SIXTY TWO

Until I Met You

“Ji Hoon needs to answer for all my money I’ve invested in Boosung” Roy said with a hint of anger in his voice. 

“He is still the President. He is just going through a tough time but the deal is still on.” 

“What else will he offer me if he can’t even see Ha Na? I was entrusted with my father’s legacy! I cannot risk loosing all the money I put into it” 

“Look. I may not be the President of the company but I am next in command. The person you will deal with is me. I am going to your benefit tomorrow. Isn’t that enough?” 

“People will become suspicious. They will look into it. Especially all of Boosung’s investors. He can’t hide for very long.” 

“I believe Ji Hoon will be back” 

“You hold him in high regards” 

“I have forgiven Ji Hoon. I bare no ill will towards him. He needs me to be there for him and that is what I intend to do” Ha Na said. 

“Ha Na…how could you just forgive him after everything he's done to you?” 

“Ji Hoon made mistakes, I know that. He has paid the ultimate price. Roy he has lost his eyesight for crying out loud! He will never be able to see his daughter’s face” Ha Na’s eyes teared up. Roy sighed.

“Very well. You do realize that if the project with Jackson fails…Boosung is as good as gone–” 

“I know and it won’t. I am confident it won’t.”

“Why go through all this trouble to fight for it when all it’s brought you is misery and shame?” 

“Because of that very reason. Boosung belongs to me. I've earned it! I deserve it” 

“You intend to keep it?” Roy raised a brow, not following what Ha Na was trying to say. 

She nodded. “I will fight to keep its reputation…it will once again become great. When that day comes, I am going to give it to Leo. He is the rightful owner afterall” 

Roy was impressed. He was impressed that Ha Na had such aspirations. She actually had a goal in mind. It wasn’t all about revenge. He felt bad that he once doubted her. 

“Will Ji Hoon be okay with this?” 

“He put me up to it. He is fully aware what I intend to do and he is okay with that.” she continued, “This is his way of apologizing for what he did to me” 

Roy’s eyes widened. 

That night, he kept thinking about what Ha Na and he had talked about. He found it absolutely insane how Ji Hoon would do something so big to earn her forgiveness. It made him think of Ji Hoon in a different light. He wondered if Lee Joon would be willing to do something so big for this sister. Even if he did though, he didn’t think it would be big enough to earn his forgiveness. What Lee Joon did was unforgivable. There would be nothing he could do that could make him view him in a favorable manner. 

Roy heard a knock on his office door.

“Come in” he thought it must of been Ms. Han reteriering for the night and wishing him a good night. How wrong he was. It was Rin. His heart began to beat at an abnormal pace. He coughed to clear his throat. “Rin…it’s late. Is everything okay?” he asked, concerned. 

She nodded. “I had some questions about the benefit tomorrow. I haven’t had a chance to speak to you sir” 

“Ofcourse. Please sit.” he continued. “What is it your curious about?” 

“Well…I hadn’t thought about this until this afternoon….I have no clothes for an event like that” 

Roy smiled. “Rin. Are you really worried about that?” 

He bit her lip. “I am, sir” 

“You don’t need to worry. I have called a designer and makeup artist to come tomorrow to get you ready.” 

Rin’s eyes shot up. “Oh! No sir you don’t have to do that!” 

“Its no problem. Is there anything else?” 

“This is more of a concern of mine…” 

“What is it Rin?” 

“Are you sure you want me to go with you tomorrow? You are going through a divorce. I don’t want you to get in any misunderstandings…or scandals” 

Roy blinked. “Misunderstandings? With who exactly?” Roy thought she was referring to Lee Joon. Did she still have feelings for him? 

“The public. I mean…it’s just that you are an important man and–” 

“My divorce is not public Rin. There is nothing to be nervous about.” 

“You keep saying that but–” 

“I want you to go with me.” he said. Rin blushed. 

She nodded. 

“There is one more thing” she continued. “Will Yoon Jae-san be attending?” 

“Glory is a partner, ofcourse they will.” 

“I see” 

“Are you curious if Lee Joon will be there?” He raised a brow. 

Rin shook her head. She was lying. 

“I invited his entire family, including Lee Joon. But don’t worry. He won’t come near you at all.” 

“U-Understood.” 

“I know you feel anxious and nervous, but rest assured. I will not allow him to approach you alone for a second. That is a promise” 

That promise felt a little more personal than what he intended. 


