic experience. 

 

Never did I think that I would meet a rich man…and then fall in love with him..

 

Never would I have guessed that his brother was going to kidnap, hit and me…

 

In my wildest dreams did I think I was going to get pregnant…and then sentenced to death by the baby's father. 

 

…or loose my best friend. 

 

How was I suposed to know I had a long lost sister out there somewhere? 

 

But the most painful of all was loosing my son...

 

How much more was a person to endure?

 

I am only human…