THREE

Until I Met You
 
 
 
 
 
"Miss Rian, I have booked our performance for Sunday. You will be performing at the Blue Square Auditorium." Byunghee told Rian. This was going to be her first performance in Korea. 
 
"Will they be there?" Rian asked Byunghee. Of course he knew who she meant. She asked in such a stern voice it surprised him. 
She wanted everything to go according to plan.
"Of course Miss." 
 
"Good. Nothing else matters but to have both of them there. It will be my entrance…" she smiled. "I have to make sure both Lee Ji Hoon and Lee Joon see me at the same time" 
 
Byunghee nodded. "They will. It is Ji Hoon's company event. I have received news that Kim Yoon Jae and Lee Joon have landed in Korea yesterday. His company is also attending the show." 
 
"Hmh…they will be in for a big surprise." Ri An smirked.
 
"Miss Ri An…may I ask you a question?" Byunghee wasn't sure whether or not to ask but he was really curious.
 
Rian raised a brow. "You may.." 
 
"What is the last thing you remember about Lee Ji Hoon?" 
 
"Ji Hoon? Like you don't know Byunghee. He me…and beat me." just remembering it brought chills throughout her body. Every scar on her body stuck. She wasn't as weak as before and let her emotions flow through her anymore. As she spoke her words stung. They were venomous. "He left me for dead…and after that, he tormented me…not once was I able to sleep without having nightmares that he would do it again…i hate him…i hate him just as much as i hate Lee Joon…I'm going to make their life unbearable…I'll take everything from them. Boosung and Glory will be mine. They will watch me take the most precious things in their life. I could destroy it in front of them but it would be much too easy. I want them to suffer..just like they made me suffer. I swear on my baby's life…i will avenge him. Not only that but I'll get my pride back…that, you can be sure of Byunghee."
 
 
Byunghee nodded. He confirmed his suspicion. She didn't remember what happened after her abuse she had suffered from Ji Hoon. She didn't remember that she had forgiven him…she had forgotten that they were engaged to be married. 
Back then, Byunghee had hid everything about the engagment. He had sure she didn't see anything that would send her into shock. Maybe it was his mistake.
 
"Understood aghassi." he bowed. 
 
He decided that he wouldn't tell her. The hurt she was experimenting was intense. Ji Hoon wasn't completely a saint, for as he had done his share of hurt. Regardless of what he had to say to Rian, he decided to stay quiet and let time reveal what was going to be his punishment.  
 
________________
 
"Leo, are you happy that we are moving to Korea?" Changsun asked Leo as his driver drove them to the airport. Rin was in the car with them.
 
"Why are we moving to Korea appa?" Leo asked.
 
"It's where I'm from. My home…appa has something very important that he needs to do in Korea Leo-yah. Don't be sad, we will still be together, arraseo?" 
 
Leo nodded. He was confused, he didn't understand any of it.
 
"I will never leave you Leo. I promise you that" Changsun kissed Leo's head.
 
Once they where at the airport Yoon Jae was waiting for them with Keiko and Ren. They too where moving to Korea. Ren was going to be traveling to and from Korea back to Japan for the band.
 
"Why don't you all go on ahead. I have important matters to speak with Rin." Changsun told his family. Ren and Keiko gave each other silly looks implying something "romantic" was going on between the two. Keiko grabbed Leo and Yoon Jae had to drag her and Ren away leaving Changsun and Rin by themselves. 
 
"You have to stop doing that…" Rin said. Changsun asked, "Wae?" 
 
"Your family might get the wrong idea. I am merely a servant to the Kim's…all this is making me uncomfortable. I do not wish for them to think I am taking a lot of liberties with you Changsun-ssi." Rin said clearly.
 
"Well, they can think what they want. You are not their servant. You are my son's caretaker, so I have to communicate with you on a regular basis." 
 
Rin nodded. "In that case, allow me to speak formally to you." 
 
"If that makes you feel 'comfortable', do what ever you want." Changsun was getting irritated at how she was behaving. She started being weird since that night…
 
"Changsun-ssi…what important manners did you want to speak to me about?" Rin asked. It threw him off guard. All he wanted was to stay behind and spend a few minutes taking. After the other night, things where awkward between the two.
 
"How do you feel?" 
The question took Rin by surprise. 
"I-I don't know…" 
 
"About moving and everything.." 
Rin blushed. He was asking her about moving...not about the kiss or what happened the other night.
 
"I go wherever the Kim's need me. This is normal for me...so I guess I feel happy." 
 
"What about last night?"
she blushed even brighter. 
 
