FOURTEEN

Until I Met You

I had no idea what time it was when I woke up.

"You're finally up." I jumped at the voice. It was Joon. Right…I was at his house. 
I suddenly felt conscious about how I looked. Was my hair messy? My makeup was probably a mess too.
"Where is Mir..?" I asked. He sat on the edge of the bed, his back facing me. 
"He didn't want to wake you." 
"So he left!?" I scratched my head. That idiot! How dare he leave me here alone!?
Joon didn't say anything. I grabbed my bag and coat and headed to the door. Before I could open it, I felt Joon's body close behind me. His hand was against the door holding it shut. My heart began to beat so fast. I felt my legs shaking. 
"Don't go." I felt his breath behind my ear. 
I finally snapped back to my senses and turned around and that is when I realized how close he was. His face was only inches from mine. Wrong move Ha Na…
"Mir is going to worry about me…" I lowered my head to the floor. Looking at him was making me really nervous. Why was Joon acting like this??
"He won't." he said softly and tucked my hair behind my ear. I let him do it…for some reason he made me so weak. Damn you Lee Joon. 
"Why did you kiss me?" 
The question caught him off guard. His whole body stiffened. He took a while to say something. When he finally did he said, "Can't I?" typical Joon response. He smirked. Cocky bastard. 
"Ofcourse you can't. Don't ever do that again…" I was serious. 
He shrugged and layed down completely on the bed. He was staring at the ceiling. 
"Why did you do it though…I am curious to know…"
"Let me ask you something." he ignored my question. "Why did you cry?" 
I didn't want to tell him. I wasn't…
I shook my head.
"Please don't ask." I tried to keep my tears in. "Don't ever ask me about that. Forget I even did that…I'll do anything…just don't…" 
He sighed. "Fine. Do something for me." 
I nodded. 
"Play that." he looked across the room to a piano. How did I not notice it before? I walked to it and sat down on the bench. Joon sat next to me on the right side. 
"I don't know how to play..." 
"Play the song from that day"
I began to play. I wasn't good at all. I didn't know why Joon wanted to hear me play that song. Now that I thought about it, I had played it on his piano the day I broke into his house. He got so mad at me that day. I looked up at him and his eyes where closed and his eyebrows where furrowed. Clearly he wasn't enjoying it. When I was done he opened his eyes. "Thanks." he said.
He actually thanked me! 
None of us moved. 
"This song….reminds me of my mother." he said. Now it made sense…kind of. 
"Really? She is a pianist too?" I smiled. 
"Was. She is dead." 
Nice going Ha Na. "Sorry." I felt bad now. Joon let out a light laugh. 
"Don't be. It's been a long time. She would always play this song for me. That is about the only memory I have of her." 
He lost his parent at a young age too…
"My parents died too when I was young." 
He was quiet. I didn't want to bore him with my life story. I didn't say anything more.
Someone was knocking at the door. "I'll get it." I stood up but Joon grabbed my hand. 
"Joon-ssi..??" He brought me back to the bench. 
The door was opened and Sandara came in. Joon ignore her and kept his gaze on me. I tried to push him away but he didn't let me go. 
Sandara was mad. Her face was about to burst of how angry she was. 
"What are you doing!?" she yelled and ran towards us. She pushed me away from Joon. "Stay away from him you !!" 
Joon grabbed her shoulder and turned her around so she was facing him. That look…I had never seen before. His eyes were full of hatred and cold. That saying…if looks could kill really fit in here. 
"Get out." he hissed. 
She shook her head and crossed her arms. "LEAVE." he said again. Sandara didn't move which made Joon even more mad. 
"Oppa…" she started to cry. I felt really awkward so I grabbed my stuff and ran out of the room. I ran until I was out of the house. Once outide, I saw a car pull up. It was dark so I couldn't really see. I ignored it and kept running towards the gate. I had no idea what had just happened but it was starting to make sense. Why Sandara hated me so much. I understood now…
She liked Joon….
Why was I bothered by this?? 
"Ha Na-ssi!!" I heard someone call out my name. It sounded like Ji Hoon…
I turned and saw Ji Hoon running to me. He looked worried. 
"Ji Hoon-ssi…" 
