FOURTY

Until I Met You

Changsun couldn't contain himself. He couldn't believe that Ha Na would agree to work with Ji Hoon. Just the thought of it made his skin crawl. 

He hurried to Boosung. He was going to crash the conference. 

Just when he had arrived at Boosung everyone was leaving. All the reporters were walking out. Changsun ran inside the building. He stopped in his tracks when he saw them. His blood boiled when he saw Ji Hoon and Jung Rian smiling at each other. 

Why? 

Why wasn't she looking at him with hatred? With the look that she saw him with? 

"Ji Hoon..." Changsun stood right in front of them. Lee Ji Hoon turned and saw his younger standing before them. He was livid. 

"Well...if it isn't Kim Changsun." 

"No need to keep on pretending Ji Hoon, you can call him by his disgusting real name." Rian said. 

"That's right Joon. Ji Hoon knows exactly who I am. Now that we all have confirmed our true identities...no need for fomalities, right?" she cocked her head to the side and raised a brow. 

"Just what are you trying to do? What's this nonsense about you becoming Vice President?" 

She laughed. "You know, it's funny. Last time I asked you a question you weren't exactly in a sharing mood.It just so happens that I feel the same way"

"What was it you were trying to accomplish by having me arrested?" Ji Hoon was the one asking the questions now.

"I am setting the stage to bring you down" Joon said with a wicked look in his eye.

“You think that is going to work Joon?” Rian laughed. "Whatever it is that you are planning is going to fail."

“I wouldn't be so cocky. I am reclaiming what is rightfully mine.” Changsun said proudly. Ji Hoon and Rian scoffed at the same time.

“Yours? Do you mean Boosung?" Ji Hoon laughed in his face.

"Boosung and Glory will be mine." 

"Ahhh.....Glory. What, so now you accepted Kim Yoon Jae as your real father? Ofcourse, it’s because he had something to offer you right?” she mocked. 

He couldn’t believe how cold she had become. The memories he had once shared with a sweet girl...he now regreted. He had given her all the tools to hit him right where it hurt. 

“Kim Yoon Jae, he was always my father. I have learned things I didn’t know back then. Things that will never be revealed to you. I love and respect my father, not for how rich he is or how much power he has, but because he is an honest and respectable man.” 

“How sweet.” she smiled. 

“I don’t need to convince you about anything. I am done here.” Changsun excused himself. 

“You think you can walk away happy and satisfied? You have a family…a company, money….a great life.” Ri An started. Changsun stopped and heard her out. “You think you can keep my son…” Her eyes were teary. “What makes you think you deserve it all..?” 

Ji Hoon looked at Rian.  

"You are such a dispicable human being...if I can even call you that!" she hissed. “What good did you ever do to have everything?” 

Changsun’s eyes widened. He turned around to see Ri An's tears spilling.

Changsun just stood there, frozen in place. At a loss of words.

“You took everything I had….you changed me into this monster….” she sniffed. “Why do you get to be happy?!” 

He didn’t know what to say. Ji Hoon was quiet, also feeling guilty that part of the reason she was sad was his fault.

“That day, you found me in your room, the first day we met…do you remember?” she asked. He nodded slowly. “you treated me like garbage. You yelled at me, you threw me on the ground. You didn’t even care that I got hurt. You were so cold…You dared even call me ‘filth’. Just because you were rich you thought you could treat poor people like myself like trash…

and her we are, 6 years later…you have a family that loves you. A women that would do anything for you, the company your father worked so hard for…and my son. Me? Well..I have money. That’s it.” 

 

“Ha Na…” 

“I didn’t even get to keep my identity.” her eyes were red. 

Changsun tried to move closer to her but Ji Hoon intercepted. He grabbed his tie. "Not another step"

"Since when did you become her guard dog?" he spat at Ji Hoon. 

"Since garbage like you exsist." 

 

Jung Ri An couldn't take it anymore. She started to walk away back to her office. The company guards went to Ji Hoon's aid and escorted Changsun out.