TWENTY FIVE

Until I Met You

Everything happened so fast. From the moment that Ji Hoon pulled Joon out of the car until he was laying on the floor right in front of me. Ji Hoon pulled him out of the car and threw him on the ground. He was furious. I tried to stop him but when I grabbed his arm he shrugged it off hard. He looked back at me with hurt and confused look. 

Joon had too many wounds and the fact that he was tipsy wasn't helping him. He was trying to stand but would fall over every time.

"Ji Hoon please don't hurt Joon anymore!" I was about to walk to Joon but he blocked me and stood right in front in me. He took my hand and pulled me to the opposite direction. I tried to release myself from his hand but he just kept pulling me away with him. Sandara stayed behind with Joon. 

When we reached an empty street Ji Hoon finally let go of my hand. 

He was panting. He ran his hand through his hair and let out a loud grunt. I just stood there looking at him. When he calmed down he turned to me but didn't say anything. So I broke the silence first. "Why are you like this?" His jaw tightened. 

"You're brother...why would you tell him the truth about his mother?? How could you do something so cruel when you knew how hurt he is?" I asked. I could feel my eyes getting watery. I ignored it and continued. "Do you like seeing him like this?" 

"He isn't my brother. He never once thought of me as his hyung. Why should I!?" Ji Hoon said. "All he saw me as was a rival he had to destroy..." 

"If you don't think of him a brother then leave him alone...don't ever come close to him again." I said and started walking back to the park. He stopped me. 

I stopped but didn't face him. "...stay away from Joon." I turned around to look at him with a confused look. 

"Why?" I raised a brow. 

Ji Hoon fixed his pose and stood straight. He cleared his throat and said those words. "Because I hate seeing you with him...don't look at another guy. I like you so like me...and only me Ha Na." 

"You don't. You just don't want to lose to him...if you like someone for real, you don't approach them like this. You think about what the other person feels first... 

You're so self centered and I hate it..."
 
 
______________________________
 
 
 
Ji Hoon stood there hurt by Ha Na's words. 
"Ji Hoon-ssi...I don't have feelings for you. Please stop doing this..my answer will continue to be no." Ha Na said and walked away. Ji Hoon didn't try to stop her. Was he really self centered? He had just destroyed Joon by telling him the truth about his mother. Was that really necessary? What did he gain from that? Maybe Joon wasn't the monster. Ji Hoon was turing into one without even noticing. 
 
He had just gotten rejected by the girl he liked...twice. One thing was for sure. He wasn't going to give up. No matter how many times she rejected him, he was going to make her his. Joon didn't deserve her...
 
CHOI HA NA 
 
I walked towards the park but once I got there Joon was already gone. His car was gone and so was he. I pulled out my cellphone and dialed his number. No answer. There was nothing I could do so I went home. It was 2am when I got home and I could see the lights on in the house. Was Mir up this late? 
I walked in and Mir was sitting on the couch in the living room. He looked pissed. 
 
"Mir...what are you doing up..?" I took off my boots and walked over to him. 
"Where were you?" he raised a brow. I couldn't exactly tell him where I had been. What was I going to say? That Joon found out the truth about his screwed up family and I was trying to comfort Joon but then we started to making out and that Ji Hoon almost killed him because he was jealous of the fact that I was kissing Joon? 
"I was out with Yoon Ji." I shrugged. 
 
"Don't lie to me Ha Na!" he was mad. Why was he getting all mad about this? This attitude of Mir was starting to piss me off. 
"I don't see why I have to explain everything about my life to you!!" I yelled back. Mir grabbed my wrists and pinned me to the wall. He didn't like that I yelled at him. Not one bit. 
 
"What did you say?!" 
I bit my lip and didn't say anything. I should of never made Mir this angry...he was just looking out for me. 
"I'm..I'm sorry Mir...I didn't mean for you to get angry...you were just worried about me.."
"Is that all you think this is?" Mir didn't let my wrists go. He held them tighter. I winced in pain. "You think that you can do this to me Ha Na?"
"What are you talking about Mir?" 
His head dropped. It was resting on my shoulder. He sighed and realsed my hands and just said "Never mind. Just don't get home so late. It's dangerous at night..." 
Mir headed back to his room and closed the door. 
 
EARLIER
MIR POV;
 
Sandara called me while I was at work. I didn't pick up because it was super busy. Ever since Ha Na quit work had become hectic. The boss had to hire more people...I don't think I could do this much work everyday for 10 hours. 
 
When my shift was over, I drove home and on the way I pulled out my cellphone and dialed Dara noona's number. She picked up at the first ring. 
"CHEOL YONG WHAT THE HELL!!!" she yelled. My ears hurt from her loud screaming. 
"What!?" 
 
"Why didn't you pick up earlier!?" she kept yelling. 
"Yah...stop yelling i'm not deaf. I was working...What's up?" I finally got home and noticed Ha Na was still not here. I sat on the couch.
She was quiet for a while. "I thought you were going to keep Ha Na away from Ji Hoon and Joon." 
 
"Yeah about that...i'm sorry. I..don't think I can do that." I said honestly. I couldn't force Ha Na to stay away from them. It was her life...
 
"Wae!? Do you know what happened today?! You're precious Ha Na was with Joon. Ji Hoon and I found them....today. She and Joon...were..." 
"Noona...stop." 
 
"Mir...I don't want you to be hurt...this is for your own good. Joon...he was just pleasuring himself. You know how he is when it comes to girls...he will break Ha Na's heart...
You know he is just going to do with her what he wants and then he will-" 
"I know." I was trying to hold my tears in. I knew Joon was a player...if Ha Na was in love with him, I had to stop it now. She would be devastated in the end. Ha Na couldn't take another heartbreak like this one. She didn't know i knew about SeungHo. I did...that bastard abused her so much...while I just stood on the sidelines and watched...
 
"I think she's home. I have to go." I hung up and saw Ha Na come in. She took off her boots and said, "Mir what are you doing up?" 
"Where were you?" I raised a brow expecting her to lie to me. 
 
"I was out with Yoon Ji." 
 
I couldn't help it. I exploded with anger. "Don't lie to me Ha Na!" 
"I don't see why I have to explain everything about my life to you!" she yelled. 
 
"What did you say!?" I grabbed her wrists and pushed her to the wall. 
She bit her lip, regretting what she had said...it was too late. I was already too angry to stop.
 
"I'm sorry Mir...I didn't mean for you to get angry...you were just worried about me.." 
 
And just then, I almost confessed to her my feelings. "You that all you think this is?" I held her wrists tighter. "You think that you can do this to me Ha Na?" 
"What are you talking about Mir?" she sounded confused.
It took everything in me to keep my mouth shut. I couldn't do this...
 
My head dropped to her shoulder. I couldn't do this...
 
I released her wrists. "Never mind. Just don't get home so late. It's dangerous at night." and walked away to my room.
 
When was I going to stop being a coward? I am such a lousy guy...I can't even protect the women I love. Maybe I don't deserve her...
                                                                     
************************