He caught up to me and was standing in front of me. He smiled. Gosh he looked so good when he smiled…
"Do you need a ride home? Mir called me earlier saying that you were going to spend the night. Were you not feeling well?" 
I nodded. "I wasn't but now I am okay." I smiled and looked around. "If it's not too much to ask…can you give me a ride?" It was so dark out, I was scared to catch  a bus or a taxi this late at night.
He smiled and nodded. 
Ji Hoon opened the car door for me. He was such a gentlemen. 
"Thanks." I smiled.
We drove in silence. I had glanced at the car's dashboard and it was already 11:45pm. It was really late!
"Ji Hoon-ssi…where you working up until now? It's really late…you should really take care of your body. Overworking isn't good. Are you eating properly?" 
He laughed. Did I say something wrong?
"Ha Na-ssi you are worring about me?" he smiled and glanced at me. I blushed. 
"I guess I am…" I felt my cheeks getting hotter. He chuckled. 
"I was working…" he yawned. "Looking over a company and having most of the responsibilities is not easy but my father entrusted me his company so I can't let him down." 
I nodded. 
"What was your father like?" I asked. 
"Mmm, well he was a really serious man. Determined and hardworking." 
"He sounds a lot like Joon-ssi." I smiled. 
"I guess he does. Father also neglected us while we were growing up. His work was always on the top of his priorites. It was hard not having him around when we were young but we coped with it."
"I bet your mother felt sad too…" 
"My mother…I don't think I can say anything good about her. When it comes down to it…she is the reason for our misery. She has more fault in the way everything turned out than my father." 
"What do you mean?" 
"She is the reason for my brother's pain. Even if he say's otherwise. Instead of hating us…he should hate her." 
Why was Ji Hoon sounding so heartless?! 
He continued. "My father married my mother. It was an arranged marriage. I don't believe they loved each other at all." He paused and continued. "After I turned 2 my mother was pregnant." 
"With Joon-ssi.." I pointed out. 
"Wrong." 
My eyes widened. 
"I belive her name was Hye Jung." they had a sister? 
"My father was really angry because she wasn't his." Ji Hoon's mother cheated on Min Jae??
"He made her give her up for adoption. I haven't heard of her since." he continued. "Shortly after that she was pregnant again. With Joon." 
I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes. 
"She had cheated on him again. Worst part was that it was with a close friend of my father's..." he paused. "Because of that he decided to let her keep him but he wouldn't treat him like his own. It was only expected that he would make Joon's life hell to get back at her. The more she saw that she loved him, the more he treated him badly. She knew it hurt her and that's what he wanted. Even on her death bed he promised her that Joon would have a miserable life. She died knowing that her son was going to suffer…" 
"He is horrible." 
"You're wrong. She shouldn't have done what she did. Joon had to pay the price for her wrongdoings." 
When we arrived home I didn't wait for Ji Hoon to open my door. I got off and bowed to thank Ji Hoon for the ride and started to walk in. He grabbed my hand and I stopped. 
"I…I still love my brother. Don't misunderstand Ha Na-ssi." I didn't do or say anything. I wasn't mad at Ji Hoon. I was sad for Joon…mad at his mother…mad at his father…How could people like them exsist?  So selfish and cruel...
"I know Ji Hoon-ssi." I whispered. Before I knew it I felt him pull me to him and hug me. He hugged me so tight. 
"Ji Hoon-ssi…" I whispered. 
"Don't cry…I hate it when you cry." he placed one hand on my waist and the other he held my head. After a few minutes he realesed me. 
"Go in." he smiled. I nodded and smiled back. 
"Goodnight Ha Na-ssi." 
 
____________________________________________________________
A/N: Haven't updated in a while! I hope you guys missed me ^^ keke.
I missed you too and your encouraging comments! I am such a horrible writer TT.TT 
I will try to make this story better...I don't want to stop writing because I don't want to upset you guys(: I love you too much!! 
I was thinking of bringing/introducing SeungHo back but i am not sure...should I? Leave your comments below and tell me what you think!! 
FIGHTING!!:D