FIFTY FIVE

Until I Met You

JI HOON POV: 

My eyes felt like they were opened, but I couldn’t see anything. I felt someone's hands on me.

“Mr. Lee, we need to place your bandage...please bear with us.” the voice of a nurse said as she struggled to put my bandage back on. 

“What’s going on?! I can’t see anything…” I kept rubbing my eyes. 

I knew there was something wrong with my eyes. Before, there were times that my vision was blurry...but never had I not seen anything. 

“Mr. Lee...you need to calm down. Dr. Kyung will be with you in a bit” they urged. I was panicking.

Some one entered the room.

“Mr. Lee Ji Hoon? I am Dr. Kyung. I need to have a word with you.” 

“Please, leave us.” he urged the other nurses. 

“Dr...what is going on!?” I didn’t know where he was. I reached my arm out.

 

 

                       ************************************************

After the doctor had spoken to Ji Hoon, he had given him a sedative.

Earlier, Ji Hoon had gone crazy. He had not taken the news well. Several hours had passed, and Ji Hoon had fallen asleep.

Taehee was in the room. She was on the verge of closing her eyes when she heard someone knocking on the door. She went over to open it and to her surprise it was Joon. 

“Mr. Kim” she was shocked to see him. 

Joon looked over to Ji Hoon. He noticed he was just sleeping. 

“What are you doing here?’ 

“I came to see how President Lee was doing. Is it strange?” 

She shook her head. 

“Ofcourse not..” she said annoyed. “He is asleep right now,”

“I see that. When is he supposed to be discharged?” 

“Tomorrow. Look, he is probably not going to be able to go to work for a while. I would like it if you and anyone from Boosung left him alone” 

“Right.” 

Tae Hee had no idea who Joon was. She was completly unaware that they were brothers. As far as she was concerned he was Kim Changsun to her. No relation to Lee Ji Hoon at all. 

What surprised Joon was how worried she seemed to be. She even looked sad. Her eyes were red and she had bags under her eyes. 

Was she really the same women he had met at the Boosung Ball? 

“A-are you okay?? he asked without really thinking it through. 

She looked up at him and nodded. 

He gave her a nod and began making his way out. 

As he walked out of the room there was a women with a little girl walking in. 

“Are we going to see daddy again ahjumma?” the little girl asked. 

She is Ji Hoon’s daughter...Joon thought. My niece...

Ji Hoon would never be able to see his daughter’s face again.  

That thought didn’t sit well with Joon. 

Joon’s phone went off. He stopped and pulled it out of his pocket. It was her.

 

His eyes widened. He did not expect that at all. 

He froze and he missed the call. Why in the world was Ha Na trying to call him? Out of all the things that had happened, he was shocked. 

 

He didn’t call her back just yet. He made his way to the parking garage outside the hospital and in his car. 

Once in his car, he took his phone and dialed her number. 

“Joon.” she spoke. Her voice sounded stern and cold. 

Ha Na..” he said. There was worry and sadness in his. 

“Joon...what’s wrong?” her voice quickly changed. 

I-I” he hesitated.

“Joon!” 

I need you here Ha Na-yah.” he whispered. “I feel like my chest is getting tighter and tigher everytime...and it feels so hard to breathe..”

“Tell me”

I’m having a really hard time…” he cried softly. 

“Joon...wait for me? I will be there...please wait for me, okay?”