FOURTY SEVEN

Until I Met You

 

"It is all that little 's fault! Once I get my hands on her I will--" 

"Noona~ it wasn't Ha Na's fault. Don't be quick to point fingers." Thunder tried to calm Sandara down. She was mad seeing Ji Hoon stuck in a hospital bed. He had awoken and was in a bad condition. He was beaten badly. The doctor had said that a while more and he would had not made it. Ji Hoon had a few broken ribs, his arm was broken plus he had lost a lot of blood.

 

"I need to talk to Joon Oppa." Sandara pulled out her phone and dialed his number. Thunder sighed but didn't stop her. He too wanted to know what happened.

He sat quietly waiting next to his noona.

 

"What." Joon answered. 

"What? Yah! Do you know that Ji Hoon Oppa is in the hospital right now!?" Sandara yelled.

"What do you want me to do about it? Should I be worried even though I was the one that sent him there?" Joon said emotionless. Sandara gasped. "How could..why would you do that him??" 

 

"Why?" he scoffed. "Why are you even surprised?" 

 

"He could of died…what were you thinking?" she cried. Thunder took the phone from her. "Joon…" he looked back at his sister. She was a mess. 

He decided to go outside so she wouldn't hear him. What he was about to tell Joon, only he knew of it. If Sandara knew, she might just die.

 

"Joon. Please tell me it wasn't you that did all that too Ji Hoon hyung." 

"I did. Are you also going to ask pathetic questions as to why I would do something like that to him?" 

 

"Joon listen to me. I don't know what happened with you two…but Ji Hoon is in critical state…he--" 

"I don't care. If he didn't die, he just bought himself more time for me to show him what true revenge means." 

Joon said and hung up. 

 

Thunder couldn't believe how indifferent Joon had become. He didn't care about his older brother in the least. He was heartless…

True revenge? 

Nothing could be worst than what Ji Hoon would be developing in the future. 

 

Flashback:

 

"Seongsaeng-nim…what did you need to talk to me about?" 

"Do you have any idea of what might of happened to Lee Ji Hoon-ssi? He seems to have been in a fight…" 

"I do not know anything…we barley found of this morning. Is he going to be okay??" Thunder was worried sick of his hyung.

"He is fine for now." the doctor sighed. 

"For now? What do you mean?" 

 

"Ji Hoon received severe brain damage. His optic nerves have also suffered and because of this, I am afraid to say that his vision will gradually deteriorate." 

 

"What?!" Thunder was in shock. Ji Hoon was going to be blind!? 

"This can't be…seongsaeng-nim please do more tests! You must of gotten it all wrong…" 

 

The doctor touched Thunder's shoulder and assured him that he had not done any mistake. 

 

"Seongsaeng-nim." Thunder said and the doctor stopped before he left his office. 

"How long until he goes completely blind?" 

 

"Uh..well it might take a while until he starts to feel pain and not see well. I say around 6 years." 

 

Thunder looked a little relived. "I see." 

"Please do me a favor." Thunder said. The doctor looked at Thunder with curiously waiting anxiously for what he was about to say. "Don't tell Ji Hoon." the doctor was stunned. How was he not going to tell the patient about his diagnosis?? 

 

"Keep this from hyung." Thunder stood from the chair and looked at the doctor. He was serious. 

 

"I'm afraid I can't do that Mr. Park." 

"Let me tell him! But only when the time is right…he can't know now. Please seongsaeng-nim!!" Thunder begged.

 

"I don't understand why you are like this but I will leave it to you then." the doctor sympathized with me. 

 

END OF FLASHBACK 

 

 

Ha Na POV:

 

Joon was already up when I woke up. He was standing in front of the window looking outside. 

 

"Joon?" I sat up on the bed. 

He turned his head and smiled when he saw me. 

"How are you feeling?" I asked. He nodded and said he was fine. He must've not remembered what happened last night. Well not all of it…

He wasn't wearing a shirt, so I could see all the wounds he had from last night. Did they hurt him? Why did he seem like he was okay…was he really okay?

 

"I'll go make breakfast. Go and wash up." Joon said and went downstairs. Something was still bugging him.

I did as he said. I grabbed my clothes and went into the bathroom. I was taking off my shirt off when I felt the sudden urge to throwing up. 

