TWO

Until I Met You

 

 

"Everything is ready." Changsun told his father, Yoon Jae. 

"After all this time, it's really happening." Yoon Jae felt excited to go back to Korea.

 

"Father, I have a request. I want Rin to come with us." Changsun said. Yoon Jae was surprised. "Oh?" he smiled.

 

"It's not what you are thinking. I need her to take care of Leo. I'll be too busy" he clarified himself.

 

"Ofcourse! I wasn't thinking anything Changsun-ah…although Rin and you do make a good couple. I would not object to that relationsh-" 

 

"Father" he stopped him. He knew where this was leading. His father wanted him to marry. 

 

"Changsun…you are almost 29.." 

 

"I told you I am not going to get married. Ever. You know the reason, so please stop insisting I get married." Changsun got really annoyed when his father would bring up marriage. 

It had been 5 years since he lost Ha Na and he hadn't moved on from her in all the years that had passed. There hadn't been anyone that even compared to her. Everyone he had met was quickly rejected. 

 

About Rin, he felt close to her but he didn't have those kind of feelings towards her. She was humble, silly and to some point cute. She also took care of Leo well. But that was it.

 

"Arraseo. I'll stop bringing it up." he laughed. 

 

"Appa!!" the doors flew opened and a little boy came running into Yoon Jae's office. It was little Leo. He was 5 years old.

 

"Aigoo~ our Leo-yah came to visit grandpa and appa at work?" Changsun grabbed him and raised him up to give him a kiss. "Aniyo…just appa" he pecked Changsun on the lips. 

 

"Jinjja? Just me?" 

 

He looked over at his grandpa and shook his head when he saw Yoon Jae give him a cute sad face. "Grandpa too!" 

 

"Aigoo…come over here my little puppy" 

Changsun put him down and Leo ran over to Yoon Jae and gave him a big hug.

 

He was just the cutest thing.

 

Rin laughed. She brought Leo to the company to visit his father and grandpa and also to bring them lunch. They had been overworking, barley coming home some nights. 

 

"Yoon Jae-san you should rest…you look exhausted." Rin went over to him and put his lunch on his desk. 

"Our Rin takes care of us well" he smiled. She bowed. "You are like my father…of course I worry about you Yoon Jae-san." 

 

"What about mine?" Changsun raised a brow when he saw her bring lunch to his father but not him.

 

"Oh, right" She walked over to the other side of the desk, dug into her bag and placed the box lunch in front of him. She was nervous. For some reason seeing Changsun at the company made her nervous. He looked so…professional. The fact that Yoon Jae was there made it worst. The last thing she wanted was the make her feelings toward Changsun obvious to Yoon Jae.

 

He smirked when he saw how stiff she was. 

 

"Arigatou…" 

she bowed nervously. 

 

_____________

 

 

Rin had put Leo to sleep. She watched over him. He snored softly. "There is nothing more I would want than to be your mama, Leo-kun. I love you like if you were my own…and I love your appa…with all my heart." she got sad. Her hands clutched tightly at her chest. "I am happy to look over you and your appa…I will always take good care of you both…I love you two so much." 

 

The lights flicked on. Rin jumped scared when she turned around and saw Changsun standing behind her. "Changsun!" 

 

"Is that true?" he questioned her. She blushed madly. Her heart was racing.

"I--I…" 

 

Changsun got closer and closer to her. 

 

"Answer me Rin. I asked…is what you just said true?" 

 

"I-I was hoping you would never find out…" she was so nervous. 

 

"That you love me?" Changsun asked. He stopped when he was right in front of her. She nodded slowly looking down at the floor. Her heart was beating like crazy.

"I know you don't feel that way for me. You still love Miss Ha Na--" Changsun grabbed her arm, spun her around so that her back was to his chest and placed his hand on , keeping her from saying anything else. 

"Don't say her name. Please."

 

She was completely shocked that Changsun was acting this way. He was touching her

 

"What about me is it that you like, Rin?" he whispered into her ear. He was so curious to know what she had to say. They had known each other for 5 years and this was the first time they were so close to each other. This was the first time Changsun talked to her like this. He knew of her feelings for him but always chose to ignore them. He didn't want to fall in love with anyone or have anyone fall for him. It just wasn't on his mind. Loosing Ha Na was traumatic for him in more ways than one.

 

When he removed his hand, it slid down to her wrists and kept it there. His other hand was across her shoulders. 

"I like everything about you Changsun. You are the strongest person I know…you are caring, beautiful.." 

 

"Is that so? You forgot to mention a few more things. How about the fact that I am arrogant and heartless. Those are my top qualities." 

 

"Why do you see only the negative things about yourself? You have so many great things about you…" 

 

"Because I can't see any." Changsun said. 

 

Rin began to tear up.

 

"Like you, she also saw my 'so-called' good qualities and because she refused to see the real me, she ended up in a hospital bed fighting for her life. I don't want that for you Rin." 

 

Rin tore Changsun's arm away from her and turned around to see him. Her eyes were sincere with anger and sorrow. 

 

"You don't have to worry about anything happening to me. I know my place. I do not expect to receive your love. The only thing I want is for you to realize how valuable of a person you are. Not only for yourself but for your family…for your son. Be a good example for Leo.  Don't ever bring him down with all that negativity. I won't forgive you if you do. You must not realize it, you must think no one loves you sincerely but he does. He loves you the most. Treasure that." she said and made her way to the door. 

 

Before she left Changsun followed her, grabbed her arm once again and slammed her body to his chest. 

 

He kissed her lips, softly. The sudden action surprised even him. He was not planning to do that. Deep down he wanted to see if he was really capable of feeling something for her. He wanted to test himself. As messed up as it was. 

 

Her lips felt warm, full of affection and inexpirenced. There was no denying that he just didn't not feel anything. When they broke apart Changsun said, "Give me more time…I do not wish to play with you Rin…but I need to understand my heart. Before I go on foolishly giving it away again…let me make sure this is what I really want."