 

“I don’t think any of these dresses would look good on me” Rin looked at the ones the designer had picked out. “They are so glamorous…that is not me” 

“Oh nonsense! Any of these would look drop dead gorgeous on you.” Michael, the designer said. He was french and also Nana’s designer. 

He picked out a long black gown with an opened back. It had minimal sparkle with a halter neck. It was on the fitted side, not too tight. It looked very elegant. 

He paired it with an opened toed shoe with a high heel. 

“Wow honey! You look absolutely amazing! Tres Belle!” 

Rin looked at the mirror at her reflection. Her hair was up in an effortless wavy updo. Her makeup was on the heavier side- a smokey eye with a lip. She couldn’t believe the person starring back at her was her. Roy’s designer had left her looking unrecognizable. She starred at herself for a long time. 

Would Roy think she was beautiful? Would he think this was too over the top? 

“I look-” 

“Rin..” Roy walked in looking completely dumbfounded. It wasn’t everyday that he was mezmerized with a women’s beauty. He couldn’t understand how a women so plain could transform to look so different. So stunning.

“You look…” he paused before he said what Rin longed to hear, “Gorgeous.” 

She blushed. He thinks I look gorgeous. She thought. 

He offered his arm to her. She shyly took it. 

Walking so close to him felt like a fairytale. A dream. She felt like a princess holding on to a prince’s arm. This was all too unreal. Her heart was beating so fast. 

He helped her into the car. “Thank you” she looked at him, instantly regretting it. Once her eyes made contact with him she couldn’t control her urge to look down to his lips. She quickly looked away. Even for a slight second, Roy took notice of it. 

“Thank you for coming to this event Rin. It means alot to me.” Roy said to her as they rode in the back of the car. 

“Yes ofcourse. I am a little nervous though.” she lightly laughed. 

“Do not fret, you will be by my side all night.” he said. She bit her lip. Would he actually never leave her side? She wondered. She hoped with all her heart that was true. 

 

When they arrived, the chaffer opened the doors for both and as soon as they stepped out the cameras where on them. Roy protectively grabbed Rin’s hand and led her inside the building. He didn’t talk to anyone. The crowd kept snapping pictures of him. 

“Are you okay?” Roy asked once inside. Rin looked shocked. 

“Yes” she nodded nervously. 

“I should of warned you about that” he said, annoyed. “Come now, let’s make our way in” he smiled, reassuring her. She nodded. 

 

When they entered the great hall she couldn’t believe her eyes. It was stunning. The place looked like a castle straight out of a dream. All the work that Roy had put for this event was marvelous. 

“Oh my gosh!” Rin was amazed. 

Roy smirked. “Do you like it?” 

She nodded cheerfully. “It looks so great!” 

“Roy Zhou!” some men approached Roy and Rin. They were business men like him. They were younger gentlemen and by the looks of it, they were chinese. Rin didn’t speak chinese so she couldn’t understand them. She just idly stood next to Roy as they talked. She noticed how when they would speak they would take glances at her- they were talking about her. 

Roy leaned in and said something to them that made them react awkwardly. He smiled and they left. Something seemed off about it. 

“What was all that about, sir?” Rin asked curiously as they left so suddenly. 

“Would you believe me if I told you that you are already the talk of the party?” 

“How so?” 

“Well, they were most curious about who the beautiful, mysterious women next to me could be.” he smiled they walked into the hall. “And if they would be able to steal a dance with her later”

“They did not” 

“Look at you Rin, you are a vision. I am lucky I have such a gorgeous women by my side. Any man would kill for my spot” 

He didn’t mean that…did he? She thought. 

“You tease me.” she looked down. 

He looked over to her. “You don’t believe me? Try it out for yourself. Let go of my arm and I promise you there will be a man at your feet in less time than you can take your next breath.” 

She held on tighter. Roy laughed lightly. “Please don’t let go of me Mr. Roy. You are the only man I want to be around this eve–” she realized how that sounded and stopped herself. It sounded better in her head. 

Roy raised a brow. “Is that so?” 

Rin blushed. 

“Rin!” a familiar voice called out her name. She turned around and saw her family. Yoon Jae, Ren and close behind him was Joon. 

“Yoon Jae-san!” she unclasped her hand from Roy’s arm and went over to him. 