I quickly crouched down to the toilet and puked. 

 

"Ha Na" I heard Joon knock on the door. My eyes widened. 

"Uh? I'll be out in a minute!" 

 

"Are you okay?" he asked. 

 

"I'm fine!" I yelled. He didn't say anything else and I could hear him walk away. 

 

I washed my mouth. This was weird. I had never threw up in the morning…

I ignored it and went downstairs. The food was set on the table so I sat down and began to eat. Halfway through eating I felt that same strange feeling. I wanted to throw up again. Joon noticed and dropped his spoon and rushed over to me.

 

"Are you okay Ha Na? You look pale…" Joon came over to my side and touched my forehead. I began to gag and I covered my mouth and pushed him out of the way. I ran to the bathroom downstairs and threw up again. 

 

This couldn't be happening. 

I was still hugging the toilette when I started to realize what was happening. 

Without knowing it, I was crying. 

 

I wiped my mouth and stood up from the floor. 

When I looked at myself in the mirror I saw Joon leaning on the door frame. 

 

He didn't look happy…

Everything within me hoped that Joon didn't catch on. I tried to distract his thoughts and said,

"This is the last time I am going to eat anything you cook Lee Joon..!" I tried to sound like everything was okay when inside I was terrified. 

Joon didn't buy it. He was too smart for that.

"How long has this been going on?" 

 

I bit my lip. 

"W-What do you mean…" 

 

He was getting angry. He came up to me and took my shoulders and shook me a bit. "Don't play around Ha Na…I'm serious." 

 

"Joon.." I whispered. 

"Tell me…how long have you been like this?!" 

 

"I'm not sure..I just started this morning.." it was the truth. 

Joon let go of my shoulders and leaned on the wall behind him. He knew. 

 

"Joon it's probably isn't even that…" 

 

***

 

He sighed and took Ha Na's hand and walked out of the house, into the parking lot and made her get into his car. He shut the door and sped to the hospital. 

 

"Joon where are we going?" Ha Na sounded scared. Joon didn't say anything and when they got to the hospital he grabbed her hand again and he quickly made his way inside. 

Ha Na understood now. She jerked his hand off and looked at him with a angry eyes. Her eyes were red. This wasn't easy for her. Joon wasn't making it easier either. 

 

"Come on." he took her arm this time and made sure she didn't push him away. 

 

*****

 

Ha Na was scared. The chances that she was pregnant were high, and that terrified her. 

While they waited in the waiting room, Ha Na sat next to Joon but she didn't move at all. She was too occupied with her own thoughts. She couldn't be pregnant, she thought. 

 

"Ha Na." Joon grabbed Ha Na's shoulder bringing her back. She looked up at Joon.

"The nurse calling." 

She nodded and stood up from her chair and walked towards the nurse. 

 

 

Her legs where shaky and her heart was beating really fast. She was beyond scared. She looked back at Joon and he gave her a little nod. He wasn't going to come in with me? Ha Na questioned. 

"This way Miss Choi." the nurse held Ha Na's waist and escorted her to the room. 

 

 

****

 

"Great news Miss Choi. You are indeed pregnant!" the doctor said. My jaw dropped. I was in shock. "B-bwoh?" I stuttered. 

 

"Aren't you happy? You are going to be a mother Ha Na-ssi." 

My hand slowly came up to my mouth and covered it. This was supposed to be good news…so then why did I feel like this..?

 

****

 

When Ha Na walked out of the room into the waiting room, she saw Joon sitting in the same place on his phone. His eyes were glued to his little device. What could he be thinking?

 

Just as Ha Na almost made it to Joon, Thunder approach Joon first. She stopped.

 

"Hyung? What are you doing here?" Thunder looked surprised to see Joon in the hospital. Was he here for his brother? Thunder thought to himself.

 

Joon turned to Thunder and instantly looked annoyed to she him. His face didn't hide it one bit.

 

"Personal reasons." he said. Thunder knew it was too good to be true. How did he even think for a second that he could be here for his hyung? It was because of him that he was stuck here.

 

"Ah…" 

 

"Are you here for Ji Hoon?" Joon asked Thunder.

"Yes. He is--" 

"I didn't ask you how he was. I don't care about that." Joon said harshly.

