SIXTY THREE

Until I Met You

RIN POV:

 

The night was beautiful. As I looked up at the sky, I saw many stars. Everyone that I had met tonight was just as beautiful as each star out. The brightest one being Mr. Roy.

“Rin” I heard a familiar voice. When I heard it I felt my heart beat out of my chest. It was Joon.

“Why do you look so terrified…it’s just me” he said.

“J-Joon..” I stuttered. “What are y-you doing here?”

“I came to talk to you…ever since you’ve been hanging out with that guy you think you are so high and mighty you can’t even say hi to me”

“That’s not true”

He raised a brow, “It’s not?” he walked towards me. I backed away until I couldn’t. My back had hit the railing.

“Y-you hurt me…”

“I said I was sorry” he grabbed on to the railing on each side of me. He had trapped me. My heart was beating out of my chest, scared. He was so close to me I could smell the alcohol on his breath. He had been drinking. Nothing good ever came from his drinking.

“Please don’t hurt me again” I whispered.

“Rin…I don’t want to hurt you…I just want you back..” he said as he rested his head on my shoulder. “I feel like I am going crazy without you”

“I can’t go back..I need to be there for Leo”

“I need you both back..” he lifted his head and grabbed my shoulders. He squeezed tightly. I squirmed.
“You need to come back with me Rin. Don’t you care about me anymore? uh?”

“I do care about you–ow…Joon-ssi, you’re hurting me!”

“Let go of her you bastard” I heard Roy’s voice and the next think I knew, he had grabbed his arm and threw him off me.

“Mr. Roy!”

“Leave this instant or I will have you escorted out” he said.

“I’m not leaving here without Rin!”

“You will not lay a finger on her.”

He started laughing. Joon looked like a crazy person. “I knew it. Now it all makes sense.”

“What are you blabbering about?”

“You like her” he said. What? Roy liked me?

“I mean…if I would of seen her like that…” he eyed me. “I probably would of been attracted to her too”

Why was he being so mean? He was never aware how much his words could hurt.

“Security.” Roy called out. “Not another word from that filthy mouth. I will not allow you to disrespect Miss Rin any further” He continued, “If I wouldn’t have made a deal with Ha Na I would make sure from this very moment you never see the light of day. I would have you rot in prison for the rest of your life. Unfortunately for me I am a man of my word. I have been much too kind for the likes of you.”

He laughed. “You wouldn’t be able to do that even if you tried”

“Don’t tempt me.”

“Joon-ssi please leave” I begged. He looked over to me. The eyes that once looked at me with love and compassion where now hard and scary. I was scared of him. The man I once loved. Kim Leo's father.

“Take this person out of here at once.” Roy instructed the guards when they got there. Joon put up a fight.

“Roy what’s going on?” Ri An and Minue came over with all the commotion.

“You will pay for this! You took everything from me!” Joon yelled. I couldn’t help but tear up. Roy ignored him and went over to my side. He gently put his hands on my shoulders and patted me to calm me down. The guards were able to take him away.

“What in the world happened?” Ri An was left curious.

“What else could it be?” he scoffed. “Always making a scene…” he bitterly said. There was something off about him. It almost seemed like he was angry but he was able to maintain himself calm.

“I am needed somewhere else. Ha Na, Minue-ssi…we can talk later.” he said and took my arm as he pulled me away.


 

He lead me through a hallway. I wasn’t sure where we were going. He wasn’t saying anything.

When we reached a room at the end of a hallway, he opened the door and after we were inside, he closed it. The room looked like a suite…with a living room and a fireplace.

“Rin…I am sorry…I need to sit down for a moment.” he said, his voice sounding tired.

“Sir…are you alright?” I asked, concerned.

He didn’t say anything. I just awkwardly stood by. I didn’t know what to say. Without a word, he stood up and walked over to me. He took my arm and asked “Are you okay? I am sorry I couldn’t keep that person away from you. I broke my promise to you”

“Mr. Roy…you came to help me just in time. I owe you everything.”

Roy shook his head.

“I am worried about you sir…you don’t look well..”

“You have no idea how terrible that guy makes me feel. To think that I have the power to vanish him from your life and my sisters….but not being able to do it…I feel so–” he hesitated. “I feel useless”

“You are anything but sir!”

His hand went up to my cheek. He grazed it with his fingers. My face felt so hot.

“I just want to keep you safe. That’s all I want…”

My jaw was frozen. I couldn’t say anything. He slid his fingers to my chin and held it up to look at him. Without any words, he brought his lips to mine. Was this really happening? Roy Zhou had just kissed me!

I pushed him back. “Sir?” My heart was beating like crazy.

“I am no longer going to lie to myself…I can’t hide it anymore. I like you Rin.” he confessed. “I can’t continue to deny it .”

I shook my head.

“I…I…there is no way someone like you can have feelings for me…” I said nervously.

“Why?” he whispered.

“You are Roy Zhou.”

“What about that restricts me from having feelings for you, Rin?’

“I am not someone that is right for you sir…”

He didn’t say anything and just took my hand and placed it on his chest. “Do you feel that? Do you think I have any control over this?”
I was in disbelief. He didn’t let it go.

“Tell me…what should I do with this heart? I have never felt it be so out of control like it is now.”

Was he trying to tell me that he had never been in love before?

“I don’t know how or when it happened…all I am certain of is that I felt like I was going to explode with rage earlier when I saw Lee Joon touch you.”

“You dislike him…”

“It was much more deeper. I had never felt so…jealous.”

I was fighting against myself. I dreamed of Roy confessing his love to me just like this, but part of me felt like I didn’t deserve such a man. He was so accomplished and important. What was I? What had I ever accomplished?

He put a loose stand of hair behind my ear. I looked down nervously.

“Are you still in love with Lee Joon? Is that why you can’t accept my feelings? Did I misread you Rin?”

“No! Of course not sir! You are the man that I like–” before I could finish I felt his lips on mine. Kissing him felt like I was walking through clouds. I had dreamed of this moment for a long time. Just like Roy had said, I didn’t know how or when it happened, but I was falling in love with him. I didn’t know what that felt like before. This feeling was different than the one I felt with Lee Joon.

Roy was so gentle and patient. Caring and kind. He truly was a good man.

When we separated, we both looked into each other’s eyes.

“You didn't misread me sir. I…I have feelings for you too Mr. Roy” I said. I ran my hands up his chest and hook around his neck to bring him down to me. “I have for a long time”

His lips grazed mine.

“I feel guilty that I looked at you in that way….because you were married..”

“I always suspected that you had feelings”

I nodded. He was right.

“I always tried to deny it…for that reason, because I was married.”

“I’m sorry I looked at you like that Mr. Roy”

He shook his head. “Don’t be Rin. I’m not.” he slid his hand up my neck. I shuddered at his bare touch.

“We should go back to the party. As much as I would love to stay here with you, this is also my event and people will start to wonder where I am” he said. I smiled.

“Yes, of course sir”