“Wow Rin, you look amazing” Ren said. Rin bowed. “Thank you!” 

“I agree, you are so beautiful my girl” Yoon Jae agreed. Roy kept his eyes on Joon. 

“Thank you, it’s all thanks to Mr. Roy” 

“Is that so?” Joon chimed in. They all shifted uncomfortably. 

Roy confidently asked, “Is there a problem Mr. Kim?” 

“None” he laughed. Ren elbowed him to get him to be quiet. 

“Anyway, how’s Leo?” Yoon Jae tried to change the subject. 

“He is adjusting great now that Rin is living with us” Roy said. He looked over at Joon to see any reaction. 

“Mr. Roy has been very kind to both of us.” Rin said. Roy loved how she wasn’t cowering over with Lee Joon’s presence. 

“We wouldn’t have it any other way.” Ren was the one that spoke up this time. Roy eyed him carefully. This was the first time he had met the other son of Kim Yoon Jae. He didn’t look full korean. He had japanese features. His hair was long enough he put it up in a bun. His jaw line was sharp and he was taller than Lee Joon. Still, he could see the smiliarity with Joon.

“It is a pleasure to meet you Kim Ren.” Roy extended a hand to him. 

“Likewise.” he took it.   

Roy said something in japanese and Ren responded to him. 

“As I suspected. Nihongo desu ka?” 

“Hai.” he said. “Half. My mother was japanese.” 

“I see. Rin and you must have alot in common” he said. 

“As a matter of fact, we do. We are very alike and we are very close.” 

Roy sensed a bit of jealousy coming from Ren. Could he like Rin? He thought. 

“Very well.” he said and smiled. “I have to go greet my guests, please enjoy the event” he said. 

For a second, Rin thought he would leave without her but was pleasantly surprised when he took her hand delicately and placed it on his arm. Joon glared at him and so did Ren. He bowed lightly and excused himself. 

“You didn’t think I would leave you behind?” he whispered in her ear. 

“Actually sir…that was exactly what I was wondering” 

“I made you a promise tonight Rin. I will not let you go. Plus,” he looked at her, “I am still the only man you want to be around you this evening, am I correct?” 

“Yes” she shyly said. Roy smirked. She was so cute. 

“My dear sister, I am so happy you made it out tonight.” Roy caught a glimpse of Ri An and Minue and approached them. 

Rin bowed to them both. 

“Did I have a choice?” Ri An sarcastically said. Roy disregarded the comment. 

“Miss Rin, you look beautiful tonight.” Ri An said to Rin. 

“Thank you. As do you.” she replied. 

“Where is your wife?” Ri An asked Roy. Rin thought Roy would get awkward but he kept his calm. “She couldn’t make it this evening. Luckily Miss Rin did me the honor to accompany me.” he glanced at her and smiled. 

Ri An noticed Rin’s reaction. She was obviously nervous. It made her wonder what was going on. She didn’t say anything. 

“It is great to see you both. Minue…” he bowed to him. “Thank you for taking care of my dear sister” 

Minue returned the sentiment. “Nothing brings me more joy.” 

Rin thought Minue was very handsome. He was tall and slim, like Roy but his facial features were so perfect. He looked so cool with his long hair tied into a half do. He looked surreal. She suddenly felt out of place. How was she surrounded by all these beautiful people? 

While Minue and Roy talked, Rian inched closer to Rin and asked, “Miss Rin…I was hoping you could tell me how’s Leo doing…”

Rin said, “He is doing good. After meeting you he seems more relaxed.” 

“I feared he would be anxious these days afterwhat happened.” 

She shook her head. “It would be good if you went to visit more often. He would like that” 

“Rin…I don’t know if that’s a good idea.” 

“Why not?” 

“I told him I would tell him the truth when he was older and if he wanted to accept me after that, it would be his choice. I don’t think I should meddle before that” 

Rin took Ri An’s hand. She was surprised by this action. “He needs you no matter what” 

Roy noticed it and smiled. He felt so at peace with Rin around. He was sure that Ri An felt it too. 

She nodded and proceed to go with Minue. 

“I have to continue to greet my guests…please, enjoy the rest of the event.” 

 

The rest of the night went well. After a few of the guests had left. Rin had taken a break on the beautiful balcony just by the great hall. It was a beautiful night.