Thunder looked sad.

 

"Did you think I came because I was worried about him?" Joon laughed. 

Thunder's jaw tightened. "To tell you the truth, I would have been more than surprised if you were. But," Thunder looked at Joon with hard eyes. "you don't have it in you to care. Who was I kidding…you are the same heartless bastard you've always been. Why do I always hope that you'll change? it's impossible…I know that now. You will never be a mature adult and accept the fact that the world doesn't revolve around you. It never has…and it never will." 

 

Joon stood up angrily and grabbed Thunder's shirt. "Who the hell do you think you are talking to like that?!" 

 

Thunder was not a man to get easily mad or loose his temper so quick but this time, Joon was being too much. "Let go of me…" 

"Don't think for a second I won't beat you and leave you like Ji Hoon. How knows maybe I'll even go further this time."

 

"For once can't you put your pride aside and be by your brother?" 

 

"My pride…would never allow me to do such a lowly thing." 

"What if something bad happened to Ji Hoon that affected his life so badly he would have to depend on you for survival? What would you do then?" Thunder studied Joon's face for any sign of emotion. 

 

"Wouldn't that make it easier for me? Haven't you heard? I want to destroy him."

 

Thunder looked at him in disbelief. "Not if I can stop you first. From this point on, you aren't my friend. You aren't my hyung. Stay away from my sister. We will stand by Ji Hoon…" he grabbed Joon's hand that were still on his shirt and tossed it from him."Learn to hate us as much as your brother. You and I…are finished." Thunder gave him a look of pure hate before he turned around and left. 

 

Ha Na was in shock. Joon was pushing away everyone he once cared about. Why was he doing this? 

 

Joon laughed and sighed in disbelief. He ran his hand through his jet black hair and he grabbed a fistful of it and laughed even harder. He turned around and his eyes met Ha Na's. Ha Na looked like she was in the verge of tears. She had just witnessed everything that had just happened. 

Joon ignored that fact and went to her and asked her, "How did it go?" 

"Why are you being like this?" Ha Na said weakly. 

 

"What did the doctor say?" Joon completely ignored her question. 

"Nothing, I'm fine." Ha Na crossed her arms. 

"Are you really going to be like this?" he was getting annoyed.

 

"Why should I tell you everything about my ed up life when you won't tell me what the hell is going on with yours!? Why are you being such an lately?!" Joon was surprised to hear Ha Na speak to him like this. 

 

Joon stayed quiet.

When he didn't respond, she sighed and disappointed, she didn't want to deal with him at the moment anymore so she walked away. 

 

When she was outside she signaled a taxi to stop and get her out of there. Before she got in, Joon pulled her arm and brought her to him. He told the taxi to leave and by then Ha Na was fuming.

 

"What happened in there?" he still had the nerve to ask. 

Ha Na was beyond mad. She decided to throw everything to his face. 

"You want to know??" she said harsh. Joon lowered his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows.

Ha Na scoffed. "Say something!" Ha Na yelled. She was getting aggravated.

 

"You know what forget it." she began to walk away when again, Joon grabbed her.

 

"I said tell me!!" Joon yelled.

"I'm pregnant!! There, are you happy!?" Ha Na cried.

 

Joon's eyes flew open. 

"You aren't the only one that's having a hard time!" she cried and yelled as hard as she could. She let her frustrations out.

 

He was speechless for a moment.

 

Ha Na kept crying while wiped her tears. 

 

"I'm sorry. I will take it all away for you Ha Na…

Even if I have to do the impossible," he lifted his face to look at Ha Na. He looked at her with a look full of hate and determination. "I…will find a way to get rid of that thing inside of you." 

 

Ha Na gasped. Thing?

"Why…why do you" Ha Na was speechless. Joon had just referred to his own child as a 'thing'. 

 

Joon grabbed Ha Na's chin and lifted it. "Why do I what?" 

"Why would you want to get rid of it?" 

 

Joon raised a brow. "Why would you want a 's child inside you?"

 

Ha Na's eyes widened. He was implying that it was Ji Hoon's child??

 

"It's not his!" Ha Na pushed Joon away. Why would he even say something like that?

 

Joon lowered his eyes at Ha Na. "How can you be so sure?"