"Um...I...I haven't really thought about that..."
Changsun nodded. "Well...it's still something that we need to address. Don't make any plans tonight. After Leo falls asleep...we will talk then." 
 
"Changsun-ssi!" 
 
He had already started walking. 
 
 
_____________
 
 
When they all arrived in Seoul, Changsun was worried that someone would recognize him as 'Lee Joon' but no one did. 
 
 
"People move on pretty quickly." Changsun told Yoon Jae who was walking by his side. 
 
Rin overheard. She stayed quiet.
 
"Trust me, that is good news for you. The last thing you want is for everyone to recognize you and come running to you. Leo would be scared." Yoon Jae said. Changsun didn't realize that. He lit his cigarette and kept walking.
 
Yoon Jae smiled. Changsun had gotten so attached to Leo even he was surprised. Never did he think his own son would come to love his child the way that he did.
 
_________
 
"Rin come on! You have to come…it's our first night here in Korea! You've never been here..I want to show you around!" Keiko begged me to go out with her tonight.
 
"I have to look after Leo. I can't Miss Keiko. I am sorry" 
 
"Ren can do it" 
 
"Changsun-san would be mad. The last thing I want is for him to be mad at me Miss Keik--" I stopped.
I saw Changsun standing right outside of Keiko's room. He was leaning against the door with his arms crossed looking directly at me. 
 
"Ah, Changsun-ah…" Keiko smiled when she saw her little brother. "Where is Leo?" 
 
"I had to put him to sleep a little bit ago. I was trying to look for you." he looked at me. "She seems like she was...busy." 
 
"Well Rin was helping me." Keiko said. Her whole wardrobe was spread all over her bed and floor. She brought a ton of clothes from Japan.
"I can see that. Rin, come…you have much work to do." 
 
"Changsun! Stop being like that. We just got here…Rin needs to relax. I am going to take her out tonight." she turned to me and smiled.
 
Changsun scoffed and raised a brow. "Hah..by who's orders? Might I remind you that Rin is my son's caretaker, therefore she is working for me." 
"Yah!" Keiko was getting mad.
 
"Rin hasn't come to me to ask me if she could go. So I don't see why I should grant her permission noona." 
 
 
Keiko turned to me. "Well what are you doing just standing there Rin!? Ask him!" 
 
I shook my head, remembering what we secretly had planned. "I will stay and take care of Leo. It's my job after all. I can't take liberties like going out Miss Keiko. Thank you for inviting me though. I appreciate it a lot." I smiled and bowed to excuse myself. 
 
"But Riinn" I didn't give Keiko a chance to talk when I was already out of the room.
 
 
I reached Leo's room. I felt the anxiety of seeing Changsun in just a short while. Just when I was thinking of him, I felt someone behind me.
I didn't even have to turn to see who was behind me. His scent gave it away. It was a manly, strong scent. 
He lead me past Leo's room to a door that lead to his room. Once in his room, it looked like his old one in Japan, only a bit bigger. The high celings made the space look huge. Large windows, it was beautiful. Everything was Changsun's style. 
 
"Did Leo fall asleep quick?" I asked, trying to break the ice. It was weird being in Changsun's room, just us two..alone. Changsun sat on the bed and looked out the window starring at the cold dark night.
"Yes. He did." 
 
I nodded, not knowing what else to say.
"Did you want to go out with Keiko?" Changsun raised a brow. Almost immiediatly I said, "No! I-I mean...no, I knew that we had plans--" I corrected my tone. I didn't mean to sound too desperate.
Changsun was just quiet. For a long time. I was starting to feel like this was not going to be a good conversation.
 
"The other night...you said something that I just can't get out of my head" he said. I listened carefully. "Before you noticed I was in the room you said there was nothing that you wished for more than to be Leo's mother." 
"Changsun-ssi..I--" 
"Listen..no one is ever going to take Choi Ha Na's place." he hissed.
Those words hit me like a ton of bricks. That's what he wanted to talk to me about?
"You are never going to be Leo's mother."
He stood up. "Ha Na will always be Leo's mother. If you can't accept it, I will have no other choice but to send you away" 
 
Tears formed in my eyes. Why was he so harsh? 
"You don't have to worry. Like I've said before...I know my place. I would never try to take someone else's place especially Miss Choi's. I know she is Leo's mother...and I also know she is the women you have in your heart. It will never be me." 
"As long as you know that." he said. 
"I also..." I wasn't done. "To make things clear, I am not someone you can play around with." 
Changsun was surprised at my words. "I am not someone you can grab and kiss whenever you want. Please...don't do that again." I said and left Changsun's room. I covered my mouth as I passed Leo's bed and when I closed the door, I fell on the floor and cried.